Sabbath-Keeping

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And around the wheel we go again. never ending circles, yet never taking things to God. Stoil looking for a christian that believe God..

B

brakelite

I have been reading about 6 pages of this conversation from about page 60 and discovered it went to page 73. Forgive me if I skip a few, and forgive me if my comments here have been already offered. Hi everyone, tis Sabbath now where I live (Happy Sabbath everyone) and thought it might be a opportune time for me to catch up on what is going on in here...and it is the same as when I left, maybe around 40 or so pages ago lol. Allow me to offer the following as another humble contribution to this conversation.
2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
What means by this "falling away"? Who is doing the falling, and what are they falling from? The word used in the Greek is ἀποστασία apostasia. It is the root word of what we call an apostate. In 2 Thess. 2:3 we are told that there was to be a falling away first, which will reveal the antichrist, or as Paul describes him, the man of sin or son of perdition. Now falling away in this instance is a falling into apostasy; divorce.
Any divorce necessitates a prior favourable relationship.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
The fact is, ATP, that I do not see you as being qualified to be a teacher. You are a newbie...you are still learning.
Anyone who isn't blind can see what you're doing Barrd.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
brakelite said:
2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
What means by this "falling away"?
Hi brakelite. They fell away because they had no root of salvation...

Matt 13:6 NIV But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root.
Matt 13:21 NIV But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away.
Rom 11:18 NIV do not consider yourself to be superior to those other branches. If you do, consider this: You do not support the root, but the root supports you.
Rev 22:16 NIV “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give youfn this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.”

- ATP

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
brakelite said:
I have been reading about 6 pages of this conversation from about page 60 and discovered it went to page 73. Forgive me if I skip a few, and forgive me if my comments here have been already offered. Hi everyone, tis Sabbath now where I live (Happy Sabbath everyone) and thought it might be a opportune time for me to catch up on what is going on in here...and it is the same as when I left, maybe around 40 or so pages ago lol. Allow me to offer the following as another humble contribution to this conversation.
What means by this "falling away"? Who is doing the falling, and what are they falling from? The word used in the Greek is ἀποστασία apostasia. It is the root word of what we call an apostate. In 2 Thess. 2:3 we are told that there was to be a falling away first, which will reveal the antichrist, or as Paul describes him, the man of sin or son of perdition. Now falling away in this instance is a falling into apostasy; divorce.
Any divorce necessitates a prior favourable relationship.
Happy Sabbath back atcha, Brakelite. Here where I live it is still Friday...the day of preparation.
It's good to see you in here.
Who is falling away? i believe it is the church. I believe the church is falling away from following Christ. So many false doctrines have crept in...so many false teachers...signs and wonders that if it were possible would deceive even the very elect. Our pastors have forgotten that they are to be servants....too many of them have become arrogant...eyes full of pride, they begin to think of themselves as having "a special anointing from God"...but there is only One Anointed One. No one wants to quietly sit at His feet and learn of Him.
I'm afraid that we have become jaded in our thinking.
We've heard the beautiful Christmas story all of our lives...the miracle has become common place to us.
We're so used to hearing about the crucifixion that it holds no horror for us any more.

We need a revival...a real revival, not just a big show. We need to stop our posturing, and get back to Jesus...before it is too late.
Remember this....judgment begins in the House of God.
Will the Lord find faith on earth?

What I said to ATP last night I say to all....get to know the Lord.
Find yourself a quiet place, and read the famous Sermon on the Mount. You can find these beautiful words in Matthew 5-7.
Don't rush through it. Give yourself plenty of time to just hear His voice. Never mind the cross-referencing....the people who heard Him speak did not have computers or Bibles...only the magnificent words that He spoke. Try to imagine yourself a part of that crowd. Don't try to take it apart to make it mean what you want it to mean....just listen. Really listen. Sometimes I think listening is a lost art. So few people seem to have the knack. But oh...it is so worth the effort!

After you've done that, take a walk...give yourself time to meditate on the things you have heard. Never mind comparing these verses with any other part of the Bible...these verses stand alone. Here is the heart of Jesus Christ. Once you've really gotten to know Him, it is impossible to be ambivalent about Him.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
I said to ATP last night I say to all....get to know the Lord.
Find yourself a quiet place, and read the famous Sermon on the Mount. You can find these beautiful words in Matthew 5-7.
Matt 5:22 NIV is figurative language describing God's anger towards sin Eph 4:26 NIV. Jesus doesn't send christians to hell for calling other people fools. That is silly. Otherwise, nobody would make it into heaven and God would be a liar Eph 1:13-14, Eph 4:30, Heb 9:12, John 6:47.

Matt 5:22 NIV But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, 'Raca,' is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.

whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause, shall be in danger of judgment. By "brother" is meant, not in a religious sense, one that is of the same faith, or in the same church state; nor, in a strict natural sense, one that is so in the bonds of consanguinity; but in a large sense, any man, of whatsoever country or nation: for we are to be angry with no man; that is, as is rightly added, http://biblehub.com/matthew/5-22.htm

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
I'm not exactly hiding in a dark corner, ATP.
I'm not telling you anything new.
Why would you object to the Sermon on the Mount?
I don't object, rather I'm using proper exegesis and doing your homework for you.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
ATP said:
I don't object, rather I'm using proper exegesis and doing your homework for you.
ATP.....by your own admission, you've only been a Christian for about ten years. That isn't very long.
I came to Christ as a young girl...I was twelve years old. Next month, I will celebrate my 65th birthday.
In other words, I've been a Christian for 53 years....over five times as long as you have.
I did my homework a very long time ago, ATP....and I'm still very capable of doing it myself.

You are not qualified to teach me.
Thanks anyway, but I already have a Teacher.
But you are welcome to join the class....

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
ATP.....by your own admission, you've only been a Christian for about ten years. That isn't very long.
I came to Christ as a young girl...I was twelve years old. Next month, I will celebrate my 65th birthday.
In other words, I've been a Christian for 53 years....over five times as long as you have.
I did my homework a very long time ago, ATP....and I'm still very capable of doing it myself.

You are not qualified to teach me.
Thanks anyway, but I already have a Teacher.
But you are welcome to join the class....
You can be a christian for two days and grasp the meaning of..
Eph 1:13-14, Eph 4:30, John 6:47, Heb 9:12, 1 Peter 1:3-5 NIV, 2 John 1:2 NIV.
But I see it's taking you 53 years, no?

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
ATP said:
Matt 5:22 NIV is figurative language describing God's anger towards sin Eph 4:26 NIV. Jesus doesn't send christians to hell for calling other people fools. That is silly. Otherwise, nobody would make it into heaven and God would be a liar Eph 1:13-14, Eph 4:30, Heb 9:12, John 6:47.
So, you think that mocking and belittling each other is a small thing in the eyes of God?
Remember, they also mocked Jesus....

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
ATP said:
You can be a christian for two days and grasp the meaning of..
Eph 1:13-14, Eph 4:30, John 6:47, Heb 9:12, 1 Peter 1:3-5 NIV, 2 John 1:2 NIV.
But I see it's taking you 53 years, no?
I think that people tend to gain wisdom with time, yes.
And I don't think you have grasped the meaning of the gospel message.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
So, you think that mocking and belittling each other is a small thing in the eyes of God?
Remember, they also mocked Jesus....
No, rather then God sending us to hell the Holy Spirit convicts, teaches and disciplines the believer.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
I think that people tend to gain wisdom with time, yes.
And I don't think you have grasped the meaning of the gospel message.
You mean the good news of the Gospel is sending christians to hell if they sin?

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
ATP, you really need to learn not to take a verse or two out of context.
For instance, there is much more to John's letter than the verse you posted.
For instance:

2Jn 1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

2Jn 1:8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
2Jn 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
2Jn 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
2Jn 1:11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
ATP said:
No, rather then God sending us to hell the Holy Spirit convicts, teaches and disciplines the believer.
Yet there are some who call themselves Christians who do still mock and belittle other Christians...
Perhaps they haven't been exposed to the Holy Spirit's teaching and discipline for long enough?

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
ATP said:
You mean the good news of the Gospel is sending christians to hell if they sin?
All sinners have their part in the Lake of Fire, ATP.
Now, if a person sins and refuses to repent, is that person a Christian?
No, I would say not....
Not that Christians do not sin...but when we do, the Holy Spirit convicts us, and we cannot rest until we have gone to Christ and asked for His forgiveness.
One thing a Christian does not do is to take his salvation for granted.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
ATP, you really need to learn not to take a verse or two out of context.
For instance, there is much more to John's letter than the verse you posted.
For instance:

2Jn 1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

2Jn 1:8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
2Jn 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
2Jn 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
2Jn 1:11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
www.faithalone.org/magazine/y1997/97E2.html

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
ATP said:
www.faithalone.org/magazine/y1997/97E2.html
Why are you sending me to a magazine? Isn't the Bible enough?
Somehow, I very much doubt that the crowd listening to Jesus had access to this article.

How about we just concentrate on the Sermon on the Mount for a bit? Here is Jesus' heart, laid open for all to see. Here is the walk we are to walk if we would have true fellowship with Jesus.

The article you sent me to seems to have the same problem we just talked about. The writer seems to think that mocking and belittling one another is a minor issue with God. "God certainly wouldn't send someone to hell just for that! " As if Jesus doesn't know what He's talking about...

But do you not know how devastating words can be?

Yes, I believe that God could and would send someone to hell for his or her careless, hurtful words.

Status
Not open for further replies.