"Salvation" is the gift of Eternal Life - it's FOREVER.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God” (Romans 3:25)

“But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.” (2 Peter 1:9)

Yes...forgiveness of PAST sins....purged from his OLD sins.
Does a man who has accepted Jesus’ forgiveness, of PAST and OLD sins...
Continue to SIN, that he Continues to Require FUTURE Forgiveness for SINS?

NO.

He who continues to SIN and continues to ASK for Forgiveness, is one WHO BELIEVES, (IN God.....or IN Jesus....or IN God AND Jesus is the Christ)....
AND.....NEVER BECOMES CONVERTED “IN” Christ.

WHY? Because that individual IS NOT Accepting JESUS’ BLOOD for that mans ONE TIME PAYMENT for Forgiveness.

IF a man IS Converted ‘IN’ Christ.....forgiven past sins, purged of old sins...
WHAT FUTURE SINS CAN THAT MAN COMMIT AGAINST GOD?
Remember....Gods Spirit IS IN that man...
What IS Gods Spirit doing IN a man, while a man is supposedly “committing” a SIN Against God?

Reactions: ScottA

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is important not to mix those thing that were preached to Israel for Israel, with those things which were preached regarding the "other fold" which Jesus said He "must also bring." We need to remember that the bulk of what Jesus preached was to Israel, who are "the dead in Christ", of whom Jesus was "the Last."

Both the narrative preached to Israel, and the narrative regarding that "other fold" are in the same gospel record, for which Paul preach "the word of truth" (the gospel) must be "rightly divided."

This is the error of those not set free of sin.
Give it a rest please.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OSAS is Biblical. Those who doubt it confuse easy believism with real faith. This is the part that drives me up the wall… i am a believer, i’ve been baptized, member of a church, i’ve even took communion a few times in my life, yet, i am not saved. Not because i lost my salvation, but because i never had it to begin with.

Everyone who denies OSAS makes like getting saved is an easy thing to do, when its not. The fact that the angels rejoice in Heaven every time someone gets saved is proof that its not an easy thing, and that the same power it took for God to create the universe, is the same power it took for someone to be reborn again. the thought that you could ever lose your salvation, is like saying that God could lose control of His creation.

Reactions: Taken

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
OSAS is Biblical. Those who doubt it confuse easy believism with real faith. This is the part that drives me up the wall… i am a believer, i’ve been baptized, member of a church, i’ve even took communion a few times in my life, yet, i am not saved. Not because i lost my salvation, but because i never had it to begin with.

Everyone who denies OSAS makes like getting saved is an easy thing to do, when its not. The fact that the angels rejoice in Heaven every time someone gets saved is proof that its not an easy thing, and that the same power it took for God to create the universe, is the same power it took for someone to be reborn again. the thought that you could ever lose your salvation, is like saying that God could lose control of His creation.
Jesus saved us from our sins by what He did on the cross. Jew and Gentile alike. There is nothing we need to do except believe in Him, in the knowledge that only God, "Jesus Emmanuel," can save us from our sins. Then we need to follow Him all the days of our life, and we are saved eternally. The one thing we must not do is deny that Jesus Emmanuel is God with us, for He is the Saviour of the world. So open up your heart to Jesus and bid Him enter in. Revelation 3:20.

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I want to be a scriptural Christian. The Old Testament is scripture for Christians to learn from and be perfect in the faith.

Paul says so too:

“And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.” (2 Timothy 3:15-17)

So when Paul said that teh law written on tablets of stone was a ministry of death, you believe he was mistaken?

Then be a Scriptural Christian! but you need to learn that while all Scripture is inspired of God, not all Scripture is applicable to all people all the time!

so do you eatr prok, wear mixed faBRICS AND EAT SHELLFISH WHICH ARE ALL COMMANDS NOT TO DO?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What sin would a “bad day” lead you to commit?

And why would a bad day lead to sin?

We should rejoice in bad days!

“Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy. If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified. But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.” (1 Peter 4:12-15)

No I am talking a bad day when you give in to your old nature and choose to sin. According to your misunderstanding of the passages you cited, you are lost forever!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation is the forgiveness of sins. That is your first mistake. Just make sure you are among the wise virgins ready and waiting, and not one of the foolish ones who also believed in God, but were not prepared at the end. Anyway, believe whatever you like, I wish you well, just keep following Jesus all the days of your life and don't do an Adam.
Just a question for you to ponder, but there are many people named Adam in the world, but scripture says this:

And so it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit. 1 Corinthians 15:45

You need to look at the verse in context in order to understand what the Apostle was saying, but why did Paul call Jesus "the last Adam?"

Reactions: ScottA

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Just a question for you to ponder, but there are many people named Adam in the world, but scripture says this:

And so it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit. 1 Corinthians 15:45

You need to look at the verse in context in order to understand what the Apostle was saying, but why did Paul call Jesus "the last Adam?"
Jesus, as the Word is the creator, so Jesus is the First and the last over everything. The other Adam I was referring to was the first human in the garden. So I was saying, not to disobey God, or you might be banished from Paradise. I am sure you knew that anyway. :)

Reactions: michaelvpardo

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Haha, if you need rest--take it.

As for me, if I should stop, the rocks would surely cry out, for it is not me who speaks, but He who is in me!

Jesus said the same as me.

And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God. (Luke 9:62 KJV)
Jesus stressed to this man the commitment necessary to follow Him. One must have a similar determination as a farmer plowing a field, who must do it with all his strength and always looking forward.

Exposition:-
i. In plowing a field in that day, a farmer kept the rows straight by focusing on an object in front and in the distance (such as a tree). If the farmer started to plow and kept looking behind, he would never make straight rows and do a good job plowing. In following Jesus, we are to keep our eyes on Jesus, and never take our eyes off Him. “No ploughman ever ploughed a straight furrow looking back over his shoulder.” (Barclay)

ii. Plowmen also do something else of great importance: they hold on. A plowman who lets go is no plowman at all. “Ploughmen are not usually learned persons, nor are they often poets in disguise. But there is one virtue they possess pre-eminently, and that is the virtue of quietly holding to it.” (Morrison)

ii. More than anyone else, Jesus lived this; He steadfastly set His face to go to Jerusalem (Luk_9:51).

Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. (Hebrews 12:1-2 KJV)

I worry about bad teaching, whatever the subject.

Last edited:

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You contradict yourself.

If I am "in Christ" it is finished. To say it is not, is to say that Christ is not finished-- which you just said He was.

The matter of "enduring to the end", is not what you make of it-- It is not the end of the flesh living in the world. "We who are alive and remain" in the world, have already come to "the End." The End is Jesus. It is no longer we who live, but He who lives. "For me, to live is Christ."

Having quoted both Jesus and Paul, surely you are not "rightly dividing the word of truth", but are mixing what they preached to Israel for Israel, with what they also preached regarding the "other fold" whom Jesus said He "must also bring." Both narratives are in the gospels, but indeed, they must be "rightly divided", or those captives whom Christ came to set free-- are not free. That whole line of thinking makes Jesus out to be a liar.

But, that whole line of thinking is only confusion, for we are free indeed.
Christ doesn't agree with you here.

John chapter 15 discredits this entire thread, and has demolished OSAS for a long, long time.

Christ speaking: "Every branch IN ME (those who are IN CHRIST) that beareth not fruit He taketh away: ... If a man abide not in Me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned."

John 15:2
John 15:6

Case completely and utterly closed.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Haha, if you need rest--take it.

As for me, if I should stop, the rocks would surely cry out, for it is not me who speaks, but He who is in me!
Please.

.... he who is in YOU may speak falsehood about God's Word, but not even rocks would cry out to support this nonsense.

Reactions: Cooper

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is so preposterous for the MANY, including big name Preachers, who go around everywhere claiming 'Once Saved Always Saved', to claim that a saved Christian can't be lost. The majority of churches today teach this absolute chicanery.

Here's how simple it is:
Would you ever claim that Christians, those who follow Christ Jesus with all their effort, are more holy than the holy angels?

Nobody would waste their time trying to convince people of that.

Yet the OSAS crowd is claiming just that.

Did the angels of God not get severely punished for their wrong doing in Heaven?

There ya go.

It's preposterous.

If an angel of heaven can be lost, you better believe a faulty human Christian with the best of intentions can be lost. It's kinda what the entire Bible is about.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michiah-Imla

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Give it a rest please.

Jesus said the same as me.
And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God. (Luke 9:62 KJV)

Exposition:-
Jesus stressed to this man the commitment necessary to follow Him. One must have a similar determination as a farmer plowing a field, who must do it with all his strength and always looking forward.

i. In plowing a field in that day, a farmer kept the rows straight by focusing on an object in front and in the distance (such as a tree). If the farmer started to plow and kept looking behind, he would never make straight rows and do a good job plowing. In following Jesus, we are to keep our eyes on Jesus, and never take our eyes off Him. “No ploughman ever ploughed a straight furrow looking back over his shoulder.” (Barclay)

ii. Plowmen also do something else of great importance: they hold on. A plowman who lets go is no plowman at all. “Ploughmen are not usually learned persons, nor are they often poets in disguise. But there is one virtue they possess pre-eminently, and that is the virtue of quietly holding to it.” (Morrison)

ii. More than anyone else, Jesus lived this; He steadfastly set His face to go to Jerusalem (Luk_9:51).

Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. (Hebrews 12:1-2 KJV)
Well, which is it..."rest" or "plow?"

You said, "give it a rest", He said "plow."

The problem with your Exposition, is you have presented it not as "My burden is light", but as "works."

Jesus did not contradict Himself to say "plow" and also "My burden is light." But rather that His light burden is rest to those who are weary and heavy laden, but requires an "all in" commitment. Which, if done fully, leaves nothing to be done-- not requiring that we give all in a laborsome life, but rather, that He gave all.

Again, this whole idea of those who have been set free and given rest, needing to go back into captivity and works to workout their own salvation, comes from not "rightly dividing the word of truth"--which is the gospel of Jesus given to two different "folds" (two different groups) by two different narratives.

It was to Israel that Jesus preached "But he who endures to the end shall be saved", because they would not receive salvation until after death in the flesh. But those "who are alive and remain", who are born again of the spirit of God before death in the flesh, He did not preach to them--not to that "other fold", for He had only come for the house of Israel. However, He did explain how He would come to that other fold, which is by the Helper, and by Him knocking at the door, that He would come in to them...not by works or endurance, but by hearing and answering. All of which must be rightly divided in the word of truth, or you grieve the Holy Spirit who was to come when Jesus went to the Father--not when death comes to all flesh.

But none of this will be understandable if one does not understand that Jesus spoke to "the first" ("the dead in Christ", which was Israel, who died in the flesh) and also to "the last" ("the living in Christ" who receive life everlasting while "alive and remaining" in the world), saying, "But many who are first will be last, and the last first." It is these two groups which make for two different narratives, that require the word of truth be "rightly divided."

These things Jesus, the apostles, and Paul preached two thousand years ago. Yet, sadly, most still "turn again to the weak and beggarly elements, to which you desire again to be in bondage."

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please.

.... he who is in YOU may speak falsehood about God's Word, but not even rocks would cry out to support this nonsense.
There is a term for those who preach to "follow", and then when they do, say it is falsehood. Jesus used it often.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is so preposterous for the MANY, including big name Preachers, who go around everywhere claiming 'Once Saved Always Saved', to claim that a saved Christian can't be lost. The majority of churches today teach this absolute chicanery.

Here's how simple it is:
Would you ever claim that Christians, those who follow Christ Jesus with all their effort, are more holy than the holy angels?

Nobody would waste their time trying to convince people of that.

Yet the OSAS crowd is claiming just that.

Did the angels of God not get severely punished for their wrong doing in Heaven?

There ya go.

It's preposterous.

If an angel of heaven can be lost, you better believe a faulty human Christian with the best of intentions can be lost. It's kinda what the entire Bible is about.
Sounds like you need a dictionary.

Saved means saved.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saved means saved.

You need scriptures to learn what being “saved” means.

You are “saved” only if you continue in the faith grounded settled and not moved away.

“And you… hath he reconciled In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel” (Colossians 1:21-23)

Reactions: GEN2REV

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need scriptures to learn what being “saved” means.

You are “saved” only if you continue in the faith grounded settled and not moved away.

“And you… hath he reconciled In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel” (Colossians 1:21-23)
That is a complete misrepresentation of salvation and what it means to be saved biblically. (You have not understood what Paul was saying. He was speaking to those whom Christ had made a way for salvation, "to present" --read it again, it's future tense.)

Salvation comes to those who God comes in to: "I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one." It is no longer they who live but God who lives. A person whom God has not come in to is not saved. But God being the life of a saved person, cannot loose His salvation: God cannot loose His salvation, He is salvation.

Last edited:

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

true. But those who are genuinely saved wont fall away. Those that do, were never saved to begin with. To deny OSAS, is to deny that false converts exist. The thought that people need to gain their salvation 20 times a day is preposterous.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a term for those who preach to "follow", and then when they do, say it is falsehood. Jesus used it often.

Sounds like you need a dictionary.

Saved means saved.

true. But those who are genuinely saved wont fall away. Those that do, were never saved to begin with. To deny OSAS, is to deny that false converts exist. The thought that people need to gain their salvation 20 times a day is preposterous.

And on and on it goes....

The irony is that God Himself could be here explaining where and how they're mistaken and they'd deaf-ear it and refuse to accept the Truth.

As a matter of fact, He is here ... doing just that ... by His Words being presented over and over, but the OSAS Soldiers will never falter. It HAS to be OSAS. There is no compromise. Bible be darned, it is OSAS or nothing.

That is actually a stark indicator of Christian sincerity as well. When someone refuses, beyond all reason, to acknowledge scripture's correction, there is something woefully wrong with their Christian walk. We should ALL desire to be corrected by His Words. Not adamantly refuse to hear them.

Yet, it is what it is and it's gon' be what it's gon' be. ;)

Revelation 22:11

Reactions: Michiah-Imla