Run away from Apologetics! (Don't become a lawyer)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All apologetics is is defense system against anyone who may have a different perspective than yourself. They can be word picky over what you say, and they will engage with you, and sometimes it just not helpful over all, it is all to get their own way with you in having you try to defend whatever is you may have said.

I do not care for apologetics as it is "intellectualism" by default, just defending beliefs, and not really learning or grasping things from the Bible, or allowing people to have freedom to think, and have their opinions and have liberty in Christ to say what they may, even if it is not directly lining up with scriptures.

I am myself a fallible person, and I am not good with my words, neither was Moses. However it is by the grace of God, by loving us so much that he gave his son to the World, to pay for all of our sins and falling short.

Trust and rely on God, do not worry about what man or any woman may tell you, they are allowed to have the right to believe and act as they will, God has given them liberty to do so.

The only thing that is going to amount to anything is building your house on the solid foundation laid by Christ, the 'apologetics' is almost like a house that can fall, and it is something that can be shaken. Be free by the spirit and not the wisdom of the world, but the wisdom of the Spirit, in trusting God.

God bless you.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apologetics is biblical !

1 Peter 3:15
But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,

An answer - ἀπολογίαν (apologian) where we get the English word apologetics from .

627. apologia
Strong's Concordance
apologia: a speech in defense
Original Word: ἀπολογία, ας, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: apologia
Phonetic Spelling: (ap-ol-og-ee'-ah)
Definition: a speech in defense
Usage: a verbal defense (particularly in a law court).

apología ("reasoned defense") is the term for making a legal defense in an ancient court. Today 627 /apología("biblical apologetics") is used for supplying evidences for the Christian faith.

[An "apology" in classical times had nothing to do with saying, "I'm sorry," but rather was a reasoned argument(defense) that presented evidence(supplied compelling proof).

hope this helps !!!

Reactions: BarneyFife

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you so much for sharing, Christophany.

Love you!
Aww, that's nice.
love0085.gif

I'd say you're a pretty good apologist.