Sabbath-Keeping

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Phoneman777 said:
No, tell me just what in a lost person is it that they are trusting for salvation, bro. Their looks? Their singing or dancing talent? What, bro???? What are they trusting in?
Rom 10:9-10 NIV If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and BELIEVE in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Phoneman777 said:
Bro, you JUST got done claiming a second ago that the lost are capable of obedience and NOW you say you agree that they are incapable based on the Scripture in Romans? I don't know whether to congratulate you or choke you, bro. :)

Bro, since the lost are incapable of obedience, then just what are they trusting in ?
Well, stop talking in riddles and maybe I will give you a straight answer.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
True, but it's the definition of what a parable is that you and Phoneman are having trouble with.
No, bro, we aren't to cowardly and afflicted with Cognitive Dissonance to embrace the truth that we must be born again. You and your ilk argue that we must remain the same old sinful creature as before if we are to be saved, because your affliction prevents you from parting ways with the sinful lusts, but you must do so, bro.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
Rom 10:9-10 NIV If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and BELIEVE in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.
LOL I'll ask again, bro. Just what are the lost trusting in for salvation if it is not possible for them to obey God's law?

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Phoneman777 said:
LOL I'll ask again, bro. Just what are the lost trusting in for salvation if it is not possible for them to obey God's law?
You don't understand Rom 10:9, no?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
Well, stop talking in riddles and maybe I will give you a straight answer.
The SAINTS trust in Jesus for salvation. Can you not understand the simplistic question? What are the LOST vainly trusting in? Got it now?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
You don't understand Rom 10:9, no?
You are so confused you can't discern that the lost don't trust in Jesus, but the saved are they that trust in Jesus. What are the LOST vainly trusting in?

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Phoneman777 said:
The SAINTS trust in Jesus for salvation. Can you not understand the simplistic question? What are the LOST vainly trusting in? Got it now?
Rom 10:9 that's what they are trusting in. My God dude.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Phoneman777 said:
You are so confused you can't discern that the lost don't trust in Jesus, but the saved are they that trust in Jesus. What are the LOST vainly trusting in?
Uhh, no Phone. The lost will trust in Jesus.. :wacko:

Rom 10:9-10 NIV If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
Phoneman777 said:
Bro, you JUST got done claiming a second ago that the lost are capable of obedience and NOW you say you agree that they are incapable based on the Scripture in Romans? I don't know whether to congratulate you or choke you, bro. :)

Bro, since the lost are incapable of obedience, then just what are they trusting in ?
I dunno about you, PM, but I find myself leaning toward choking him....

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
Uhh, no Phone. The lost will trust in Jesus.. :wacko:

Rom 10:9-10 NIV If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.
ATP, you refuse to make Jesus your Lord. Do you actually think that those who do that will be granted eternal life?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Barrd said:
LOL, Have you ever met someone so confused? He claims to have Living Faith which is "faith which works by love", but in the same breath argues that works have nothing to do with saving faith...incredible!

He refuses to see that Living Faith is faith that is evidenced by God's works in us and conversely claims that the absence of works is evidence of Living Faith.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
Phoneman777 said:
LOL, Have you ever met someone so confused? He claims to have Living Faith which is "faith which works by love", but in the same breath argues that works have nothing to do with saving faith...incredible!

He refuses to see that Living Faith is faith that is evidenced by God's works in us and conversely claims that the absence of works is evidence of Living Faith.
I get confused just trying to follow all of that....

Why, oh why, can he not see the simplicity that is in Christ?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Barrd said:
I get confused just trying to follow all of that....

Why, oh why, can he not see the simplicity that is in Christ?
Love of sin is why most refuse the straight message of "ye must be born again", plain and simple. So, therefore, let's rewrite the book so that we can be saved IN sin instead of FROM sin. That's what it boils down to, B. People don't want to allow the Holy Spirit to change them. They don't want God telling them what to do. They want to continue in their slavish servitude to Satan but want to be clothed with the dignity of the church and the salvation that is granted only to them that are willing to surrender to Jesus - so just rewrite the book!

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
Rom 7:21-25 NIV So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

Phoneman777 said:
ATP, you refuse to make Jesus your Lord. Do you actually think that those who do that will be granted eternal life?
Phoneman, you refuse to accept Jesus into your heart. Do you actually think that those who do not do that will be granted eternal life?

Phoneman777 said:

Once we believe we have eternal life. Either you believe or you don't...John 3:14-16 NIV, John 3:36 NIV, John 4:13-14 NIV, John 5:24 NIV, John 5:39-43 NIV, John 6:40 NIV, John 6:47 NIV, John 6:54 NIV, John 10:25-30 NIV, John 17:1-3 NIV, Acts 13:46-48 NIV, Rom 5:21 NIV, Rom 6:22-23 NIV, Eph 1:13-14 NIV, 2 Thess 2:16-17 NIV, 1 Tim 1:15-16 NIV, Tit 1:1-3 NIV, Tit 3:7 NIV, Heb 9:12 NIV, Heb 9:15 NIV, 1 John 1:1-4 NIV, 1 John 5:9-14 NIV, 1 John 5:20 NIV

We who believe in the doctrine of the perseverance of the saints in no way profess a dead faith, nor are we antinomians...yet when it comes to soteriology we do believe we are saved through the belief of the death of Jesus Christ for our sins and His resurrection. This is the entirety of the gospel for salvation.

What we believe about works is it is the natural progression and out working of being born again. These works do nothing to secure or maintain our salvation. These works are accredited to God as working in and through us.

We do not believe that sin will disqualify any born again believer for the free gift of salvation. All sin is deliberate, yet repentance is the natural working of God in us through the conviction He places on us. We believe as His children we are chastised but not condemned.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Phoneman777 said:
Love of sin is why most refuse
Notice 1 John 3:9 NIV says, "because God's seed remains in them"...

Rom 6:14 NIV For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
1 John 3:6 NIV No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.
1 John 3:9 NIV No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.
1 John 5:18 NIV We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the One who was born of God keeps them safe, and the evil one cannot harm them.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
The Gospel is the hard truth. Few will listen. Matt 22:14 NIV. :(
Few will listen, but that doesn't apply to you, bro because EVERYONE embraces your false doctrine. You are one confused person. It is the MAJORITY, not the MINORITY that listens to you. If you want to be among the few who accept the true Gospel, then you've got to abandon the crowd, for the crowd has never been right

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Phoneman777 said:
Bro, what you are preaching is what the MAJORITY, NOT THE MINORITY believes. If you want to be among those who will be saved, you've got to abandon the crowd, for the crowd has never been right. :wacko:
Uh no, what I am preaching is that we no longer keep on sinning because the seed of God remains in us forever. You're almost there kiddo.

Status
Not open for further replies.