Revelation of Jesus Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The last book in the Bible is Revelation, which like the pastor at my church likes to say, it is a revelation of Jesus Christ. Yet while true, it is silly to say because the whole Bible is a revelation of Jesus Christ, so why did God have to have written a book called "Revelation" to reveal what all the books in front of use were trying to reveal?

The answer seems to be that we are just not very sharp when it comes to realizing who Jesus Christ is, even when we have been reading a lot about Him!

Indeed, I am not sure anyone will really get a good idea of who Jesus Christ truly is unless they spend a lot of time talking with Him, and one of the things we find out in Revelation is that all seven churches written to had to be told to let those who have an ear to hear hears what the Spirit has to say!

So not only that we are not good at knowing who He is from reading the entire Bible, and that we don't really spend the time listening to Him like we should, but also that we keep other people who can hear from Him from hearing from Him!!!

So I do think it is worth going over who Jesus Christ is, using the Bible and getting people to listen to Him, which is what Revelation is about.

Rev 19:13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

I like to start there because He is called the Word of God because He own the words of God and His sheep hear His voice, meaning those words of God that He has for us. And the good news is that anyone can be one of His sheep.

Rev 3:20 ‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

So we preach the Word (Him) by simply explaining that anyone can get to know Him by seeking His voice and opening up to hearing what He has to say to them.

2 Tim 4:2 preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction.

So. we tell people to listen to the words that He has for them, in season and out, being ready to reprove, rebuke, exhort, and with great patience and instruction!!

Now it does take a little faith that He is there for them to hear from, because His words are spirit and thus come through the Holy Spirt to their spirit and thus not through their physical ears nor their physical eyes to as to be ink on pages that in there house somewhere. The Word of God we preach are spiritual words so they are always near them and are found in heart hearts, or perhaps coming out their mouth, because what is in our hearts tend to come out our mouths.

Romans 10:8 But what does it say? “THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching,

Jn 6:63 “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

So He, is someone we can and need to listen to, and that by His Holy Spirit bring His words to our spirit. And it has been that way from the beginning!!

Jn 1:1-4 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men.

So, He from and since the beginning was the Word of God who spoke and all things, including us, came into being, and so from our creation men who believed in Him could hear from Him, whose name is called the Word of God because He speaks. So we should listen to Him, right?

Mat 17:5 ... a bright cloud overshadowed them, and behold, a voice out of the cloud said, “This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him!”

Yeah - we need to listen to Him!!!

Malachi 1:1 The oracle of the word of the LORD to Israel through Malachi.

So in the Old Testament we find that the prophets also called Him "the word of the Lord". Jesus Christ was that oracle, who is called by Malachi, "the word of the Lord, which was coming to Israel through Malachi. And He talked about the importance of listening to Him and honoring His name which as both John and Malachi explained, was "The Word of God" or "the word of the Lord"- which is the same thing, right?

Mal 2:1,2 “And now this commandment is for you, O priests. “If you do not listen, and if you do not take it to heart to give honor to My name,” says the LORD of hosts, “then I will send the curse upon you and I will curse your blessings; and indeed, I have cursed them already, because you are not taking it to heart.

In fact the Lord through Malichi not only was saying to listen to Him, but also that if you didn't listen to Him and honor His name, "The Word of God or the word of the Lord" (which means we need to listen to Him) then He was going to "send the curse upon you" and indeed He already has because we don't listen to Him like we should. Indeed, what happened when Adam and Eve decided not to listen to Him? It affected all of us!

And we see this same problem of people not listening to Him and Him as the word of the Lord showing up and telling them through the prophets all over the Old Testament.

Jer 1:13, Jer 13:3, Jer 16:1, Eze 24:1, Eze 28:1, Eze 30:1, Eze 37:15, Zec 6:9, Zec 7:4, Zec 8:18 "the word of the LORD came to me, saying,"

and He just kept showing up as "the word of the Lord", and speaking to people back then:

Isa 66:5, Isa 39:8, Isa 39:5 Isa 38:4, Isa 28:14, Isa 1:10 Hear the word of the Lord

He was upright - Psa 33:4 For the word of the Lord is upright, and all His work is done in faithfulness.

He is blameless and Heis tried Ps 18:30 As for God, His way is blameless; and The word of the Lord it tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.

And we not only know that He was the King of kings from Rev 19, but also in reading 2Ch 18:18 Micaiah said, "Therefore, hear the word of the Lord. I saw the Lord sitting on His throne, and all the host of heaven standing on His right and on His left" - which is pretty much exactly what John wrote about in Revelation. So John's revelation was really not a new revelation at all, but rather given because they did't understand that Jesus the Christ was the Word of God, always!

and it keeps going back through 2 Kings 15:12 This is the word of the LORD which He spoke to Jehu, saying, “Your sons to the fourth generation shall sit on the throne of Israel.” And so it was.

Jesus Christ was always the One which was speaking to those and giving words to those who wrote the Bible. So His name was 'the word of the Lord or Word of God, but that was a Revelation to those John wrote to, though it should not have been. And it seems to be a revelation to many today too! They don't realize the Lord speaks, and that His name is called "The Word of God", because He speaks the words of God to men and we are supposed to listen to Him.

That is what Abram did, and that hearing Him and believing that he was hearing from the Lord was what was counted to Abram as righteousness! And Abram's name was changed to Abraham, because he was going to be the father of many children. Still it is not about the flesh, but about the spirit who listens to The Word of God by faith who are the true children of Abraham.

Gen 15:1 After these things the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision, saying, “Do not fear, Abram,
I am a shield to you; Your reward shall be very great.”

The One we call Jesus Christ, and who is the King of kings, came and talked to Abram. Abram heard and believe in Him and we need to also! We need to know the word of the Lord who comes and speaks to us today!

Gen 15:6 Then he believed in the LORD; and He reckoned it to him as righteousness.

This should not be a revelation to you!! But if it is it means that you need to be the anyone who seeks the voice of the Lord and starts listening to Him. Take advantage of the Good News. Get to personally know Jesus Christ by His name, which is called "The Word of God"!!

Reactions: arviddag

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In a prayer of Jesus to God, he said:

John 17:17 Sanctify them by means of the truth; your word is truth. 18 Just as you sent me into the world, I also sent them into the world. 19 And I am sanctifying myself in their behalf, so that they also may be sanctified by means of truth.

Revelation starts this way:

Rev. 1:1 A revelation by Jesus Christ, which God gave him, to show his slaves the things that must shortly take place. And he sent his angel and presented it in signs through him to his slave John, 2 who bore witness to the word God gave and to the witness Jesus Christ gave, yes, to all the things he saw.

Actually, in Rev.5 we can see Jesus obtaining a revelation from God's hand, something no one before, not even Jesus, had:

Rev. 5:1 And I saw in the right hand of the One seated on the throne a scroll written on both sides, sealed tight with seven seals. 2 And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice: “Who is worthy to open the scroll and break its seals?” 3 But no one in heaven or on earth or underneath the earth was able to open the scroll or to look into it. 4 I gave way to a great deal of weeping because no one was found worthy to open the scroll or to look into it. 5 But one of the elders said to me: “Stop weeping. Look! The Lion of the tribe of Judah, the root of David, has conquered so as to open the scroll and its seven seals.
6 And I saw standing in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures and in the midst of the elders a lamb that seemed to have been slaughtered, having seven horns and seven eyes, and the eyes mean the seven spirits of God that have been sent out into the whole earth. 7 At once he came forward and took it out of the right hand of the One seated on the throne. 8 When he took the scroll, the four living creatures and the 24 elders fell down before the Lamb, and each one had a harp and golden bowls that were full of incense. (The incense means the prayers of the holy ones.) 9 And they sing a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll and open its seals, for you were slaughtered and with your blood you bought people for God out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, 10 and you made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God, and they are to rule as kings over the earth.”

Can you visualize and understand the meaning of that event that Jesus caused John to see in that vision? What was Jesus saying to John…and to us?

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The last book in the Bible is Revelation, which like the pastor at my church likes to say, it is a revelation of Jesus Christ. Yet while true, it is silly to say because the whole Bible is a revelation of Jesus Christ
Not quite. Who gave Jesus the Revelation?

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

John 17:17 Sanctify them by means of the truth; your word is truth. 18 Just as you sent me into the world, I also sent them into the world. 19 And I am sanctifying myself in their behalf, so that they also may be sanctified by means of truth.

Rev. 1:1 A revelation by Jesus Christ, which God gave him, to show his slaves the things that must shortly take place. And he sent his angel and presented it in signs through him to his slave John, 2 who bore witness to the word God gave and to the witness Jesus Christ gave, yes, to all the things he saw.

Actually, in Rev.5 we can see Jesus obtaining a revelation from God's hand, something no one before, not even Jesus, had:

Rev. 5:1 And I saw in the right hand of the One seated on the throne a scroll written on both sides, sealed tight with seven seals. 2 And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice: “Who is worthy to open the scroll and break its seals?” 3 But no one in heaven or on earth or underneath the earth was able to open the scroll or to look into it. 4 I gave way to a great deal of weeping because no one was found worthy to open the scroll or to look into it. 5 But one of the elders said to me: “Stop weeping. Look! The Lion of the tribe of Judah, the root of David, has conquered so as to open the scroll and its seven seals.
6 And I saw standing in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures and in the midst of the elders a lamb that seemed to have been slaughtered, having seven horns and seven eyes, and the eyes mean the seven spirits of God that have been sent out into the whole earth. 7 At once he came forward and took it out of the right hand of the One seated on the throne. 8 When he took the scroll, the four living creatures and the 24 elders fell down before the Lamb, and each one had a harp and golden bowls that were full of incense. (The incense means the prayers of the holy ones.) 9 And they sing a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll and open its seals, for you were slaughtered and with your blood you bought people for God out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, 10 and you made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God, and they are to rule as kings over the earth.”

Can you visualize and understand the meaning of that event that Jesus caused John to see in that vision? What was Jesus saying to John…and to us?

Visualize it?

I am not sure that you and I are thinking the same thing concerning "visualize it".

Paul explained once that he knew a man whether in the body or spirit, he didn't know, but that man had been taken up to heaven. I don't think Paul was referring to John, but it is written that if we abide in His word we can ask for anything we want and it will be given to us. So it is that I know a man, like Paul did, who was taken up into heaven, whether in body or just in spirit and saw.

We are supposed to have spiritual eyes to see and hears to hear, and if someone cares to believe, God made the heavens and then the earth, so if five physical senses then five spiritual senses!! And in case you still don't understand, that is what I am referring to in the OP.

Therefore, I am not trying to see or even advice people to try and "Visualize" what John saw but to hear and see for themselves with their spiritual senses!!

I am not positive, but I think you did not understand what I am writing about.

And we not only know that He was the King of kings from Rev 19, but also in reading 2Ch 18:18 Micaiah said, "Therefore, hear the word of the Lord. I saw the Lord sitting on His throne, and all the host of heaven standing on His right and on His left" - which is pretty much exactly what John wrote about in Revelation. So John's revelation was really not a new revelation at all, but rather given because they did't understand that Jesus the Christ was the Word of God, always!

Do you not notice by what I wrote that Micaiah and John both did the hearing and seeing for themselves??

So John did not try to visualize what Micaiah saw, did he? Did John not know the Lord himself and saw for his own what was going on when he was taken up into heaven. And you don't think that Micaiah saw exactly what John did, but was also heard the word of the Lord and also saw the Lord sitting on His throne. And so it was with that person of whom I know. He saw the Lord on His throne. He saw angels line up even like the army of God. Though I know he did not see as much and John, because his testimony is not that long, but he did see for himself what his Lord, whose name is called The Word of God, showed him.

So, I am not asking anyone to "visualize" anything in that sense, but rather to hear with their spiritual ears and see with their spiritual eyes, and enter into a personally relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ, who is the King of kings and Lord or lords, and who sits on the throne of God!

"Forget the "visualizing" and start the knowing Jesus Christ personally", is what I am suggesting! And when you know Him you will know Him and the Word of God who comes and speaks with you personally! Just like He did with all those people who actually knew Him that we read about in the Bible. Of course, we also read about some, who with their eyes they don't see and with their ears they barely hear - and I am not promoting that. And I don't think John, by his writing Revelations, was trying to promote that either!

I believe John wrote down what he saw and heard so that other might also seek a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. So that is what I come up with by reading the book of Revelation! Indeed, that person I spoke of ask His Lord for a visit to a place and it was accomplish per the request, and not from "visualizing".

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not quite. Who gave Jesus the Revelation?
Ok - I am not following your meaning.

Jesus gave the revelation and that by His Holy Spirit He is the King so the One giving the command even the command for the revelation and the words which were given to John, and not just John, but as proven, to all those who wrote Scriptures. So what is your point? And why did you write "not quite"???

Did you miss the fact in the Bible that Jesus Christ has always been the King and the Word of God? It seems like it, but maybe I just don't understand what you were getting at?

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Visualize it?

I am not sure that you and I are thinking the same thing concerning "visualize it". (...)

We are supposed to have spiritual eyes to see and hears to hear (...)

Therefore, I am not trying to see or even advice people to try and "Visualize" what John saw (...)

So, I am not asking anyone to "visualize" anything in that sense (...)

"Forget the "visualizing" (...) and not from "visualizing".
Hehehe. If you do not visualize what the Bible says... I doubt so much you can "see" anything. You would only be imagining things, believing that you have personal revelations that will enable you to interpret what you have never really "seen or heard".

Have a good day.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok - I am not following your meaning.
It is a simple question. Who gave the Revelation to Jesus?

John wrote Revelation. He says Jesus was given the Revelation, he (John) is writing to us about.

John also tells us who gave Jesus the Revelation. My question is who is it that gave Jesus the Revelation. Simple question.

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This topic was started under a false premise: that since Jesus is the Word of God, he is the author of the Bible ... that is FALSE.
I won't say AMEN to any sermon based on a wrong premise ... this is not a church either.

Reactions: Wrangler

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The last book in the Bible is Revelation, which like the pastor at my church likes to say, it is a revelation of Jesus Christ. Yet while true, it is silly to say because the whole Bible is a revelation of Jesus Christ, so why did God have to have written a book called "Revelation" to reveal what all the books in front of use were trying to reveal?

The answer seems to be that we are just not very sharp when it comes to realizing who Jesus Christ is, even when we have been reading a lot about Him!

Indeed, I am not sure anyone will really get a good idea of who Jesus Christ truly is unless they spend a lot of time talking with Him, and one of the things we find out in Revelation is that all seven churches written to had to be told to let those who have an ear to hear hears what the Spirit has to say!

So not only that we are not good at knowing who He is from reading the entire Bible, and that we don't really spend the time listening to Him like we should, but also that we keep other people who can hear from Him from hearing from Him!!!

So I do think it is worth going over who Jesus Christ is, using the Bible and getting people to listen to Him, which is what Revelation is about.

Rev 19:13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

I like to start there because He is called the Word of God because He own the words of God and His sheep hear His voice, meaning those words of God that He has for us. And the good news is that anyone can be one of His sheep.

Rev 3:20 ‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

So we preach the Word (Him) by simply explaining that anyone can get to know Him by seeking His voice and opening up to hearing what He has to say to them.

2 Tim 4:2 preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction.

So. we tell people to listen to the words that He has for them, in season and out, being ready to reprove, rebuke, exhort, and with great patience and instruction!!

Now it does take a little faith that He is there for them to hear from, because His words are spirit and thus come through the Holy Spirt to their spirit and thus not through their physical ears nor their physical eyes to as to be ink on pages that in there house somewhere. The Word of God we preach are spiritual words so they are always near them and are found in heart hearts, or perhaps coming out their mouth, because what is in our hearts tend to come out our mouths.

Romans 10:8 But what does it say? “THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching,

Jn 6:63 “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

So He, is someone we can and need to listen to, and that by His Holy Spirit bring His words to our spirit. And it has been that way from the beginning!!

Jn 1:1-4 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men.

So, He from and since the beginning was the Word of God who spoke and all things, including us, came into being, and so from our creation men who believed in Him could hear from Him, whose name is called the Word of God because He speaks. So we should listen to Him, right?

Mat 17:5 ... a bright cloud overshadowed them, and behold, a voice out of the cloud said, “This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him!”

Yeah - we need to listen to Him!!!

Malachi 1:1 The oracle of the word of the LORD to Israel through Malachi.

So in the Old Testament we find that the prophets also called Him "the word of the Lord". Jesus Christ was that oracle, who is called by Malachi, "the word of the Lord, which was coming to Israel through Malachi. And He talked about the importance of listening to Him and honoring His name which as both John and Malachi explained, was "The Word of God" or "the word of the Lord"- which is the same thing, right?

Mal 2:1,2 “And now this commandment is for you, O priests. “If you do not listen, and if you do not take it to heart to give honor to My name,” says the LORD of hosts, “then I will send the curse upon you and I will curse your blessings; and indeed, I have cursed them already, because you are not taking it to heart.

In fact the Lord through Malichi not only was saying to listen to Him, but also that if you didn't listen to Him and honor His name, "The Word of God or the word of the Lord" (which means we need to listen to Him) then He was going to "send the curse upon you" and indeed He already has because we don't listen to Him like we should. Indeed, what happened when Adam and Eve decided not to listen to Him? It affected all of us!

And we see this same problem of people not listening to Him and Him as the word of the Lord showing up and telling them through the prophets all over the Old Testament.

Jer 1:13, Jer 13:3, Jer 16:1, Eze 24:1, Eze 28:1, Eze 30:1, Eze 37:15, Zec 6:9, Zec 7:4, Zec 8:18 "the word of the LORD came to me, saying,"

and He just kept showing up as "the word of the Lord", and speaking to people back then:

Isa 66:5, Isa 39:8, Isa 39:5 Isa 38:4, Isa 28:14, Isa 1:10 Hear the word of the Lord

He was upright - Psa 33:4 For the word of the Lord is upright, and all His work is done in faithfulness.

He is blameless and Heis tried Ps 18:30 As for God, His way is blameless; and The word of the Lord it tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.

and it keeps going back through 2 Kings 15:12 This is the word of the LORD which He spoke to Jehu, saying, “Your sons to the fourth generation shall sit on the throne of Israel.” And so it was.

Jesus Christ was always the One which was speaking to those and giving words to those who wrote the Bible. So His name was 'the word of the Lord or Word of God, but that was a Revelation to those John wrote to, though it should not have been. And it seems to be a revelation to many today too! They don't realize the Lord speaks, and that His name is called "The Word of God", because He speaks the words of God to men and we are supposed to listen to Him.

That is what Abram did, and that hearing Him and believing that he was hearing from the Lord was what was counted to Abram as righteousness! And Abram's name was changed to Abraham, because he was going to be the father of many children. Still it is not about the flesh, but about the spirit who listens to The Word of God by faith who are the true children of Abraham.

Gen 15:1 After these things the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision, saying, “Do not fear, Abram,
I am a shield to you; Your reward shall be very great.”

The One we call Jesus Christ, and who is the King of kings, came and talked to Abram. Abram heard and believe in Him and we need to also! We need to know the word of the Lord who comes and speaks to us today!

Gen 15:6 Then he believed in the LORD; and He reckoned it to him as righteousness.

This should not be a revelation to you!! But if it is it means that you need to be the anyone who seeks the voice of the Lord and starts listening to Him. Take advantage of the Good News. Get to personally know Jesus Christ by His name, which is called "The Word of God"!!
Don't forget the rest of the verse sir: which God gave him.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hehehe. If you do not visualize what the Bible says... I doubt so much you can "see" anything. You would only be imagining things, believing that you have personal revelations that will enable you to interpret what you have never really "seen or heard".

Have a good day.
Who of those writing the Bible visualized the what the Bible says?

None of them did that but they saw with their spiritual eyes of the Kingdom of God and wrote what they personally saw.

And that personal revelation is what you are doubting - so it is that you will not have a personal relationship with God because that is how you believe.

Like many, you are hoping to get into the Kingdom of God by your visualizing it instead of though Jesus Christ, and that because you don't believe in Him! If you had believed in Him you would seek Him. He then would give you ears to hear and eyes to see and those to be able to personally see and know about Him and His Kingdom. But as it is you are trying to "visualize" the Bible instead of trying to get know Him personally.

Jn 5:39,40 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This topic was started under a false premise: that since Jesus is the Word of God, he is the author of the Bible ... that is FALSE.
I won't say AMEN to any sermon based on a wrong premise ... this is not a church either.
No, that is not correct.

People wrote the Bible, but as the Word of God He advised them as to what to say, and even commanded them to write. That is not a false assumption but is what we find out from reading the Bible, and is made clear by listening to Him.

Jer 3.6:2 “Take a scroll and write on it all the words which I have spoken to you concerning Israel and concerning Judah, and concerning all the nations, from the day I first spoke to you, from the days of Josiah, even to this day.

And so they wrote, and that about Him!

Ps 40:7 Then I said, “Behold, I come; In the scroll of the book it is written of me.

Jn 5: 46, 47“For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me. “But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”

And as for you saying "Amen" I could care less. Do you really think I am seeking the approval of men?? You don't understand at all. The Lord told me to write and that corresponding to prior instructions like "Preach the Word of God, but not as it is so often preached today. I want you to preach I AM the Word of God." I capitalized the "I AM" because those words hit me with power as to cause me falling to my bathroom floor, even though they were said in the same small voice as the rest of what He said.

But are you starting with the premise that He is not the Great I AM, so as to think that He did not speak to those who wrote the Bible. If so you have not believed Moses and his writings about the Christ. So how will you hear His words?

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a simple question. Who gave the Revelation to Jesus?

John wrote Revelation. He says Jesus was given the Revelation, he (John) is writing to us about.

John also tells us who gave Jesus the Revelation. My question is who is it that gave Jesus the Revelation. Simple question.

Have you not read that all things come down from the Father? Or that the Father gave Him all things?
And did you not read that John was taken up in the Spirit?

You asked "Who gave the Revelation to Jesus? The Father did!

And it was the Holy Spirit which took John up into heaven to see the Kingdom of God, which revealed who Jesus Christ is - The Word of God who is the King of kings - and more.

Jn 16: 2,3 They will make you outcasts from the synagogue, but an hour is coming for everyone who kills you to think that he is offering service to God. “These things they will do because they have not known the Father or Me.

Jn 16: 13-15 “But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. “He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you. “All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you

So why do you ask the question? Who told you to?

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We so lack understanding of God and tend to let our FINITE comprehension of his word lead us.

He is God, ALL that ever was, has been or will be IS GOD !

We really do not understand the " us " God was speaking, to or about in Genesis when he said let " us" make man in our image.

It does NOT mean there is more than one God, for throughout his word he tells us there is only ONE God and no other.

But THE GOD of all creation, the guide to the children of Israel in the wilderness, the speaker to the prophets, the administrator of salvations plan and the author of the word of God and of our souls is the ONE AND ONLY GOD there is.

His Spirit overshadowed Mary and she conceived of the seed of God, his only Son was then birthed to FULFILL salvations plan. To be that final sacrifice for the wages of sin.

Why do we always try to go beyond what the word says?
We are NOT capable in understanding but God's Spirit is capable of showing us exactly what God means in his word.

God can do the impossible!
God can do ABOVE anything we can think or ask about.

Folks seem to think it is one or the other rather than the fact it is simply God preparing us for the eternal side of life.

All of the word is Spirit inspired and must be learned by the leading of the Spirit.
We are hearers and doers of the word or we are lacking in our walk with God.

What has REVELATION truly showed us of Jesus?

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is what I answered you about that: Jesus never said he was the author of the Scriptures, but his Father, who was the One who inspired human writers. Jesus is not the author of the Bible (John 17:17).

Reactions: Aunty Jane

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Because the previous books are "line upon line, here a little there a little", so there was and is a need for clarification that it was and is actually about everything--including "the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will take place after this." Everything from the beginning to the end of times.

Reactions: Karl Peters