Sabatarianism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
There is nothing about the Sabbath in Hebrews 7.

Mosaic law is fulfilled.

New covenant to the houses of Judah and Israel are future.
I didn't say it said anything about the Sabbath. Farouk is the one that claims Hebrews 7:12 changes the Sabbath law as well as the entire law. I'm simply showing it only changes the high priest law when read in context. There is no refuting that.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say it said anything about the Sabbath. Farouk is the one that claims Hebrews 7:12 changes the Sabbath law as well as the entire law. I'm simply showing it only changes the high priest law when read in context. There is no refuting that.
The Bible is quite clear. The Covenant to the houses of Israel and Judah will be similar to mosaic law but improved.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The Bible is quite clear. The Covenant to the houses of Israel and Judah will be similar to mosaic law but improved.
You said my post was false. Therefore, stick to the subject I was addressing and prove it false. I simply said the law concerning what tribe the high priest needed to come from was changed. This allowed a high priest from the Melchizedek priesthood rather than the Aaronic priesthood. How is that false?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sabatarianism
That word has two "b's" just like sabbath.
Sabbatarians believe that the 7th day sabbath was given to Christians. But Scripture tells us that the 8th day was given to Christians -- the first day of the week is "the Lord's Day".

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How about cooking and feeding homeless people, or saving a life as a doctor or a fireman? These are not sins even if they are performed on the Sabbath.
You are correct. Christ did good works on the Sabbath days deliberately to show us (and the Jews of His time) that the Sabbath has a three-fold purpose (a) rest from daily labor, (b) worship, and (c) good works.

That is why He also said that God the Father has been redemptively working ever since His creative works were finished, and so has the Son.

Reactions: icxn

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said my post was false. Therefore, stick to the subject I was addressing and prove it false. I simply said the law concerning what tribe the high priest needed to come from was changed. This allowed a high priest from the Melchizedek priesthood rather than the Aaronic priesthood. How is that false?
There was no Aaronic priesthood at that time. Or Israel.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
That word has two "b's" just like sabbath. Sabbatarians believe that the 7th day sabbath was given to Christians. But Scripture tells us that the 8th day was given to Christians -- the first day of the week is "the Lord's Day".
Yeshua is the "Lord" of the Sabbath Day (Mark 2:28). Therefore, the 7th day Sabbath is the Lord's day. Christian's changed it to the first day to avoid appearing Jewish so they would not be persecuted along with the Jews.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You are correct. Christ did good works on the Sabbath days deliberately to show us (and the Jews of His time) that the Sabbath has a three-fold purpose (a) rest from daily labor, (b) worship, and (c) good works.

That is why He also said that God the Father has been redemptively working ever since His creative works were finished, and so has the Son.
True. Messiah showed that to "us" because it applies to "us" believers. It is when we rest, worship and do good works. We can do those things on all other week days as well, but we are only commanded to rest on the 7th day Sabbath.

B

brakelite

There is, it seems to me, a factor that is often overlooked when discussing the Sabbath. At creation, God sanctified, blessed, and made holy a day. And He called it His Sabbath. So regardless of the law or our feelings on the matter, the truth is that Jesus honoured that day by keeping it holy. The questions we must ask ourselves
  • Is that day still holy
  • Does our attitude toward that day affect it in any personal sense... In other words, of it is still a holy day, do we defile that holiness by ignoring it?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is, it seems to me, a factor that is often overlooked when discussing the Sabbath. At creation, God sanctified, blessed, and made holy a day. And He called it His Sabbath. So regardless of the law or our feelings on the matter, the truth is that Jesus honoured that day by keeping it holy. The questions we must ask ourselves
  • Is that day still holy
  • Does our attitude toward that day affect it in any personal sense... In other words, of it is still a holy day, do we defile that holiness by ignoring it?
God does not say forever.

Christ fulfilled the seventh day Sabbath, as clearly stated in the New Testament. We can gather anytime we wish, not just Saturday.

Your church gathered on Sunday, even when the apostles were there. They never objected.

B

brakelite

God does not say forever.
Absence of something is a tenuous basis for establishing a doctrine which says, the Sabbath is no longer holy. I would have thought that it was up to God to set His own timeframe on something as important as this; I see nothing in scripture that God has given authority to the church to decide for themselves...
We can gather anytime we wish, not just Saturday.

Christ fulfilled the seventh day Sabbath, as clearly stated in the New Testament.
Really? Clearly stated that He fulfilled the Sabbath? Can you quote that please, and explain how such a transaction took place that automatically meant what you want it to mean?

The church gathered on Sunday, even when the apostles were there. They never objected.
They happened to be gathered together on the day of the resurrection, when Jesus popped in for a visit. They were huddled together in fear because they thought they were next. But of course that means nothing to CoreIssue who is quite happy to use that as his reason for claiming the Sabbath no longer applies to anyone. Even though history records both Jew and Gentile observing the Sabbath for hundreds of years after the time of the apostles, until at least the time when the Catholic Church decided that Sunday was the better option and chose to persecute anyone who argued with them. So not only are you cleaving tenaciously to Catholic eschatology, but also their Sunday and their trinity. Seems to me CI that you are still well and truly bound to Rome despite your posts that purport to be revealing their apostasy. Which means you are with them and aiding and abetting theirs and your own straying from apostolic truth.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absence of something is a tenuous basis for establishing a doctrine which says, the Sabbath is no longer holy. I would have thought that it was up to God to set His own timeframe on something as important as this; I see nothing in scripture that God has given authority to the church to decide for themselves...

Really? Clearly stated that He fulfilled the Sabbath? Can you quote that please, and explain how such a transaction took place that automatically meant what you want it to mean?

They happened to be gathered together on the day of the resurrection, when Jesus popped in for a visit. They were huddled together in fear because they thought they were next. But of course that means nothing to CoreIssue who is quite happy to use that as his reason for claiming the Sabbath no longer applies to anyone. Even though history records both Jew and Gentile observing the Sabbath for hundreds of years after the time of the apostles, until at least the time when the Catholic Church decided that Sunday was the better option and chose to persecute anyone who argued with them. So not only are you cleaving tenaciously to Catholic eschatology, but also their Sunday and their trinity. Seems to me CI that you are still well and truly bound to Rome despite your posts that purport to be revealing their apostasy. Which means you are with them and aiding and abetting theirs and your own straying from apostolic truth.
In many of the letters it stated they were meeting on the first day of the week.

B

brakelite

In many of the letters it stated they were meeting on the first day of the week.
They probably met every day of the week, but how does that affect the holiness of the Sabbath? None of those meetings, regardless of their reasons for getting together, (sometime for a meal, at others to put some money aside for a famine, and another for a farewell party for Paul) can in any way be used as evidence that Jesus removed the holiness from the Sabbath.
And your "many", as quoted above is a massive exaggeration, because when you discount the four mentions of the first day of the week as the actual day of the resurrection, it leaves you with 3. Just 3 occasions where a first day meeting is mentioned, while there are over 50 separate occasions specifically chronicled in Acts when the apostles met on the Sabbath. You are pushing uphill with both feet tied together if you are going to try and build a case on that basis.

Reactions: gadar perets