Revelation of Jesus Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation explains better some prophecies Jesus talked about for the end of this human system of government. Some details are totally new, since Jesus received those revelations from God after returning victorious to heaven and offering before God the value of his sacrifice in favor of those who trust in him. That can be learned by reading the vision of Rev.5 when Jesus takes up the sealed scroll with the events that had not yet been revealed to anyone before. Jesus had that privilege because he was victorious and obedient until death.

Heb. 5:7 In the days of his flesh [Christ] offered up supplications and also petitions to the One who was able to save him out of death, with strong outcries and tears, and he was favorably heard for his godly fear. 8 Although he was a Son, he learned obedience from the things he suffered; 9 and after he had been made perfect he became responsible for everlasting salvation to all those obeying him, 10 because he has been specifically called by God a high priest according to the manner of Melchizedek.

Rev. 5:9 And they sing a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll and open its seals, for you were slaughtered and with your blood you bought people for God out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, 10 and you made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God, and they are to rule as kings over the earth.”

After these revelations from God to Jesus, he passes them on to John and the Christians of his time. Many things still had to take place before the end ... That end will be seen in our generation.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...so why did God have to have written a book called "Revelation"...
Here "revelation" is a verb not a noun. God the Father gave to the Lord Jesus Christ a revelation of things to come, and Christ revealed (verb) that to John through an angel.

"The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John".

For those who have ears to hear, God has given His children a preview of what is expected to come upon the earth until the New Heavens and the New Earth are established. This is a tremendous privilege, but the world knows nothing about it.

For example, the Climate Nazis are trying to "save" this planet by destroying humanity. This is so pathetic and absurd that it is laughable. Yet the whole world has gone after this madness. If these people had simply read Revelation and believed God, they would be on their knees repenting and being converted. God says that He will call for a sword upon the whole earth (Jer 25), and then He will burn up the earth in order to create a New Heavens and a New Earth.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rest of which verse, Robert?

I think I have about 30 verses in the OP, that you responded to, sir.
Sorry Karl, I can see how you might not understand what I was talking about. Your thread title states Revelation of Jesus Christ, that is verse 1 of the Book sir, the verse goes on to say: which God gave him. So what I was trying to say is it is actually God's revelation sir given to us through Jesus, through an angel, and then through the Apostle John. An amazing book for sure, one likely could spend a lifetime and still not fully comprehend all it's contents.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I asked a simple question. You cannot answer it with a question. If you are unable to answer the simple question of who gave Jesus the Revelation, just say so. (Scripture please)
I obviously didn't answer it with a question, I answered it with a post!!

Should you not have read the post??

And you didn't just ask a question, but posted other things too.

Also why didn't you answer either of my questions?

So let me just remind you what I put up, so maybe you can actually read it this time?

Have you not read that all things come down from the Father? Or that the Father gave Him all things?
And did you not read that John was taken up in the Spirit?

You asked "Who gave the Revelation to Jesus? The Father did!

And it was the Holy Spirit which took John up into heaven to see the Kingdom of God, which revealed who Jesus Christ is - The Word of God who is the King of kings - and more.

Jn 16: 2,3 They will make you outcasts from the synagogue, but an hour is coming for everyone who kills you to think that he is offering service to God. “These things they will do because they have not known the Father or Me.

Jn 16: 13-15 “But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. “He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you. “All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you

So why do you ask the question? Who told you to?

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry Karl, I can see how you might not understand what I was talking about. Your thread title states Revelation of Jesus Christ, that is verse 1 of the Book sir, the verse goes on to say: which God gave him. So what I was trying to say is it is actually God's revelation sir given to us through Jesus, through an angel, and then through the Apostle John. An amazing book for sure, one likely could spend a lifetime and still not fully comprehend all it's contents.

No that is not "verse 1 of the book" it is the title of the thread!!!!

Verse 1 of the book is in the book - the Title of the thread is above the OP

The thread was not about the book called Revelation - it is about who Jesus Christ is!!!

That is why I references about 30 verses from all over the Bible!! I just started with the book of Revelation and worked backwards through the Bible.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here "revelation" is a verb not a noun. God the Father gave to the Lord Jesus Christ a revelation of things to come, and Christ revealed (verb) that to John through an angel.

"The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John".

For those who have ears to hear, God has given His children a preview of what is expected to come upon the earth until the New Heavens and the New Earth are established. This is a tremendous privilege, but the world knows nothing about it.

For example, the Climate Nazis are trying to "save" this planet by destroying humanity. This is so pathetic and absurd that it is laughable. Yet the whole world has gone after this madness. If these people had simply read Revelation and believed God, they would be on their knees repenting and being converted. God says that He will call for a sword upon the whole earth (Jer 25), and then He will burn up the earth in order to create a New Heavens and a New Earth.

Revelation can be either a verb or a noun depending on it's usage. You might want to go to the internet and put in 'revelation' and noun.

You will find something like"

revelation​

noun

/ˌrevəˈleɪʃn/

/ˌrevəˈleɪʃn/
Idioms

1. [countable] a fact that people are made aware of, especially one that has been secret and is surprisingSYNONYM disclosure
    • revelation about/concerning something startling/sensational revelations about her private life
    • revelation that… He was dismissed after revelations that confidential files were missing

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because the previous books are "line upon line, here a little there a little", so there was and is a need for clarification that it was and is actually about everything--including "the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will take place after this." Everything from the beginning to the end of times.

Finally, at least someone who makes some sense!

Certainly, the book Revelation, in the Bible is meant to be a bit of a summary, in that the whole Bible is really about getting people to seek Jesus Christ, so a summary called "Revelation" might be at the end of the Bible.

Still, if we are so intent and concerned with studying the Bible, should we not have figured out that revealing of Jesus Christ before the last book in the Bible??

Indeed, the point I am making is that perhaps we should not have even needed the Bible to figure out that the One we call Jesus Christ was and is the Word of God who speaks to us!!!!

What Bible did Noah have, and he figured out that the Word of God was there to be heard from! Noah got the instructions to build the ark, that huge boat, from The Word of God and did not even have a Bible!

Abram heard from "the word of the Lord" which he also saw in a vision, and Abram believe that He was the One talking to Him was the Lord! That of course why we read that he was hearing form "the word of the Lord".

Gen 15:4 Then behold, the word of the LORD came to him, saying, “This man will not be your heir; but one who will come forth from your own body, he shall be your heir.”

Gen 15:6 Then he believed in the LORD; and He reckoned it to him as righteousness.

There was no Bible, so no Scriptures, no book of Revelation, Yet Abram heard from the word of the Lord, who spoke to him, and that alone was counted to Abram as righteousness.

So why is it that we seem go through the entire Bible, and even a summary called "Revelation", and still don't understand that the One we call Jesus Christ is there to be heard from??? That is to say that soooooooooo many people posting even on this Christian forum, who have gone through the Bible, including the summary book called Revelation, and it is still not revealed to them that Jesus Christ is named "The Word of God" meaning that He has always been there talking to men!!

So the one thing that you might want to look into more is the "line on line" comment you made. The context where that comes from is rather interesting. Isaiah was giving that prophesy to explain what happens when people don't listen to Him whose name is called the Word of God. If they don't listen to Him, then the line on line of text which would include the whole bible including the summary book called "Revelation" then becomes 'the word' to them instead of Jesus Christ who speaks to us personally.

That is the point. The Whole Bible, and even the summary book, (as you understood it correctly to be) is all about getting people to believe in Him who talks to us with the words of God, but His people still don't listen! Too many still don't have a revelation of Jesus Christ! So, they make it about the line on line of text instead of thinking that all those lines are pointing to Him who is always there with the words of God to actually speak to us personally!

So, they are not like Noah and Abraham, who not even having the text still had the understanding to know the Christ as the word of the Lord!

Jesus Christ had been revealed to them, but somehow He is not revealed to His people and they have the whole Bible including the summary book called Revelation!

Is that not "IRONIC"?

Gal 3: 22,23 But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed.

We have all the information of the Bible, which those who wrote the Bible did not have, with the possible exception of John, and we still don't have the revelation which only comes through faith! And that in Jesus Christ whose name is called "The Word of God", because He has always been there to be heard from!!

So they make it about the line on line of the text instead of believing in Him so they might hear from Him who has the words of God for them personally!

Reactions: ScottA

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Finally, at least someone who makes some sense!

Certainly, the book Revelation, in the Bible is meant to be a bit of a summary, in that the whole Bible is really about getting people to seek Jesus Christ, so a summary called "Revelation" might be at the end of the Bible.

Still, if we are so intent and concerned with studying the Bible, should we not have figured out that revealing of Jesus Christ before the last book in the Bible??

Indeed, the point I am making is that perhaps we should not have even needed the Bible to figure out that the One we call Jesus Christ was and is the Word of God who speaks to us!!!!

What Bible did Noah have, and he figured out that the Word of God was there to be heard from! Noah got the instructions to build the ark, that huge boat, from The Word of God and did not even have a Bible!

Abram heard from "the word of the Lord" which he also saw in a vision, and Abram believe that He was the One talking to Him was the Lord! That of course why we read that he was hearing form "the word of the Lord".

Gen 15:4 Then behold, the word of the LORD came to him, saying, “This man will not be your heir; but one who will come forth from your own body, he shall be your heir.”

Gen 15:6 Then he believed in the LORD; and He reckoned it to him as righteousness.

There was no Bible, so no Scriptures, no book of Revelation, Yet Abram heard from the word of the Lord, who spoke to him, and that alone was counted to Abram as righteousness.

So why is it that we seem go through the entire Bible, and even a summary called "Revelation", and still don't understand that the One we call Jesus Christ is there to be heard from??? That is to say that soooooooooo many people posting even on this Christian forum, who have gone through the Bible, including the summary book called Revelation, and it is still not revealed to them that Jesus Christ is named "The Word of God" meaning that He has always been there talking to men!!

So the one thing that you might want to look into more is the "line on line" comment you made. The context where that comes from is rather interesting. Isaiah was giving that prophesy to explain what happens when people don't listen to Him whose name is called the Word of God. If they don't listen to Him, then the line on line of text which would include the whole bible including the summary book called "Revelation" then becomes 'the word' to them instead of Jesus Christ who speaks to us personally.

That is the point. The Whole Bible, and even the summary book, (as you understood it correctly to be) is all about getting people to believe in Him who talks to us with the words of God, but His people still don't listen! Too many still don't have a revelation of Jesus Christ! So, they make it about the line on line of text instead of thinking that all those lines are pointing to Him who is always there with the words of God to actually speak to us personally!

So, they are not like Noah and Abraham, who not even having the text still had the understanding to know the Christ as the word of the Lord!

Jesus Christ had been revealed to them, but somehow He is not revealed to His people and they have the whole Bible including the summary book called Revelation!

Is that not "IRONIC"?

Gal 3: 22,23 But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed.

We have all the information of the Bible, which those who wrote the Bible did not have, with the possible exception of John, and we still don't have the revelation which only comes through faith! And that in Jesus Christ whose name is called "The Word of God", because He has always been there to be heard from!!

So they make it about the line on line of the text instead of believing in Him so they might hear from Him who has the words of God for them personally!
Ironic indeed!

We do know however that there is purpose even as it is, that those who did not have as much in writing to go by were visited and inspired to be a light upon a hill unto the gentiles. Therefore it is somewhat balanced that we should "overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the word of their testimony."

Reactions: Karl Peters

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I obviously didn't answer it with a question, I answered it with a post!!
In this post, you claimed the Father gave Jesus the Revelation. Yet, you provided no Scripture to support that claim. See what I mean about you not answering my simple question (as I asked for a verse)?

BTW, my simple question does not require paragraphs of airing grievances - or whatever you call your long rants.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Revelation can be either a verb or a noun depending on it's usage. You might want to go to the internet and put in 'revelation' and noun.
I did not deny that revelation can also be a noun. But in response to your question, the Revelation of Jesus Christ was used as a verb. He did the revealing after the Father did the revealing. And there is no doubt that the Holy Spirit was also fully involved in this activity (Rev 22:17). But the Spirit does not draw attention to Himself, but rather bring attention to the Lord Jesus Christ.

Reactions: Karl Peters

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ironic indeed!

We do know however that there is purpose even as it is, that those who did not have as much in writing to go by were visited and inspired to be a light upon a hill unto the gentiles. Therefore it is somewhat balanced that we should "overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the word of their testimony."
Yes - so true. He has a purpose in all His plan. :)

Reactions: ScottA

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did not deny that revelation can also be a noun. But in response to your question, the Revelation of Jesus Christ was used as a verb. He did the revealing after the Father did the revealing. And there is no doubt that the Holy Spirit was also fully involved in this activity (Rev 22:17). But the Spirit does not draw attention to Himself, but rather bring attention to the Lord Jesus Christ.

Really - a verb?

Below is from an internet site:

Definition of revelation​

noun
the act of revealing or disclosing; disclosure.
something revealed or disclosed, especially a striking disclosure, as of something not before realized.
Theology.
  1. God's disclosure of Himself and His will to His creatures.
  2. an instance of such communication or disclosure.
  3. something thus communicated or disclosed.
  4. something that contains such disclosure, as the Bible.
(initial capital letter)Also called The Revelation of St. John the Divine. the last book in the New Testament; the Apocalypse. Abbreviation: Rev.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In this post, you claimed the Father gave Jesus the Revelation. Yet, you provided no Scripture to support that claim. See what I mean about you not answering my simple question (as I asked for a verse)?

BTW, my simple question does not require paragraphs of airing grievances - or whatever you call your long rants.

Didn't I prove Scriptures? Are you correct in writing that?

For the third time now!!! - let me give you that post!!! Why don't read it just once!! It is not long paragraphs of airing grievances as you falsely claim!! And if you decide to read it this time you will see that it has two Scriptures which answer your question!! So you sound just wacky! Saying it is long and doesn't have Scriptures!

Again for the THIRD TIME is the response I gave you- maybe you should read it!!

Have you not read that all things come down from the Father? Or that the Father gave Him all things?
And did you not read that John was taken up in the Spirit?

You asked "Who gave the Revelation to Jesus? The Father did!

And it was the Holy Spirit which took John up into heaven to see the Kingdom of God, which revealed who Jesus Christ is - The Word of God who is the King of kings - and more.

Jn 16: 2,3 They will make you outcasts from the synagogue, but an hour is coming for everyone who kills you to think that he is offering service to God. “These things they will do because they have not known the Father or Me.

Jn 16: 13-15 “But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. “He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you. “All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you

So why do you ask the question? Who told you to?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Didn't I prove Scriptures?
No. Obviously not.

I have no idea why you think those verses support your claim that the Father gave Jesus the Revelation. HINT: If you cannot cite a single verse, you are missing the mark. Your repeated reference to numerous verses shows you are relying on some kind of artificial dichotomy.

Here is the verse that tells you gave Jesus the Revelation - and it is NOT the Father. Rev 1:1 The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him. Who gave Jesus the Revelation? God. This is an explicit teaching in Rev 1:1. God in his wholeness gave Jesus the Revelation per Rev 1:1, correct?

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hummm???

Ok, I am missing your talking point then. You wrote:

And that is important because?
Hello,
I was just adding to the conversation. It is the book of the Apocalypse of Jesus Christ. Apocalypse is Greek for Revelation. Jesus Christ is my Savior and leads me into knowledge. I've studied this book and find more and more each time. So have scholars for the last 2000 years.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No that is not "verse 1 of the book" it is the title of the thread!!!!

Verse 1 of the book is in the book - the Title of the thread is above the OP

The thread was not about the book called Revelation - it is about who Jesus Christ is!!!

That is why I references about 30 verses from all over the Bible!! I just started with the book of Revelation and worked backwards through the Bible.
I see, well out of shear luck I guess your title was in the very first verse of the book. The Book of revelation is not about who Jesus is, although it does contain much information that we can learn more about him, rather it is was given to us Christians to show the things that must shortly take place. Still in verse 1 of the book. I will just go ahead and post the verse Karl: (Revelation 1:1) . . .A revelation by Jesus Christ, which God gave him, to show his slaves the things that must shortly take place. And he sent his angel and presented it in signs through him to his slave John,

A lot is said in that first verse sir.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no idea why you think those verses support your claim that the Father gave Jesus the Revelation
Really - Well let me just point out the obvious!!

The verses are:

Then the Revelation John got from being in the Spirit was taken from the Son!

as read in this part of the verses above - “He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you.

And we read so it was given by the Father to the Son as we read in this part of the verses above ; “All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you

It is right there to be read. It is exactly like is written!!!

So it is you didn't read it or just that you are Wrangler?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Here is the verse that tells you gave Jesus the Revelation - and it is NOT the Father. Rev 1:1 The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him. Who gave Jesus the Revelation? God. This is an explicit teaching in Rev 1:1. God in his wholeness gave Jesus the Revelation per Rev 1:1, correct?
In the New Testament, "God" generally stands for "God the Father". So God the Father gave the Revelation to God the Son (and no doubt God the Holy Spirit was also involved). Then God the Son gave it to his angel. And then the angel gave it to John. Of course, since you reject the deity of Christ and the Trinity this will make absolutely no sense to you.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see, well out of shear luck I guess your title was in the very first verse of the book. The Book of revelation is not about who Jesus is, although it does contain much information that we can learn more about him, rather it is was given to us Christians to show the things that must shortly take place. Still in verse 1 of the book. I will just go ahead and post the verse Karl: (Revelation 1:1) . . .A revelation by Jesus Christ, which God gave him, to show his slaves the things that must shortly take place. And he sent his angel and presented it in signs through him to his slave John,

A lot is said in that first verse sir.

I do understand that thinking, which is why I lead off with:

the pastor at my church likes to say, it is a revelation of Jesus Christ

To help clarify where I was going in the OP.

The purpose of the OP was not to discuss the book "Revelation" but to point out how the entire Bible reveals who Jesus Christ is, and especially how Jesus has always been around talking to us, but we people often doing want to listen to Him.

If we do listen to Him; He is that small voice that we pick up in our spirit!

His sheep hear His voice, and that is Him who we hear! And it has always been that way. Yet that still often seems to be a revelation to many around the church. It shouldn't be, because the whole Bible covers it, and especially the book called Revelation. That is to say He is the One on the throne - the King of kings - the Lord of lords, The Lamb, the Beginning and the End. The One who leads the army of God out. The One who is giving the instructions in heaven. The One who is in control of both the beginning and the end times.

If we realize all that, then we don't really need to worry about whether it will all work out for us, because it will simply because we then realize that He is in control of it all!!

I mean: after reading it how well do you really understand what is going to take place? Obvioulsy, not that well, because we find soooo many different interpretations from people who did study that book, and I don't think Jesus is simply incapable of explain to us what will happen as to not leave us with a good understanding if He wanted to. So then, I don't believe the purpose was really like you think, but more like the pastor at my church (and apparently many others he knows think) which is the real purpose being the book Revelation was to reveal who Jesus Christ is so that we seek Him personally for what we truly need to know. And what we truly need to know is that He is in control and that we can hear from Him.

To me, that is the revelation in Revelation - and I think that was the point behind the pastor of my churches message. And indeed that is the whole message of the Bible.