"Salvation" is the gift of Eternal Life - it's FOREVER.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Israel were cut off from God, and so are all those who follow a different teacher, in your case Calvin.

LOL, who is Calvin .... and by what authority do you dictate whom I follow?

Last edited:
Reactions: michaelvpardo

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2. You will continue to sin everyday after today.
2. Guaranteed!!
Not everyday.
3. You cant stop sinning.
3. Even after you’re saved, you WILL continue to sin. Guaranteed.
Where are you getting all these GUARANTEES? Care to share some scripture to bolster your passionate claim?

Here's some to refute it.

John 5:14 Jesus tells a blind man that He healed to go forth and sin no more.
John 8:11 Jesus tells a woman He saved from being stoned to death for adultery to go forth and sin no more.
Matthew 5:48 Jesus tells His disciples to strive for perfection.

YOUR god must be an evil, torturous monster if you believe he said these things while GUARANTEEING that nobody could stop sinning.

Let me take a look at those verses that make that claim. I must've missed those over the many years of Bible study.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean, the plain teaching of Jesus is hard to understand!
Some of Jesus' teaching was plain, but the parables are intentionally obscure, being intended for ears open to the spiritual meaning, because judgment had come to the Jews as "the time of His visitation. "

10 And the disciples came and said to Him, “Why do You speak to them in parables?”

11 He answered and said to them, “Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. 12 For whoever has, to him more will be given, and he will have abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him. 13 Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. 14 And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says:

‘Hearing you will hear and shall not understand,
And seeing you will see and not perceive;
15 For the hearts of this people have grown dull.
Their ears are hard of hearing,
And their eyes they have closed,
Lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears,
Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn,
So that I should heal them.’
Matthew 13:10-15

While understanding the parables doesn't divide the saved from the unsaved, it does divide the spiritual from the carnal minded and we all start out with carnal minds.
It helps to read what Isaiah was talking about, because Jesus was teaching from the law and the prophets all the time (and primarily preaching to Jews under the law of Moses.)

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Some of Jesus' teaching was plain, but the parables are intentionally obscure, being intended for ears open to the spiritual meaning, because judgment had come to the Jews as "the time of His visitation. "

10 And the disciples came and said to Him, “Why do You speak to them in parables?”

11 He answered and said to them, “Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. 12 For whoever has, to him more will be given, and he will have abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him. 13 Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. 14 And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says:

While understanding the parables doesn't divide the saved from the unsaved, it does divide the spiritual from the carnal minded and we all start out with carnal minds.
It helps to read what Isaiah was talking about, because Jesus was teaching from the law and the prophets all the time (and primarily preaching to Jews under the law of Moses.)
Yes, even the disciples needed the parables explaining. This is what happens when things get exciting. Make a note to self and slap wrist. :)

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

He spoke before crowds in parables, but not only did He always explain the parable to His disciples later, but He explained them for the Bible reader as well.

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
He spoke before crowds in parables, but not only did He always explain the parable to His disciples later, but He explained them for the Bible reader as well.
Yes, and the Bible reader, from nearly 2000 years ago, depending on when the New Testament was completed, did not need Calvin to explain them, otherwise thousands of souls would have been lost. So let us worship at the Fountain Head, from whom flows rivers of living water.

In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. (John 7:37 KJV)

God is good. Thank you, Lord.

Night all.

Last edited:

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not really, some of the parables were indeed explained in the gospels, but not all of them. I don't doubt that He taught His disciples their meaning and I don't doubt that the Holy Spirit continues to do so to all who have an ear to hear.

However, that which is spiritual is written to the church, and I'm afraid for similar reasons, a division in judgment.
Some interpret grace as a license to sin, some as freedom to live in His righteousness.

22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’ Matthew 7:22-23

You'll never find me making an argument for "works" righteousness. I know beyond any question of doubt, that I have no hope of salvation but upon His mercy and grace.
However, His mercy and grace lead to salvation.

Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance? Romans 2 :4

and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you
. 2 Peter 3:15

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not everyday.Where are you getting all these GUARANTEES? Care to share some scripture to bolster your passionate claim?

Here's some to refute it.

John 5:14 Jesus tells a blind man that He healed to go forth and sin no more.
John 8:11 Jesus tells a woman He saved from being stoned to death for adultery to go forth and sin no more.
Matthew 5:48 Jesus tells His disciples to strive for perfection.

YOUR god must be an evil, torturous monster if you believe he said these things while GUARANTEEING that nobody could stop sinning.

Let me take a look at those verses that make that claim. I must've missed those over the many years of Bible study.

Romans 7:15
Romans 7:19
1 john 1:8

thats a few. If paul continued to sin, i GUARANTEE you will too. We CANNOT stop from sinning everyday. Even if we moved to a mountain top and lived by ourselves, we would still sin everyday. We are sinners. All of us, and john said if we say we dont sin, we arent saved.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Guarantees anywhere.
We CANNOT stop from sinning everyday. Even if we moved to a mountain top and lived by ourselves, we would still sin everyday. We are sinners. All of us,
YOU have embraced sinning; your name shouts that. Sadly, God will not hear your cries for guidance and instruction.
John 9:31
Isaiah 59:2
Psalms 1:1
Psalms 1:5
and john said if we say we dont sin, we arent saved.
This I gotta see. Go ahead.

Post your proof. Verses or whatever nonsense evidence you have for this one.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

thats a few. If paul continued to sin, i GUARANTEE you will too. We CANNOT stop from sinning everyday. Even if we moved to a mountain top and lived by ourselves, we would still sin everyday. We are sinners. All of us, and john said if we say we dont sin, we arent saved.
As a young child reading scripture, I thought that I had to become a sinner in order to be saved, because I didnt recognize sin in myself, but if we'd been Jews under the law, my parents would have been justified to drag me before the "city gates", declare my rebellion, and have me stoned to death.
Its very easy to identify sinful behavior in others, but not so much in ourselves. That's where self-righteousness comes from and the defining origin of hypocrisy.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Guarantees anywhere.
YOU have embraced sinning; your name shouts that. Sadly, God will not hear your cries for guidance and instruction.
John 9:31
Isaiah 59:2
Psalms 1:1
Psalms 1:5
This I gotta see. Go ahead.

Post your proof. Verses or whatever nonsense evidence you have for this one.

1 john 1:8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.

what is the truth? Jesus. If you say you dont sin, then you make a liar out of God. That is proof that you arent saved. Theres another wackydoodle running around here by the name of robert derrick who also believes he never sins. If you think you dont sin, you arent saved. John couldnt make it any simpler.