ROMANS: ACCORDING TO OUR DEEDS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Romans 2:5 KJV) But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

(Romans 2:6 KJV) Who will render to every man according to his deeds:

The judgment of God is according to our deeds as found elsewhere in scripture:

(Psalm 62:12 KJV) Also unto thee, O Lord, [belongeth] mercy: for thou renderest to every man according to his work.

(Romans 2:7 KJV) To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

Israel had to trust the Lord and keep the commandments to have life (Matthew 19:16-17) and to dwell in the land:

(Psalm 37:3 KJV) Trust in the LORD, and do good; [so] shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.

God has declared there is none that does good:

(Psalm 14:3 KJV) They are all gone aside, they are [all] together become filthy: [there is] none that doeth good, no, not one.

The Jew will be first to bear judgment:

(Romans 2:8 KJV) But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,

(Romans 2:9 KJV) Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

The Jew will be first for glory:

(Romans 2:10 KJV) But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

Whether Jew or Gentile, none are righteous:

(Romans 3:9 KJV) What then? are we better [than they]? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;

(Romans 3:10 KJV) As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Israel would be judged first as to whether they did good or evil:

(Ezekiel 18:30 KJV) Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD. Repent, and turn [yourselves] from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin.

(Ezekiel 33:20 KJV) Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. O ye house of Israel, I will judge you every one after his ways.

(Romans 2:11 KJV) For there is no respect of persons with God.

That God is no respecter of persons is found in the prophets:

(Deuteronomy 10:17 KJV) For the LORD your God [is] God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:

It is also found in Paul:

(Colossians 3:25 KJV) But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Romans 2:5 KJV) But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

(Romans 2:6 KJV) Who will render to every man according to his deeds:

The judgment of God is according to our deeds as found elsewhere in scripture:

(Psalm 62:12 KJV) Also unto thee, O Lord, [belongeth] mercy: for thou renderest to every man according to his work.

(Romans 2:7 KJV) To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

Israel had to trust the Lord and keep the commandments to have life (Matthew 19:16-17) and to dwell in the land:

(Psalm 37:3 KJV) Trust in the LORD, and do good; [so] shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.

God has declared there is none that does good:

(Psalm 14:3 KJV) They are all gone aside, they are [all] together become filthy: [there is] none that doeth good, no, not one.

The Jew will be first to bear judgment:

(Romans 2:8 KJV) But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,

(Romans 2:9 KJV) Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

The Jew will be first for glory:

(Romans 2:10 KJV) But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

Whether Jew or Gentile, none are righteous:

(Romans 3:9 KJV) What then? are we better [than they]? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;

(Romans 3:10 KJV) As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Israel would be judged first as to whether they did good or evil:

(Ezekiel 18:30 KJV) Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD. Repent, and turn [yourselves] from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin.

(Ezekiel 33:20 KJV) Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. O ye house of Israel, I will judge you every one after his ways.

(Romans 2:11 KJV) For there is no respect of persons with God.

That God is no respecter of persons is found in the prophets:

(Deuteronomy 10:17 KJV) For the LORD your God [is] God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:

It is also found in Paul:

(Colossians 3:25 KJV) But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.

A sobering reminder!!

Much love!

Reactions: Doug

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

in this statement can be found what shall come to pass. man will suffer his own judgement and the righteous judgement of God is Life.

Joh 5:19  Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise. 

Joh 5:20  For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel. 

Joh 5:21  For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will. 
Joh 5:22  For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: 
Joh 5:23  That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him. 
Joh 5:24  Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. 
Joh 5:25  Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. 
Joh 5:26  For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; 
Joh 5:27  And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man. 

and Jesus explains His judgement:

Joh 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. 
Joh 12:48  He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. 

its basically like this he who does not submit to God Judgment (which is Life) will receive the result of his own judgement which isn't life, because only God's Judgement is Life. so God doesn't judge the man who goes by his own judgement the man has done that to himself according to his own judgement.

side note: see in Joh 5:27 what Jesus says about execution of judgement. because He is also the Son of man, in that statement is found what mans purpose is. it is to execute God's Judgement in the earth, hence according to the rule that God gave man the duty to execute His Judgement in the earth, Jesus being Son of God of God in the Son of man (flesh) can and has the authority to execute God's Judgement in the earth. God gave this to man, and God honors what He agrees to.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It should be clear that while judgment is according to works, salvation is by grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8-9).

A man is regenerated and renewed on the inside and made born again through faith in Jesus Christ and what He did for him on the Cross.

If I give $5 to the poor, or even $5,000,000, that is not going to produce in me the new heart of regeneration and renewal that makes me born again. Only faith in Jesus and His shed blood in sacrifice is going to avail to do that.

Once I have been regenerated and renewed and been made born again, it will be my natural inclination to do good works. The good works don't save me; they only are set forth as evidence before men that I have been saved through regeneration and renewing of the Holy Ghost.

If I am justified ("declared righteous" before men) by works, I have something to boast about; just not before the Lord (Romans 4:2).

Before the Lord, who sees what is invisible, I am justified (declared righteous before God) by faith alone. For He looks not on the outward appearance but on the heart (1 Samuel 16:7). And therefore what is done outwardly is of no consequence to the Lord but what has happened on the inside of me is of every value.

If a murderer turns over a new leaf and does many righteous things, and then goes and murders again, none of those righteous things are going to save him.

If, however, he were regenerated and renewed on the inside so that on the inside of him he is no longer a murderer, he is not going to murder again; he has been changed from the inside out. None of his lawless deeds will be remembered or brought up to him; because those things are not who he is any more.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To fear with a Godly fear is good. Craven fear hurts, and doesn't understand God's love.

We will be judged according to Scripture for what we have done, what I have done, so help me God! I cannot change my past. I do not see clear outline of exactly what the judgment of God's child will look like, be like.

It's easy for me to fulfill Jude's words,

Jude 1:21
Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

That's all I can do, is look for mercy when He comes.

Isaiah 57:15-16
15) For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.
16) For I will not contend for ever, neither will I be always wroth: for the spirit should fail before me, and the souls which I have made.

I've come to realize humility is found in reaching honesty with myself about myself.

Isaiah 66:1-2
1) Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?
2) For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

When I read God's Word, the more I understand His holiness, the more I just cling to Him, trusting in His mercy. Because outside of His mercy, there is no hope.

Much love!