Revelation: Technology and the Mark of the Beast

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The entire book of Revelation is symbolic.
This may be the Amillennial position, but it is simply NOT TRUE.

As to the the Mark of the Beast, there will be a real mark on each person as stated in Revelation, and it is more than likely that current or future technology will be used to apply this mark (possibly an implant).

It is also more than likely that even though all the identification numbers will be individualized, they will incorporate 666 either as a prefix or a suffix. Since the Greek letter stigma is one of those 6s, this mark will be a stigma on each one who takes it, and they all will be damned.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello to all. This is my first post here. Please watch this video about the technology of the dark hour that will soon be upon us.

Hi friend of, welcome to the forum!
I've watched many things from Tom Hughes, including his series thus far on Revelation. While he is a great preacher and clearly a sincere Christian, I don't necessarily agree with his end times doctrine.
But this is interesting. I fully believe that when Revelation talks of the Mark, it is symbolic. The mark being on the head or the hand shows that if your deed and thoughts are not in line with the 'new world order' that stands against God, life will become hard for you. It stands in contrast to God placing his own seal upon his followers forehead, symbolizing their own loyalty to God.
But then it gets oddly specific...without the 'Mark' you cannot "buy or sell". I believe that the book itself has relevance to all Christian audiences, as it addresses the time period between the two advents of Christ. We know that the Christians around the time John wrote this were struggling financially because if they refused to worship Caesar as Lord, they were not allowed to be in a Guild, which allowed them to 'buy or sell'. I expect if we tracked Christian history we could find again and again examples of Christians suffering because they refused to be loyal to the powers that be. Because they refused to take "the Mark".
My speculation...and it is only speculation...is to wonder if in the end days, when all the 'many antichrists' give way to The Antichrist, that perhaps the symbolic nature of the Mark is sctually enforced in a way that Dispensationalist suggest it will. When you look at the technology we have, and then at the 'social points system' that China has at the moment, then to be honest, it wouldn't totally surprise me.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to all. This is my first post here. Please watch this video about the technology of the dark hour that will soon be upon us.
This presentation is promoting Jesuit ideas. Are you catholic?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello,

If we read Revelation. 20:4-6, we read that at the beginning of the 1,000 year period when Satan and his cohorts are imprisoned in the bottomless pit, the saint who have lost their heads and have also not received the mark, will become Priests with Christ in Heaven for 1,000 years.

The mark of the beast mentioned in Revelation. 13:11-18 does not occur until the Bottomless pit is unlocked by the angel after the 1,000 years of their imprisonment is over.

This suggests to me that from the time of Christ, until the beginning of the next age when Satan is imprisoned in the bottomless pit for a period of time, that it is possible to receive the mark. If that is the case, then the present day technology is not required to achieve this outcome. So any long winded debate on whether or not the present day technology is needed to insert a mark on those who willingly worship Satan, if futile to say the least. It is the state of the heart that determines if we have received the mark of the beast or not.

Shalom

D

Dave L

This may be the Amillennial position, but it is simply NOT TRUE.

As to the the Mark of the Beast, there will be a real mark on each person as stated in Revelation, and it is more than likely that current or future technology will be used to apply this mark (possibly an implant).

It is also more than likely that even though all the identification numbers will be individualized, they will incorporate 666 either as a prefix or a suffix. Since the Greek letter stigma is one of those 6s, this mark will be a stigma on each one who takes it, and they all will be damned.
Jesus was Amillennial. People add to the book of Revelation every waking moment reading physical news items, micro chips, Jewish fables, etc., into it.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus was Amillennial.
Since Jesus gave the words of Revelation to John, and Jesus revealed the Millennium to John in Revelation 20, you have seriously misrepresented Jesus.
People add to the book of Revelation every waking moment reading physical news items, micro chips, Jewish fables, etc., into it.
There's nothing to "add". The Bible says that the Mark of the Beast will be applied during the reign of the Antichrist (which is yet future). We know that modern technology has already begun implanting microchips in people. Therefore it is more than reasonable to conclude that the Antichrist will be using modern technology in this connection, as well as in communicating his directives to the whole world

D

Dave L

Since Jesus gave the words of Revelation to John, and Jesus revealed the Millennium to John in Revelation 20, you have seriously misrepresented Jesus.

There's nothing to "add". The Bible says that the Mark of the Beast will be applied during the reign of the Antichrist (which is yet future). We know that modern technology has already begun implanting microchips in people. Therefore it is more than reasonable to conclude that the Antichrist will be using modern technology in this connection, as well as in communicating his directives to the whole world
There is no millennium in Revelation 20. This is what I'm talking about. People drag Jewish physical kingdom ideas into it and use the rest of the book as a giant Rorschach test along with their TV and favorite news sources.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello,

If we read Revelation. 20:4-6, we read that at the beginning of the 1,000 year period when Satan and his cohorts are imprisoned in the bottomless pit, the saint who have lost their heads and have also not received the mark, will become Priests with Christ in Heaven for 1,000 years.

The mark of the beast mentioned in Revelation. 13:11-18 does not occur until the Bottomless pit is unlocked by the angel after the 1,000 years of their imprisonment is over.

This suggests to me that from the time of Christ, until the beginning of the next age when Satan is imprisoned in the bottomless pit for a period of time, that it is possible to receive the mark. If that is the case, then the present day technology is not required to achieve this outcome. So any long winded debate on whether or not the present day technology is needed to insert a mark on those who willingly worship Satan, if futile to say the least. It is the state of the heart that determines if we have received the mark of the beast or not.

Shalom
The only problem with that idea is that the thousand years is bookended with the two resurrections - the resurrection of the just when Jesus comes gloriously and the resurrection of the damned at the end of the millennium, so what point is there of a Mark after Jesus comes?

Reactions: brakelite
B

brakelite

I wonder at the confidence of so many who proclaim they know what the mark of the beast is, without any idea as to the identity of the beast. Reading revelation from a literalist mindset they must fit a literal future despot to their pre-existing idea regarding their "technology". Would it not make more spiritual sense to identify the beast then identify its mark?
No one denies the availability of technology and the power it has to rule over nations even let alone individuals. Nations have been switched off from international finance because they refused to comply with certain conditions, do also have individuals. I see this taking place in the future with a global governance system, particularly a religious one . But the switch itself is not the mark of the government... It will be the conditions, or condition, or criteria demand of everyone in submission and surrender to that system that will be that systems mark. The technology will thus be used as incentive to comply.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The only problem with that idea is that the thousand years is bookended with the two resurrections - the resurrection of the just when Jesus comes gloriously and the resurrection of the damned at the end of the millennium, so what point is there of a Mark after Jesus comes?

Really, are you sure of that, as what you have suggested does not line up with the scriptures.

Shalom

Thir7ySev3n

Sep 23, 2018
Belleville
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Notice the mark is a symbol for allegiance:

“And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:” (Revelation 13:16)

Compare with:

“And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father’s name written in their foreheads.” (Revelation 14:1)

It says that "he" subjected them to RECEIVE a mark. That doesn't sound symbolic, it sounds like a literal thing that is being given.

Do you think that the technology doesn't exist (it does) or that the evil vision of creating a cashless digital global system isn't something that the antichrist wants??

It is undeniably a literal physical mark of some kind, as it is designated to grant financial powers particularly. In addition to this, comparing the contexts of the two chapters doesn't subvert this view as we should not be surprised that the anti-Christ will have a physical counterpart to Christ's spiritual provisions, as all things Satan works is by and in the flesh against the Spirit, and vice versa.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
It is undeniably a literal physical mark of some kind, as it is designated to grant financial powers particularly. In addition to this, comparing the contexts of the two chapters doesn't subvert this view as we should not be surprised that the anti-Christ will have a physical counterpart to Christ's spiritual provisions, as all things Satan works is by and in the flesh against the Spirit, and vice versa.
Welcome to the forum.
I was asked to look for you on another forum but had no luck.
(by Angeltrue)
Happy to see you here.

Reactions: Thir7ySev3n

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
This makes me think of persons that are having chips implanted in their hands to get into their home, etc. This is happening in Australia.

Also, it seems tattoos are becoming common place so that they will be accepted as "normal" sometime in the near future.
I don't mean that they are not normal in a perverse way, but that they were not accepted by everyone, and eventually they will be (if it hasn't happened already).

Here in Italy they attempted to make a law that one had to use only a card for purchases (I believe back in 2011/2012) but fortunately the right stepped in and blocked this move.

D

Dave L

Remember, John is speaking about a vision. Do you expect to see any green horses or red dragons too?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Remember, John is speaking about a vision. Do you expect to see any green horses or red dragons too?
What did you think of my post no. 38?
Don't these advances mean anything to you?
Isn't it a barometer of things to come?