Rome's 7 0F 10 Hills

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tsigano

Mar 2, 2011
Here's a start for you. Where is Rome???

Who said Rome was the beast. I said the beast was an entire empire headed by Rome. Rome is the city mentioned as the spiritual Babylon (we know it is the real Babylon as the Bible says that real Babylon will never be rebuilt and that even the Arabs won't pitch their tents there).

If it was Just Rome or Italy then it wouldn't be a beast made of ten heads. ten heads was the number of kings that built Rome to an Empire.

seven kings during the "kingdom of Rome" then three during the 20 years at the end of the "Republic of Rome". Then came the "Roman Empire". The Empire of Rome was more than just Italy. Being Italian didn't grant extra status as a Roman. Its like saying the European Union & the European Parliament and keep referring to it as just France or Belgium.

Islam will never merge with any other religion.

Perhaps you should study the beliefs of Islam and who the Mahdi is and how Jesus is going to come at the end and join forces with the Mahdi uniting Islam with half of Christians. The other half will be the enemy of the pair.

You just know it will be headed by Rome! And how does Tsigano prove this from God's Word???

Rome is just the head of the first beast. The second beast is Islam. Lets not forget the importance of the second beast whilst we speak of the first beast.

Read in Revelations how the great city (Rome) will come to ruin - probably from Islam. the end time sound like a time of many wars. That is until the false prophet and the false Messiah come along that is and appear to bring about peace - study the beliefs of Islam for this and compare it to the prophecies given in Revelations

Tsigano

Mar 2, 2011
There will ne no 'truce' with Israel. The word for covenant doesn't mean a truce or peace treaty. It means an alliance and that's what we see in Ezekiel 38 and Psalm 83. Israel will never be confederate with it's enemies. Neither will there be a rebuilt temple so that animal sacrifices can resume only to have them cease.

From Book of Daniel (the Bible)

(1 week = Jewish seven year week & not seven day week)

24 Seventy weeks are decreed upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most holy.

25 Know therefore and discern, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the anointed one, the prince, shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: it shall be built again, with street and moat, even in troublous times
(The date when Jerusalem was rebuilt is given in Nehemiah 2:1-8 = 20th yr of King Artexerxes = 444bc).

26 And after the threescore and two weeks shall the anointed one (Jesus) be cut off, and shall have nothing: and the people of the prince (Roman Empire) that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary (Roman Emperor Titus destroyed Jerusalem and the temple in 70ad); and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and even unto the end shall be war; desolations are determined.

[Last seven years has not happened as the time ofJews is put on hold = time of gentiles (Jesus came for the Jews first then the Gospel went out across the globe)]

And he (anti-christ)shall make a firm covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease (study Jewish reasons for not making animal sacrifices = no temple*. indicating temple rebuilt); and upon the wing of abominations shall come one that maketh desolate; and even unto the full end, and that determined, shall wrath be poured out upon the desolate."

* we as Christian know the reason God let the temple be destroyed as He doesn't require animal sacrifice as Jesus has paid the price

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
New Hampshire's North Woods
Tsigano,

My question to you was to post a verse where Rome is specifically associated with any end time prophecy. You haven't provided one. You can tell me all about the kings of Rome and even dig all the dirt you want on Rome's past, but how can we go any further until you can quote a verse for us to debate your beliefs. Show me scriptural evidence how you arrive at your conclusions.

Babylon is Babylon. It isn't Rome. Some of the experts would like you to believe that Rome is Babylon but in every verse in which the word is used it is translated literal Babylon. Babylon gave birth to false religion. Not Rome! Rome acquired its false religions from Babylon. The only other thing Babylon is synonymous with is false religion. Not Rome.

You said,
Perhaps you should study the beliefs of Islam and who the Mahdi is and how Jesus is going to come at the end and join forces with the Mahdi uniting Islam with half of Christians. The other half will be the enemy of the pair.

You may want to check that out. That's not what Muslim's believe about the Muslim jesus. I'm pretty sure you're incorrect.

The only city that qualifies for "that great city" is Jerusalem. In 1 Kings God claims it as his own and the word hills isn't an accurate definition of the word 'oros' which means mountain. I have already said that all the hills in Rome are to one side of the Tiber and Vatical Hill is on the other side and Vatican hill makes 8 hills. It just doesn't fit.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Rome is the last kingdom of the World, the fourth and fifth kingdoms of Daniels prophecy, and must be exposed. So here's the evidence that most Christians don't know:

Rev 17:1

I'll not repeat this lengthy post for sake of the reader's time. This is from the first post in the thread and as usual contains self-justification for a long diatribe against the church of Rome.

Predisposition to hatred of the Catholic church DOES NOT equate to an understanding of Biblical prophecy. The quotation from Wikipedia does little to reinforce the argument as the entire assertion is based upon two false premises.

1. That Rome or a revived Roman Empire will be the last world empire
2. That the understanding of Revelation's textual images are in turn based upon religious bigotry and thus false and misleading.

Two things must be understood before ANY realistic appraisal of scripture and its predictions of latter day events are to be considered.

FIRST, that the central core and object of any and all Biblical prophecy, indeed the entire context of the Bible, is Israel and the Jews (which includes Christians who are 'grafted in' as spiritual Jews (Romans 11:17, 19 23 & 24).
. . .Any interpretation that does not take this point into major consideration is doomed to failure and misunderstanding.
. . .Biblical prophecy does not revolve around America, the EU or any other entity except where it affects the events of the last days in ISRAEL.
SECOND, is the basic Biblical definition of terms or objects used in scripture (not Wikipedia or Webster or any other source).

For example, in Rev 17:9 referenced in the beginning of this post; the mountains are thought to represent the 7 hills around Rome. BUT in the Bible, references to mountains are generally defined as Empires or political entities of man - not geographic structures. Therefore Rev 17:9 is a prophecy to kingdoms or empires that will rule over Israel and Jerusalem in particular. Want proof? Read carefully and you'll see that these verses refer to 8 kingdoms, not 7.

A further breakdown as to the particular identity of these eight kingdoms and princes/Kings will be provided here if anyone is interested. A big clue is provided by John himself when he says that five are fallen (or gone into the past AS OF HIS POINT IN TIME). "One is", he says. What Empire ruled over Jerusalem at the time of John? That would be #6.
#7 is "not yet come", he says.
#8 is described in Rev 17:11

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The answer to the question of which foreign kingdoms ruled Israel as stated by John in Revelation.*

#1 Jebusites [fallen]

- Kingdom of Israel -

#2 Assyria [fallen]

#3 Babylon [fallen]

#4 Medo-Persia [fallen]

#5 Greek [fallen]

#6 Roman [one is] (the kingdom of John's time)

#7 Ottoman Empire [one that 'is to come'] (Muslim Kingdom)

- Modern state of Israel -

#8 revived Caliphate of Islam [like the seven] in that it will rule Jerusalem
a. leader will be the 12th Imam - supporters are called 'Twelvers'
b. leader called Muhammad al-Mahdi (referred to in the Bible as the anti-christ)
c. Mahdi will enter Israel upon a white horse Rev 6:2 (THIS VERSE IS quoted by Christian scholars AND Muslim scholars)
- Mahdi marches at the head of an army carrying black flags (Muslim prophecy)
d. the beast will be Mahdi's spokesman or prophet who will deceive many
(prophecy of BOTH Christianity & Islam)
- Islamic prophecy identifies this man as Jesus, son of Mary
- this 'Jesus' will be a false Christ, a man of murder and deceit (Bible warns against this deception)

* This interpretation is based upon two assumptions:
1. That the focus of all Biblically based prophecy is Israel and Jerusalem.
2. That references to 'mountains' in scripture are political kingdoms that;
a. rule the city of Jerusalem
b. succeed one another in history

References to the Roman Catholic Church, America, the EU or the Soviet Union as principle players in Biblical prophecy are totally inaccurate and pretentious as credible interpretations. The Holy Bible is self-interpreting and internal references should always be used in favor of external supposition.

Final question;
Who will be the political leader of the ninth kingdom?

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The Eighth Kingdom - identified as the center of the end time alliance against Israel.

"And to the angel of the church in Pergamum write; These things saith he that hath the sharp two-edged sword: I know where thou dwellest, even where Satan’s throne is: and thou holdest fast my name, and didst not deny my faith, even in the days of Antipas my witness, my faithful one, who was killed among you, where Satan dwelleth."
Rev 2:12-13

Pergamum, Turkey (also spelled Pergamon or Pergamun) location of the throne of Satan.

Google it

WATCH TURKEY !!!

Tsigano

Mar 2, 2011
The Eighth Kingdom - identified as the center of the end time alliance against Israel.

"And to the angel of the church in Pergamum write; These things saith he that hath the sharp two-edged sword: I know where thou dwellest, even where Satan’s throne is: and thou holdest fast my name, and didst not deny my faith, even in the days of Antipas my witness, my faithful one, who was killed among you, where Satan dwelleth."
Rev 2:12-13

Pergamum, Turkey (also spelled Pergamon or Pergamun) location of the throne of Satan.

Google it

WATCH TURKEY !!!

I personally think Turkey is Shinar. If you read the Hebrew then Shinar is to the west of Ararat and not to the East as some English Bibles have re-worded to be.

I think the word Asia may even come from Shinar.

If you believe that the two horned beast is Islam. I agree. The two horns symbolize the Sunni and Shia sects of Islam. The ten horned beast is 'occupied' (sits upon) by "Babylon the Great." Babylon can only mean literal Babylon or "false religion" meaning a large (great) false religion. What the beast and harlot symbolizes is that Islam is the religion that 'occupies' the coming ten nation empire. The beast will inspire the jihadit to commit the abominations of the earth either from the Al'Aqsa mosque or the Dome of the Rock (or a wing of it) turning East Jerusalem into a harlot.
You can post all the anti-Catholic/Rome rhetoric and junk you want but it's meaningless. Show me one verse that proves Rome will have something to do with the last days? You can't because there are none! That doesn't seem to matter to any of you diehard revived Roman Empirist!

Babylon being the literal city of Babylon then read Isaiah 13:17-22.
The Bible prophesy states very clearly that Babylon the literal city will never again be rebuilt and that even the Arabs (considering Iraq is greatly occupied with Arabs since the rise of Islam which it doubtingly was at the time of Isaiah) won't even rebuild the city.

For Babylon and the Bible supporting the first beast being Rome we need to go through all the verses in Daniel which takes time to write so I'll do it as soon as I have time.

It all starts with the dream to the king of "BABYLON". Here we can see it is reference to the following kingdoms leading up to coming of the Messiah - Babylon -> Medes / Persians -> Greeks -> Rome

I think we too often forget the importance of the coming of Jesus to the Earth and the fact that most the old testament was a reference to this. Without this event we wouldn't be saved. Jesus came at the time of the Roman Empire and save all of mankind. This is the first beast.

The second beast is Islam.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I personally think Turkey is Shinar. If you read the Hebrew then Shinar is to the west of Ararat and not to the East as some English Bibles have re-worded to be.

I think the word Asia may even come from Shinar.

The sources I have consulted agree with your reference as well.

Babylon being the literal city of Babylon then read Isaiah 13:17-22.
The Bible prophesy states very clearly that Babylon the literal city will never again be rebuilt and that even the Arabs (considering Iraq is greatly occupied with Arabs since the rise of Islam which it doubtingly was at the time of Isaiah) won't even rebuild the city.

For Babylon and the Bible supporting the first beast being Rome we need to go through all the verses in Daniel which takes time to write so I'll do it as soon as I have time.

It all starts with the dream to the king of "BABYLON". Here we can see it is reference to the following kingdoms leading up to coming of the Messiah - Babylon -> Medes / Persians -> Greeks -> Rome

I think we too often forget the importance of the coming of Jesus to the Earth and the fact that most the old testament was a reference to this. Without this event we wouldn't be saved. Jesus came at the time of the Roman Empire and save all of mankind. This is the first beast.

The second beast is Islam.

Your quote of the prophecy concerning Babylon is correct, however the place was never destroyed. Google "Rebuilding Babylon"

http://www.thepropheticyears.com/reasons/babylon.htm

The rebuilding of Babylon
by Don Koenig

"Scripture says Babylon will be completely destroyed and no one will ever live there again. It will be a place for creatures of the night. This prophecy has never been fulfilled. People have lived there and are still living there today. The complete prophetic fulfillment apparently is still in the future."

The above is the first line from Mr. Koenig's page.

I first heard about this from a radio preacher. I followed up on it and it's true. The restoration was begun by Sadam Hussein and is now progressing under American funding. (of course, why not?)

The beast described in scripture is Jesus. A false Jesus. When you look at Muslim prophecy of the same period, you see some eerie parallels. Islam also predicts that Jesus the son of Mary will return. They call him Isa. The name appears in the Qur'an as well as hadith literature. According to Muslim prophecy, Jesus will return to earth a second time and will preach on behalf of the Mahdi (Muslim messiah). Their prophecy states that this Jesus will convert many Christians to Islam. Those that do not convert will be beheaded. (Note that the Bible also says that the beast/anti-Christ's favorite method of dispatching their enemies will be beheading.)

The point is that this false Jesus (Isa) will be a powerful deceiver.

Christ Himself warned against the appearance of false leaders coming in His name. Could this be what Our Lord was talking about? We shall see.

WATCH TURKEY

The Syrian-Iranian alliance has been weakened of late by the events of Arab Spring. Turkey appears to be taking a leading role in the middle east among rogue states. Previously they were very moderate, but they've been drawn into the fray more and more. Another fulfillment of prophecy? The Bible says that God will "put hooks in their mouths" and draw them into the final conflict which Christ Jesus will resolve in the TRUE second coming.

Tsigano

Mar 2, 2011
The sources I have consulted agree with your reference as well.

Your quote of the prophecy concerning Babylon is correct, however the place was never destroyed.

I'm confused by what you mean. The Medes / Persians invaded Babylon and took away it's freedom. The city had impenetrable walls so they re-routed the river Tigris so that they were able to walk into the city via the river. They then set up in the city as their own with its surviving inhabitants remaining as their captives. All captives of Babylon were allowed home. Babylon was then taken by Greece. When the Greek Empire was split into its four kingdoms, Babylon became the center of much war. Many fled and whilst most others were rehoused in Seleucia.

By the time the Arabs got there Babylon as any kind of great city was no more.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I'm confused by what you mean. The Medes / Persians invaded Babylon and took away it's freedom. The city had impenetrable walls so they re-routed the river Tigris so that they were able to walk into the city via the river. They then set up in the city as their own with its surviving inhabitants remaining as their captives. All captives of Babylon were allowed home. Babylon was then taken by Greece. When the Greek Empire was split into its four kingdoms, Babylon became the center of much war. Many fled and whilst most others were rehoused in Seleucia.

By the time the Arabs got there Babylon as any kind of great city was no more.

No kind of great city for eons. Quite correct, but never destroyed as in the Biblical prophecy of the latter days. The destruction of the town in the Bible predictions is absolute. According to the Word, not even small animals will dwell there afterwards. Such devastation has not yet visited the ancient site.

But we can be sure it will.

Google info on the subject. Some very interesting current events about it too.

Tsigano

Mar 2, 2011
No kind of great city for eons. Quite correct, but never destroyed as in the Biblical prophecy of the latter days.

But the city of Babylon is no more. It doesn't even exist. It is but ruins.

There is are some villages located on some parts of the ancient site, but the city is gone and is no more.

When the Medes / Persian took the city they neglected the city as wars with Greece were causing much expense. When the Greeks took the city it was already falling behind.
Alexander after taking the Persian (& Mede) Empire was planning on rebuilding the city to it former glory but was cut short and died. Alexander took the Empire in around 9 years (an amazing accomplishment) but when going back to rule it he died. His four generals who became the rulers destroyed the city further through hostility and wars in that very area.

The Bible verse specifically says the Medes. It was the Medes who came into Babylon and took it from its glory. Some people have tried to suggest the Kurds are the Medes yet I have little faith in the evidence to suggest this. The Medes now are interbred with the Persians and the Elamites etc. They are now non-existent.

The thing that amazes me is how the Medes were able to take the great city with no force. The question is why? and the answer is because God did not say the Jews would be harmed - just the Babylonians. The Jews were released from there once the Medes took Babylon and were allowed home and even were allowed to rebuild the temple etc,.
After this Babylon fell to ruin.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
But the city of Babylon is no more. It doesn't even exist. It is but ruins.

There is are some villages located on some parts of the ancient site, but the city is gone and is no more.

When the Medes / Persian took the city they neglected the city as wars with Greece were causing much expense. When the Greeks took the city it was already falling behind.
Alexander after taking the Persian (& Mede) Empire was planning on rebuilding the city to it former glory but was cut short and died. Alexander took the Empire in around 9 years (an amazing accomplishment) but when going back to rule it he died. His four generals who became the rulers destroyed the city further through hostility and wars in that very area.

The Bible verse specifically says the Medes. It was the Medes who came into Babylon and took it from its glory. Some people have tried to suggest the Kurds are the Medes yet I have little faith in the evidence to suggest this. The Medes now are interbred with the Persians and the Elamites etc. They are now non-existent.

The thing that amazes me is how the Medes were able to take the great city with no force. The question is why? and the answer is because God did not say the Jews would be harmed - just the Babylonians. The Jews were released from there once the Medes took Babylon and were allowed home and even were allowed to rebuild the temple etc,.
After this Babylon fell to ruin.

Ruin yes, total destruction no.

Let's go back to the book of Revelation. Specifically study the entire eighteenth chapter. A whole chapter of the book is devoted to the destruction of Babylon.

John wrote the passage centuries AFTER the Medo-Persian Empire's initial assault against the city described in Daniel chapter 5. John's prophecy was speaking of an event in his future. Since Bablyon has not yet attained to the status of a world renowned city, we may assume that it's final destruction described in Rev 18 is still in our future as well.

Revelation 18 describes Bablyon as a center of trade and sin and states that it will be destroyed in a single hour. Although ancient cities were indeed totally destroyed, it usually took months if not years to accomplish. Only in the modern age has it become possible to wipe a city off the map in so short a period of time. Further, the book of Revelations describes the nature of the destruction. Apparently it will be so bad and so toxic that former merchants and traders in sin will have to stand at a great distance to view and bemoan it's former status in their lives. There are few parallels to such destruction in the modern age and none in ancient history.

The city of Babylon described in Revelation 18 is a future town and a future event in John's future as well as our own.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
WATCH TURKEY

The Syrian-Iranian alliance has been weakened of late by the events of Arab Spring. Turkey appears to be taking a leading role in the middle east among rogue states. Previously they were very moderate, but they've been drawn into the fray more and more. Another fulfillment of prophecy? The Bible says that God will "put hooks in their mouths" and draw them into the final conflict which Christ Jesus will resolve in the TRUE second coming.

Keep us abreast of that.

I've been wondering about Turkey for quite a while now. Turkey (Togarmah I think) and Ethiopia appear to be lacking still today in the Ezekiel 38 alliance with Russia. Since ancient Ethiopia included more lands south of Egypt, it could mean Sudan.

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
Its not Rome because the book was shut up by Dan. the reformers could only see Catholics in Rome in this role so thats what they believed add that Rome was built on seven hills it all seemed to fit to them ..but they were wrong

Revelation 13

The First Beast
[sup]1[/sup]And I saw a beast rising out of the sea,[sup](A)[/sup] with ten horns and seven heads, with ten diadems on its horns and blasphemous names on its heads.

The sea here is a sea of people/nations a diadems is a greek word often translated crown as it can be used as one but that not exactly what it is means
1) a diadem

a) a blue band marked with white which Persian kings used to bind on the turban or tiara

The first beast rises out of people or nations it has ten powers and 7 leaders all the powers are wearing diadems(turbans of persian kings/Iran) and blasphemous names on their head.

This is not Rome

Hi avoice,

Many clearly see what is "not", exactly as you have correctly identified, but discerning what "is" is much more difficult. However, Scripture DOES provide this answer. Have you found that solution?

BibleScribe

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Keep us abreast of that.

I've been wondering about Turkey for quite a while now. Turkey (Togarmah I think) and Ethiopia appear to be lacking still today in the Ezekiel 38 alliance with Russia. Since ancient Ethiopia included more lands south of Egypt, it could mean Sudan.

"There is no moderate or immoderate Islam. Islam is Islam and that's it."
- Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Prime Minister of Turkey (since March 14, 2003)

FYI
Erdogan has been accused by Muslim radicals of being an ataturk, or a figure of Ataturk. Erdogan's 2003 attitude of pro-western moderation has been eroded considerably since he took office. The accusation of being an ataturk does not help him at all.

If you wish to learn more about Ataturk, google Mustafa Kemal Pasha Ataturk, first president of modern Turkey. The brief background info will serve you well in discerning Muslim rhetoric concerning the changing political alignments in the middle east.

"There is no real dialogue, since Muslims never reciprocate the goodwill gestures made by the Christians. The result is we sit down together, and the Christians say what a wonderful religion Islam is, and the Muslims say what a wonderful religion Islam is."
Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf (Imam of Park 51 - NY City mosque near Ground Zero)

http://1muslimnation.wordpress.com/
Note the black flag on the heading banner. This is the flag which twelver Muslims say will be carried by Mohammad al-Mahdi (Muslim messiah) as he conquors the world for Islam.

FYI
Now that you all know what the black flag means - watch for it.

NEVER TRUST A MUSLIM - Remember 9/11

WATCH TURKEY

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The following is a digest of information from the Richardson book on the Islamic antiChrist.
I highly recommend that you refer to the author for greater detail.
Accept this info or reject it outright, it's your choice as always.
Either way you will do well to inform yourself of this scenario.

I do not and can not certify that this is a prophecy by any stretch of the imagination.
Yet imagination seems to be incapable of catching up with the horrors and chilling news we encounter every day from the middle east.

Submitted for your consideration.....

THE MINIONS OF GOG

From THE ISLAMIC ANTICHRIST
Joel Richardson
World Net Daily Books
(C) 2009
ISBN 978-1-935071-12-9

(chapter 10 - p. 81)

Gog
leader of the army that assaults Jerusalem. Comes from the land of Magog.
Gog is resurrected at the end of the millenium.
Gog comes from the land of Magog. <---
He cannot, therefore, be anything except the anti-Christ.
To understand the meaning and purpose of Gog study the character of AntiChrist.

Magog
the name of the army, also the head of Meshech & Tubal.

Rosh
(not Russia, Scofield was wrong)
It was assumed to be Russia during the cold war era, but strict translation does not affirm this conclusion.
"Linguistic evidence for the equation [of Rosh with Russia] is confessedly only presumptive."
- Dr. Merrill F. Unger (Bible scholar)
Rosh simply translates as "chief prince" or "head" as in leader.

Meshech & Tubal
Ancient trading partners of Moschi/Mushki and Tubalu/Tibareni in Asia Minor. Today is known as modern Turkey.
Since the Bible states that Magog is the head of Meshech & Tubal, it can't be somewhere other than Turkey.

Persia
Modern day Iran.

Cush
Not Ethiopia. The Bible associates Egypt with Cush, not Ethiopia (Eze 29:9-10)

Put or Phut
The region west of Egypt, modern Libya. "The Septuagint translates the word Put as Libue."
Some scholars also include Algeria, Morocco and Tunisia.

Gomer
Scholars universally agree that Gomer refers to Celtic Commerians of Crim-Tartary - central Turkey.

Togarmah
Southeastern Turkey, near the Syrian border.

Seventh and Eighth Empires of Eze 38 and Revelation were discussed by me in an earlier post. Note that mountains in the Bible are usually the symbol for kingdoms or empires. Prior to Jesus' return there will be EIGHT 'beast' empires. The eighth empire will be ruled by the antiChrist.

In Mr. Richardson's book the five 'past' empires John referred to in Revelation are:

1. Egyptian
2. Assyrian
3. Babylonian
4. Persian
5. Greek

In Revelation John said "one is" meaning that the sixth empire was Rome.
Empire #7 was the Ottoman Empire (modern Turkey)
#8 will be like the seven, John says.

How alike? Mr. Richardson points out that each of the 7 ruled over Jerusalam and Israel. The eighth will attempt to do so as well. The eighth will be like the seven, John says.

Modern Muslims work pray and hope for the restored Caliphate (#8?).

Please note that ALL of the separate ancient groups listed in the Bible as being led by Gog against Jerusalem in the future battles ARE MUSLIM NATIONS TODAY.
---- end of book digest----

And to the angel of the church in Pergamum write; These things saith he that hath the sharp two-edged sword:
I know where thou dwellest, even where Satan’s throne is: and thou holdest fast my name, and didst not deny my faith, even in the days of Antipas my witness, my faithful one, who was killed among you, where Satan dwelleth.

Rev 2:12&13

Read the Bible passage above. Pergamum (or Pergamon) is in modern Turkey. The seat of our enemy is in Turkey, not the Roman papacy. The Bible says so.

WATCH TURKEY

...and then will come the ninth kingdom....ruled by Christ Himself as fortold in Daniel (the mountain not made with hands)

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
The following is a digest of information from the Richardson book on the Islamic antiChrist.
I highly recommend that you refer to the author for greater detail.
Accept this info or reject it outright, it's your choice as always.
Either way you will do well to inform yourself of this scenario.

I do not and can not certify that this is a prophecy by any stretch of the imagination.
Yet imagination seems to be incapable of catching up with the horrors and chilling news we encounter every day from the middle east.

Submitted for your consideration.....

In Mr. Richardson's book the five 'past' empires John referred to in Revelation are:

1. Egyptian
2. Assyrian
3. Babylonian
4. Persian
5. Greek

In Revelation John said "one is" meaning that the sixth empire was Rome.
Empire #7 was the Ottoman Empire (modern Turkey)
#8 will be like the seven, John says.

Hi All,

If I might, -- Daniel declared Nebuchadnezzar as the first king:

[sup]37 [/sup]Thou, O king, art a king of kings: ... [sup]38[/sup] ...Thou art this head of gold.

[sup]39[/sup]And after thee shall arise another kingdom inferior to thee ...

Thus Scripture represents the sequence as such:

DANIEL 2
1. Gold, Babylonian
2. Silver, Medo/Persian
3. Bronze, Grecian
4. Iron, Roman
5. Clay, "divided"

Please note that 2:45 confirms this FIVE world empire sequence in the accounting of Iron, Bronze, Clay, Silver, Gold, where the Clay is separated from the Iron (discounting a 4a/4b relationship) and delineating a ~4,3,5,2,1 = FIVE world empire sequence. Thus Daniel 7 MUST define the "divided" contributors:

DANIEL 2 & 7
1. Gold, Babylonian (has fallen)
2. Silver, Medo/Persian (has fallen)
3. Bronze, Grecian (has fallen)
4. Iron, Roman (has fallen)
-- Clay, "divided"
-- 5. Lion/Eagle, U.K./U.S. (has fallen from preeminence, but still exists)
-- 6. Bear, Russia ("is", as recognized by the world when it attacks Israel)i
-- 7. Leopard, China ("shall remain a little while" until the U.N. assumes leadership)
-- 8. "dreadful", United Nations ("was and is not" because it has NO Geography, NO Populous, NO Army, etc.)

And of course, it should anticipated that the U.N. shall set up it's headquarters in the contested city of Jerusalem, ~so that all may have access, but none shall have possession~.

But to also allow Scripture to continue confirming itself, we can consider the significance of WHY the Revelation 13 beast "HEAD" is the Lion; the "BODY" is the Leopard; and the FEET are the Bear, -- that is, if anyone might expect those attributes to be anything more than empty symbols.

BibleScribe

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Hi All,

If I might, -- Daniel declared Nebuchadnezzar as the first king:

[sup]37 [/sup]Thou, O king, art a king of kings: ... [sup]38[/sup] ...Thou art this head of gold.

[sup]39[/sup]And after thee shall arise another kingdom inferior to thee ...

Thus Scripture represents the sequence as such:

DANIEL 2
1. Gold, Babylonian
2. Silver, Medo/Persian
3. Bronze, Grecian
4. Iron, Roman
5. Clay, "divided"

Please note that 2:45 confirms this FIVE world empire sequence in the accounting of Iron, Bronze, Clay, Silver, Gold, where the Clay is separated from the Iron (discounting a 4a/4b relationship) and delineating a ~4,3,5,2,1 = FIVE world empire sequence. Thus Daniel 7 MUST define the "divided" contributors:

DANIEL 2 & 7
1. Gold, Babylonian (has fallen)
2. Silver, Medo/Persian (has fallen)
3. Bronze, Grecian (has fallen)
4. Iron, Roman (has fallen)
-- Clay, "divided"
-- 5. Lion/Eagle, U.K./U.S. (has fallen from preeminence, but still exists)
-- 6. Bear, Russia ("is", as recognized by the world when it attacks Israel)i
-- 7. Leopard, China ("shall remain a little while" until the U.N. assumes leadership)
-- 8. "dreadful", United Nations ("was and is not" because it has NO Geography, NO Populous, NO Army, etc.)

And of course, it should anticipated that the U.N. shall set up it's headquarters in the contested city of Jerusalem, ~so that all may have access, but none shall have possession~.

But to also allow Scripture to continue confirming itself, we can consider the significance of WHY the Revelation 13 beast "HEAD" is the Lion; the "BODY" is the Leopard; and the FEET are the Bear, -- that is, if anyone might expect those attributes to be anything more than empty symbols.

BibleScribe
THE IDOL AND THE KEY
I've not heard, nor have I ever read, of any logical discussion about the dissimilarity between Daniel's vision of the idol of empires and John's enumeration of mountain empires leading to the end of days.
Yet in some strange way they seem to agree with one another.

For example, we've all heard and read many assertions about Daniel's 'seventh week' or 'lost week' of prophecy. The main idea being that Daniel's clock or calendar of prophecy halted for several thousand years until the players lined up on the field properly. At that time the last week of events would play out (ie tribulation). Again, I've read nothing about why this halted clock or calendar should be accepted. Everyone seems to accept this jump in logic - by faith.

One the other hand, there is one point which I feel has been totally lost by prophetic interpreters in recent decades. That is that ALL prophecy centers upon Jerusalem and Israel and that all those that work for or against that tiny nation are the ultimate players in the divine design of history. The key to Biblical interpretation of the last days has always been Israel.

THE UN
The only serious role the UN has ever had with regard to history is to legitimize the 1948 partition of palestine into Israel and the disorganized arab sections now known as Palestine. The UN did maintain a demilitarized zone between Israel and Egypt after the 1957 war, but that didn't last long. There has been no serious or effective insinuation of the UN into the area since then. To assume that such will happen in future, especially in light of the growth of Muslim political, economic and military power is quite a stretch. In fact, the role of the UN in any global issue has been diminishing drastically since that time. Today it is nothing more than a rubber stamp for US and European foreign policy. As both America and the European powers have themselves been weakened by economic and military adventures, the actions and declarations of the UN have become meaningless.

The enemies of the west are now quietly waiting on the sidelines for our economic and military collapse. It is virtually certain. Everyone knows it's coming. The UN, like every other western entity is also financially strapped and can do nothing about it. International financial and political contributions are at an all time low. The UN is impotent. It's jewels have quite literally been cut off. No future impact can be expected of it except to see the New York campus become a museum dedicated to the folly of godless empire.

WHICH VERSION TO WATCH
Returning to the core of Biblical interpretation, I see no other logical and Biblical solution to the prophetic puzzle than to consider seriously those nations and countries which have been HISTORICALLY and CURRENTLY antagonistic towards both Israel and the people of God (meaning Christians). The Bible says so and the fact that Islam is the ONLY religion on the planet that is wholly dedicated to anti-Christian and anti-Jewish peoples must be allowed (the Qur'an calls us "the people of the book").

Cold war interpretations of the meaning of scripture (the role of Russia, China and America) are entirely out of date. One has only to read the daily newspaper to determine that much.

I'm not sure if Mr. Richardson has an entirely correct formula for interpreting scripture, but I do know that it presents a much clearer and more logical picture than the one created in Hal Lindsay's LATE GREAT PLANET EARTH.

BTW have you watched Mr. Linday's TV show lately? He seems to be leaning toward this Muslim angle too. Lindsay is nobody's fool. If he sees the course of history going a certain way, he will follow it. So should we all.

WATCH TURKEY

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
T

Magog
the name of the army, also the head of Meshech & Tubal.

Rosh
(not Russia, Scofield was wrong)
It was assumed to be Russia during the cold war era, but strict translation does not affirm this conclusion.
"Linguistic evidence for the equation [of Rosh with Russia] is confessedly only presumptive."
- Dr. Merrill F. Unger (Bible scholar)
Rosh simply translates as "chief prince" or "head" as in leader.

Meshech & Tubal
Ancient trading partners of Moschi/Mushki and Tubalu/Tibareni in Asia Minor. Today is known as modern Turkey.
Since the Bible states that Magog is the head of Meshech & Tubal, it can't be somewhere other than Turkey.

And yet today, the leaders of Russia are allied with the nations of radical Islam, giving those Islamic nations weapons, training, and nukes. Russia even sent a fleet of its navy to the Syrian harbors when Israel went into Lebanon a couple of years ago. When Israel did an air strike on some of Syria's facilities a couple of years ago, Russia sent back a warning to Israel that they had Russian advisers there in Syria. Can't just single out Islam without including its supporters like the Communists in Russia.

Scholars universally agree that Gomer refers to Celtic Commerians of Crim-Tartary - central Turkey.

That's the one that scholars should have questioned, for the majority of the Celtic peoples wound up in Western Europe, not Asia Minor. The Cimmerians point to the ten tribes of Israel per Leroy Waterman's 1930 translation from the Assyrian Tablets. The word Cimmerian comes from the Assyrian captivity, not from Turkey.

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
Hi RJP34652,

Thanks for the note back. If you don't mind, I'd like to provide the following response:

THE IDOL AND THE KEY
I've not heard, nor have I ever read, of any logical discussion about the dissimilarity between Daniel's vision of the idol of empires and John's enumeration of mountain empires leading to the end of days.
Yet in some strange way they seem to agree with one another.

For example, we've all heard and read many assertions about Daniel's 'seventh week' or 'lost week' of prophecy. The main idea being that Daniel's clock or calendar of prophecy halted for several thousand years until the players lined up on the field properly. At that time the last week of events would play out (ie tribulation). Again, I've read nothing about why this halted clock or calendar should be accepted. Everyone seems to accept this jump in logic - by faith.

Actually it's not by "faith", it's by deception. Specifically, each of the scholars recognize Daniel 9 aspects which CANNOT be resolved, however the commentators discount these failures and present their best interpretation, knowing full well that if it were true, then Scripture was wrong. But ~they're the experts~ and they have an answer, -- unfortunately it's a lie.

1. In 9:2, most presume that Daniel simply read the prophecy of Jeremiah, -- which is the word "shama". However, the text uses "biyn", which is Solomon wisdom. Thus Daniel DID NOT simply ready from the book of Jeremiah, but he instead discerned seventy somethings (words, verses, chapters) in another book which agreed with Jeremiah's seventy "years".

2. In 9:2 the duration is "years", but in 9:25 the duration is the inconcise Masculine gender "week", which is NOT seven. If it were seven, he would have used the concise Feminine gender text. (Please note this is anagalous to a "cool" car, which is NOT a depressed thermal gradient.)

3. The 9:25 "Anointed one"/"Messiah"/"Chosen One" is NOT capitalized. It's merely a designation of ANY King or prophet who is anointed with oil.

4. The 9:25 "seven and sixty-two" are NOT one number. If the AUTHOR had intended it to be one number, HE would have said ~sixty-nine~.

5. There is one anointed one after the seven, and a second anointed one after the sixty-two.

6. The anointed one who is cut off "after" the sixty-two, is not cut off "upon" the sixty-two, but rather simply "after" the sixty-two.

7. The seventieth is NOT the tribulation duration. That duration is provided in Revelation 13 as 42 months.

8. The ~destroyer~ does not come at the beginning, the middle, or at the end of the seventieth. He simply comes "after" the seventieth.

Ref.: Post #51, http://www.christian...on/page__st__30

One the other hand, there is one point which I feel has been totally lost by prophetic interpreters in recent decades. That is that ALL prophecy centers upon Jerusalem and Israel and that all those that work for or against that tiny nation are the ultimate players in the divine design of history. The key to Biblical interpretation of the last days has always been Israel.

This is incorrect. The first example is Daniel, who was NOT called to the Jews, but rather the Gentiles. His entire ministry is Gentile specific, -- including ALL prophetic passages, with the exception of the 9th Chapter, where he had to don the mantle of Jeremiah to prophecy to his own people. But everything else in for the nations of the earth and their interactions between themselves and only on approximately four instances where these international actions were directed against Israel.

And of course, the second example is Revelation, which is written the the Church.

THE UN
The only serious role the UN has ever had with regard to history is to legitimize the 1948 partition of palestine into Israel and the disorganized arab sections now known as Palestine. The UN did maintain a demilitarized zone between Israel and Egypt after the 1957 war, but that didn't last long. There has been no serious or effective insinuation of the UN into the area since then. To assume that such will happen in future, especially in light of the growth of Muslim political, economic and military power is quite a stretch. In fact, the role of the UN in any global issue has been diminishing drastically since that time. Today it is nothing more than a rubber stamp for US and European foreign policy. As both America and the European powers have themselves been weakened by economic and military adventures, the actions and declarations of the UN have become meaningless.

The enemies of the west are now quietly waiting on the sidelines for our economic and military collapse. It is virtually certain. Everyone knows it's coming. The UN, like every other western entity is also financially strapped and can do nothing about it. International financial and political contributions are at an all time low. The UN is impotent. It's jewels have quite literally been cut off. No future impact can be expected of it except to see the New York campus become a museum dedicated to the folly of godless empire.

I work with hazardous materials. We manufacture, test, and ship these materials within the continental United States, which should ~legally~ fall under the auspices of the DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION. However, ALL shipping requirements are dictated by U.N. regulations, including the shipping container specification.

Secondly, if what you assert is true, then why are there FIVE Current Members on the Permanent Security Council, and FIVE Nominated Members to the Permanent Security Council. And of the first FIVE, why is one the LION, one the BEAR, and one the LEOPARD? :) Is this NOT the "ten"?

WHICH VERSION TO WATCH
Returning to the core of Biblical interpretation, I see no other logical and Biblical solution to the prophetic puzzle than to consider seriously those nations and countries which have been HISTORICALLY and CURRENTLY antagonistic towards both Israel and the people of God (meaning Christians). The Bible says so and the fact that Islam is the ONLY religion on the planet that is wholly dedicated to anti-Christian and anti-Jewish peoples must be allowed (the Qur'an calls us "the people of the book").

Cold war interpretations of the meaning of scripture (the role of Russia, China and America) are entirely out of date. One has only to read the daily newspaper to determine that much.

I'm not sure if Mr. Richardson has an entirely correct formula for interpreting scripture, but I do know that it presents a much clearer and more logical picture than the one created in Hal Lindsay's LATE GREAT PLANET EARTH.

BTW have you watched Mr. Linday's TV show lately? He seems to be leaning toward this Muslim angle too. Lindsay is nobody's fool. If he sees the course of history going a certain way, he will follow it. So should we all.

WATCH TURKEY

As you correctly observed above, the Daniel 2 & 7 sequence is not guesswork. Furthermore, it's substantiated by Daniel 8 & 11, and Revelation 13 & 17. The only difference between what I anticipate versus how others see Scripture and History, is 2:45. In this verse, nearly ALL scholars and commentators ignore the separation of the Clay from the Iron: Iron, Bronze, Clay, Silver, Gold = FIVE; 4,3,5,2,1 = FIVE. But given this CLUE, we should comply with this guidance and NOT follow a FALSE 1,3,2,4a,4b premise. And where one fully considers Scripture, then Daniel 2 is FIVE, for which the fifth is "divided"; and Daniel 7 depicts the "divided" three superpowers, plus the one-world-government; and so forth.

But to validate ANY premise, one can assess the significance of WHY the Revelation 13 beast "HEAD" is the Lion; the "BODY" is the Leopard; and the FEET are the Bear, -- that is, if anyone might expect those attributes to be anything more than empty symbols. And of course, we should also evaluate the Daniel 7 beast attributes (mind-of-man, ribs, heads, & wings).

BibleScribe