Robots and Will Worshipers

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This idea that all of existance is a pre-planned and completely controlled reality, to it's last detail including the thoughts of man and the intents of his heart . . . would make God the author and finisher of sin . . . would make God disengenuous towards His disengaged creation. Personally I find these suggestions repugnant.

And I find this idea heartily dispelled in the Bible, as God shows Himself to be our Father, collecting us together into His family, in relationship with Him expressed in real love, something that does not exist in a story that is told.

Much love!

Rudometkin

Sep 14, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay . . . what question are you asking me?

Marks,

Do I need to do all of the heavy lifting to maintain order and completion?

The first one I asked you that you still haven't answered (in order beginning from Post #1).

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Discuss support and implications of the two opposing doctrines regarding 'Free Will' and 'Determinism' below.

Free Will: Man has the power to think on his own apart from God.

Determinism: God controls all things.
So what then exactly is your question here . . . as you say . . . beginning in post 1 . . .

???

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Against order and completion, you are skipping my chase in order to arrive to yours.
Whatever your concept of "order and completion", if that means you aren't willing to have a straightforward and direct discussion, I'm just quickly losing interest.

Much love!

Rudometkin

Sep 14, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Humans do make free choices apart from God. God knows our decisions ahead of time, but God does not control our decisions.

Thanks for contributing, Matt.

Do you believe that God gave man power that does not depend on God to exist, so that man can use it to think on his own apart from God?

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An important question to ask . . . is God disengenuous?

I would answer, No, He is not. So all these admonitions, all of God's appeals to man, "we urge you, be reconciled to God", all of these show that either God has given man the ability and option to make choices, OR, that God has created a fiction of such a reality, and all of these are play-acted, and therefore, disengenuous.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Already done, Marks.

I am waiting for you to address the question I shared.

I'm sorry, I can't quite make out what that question is through all the obfuscation.

Again, if you would like to be more clear, well, free will compared to determinism can make for an interesting discussion.

But I'm finding it very difficult to have a discussion with you.

Much love!

Reactions: Rudometkin

Rudometkin

Sep 14, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry, I can't quite make out what that question is through all the obfuscation.

Again, if you would like to be more clear, well, free will compared to determinism can make for an interesting discussion.

But I'm finding it very difficult to have a discussion with you.

Much love!

Try page #1.

If it was answered with reverence to order and completion, then perhaps there would be no obfuscation to cloud the board.

If you do your part in heavy lifting, I'm sure you'll find it.

Rudometkin

Sep 14, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Humans can do nothing without God having given us the power to do it. I cannot take one step without God having given me legs to walk on. I do believe that we are free to imagine/think up new ideas apart from God; God could have conceived of such ideas. Humans are made in the image of God (not the literal image with an appendix, for instance). But, this image is spiritual. Therefore, I believe that humans are 'creators', like God is The Creator. Humans create skyscrapers, for instance, which God did not create on Earth. As far as we know, only humans create skyscrapers (the list can go on and on). So, yes; humans can think on their own apart from God.

Is any part of the human self-existent?

Are you trying to back me into a corner to prove some point to me? If so, just state what you are saying outright.

Matt,

Please do not order me to discuss in your style. I will not do it to you.

Coming from you, what does it mean to back someone in a corner, if not meant literally?

BTW: the robot analogy is misguided, in my opinion. But, you have not elaborated your analogy very well. I'm bracing myself for you accusing me of being a robot!? I can assure you - I am not a robot.

The Determinists are who often get hit with being called robots. Don't worry about that, I don't believe you're a robot, so I'm not preparing to call you a robot.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Humans can do nothing without God having given us the power to do it. I cannot take one step without God having given me legs to walk on. I do believe that we are free to imagine/think up new ideas apart from God; God could have conceived of such ideas. Humans are made in the image of God (not the literal image with an appendix, for instance). But, this image is spiritual. Therefore, I believe that humans are 'creators', like God is The Creator. Humans create skyscrapers, for instance, which God did not create on Earth. As far as we know, only humans create skyscrapers (the list can go on and on). So, yes; humans can think on their own apart from God.
Hi Matt,

Your post reminded me . . .

Colossians 1
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;
20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.
21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled
22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:
23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Jesus created everything, and in Him we live and move and have our being.

We, who were once alienated from God . . . How? If God has ordained our every thought, why would we be alienated? But in that we've chosen to disobey Him, we need to be reconciled.

Much love!

Reactions: MattMooradian

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would be nice if you defined your terms. Nevertheless, I will interpret your words in the hope that I have understood you accurately. Self-existent: Is there any part of being a human that God did not create? (I hope that's what you mean.) Well, no. God created the potentials that humans can exhibit. God did not create us to build skyscrapers, but God did create us with the potential to build skyscrapers. If the potential for some ability has not been created within me by God, then I cannot exhibit that ability.
Or maybe he's talking about how God "has life in Himself", that is, God depends on no one for His existence.

?

Much love!

Rudometkin

Sep 14, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would be nice if you defined your terms. Nevertheless, I will interpret your words in the hope that I have understood you accurately. Self-existent: Is there any part of being a human that God did not create? (I hope that's what you mean.) Well, no. God created the potentials that humans can exhibit. God did not create us to build skyscrapers, but God did create us with the potential to build skyscrapers. If the potential for some ability has not been created within me by God, then I cannot exhibit that ability.

Self-existent as in, not metaphysically depending on anything but oneself for current and future existence of self.

Rudometkin

Sep 14, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please, are you asking these questions because you seek an answer? If so, you are being honest with us.

Absolutely. Have I given you reason to believe that I am not being honest with you?

What does a Christian need to do in order to have a nice discussion with other Christians?

Are you being honest with me?