Revelation 17

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Easy....as I said I am delving deep to understand it and praying asking the Holy Spirit to give me revelation knowledge of it.
I knew there are metaphors...but discovering what exactly these symbolic scriptures are referencing is very challenging....especially with intertwining the writing style of one from an era of centuries past with actual events of today's time.
@Heart2Soul Prayer and the Scriptures so need the work of the Holy Spirit, right?

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Thank you for all this information and commentary.....so can you summarize as to what is the king/kingdoms whom 5 have fallen, 1 is, and 1 is yet to come?
Hi Heart2Soul,
I don't subscribe to the 7 hills of Rome interpretation, instead I believe the 7 controlling heads of the beast from the sea, which for the purpose of the vision, morph into mountains, represent the set of earthly kingdoms which God's People struggle with from start to finish. The eighth empire is of the seven, being the global sum total of the previous regional dominating infrastructures.

upload_2020-12-11_19-6-38.png
The Behaviour That Brings Down Babylon

1. The Position of Babylon
  2. The Appearance of Babylon
  3. The Identification of Babylon
  4. The Conveyance of Babylon
  5. The Associations of Babylon
  6. The Termination of Babylon
  7. The Lamentation for Babylon
Babylon sits upon many waters = upon peoples, multitudes, nations, tongues.

Babylon sits upon a scarlet coloured beast = upon the Satanic superstructure that embodies the natural wickedness of mankind with its godless ambitions.

Babylon sits upon seven mountain heads = upon the historical empires of Egypt, Assyria, Babylonia, Medo-Persia, Greece, Political Rome, & Papal Rome.

Babylon sits as a city of supremacy = over the earth and its leaders.

Babylon appears as a woman who is noble = as stately, dignified, excellent, notable.

Babylon appears as a woman who is rich = as succeeding, prospering, attracting, gaudy.

Babylon appears as a woman who is great = as expansive, important, matriarchal, idolatrous.

Babylon appears as a woman who is drunk = as excessive, indulgent, satiated, intoxicated.

Babylon is named for mystery = secrets, oaths, rites, deals.

Babylon is named for greatness = expansive, important, powerful, famous.

Babylon is named for matriarchy = source, producer, ruler, matrix.

Babylon is named for harlotry = prostitutes, whores, available, saleable.

Babylon is named for idolatry = objectionable, detestable, horrible, abominable.

Babylon is named for sorcery = occultic, distorting, deceiving, bewitching.

Babylon is carried on the beast who is like a leopard = swift, predatory political agility.

Babylon is carried on the beast who has feet like a bear = sharp, aggressive military might.

Babylon is carried on the beast who has a mouth like a lion = loud, dominating media mastery.

Babylon is carried on the beast who has 7 heads = complete corporate control.

Babylon is carried on the beast who has 10 horns = extreme executive enforcement.

Babylon is carried on the beast who has 10 crowns = total temporal tyranny.

Babylon is associated with nations = plies them with her beliefs.

Babylon is associated with sovereigns = pleases them with her attentions.

Babylon is associated with merchants = prospers them with her trade.

Babylon terminates with hostility = hated, desolate, naked, devoured, burnt.

Babylon terminates with plagues = death, mourning, famine.

Babylon terminates with burning = fire, smoke, torment.

Babylon terminates with violence = overthrown, cast down.

Babylon terminates with haunting = demons, foul spirits, hateful unclean birds.

Babylon’s fall is lamented by rulers = shock, sorrow, punishment.

Babylon’s fall is lamented by merchants = loss, mourning, ruin.

Babylon’s fall is lamented by traffickers = grief, distress, destitution.

Attachments

• upload_2020-12-11_19-3-58.png
    upload_2020-12-11_19-3-58.png
    38.1 KB · Views: 0

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So I have been researching the city that sits on 7 mountains....most refer to Rome as that city.
But what I also found is an article that described horrible acts of punishment to those who were considered heretics...and this may or may not be true but it states that these methods of torture are still used today....I am kind of iffy about that....The Seven Mountains And Seven Heads | AgAir Update

But this article is very eye popping...makes you go hmmmm.and it is up to date with today's events and even includes Trump.
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news...n/news-story/be825c6262f5e764a3c2cbd385442702

I have always believed the antichrist comes from a religious cult. How blind will the people be as it is soon coming upon us.
What if the Antichrist is not an individual, but the cult itself? There are several reasons why I suggest this.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

yeraa

Dec 11, 2020
Required
Faith
Christian
Country
Algeria
What if the Antichrist is not an individual, but the cult itself? There are several reasons why I suggest this.

just tell us that why still majority of americans are trying to be antichrist ? huh?

for they preaching it as if he is an hero, and than again advertise as if villain.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that the spirit of antichrist exists within governments and establishments....but THE Antichrist will be the one who comes and declares he is the messiah....correct?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Heart2Soul,
I don't subscribe to the 7 hills of Rome interpretation, instead I believe the 7 controlling heads of the beast from the sea, which for the purpose of the vision, morph into mountains, represent the set of earthly kingdoms which God's People struggle with from start to finish. The eighth empire is of the seven, being the global sum total of the previous regional dominating infrastructures.

View attachment 12047

Babylon sits upon a scarlet coloured beast = upon the Satanic superstructure that embodies the natural wickedness of mankind with its godless ambitions.

Babylon sits upon seven mountain heads = upon the historical empires of Egypt, Assyria, Babylonia, Medo-Persia, Greece, Political Rome, & Papal Rome.

Babylon appears as a woman who is noble = as stately, dignified, excellent, notable.

Babylon appears as a woman who is rich = as succeeding, prospering, attracting, gaudy.

Babylon appears as a woman who is great = as expansive, important, matriarchal, idolatrous.

Babylon appears as a woman who is drunk = as excessive, indulgent, satiated, intoxicated.

Babylon is named for idolatry = objectionable, detestable, horrible, abominable.

Babylon is carried on the beast who is like a leopard = swift, predatory political agility.

Babylon is carried on the beast who has feet like a bear = sharp, aggressive military might.

Babylon is carried on the beast who has a mouth like a lion = loud, dominating media mastery.

Babylon is carried on the beast who has 10 horns = extreme executive enforcement.

Very good presentation here...is this your research?
Now ask this...which one is considered to be the nation that is powerful and all the other nations are drunk with her wine. And she makes herself rich through the ship merchant trade deals ? That sounds like the U.S. to me but England also.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I believe that the spirit of antichrist exists within governments and establishments....but THE Antichrist will be the one who comes and declares he is the messiah....correct?
The Bible doesn't actually say the Antichrist claims to be the Messiah. It says the Antichrist,
KJV 2 Thessalonians 2:4
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
Coupled with other criteria regarding this entity, no individual living during just a few years before the second coming can in any way fulfill all the requirements of the prophecy. Only a system can fulfill the name itself... Antichrist... Replacing Christ with a counterfeit gospel...a counterfeit priesthood...a counterfeit prophetic timeline...a counterfeit kingdom.
Evangelical futurists clearly see the Papacy having an important role in end time events. But they fail to, or perhaps don't want to consider the idea that in less than 100 years the very Antichrist they are all waiting for in the future has been deceiving them all along. There really are no reasons not to place the title Antichrist, and I mean the Antichrist, next to the Babylonian city of the Vatican and the cult housed therein. Even now, and for several years now, the current Jesuit pope is placing himself as the only candidate with the moral mandate to rule the coming NWO on behalf of the Papacy.

Big companies join Vatican-affiliated council pledging inclusive capitalism

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very good presentation here...is this your research?
Now ask this...which one is considered to be the nation that is powerful and all the other nations are drunk with her wine. And she makes herself rich through the ship merchant trade deals ? That sounds like the U.S. to me but England also.
It's global.
It's the U.N, The W.H.O, The Banks, The Vatican, The Queen, The USA.
There are 3 sides to the pyramid.
Wahington DC, Military
Vatican, Power of persuasion, Religion
London. Banking, Financing, Political.

They lost control of the military in 2016.
That's when the pyramid began to fall.

That's why there is Panic in DC. That's why they need to get Trump out.
Once they regain all 3 sides, the capstone is waiting in the wings...

I find it interesting that Trump is going to use the military to distribute across the nation this vaccine.
I mean, what better way to position against the opposition?

Jun 29 2020 23:19:14 (EST)
Humanity is good, but, when we let our guard down we allow darkness to infiltrate and destroy.
Like past battles fought, we now face our greatest battle at present, a battle to save our Republic, our way of life, and what we decide (each of us) now will decide our future.
Will we be a free nation under God?
Or will we cede our freedom, rights and liberty to the enemy?
We all have a choice to make. .
Evil [darkness] has never been so exposed to light.
They can no longer hide in the shadows.
Our system of government has been infiltrated by corrupt and sinister elements.
Democracy was almost lost forever.
Think HRC install: [2+] Supreme Court Justices, 200+ judges, rogue elements expanded inside DOJ, FBI, CIA, NSA, WH, STATE, …….removal 2nd amendment, border etc. ……… America for sale: China, Russia, Iran, Syria…….ISIS & AL Q expansion…….expansion surv of domestic citizens…….modify/change voter rules and regulations allow illegals+ballot harvesting w/ SC backed liberal-social opinion………sell off of military to highest bidder to fight internal long-standing wars……..
Their thirst for a one world order [destruction of national sovereignty] serves to obtain control over America [and her allies [think EU]] by diluting your vote to oblivion and installing a new one world ruling party.
The start of this concept began with organizations such as: world health org, world trade org, united nations, ICC, NATO, etc., [all meant to weaken the United States] also the formation of EU through threat [con] of close proximity attack [attack on one is an attack on all – sales pitch to gen public – fear control].
Re: EU _did each member nation cede sovereignty to Brussels?
Re: EU _each member must implement EU rules and regulations in all areas [think immigration, currency, overall control].
Their thirst to remove your ability to defend yourself serves to prevent an uprising to challenge their control.
There is a fundamental reason why our enemies dare not attack [invade] our borders [armed citizenry].
If America falls so does the world.
If America falls darkness will soon follow.
Only when we stand together, only when we are united, can we defeat this highly entrenched dark enemy.
Their power and control relies heavily on an uneducated population.
A population that trusts without individual thought.
A population that obeys without challenge.
A population that remains outside of free thought, and instead, remains isolated living in fear inside of the closed-loop echo chamber of the controlled mainstream media.
This is not about politics.
This is about preserving our way of life and protecting the generations that follow.
We are living in Biblical times.
Children of light vs children of darkness.
United against the Invisible Enemy of all humanity.
Q

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi Heart2Soul,

View attachment 12047

Good insight. Mind if I add a little? The leopard beast of Daniel 7 represented Greece right? What was Greece infamous more... Philosophy. So the first beast of Revelation 13 though a composite, is best known for its inheritance if Greece's philosophical concepts.
Also, in scripture women in prophecy portray God's people. Israel in the OT was repeatedly charged with spiritual adultery...a whore or prostitute offered several times as a simile for her behavior, the entire book of Hosea being a metaphor for Israel's constant unfaithfulness and God's gracious faithfulness. And in the NT in Revelation 12 we have a faithful church bringing forth the Messiah but being chased into the wilderness for 1260 years under fierce persecution and even war.
So Babylon in the NT to my mind represents a church. An apostate adulterous Christian Church, riding upon the state beast using the state for support, but all the while holding the reins of power... Until the beast turns against her.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
United against the Invisible Enemy of all humanity.
Not all that invisible. Very visible in fact, hiding in plain sight. Several US presidents warned us all of their wickedness and their purpose. And one of them now sits at the head of the beast. But the beast itself is now the favorite of politicians from both sides of the political divide. Not by accident.
"And all the world wondered after the beast". Revelation 13:3

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

:)

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I have been researching the city that sits on 7 mountains....most refer to Rome as that city.
But what I also found is an article that described horrible acts of punishment to those who were considered heretics...and this may or may not be true but it states that these methods of torture are still used today....I am kind of iffy about that....The Seven Mountains And Seven Heads | AgAir Update

But this article is very eye popping...makes you go hmmmm.and it is up to date with today's events and even includes Trump.
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news...n/news-story/be825c6262f5e764a3c2cbd385442702

I have always believed the antichrist comes from a religious cult. How blind will the people be as it is soon coming upon us.

Jerusalem is also know as the city of 7 hills.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't see that in my search....interesting.
That's not who Revelation 17 is talking about is it?

Some say yes, some say no. I don't know. What I googled is "how many mountains are around Jerusalem." That's because I had heard about it a long time ago, and wanted to see if it was Jerusalem they were talking about - or was it Rome.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just looking at hills:

Deu 11:11 But the land, whither ye go to possess it, is a land of hills and valleys, and drinketh water of the rain of heaven:
Deu 11:12 A land which the LORD thy God careth for: the eyes of the LORD thy God are always upon it, from the beginning of the year even unto the end of the year.

1Ki 20:26 And it came to pass at the return of the year, that Benhadad numbered the Syrians, and went up to Aphek, to fight against Israel.
1Ki 20:27 And the children of Israel were numbered, and were all present, and went against them: and the children of Israel pitched before them like two little flocks of kids; but the Syrians filled the country.
1Ki 20:28 And there came a man of God, and spake unto the king of Israel, and said, Thus saith the LORD, Because the Syrians have said, The LORD is God of the hills, but he is not God of the valleys, therefore will I deliver all this great multitude into thine hand, and ye shall know that I am the LORD.
1Ki 20:29 And they pitched one over against the other seven days. And so it was, that in the seventh day the battle was joined: and the children of Israel slew of the Syrians an hundred thousand footmen in one day.

Psa 18:7 Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations also of the hills moved and were shaken, because he was wroth.

Isa 2:2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD'S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Jer 13:27 I have seen thine adulteries, and thy neighings, the lewdness of thy whoredom, and thine abominations on the hills in the fields. Woe unto thee, O Jerusalem! wilt thou not be made clean? when shall it once be?

Luk 23:29 For, behold, the days are coming, in the which they shall say, Blessed are the barren, and the wombs that never bare, and the paps which never gave suck.
Luk 23:30 Then shall they begin to say to the mountains, Fall on us; and to the hills, Cover us.

just something to ponder
hugs

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi H2Soul,

Is it possible that the City that sits on 7 mountains was pagan Rome?

Mary

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I don't think so as far as religious leader of some sort. religion in what some call mainstream is an evil. when Moa was hot to trot in his day he wiped out all religion. no recognition of a god or gods of any sort. much like what has been taught in western schools for the last 50 or more years. evolution theory is taught and has no recognition of a god, and any religious activity on the grounds is frowned upon even though its public property. the churches are near empty except for elderly in most cases. media makes religion and the religious look stupid or fanatical at every opportunity. because Christianity frowns on their way of life.
the world hates the Lord God, and seek to eliminate any influence when posable.

so the anti-Christ doesn't have to be a religious leader. Nero was a pretty intense anti-Christ. he used to burn Christians for lamp posts, while entertaining guests. much of revelations meats what has already happen in history. the Jews suffered the worst tribulation in their history from the night of broken glass in 1938 until 1945 when the camps were captured by the allies. just so happens to be 7 years.

one has to take into consideration that the bible is written by Jews to Jews unless specified otherwise.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The CEOS of Bank of America, Visa, EY, BP, Johnson & Johnson, Salesforce, and several other Fortune 500 companies are joining forces with Pope Francis to promote a more inclusive form of capitalism in a new organisation called the Council for Inclusive Capitalism With the Vatican.2 days ago

Pope Francis joins with CEOs of Fortune 500 companies to form a new council focused on creating a more equitable ...
www.businessinsider.com.au › business-leaders-join-pope..
Hi Ziggy,

God has certainly blessed His Church with the financial resources to help those in need.

Mary