Righteousness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
They would be the unrighteous.

There is no profit to the Lord in the unrighteous.

We are to be salt AND light. Salt preserves the world. Light shows Christ to the world. So if you can't be a light at least you could have been salt (acted righteously). The saint is the light...the righteous are the salt.

OK...here is the parable of the unjust steward.

Being a steward is being in a dominant place in the household of God...a saint. But this particular brother was not one of the worthy ones...he was called but not chosen. Rather than wait to weep and gnash his teeth later he got an idea. Rather than hold onto his high place he decided to make a place for himself among the righteous. Like a washed up major leaguer looking for a berth in the minor league. Like an incompetent officer aboard a ship that goes easy on the crew so he can find a hammock among them rather than being thrown off the ship.

What does this show...??? A wisdom that is borne out in humility. The steward was willing to humble himself and take a lower station rather than be cast out completely. God loves this kind of wisdom. Like the puppies who eat the crumbs from the children's table.

JohnnyB

Aug 8, 2012
West coast, USA
There is no profit to the Lord in the unrighteous.

We are to be salt AND light. Salt preserves the world. Light shows Christ to the world. So if you can't be a light at least you could have been salt (acted righteously). The saint is the light...the righteous are the salt.

OK...here is the parable of the unjust steward.

Being a steward is being in a dominant place in the household of God...a saint. But this particular brother was not one of the worthy ones...he was called but not chosen. Rather than wait to weep and gnash his teeth later he got an idea. Rather than hold onto his high place he decided to make a place for himself among the righteous. Like a washed up major leaguer looking for a berth in the minor league. Like an incompetent officer aboard a ship that goes easy on the crew so he can find a hammock among them rather than being thrown off the ship.

What does this show...??? A wisdom that is borne out in humility. The steward was willing to humble himself and take a lower station rather than be cast out completely. God loves this kind of wisdom. Like the puppies who eat the crumbs from the children's table.
Something is better than nothing.

Thanks for the answer.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
:)

You don't know how close I was to sending you a pm, begging you for the answer! lol

You bet!

lol.gif

I couldn't of told you... Only hints! ;)

It's how the game goes!
bouncy.gif

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The latest offering for your appraisal!!! :)

Mat_10:41 He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward.

JohnnyB

Aug 8, 2012
West coast, USA
The latest offering for your appraisal!!! :)

Mat_10:41 He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward.
This verse has a new and refreshing meaning, in light of new knowledge!

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
This verse has a new and refreshing meaning, in light of new knowledge!

Yes! :) This verse just went from 2D to 4D. Now it has depth!

Isa 62:2 And the Gentiles (nations) shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou (Zion) shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the LORD shall name.

Righteousness and glory. Nations and kings.

JohnnyB

Aug 8, 2012
West coast, USA
:lol:

The rules of learning... You have to hash it out for yourself! No answer keys.

Hints point you in the right direction... But you still have to go down the road yourself! ;)
I discovered that today, it's a difficult workout, but the rewards are great. :)

Yes! :) This verse just went from 2D to 4D. Now it has depth!

Isa 62:2 And the Gentiles (nations) shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou (Zion) shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the LORD shall name.

Righteousness and glory. Nations and kings.
That one is 4d, too! What a blessing to see this!

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi Episkopos,

I've been out of the loop for a couple of days, but I wish to challenge something you said on p1 post #17.

Taking the last sentence out of the way first -

Only in Christ can we fulfill the WHOLE law including the standard of holiness within it. So our boast is not in ourselves.

Which law? It is a different 'law' from the one to which you refer below. Today I wrote something about the Mosaic Law, here: http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/16448-why-you-as-a-christian-are-as-sinless-as-god-is-holy/#entry161484

The law is not against the righteous.

I think you are misunderstanding what the Mosaic law did.

It is just that the righteous are unable of themselves to fully accomplish the law because the law is holy.

This is not what Paul said at all!!!

Matthew 12:5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?

Luke 1:6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

Philippians 3:6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

So therefore by deeds of the law shall no man be justified.

So, what you said above is not the reason that 'by the deeds of the law shall no man be justified'. (If Rom 3:20 is what you had in mind, it doesn't say 'man' it says 'flesh'. Isn't there a difference?)

No man can justify himself by the law since the law is too high a standard for him. By claiming he is justified by the law he condemns himself as unrighteous in his judgment...since the law surpasses his ability to perform it.

Um.... again, which 'the law' have you got in mind by this stage? Was it mentioned above, or not?

I am looking forward to a clearer definition of your terms, and, I still would like a biblical definition of 'righteous' in the way that you are using it, to compare it with 'holy'.

Many thanks, brother. :)

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Episkopos,

I've been out of the loop for a couple of days, but I wish to challenge something you said on p1 post #17.

Taking the last sentence out of the way first -

Which law? It is a different 'law' from the one to which you refer below. Today I wrote something about the Mosaic Law, here: http://www.christian...ly/#entry161484

I think you are misunderstanding what the Mosaic law did.

This is not what Paul said at all!!!

Matthew 12:5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?

Luke 1:6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

Philippians 3:6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

So, what you said above is not the reason that 'by the deeds of the law shall no man be justified'. (If Rom 3:20 is what you had in mind, it doesn't say 'man' it says 'flesh'. Isn't there a difference?)

Um.... again, which 'the law' have you got in mind by this stage? Was it mentioned above, or not?

I am looking forward to a clearer definition of your terms, and, I still would like a biblical definition of 'righteous' in the way that you are using it, to compare it with 'holy'.

Many thanks, brother. :)

The Mosaic law was about holiness not righteousness. The law of righteousness comes from God Himself by revelation of the Spirit. For example...circumcision does not make a person more righteous. Righteousness is in the doing what is right in the eyes of God. Here is an example of righteousness.

Psa 106:30 Then stood up Phinehas, and executed judgment: and so the plague was stayed.
Psa 106:31 And that was counted unto him for righteousness unto all generations for evermore.

Sounds like what God said about Abraham!!!! Phinehas killed 2 people to be granted this righteousness .

This is how God describes the righteous:

Eze 18:5 But if a man be just, and do that which is lawful and right,
Eze 18:6 And hath not eaten upon the mountains, neither hath lifted up his eyes to the idols of the house of Israel, neither hath defiled his neighbour's wife, neither hath come near to a menstruous woman,
Eze 18:7 And hath not oppressed any, but hath restored to the debtor his pledge, hath spoiled none by violence, hath given his bread to the hungry, and hath covered the naked with a garment;
Eze 18:8 He that hath not given forth upon usury, neither hath taken any increase, that hath withdrawn his hand from iniquity, hath
executed true judgment between man and man,
Eze 18:9 Hath walked in my statutes, and hath kept my judgments, to deal truly; he is just, he shall surely live, saith the Lord GOD.