"Salvation" is the gift of Eternal Life - it's FOREVER.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus did not open the door my friend. He said it is finished. Paid in full. He took what was against us, contrary to us and nailed it to the cross

Yu can’t pay for sin my friend

The penalty of sin is death, the gift of God is eternal life. Through christ.

It appears you have not yet repented. You still somehow think you can save yourself. Your problem runs deeper than the fact that Jesus is the great I am, and word, and the son of man, which you reject. Your problem is you reject also what he did.

Before you tell others to repent. My advise is you repent.

Hebrews 10:26--No sacrafice left for any who practice sin( work iniquity), and at judgement those who do practice sin will hear these words from Jesus( Matthew 7:22-23) He tells them-- Get away from me you who work iniquity i must confess i never even knew you. And these are those believe their christian. You need new teachers, you have found these-2Corinthians 11:12-15

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A true Christian should be able to talk about their love of God and their faith and trust in him without quoting so much scripture. We should be able to tell people, in words they can understand, why and how we became Christians and what God has done for us and where we have been led by the Holy Spirit. @theefaith has not been able to do that so it seems to me he is missing out in a big way.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's walk through it. For which I will ask you:

• Was Jesus wrong to give the Holy Spirit the title of "Helper" and to call Him "He" (John 14:16), as one would speak of a person? Or was He wrong to command his disciples, saying, "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit...?"
If you answer No, your claims are in error. If you answer Yes, then you are against Christ.​

But let's continue:
  • Was God called "Our Father" (Matthew 6:9) before or after Jesus referred to Him as such?
  • Did the Father say, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased” (Matthew 3:17) before or after Jesus came into His ministry?
  • Did Jesus say "that they may know You [Father], the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent" (John 17:3), before or after Pentecost and the Spirit first being poured out upon all flesh according to the prophesy of Joel?
Let us reason then, that your claim seems to be based on the definition and understanding of God, only according to what was before each addition came, i.e., before the Father was the Father, before the Son was the Son, and also before the Spirit was known as He, the Holy Spirit. However, redefining the fulness of God is exactly what has occurred, each in their own time by revelation. All of which shows you to be stuck between the Son and the Spirit...just as Israel was and is stuck between the LORD and the Lord. Do you now see the error?

There are other things that arent living beings referred to in ways of a living being in the bible. One can believe Jesus or not. We all choose the path we walk. Few will find the road.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is that little thingy.....called ACCEPTING Jesus’ Offering of Forgiveness.

To those who repent and turn around, not to any who practice sin-Hebrews 10:26--No sacrafice left for any who practice sin.

Reactions: Pearl

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A true Christian should be able to talk about their love of God and their faith and trust in him without quoting so much scripture. We should be able to tell people, in words they can understand, why and how we became Christians and what God has done for us and where we have been led by the Holy Spirit. @theefaith has not been able to do that so it seems to me he is missing out in a big way.

Jesus said--Man does not live by bread alone but by EVERY utterance from God.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I want to be a scriptural Christian. The Old Testament is scripture for Christians to learn from and be perfect in the faith.

Paul says so too:

“And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.” (2 Timothy 3:15-17)

Paul taught JEWS and GENTILES.
From the time JEWS were little children, they were taught the holy scriptures that had been written......the OT.
Gentiles in Paul’s day, were NOT raised with the OT holy scriptures.
Gentiles had HEARD ABOUT the Jewish God, but knew very little about Him.

So no, that part of Paul’s message was to Jews, not Gentiles.

To divide the word of TRUTH, believe all scripture IS TRUE....but study and show yourself approved, that you know what words IN Scripture applies to you and what words in Scripture do not applies to you.

You identify yourself as a Christian.....why would what Paul said to the Jews apply to you?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To those who repent and turn around, not to any who practice sin-Hebrews 10:26--No sacrafice left for any who practice sin.

Be more specific....
Who is SIN AGAINST?...that one is “repenting and turning around” from?
What exactly is the SIN?...that one “repents of and turns around from”?
Who exactly is FORGIVING that SIN?... one “repents and turns around from”?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only when we die!

matt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Matthew 10:22
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Mark 13:13
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

Heb 6:11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:

1. Romans 11:22 – God’s kindness, if you continue in His kindness

2. Colossians 1:21-23 – holy and blameless, if you continue in the faith"

3. The race of faith: the example of Paul

4. Hebrews 12:22-25: "we shall not escape if we turn away from Him"

5. Hebrews 4:1-3, 9-12: "strive to enter the rest of God"

6.Hebrews 6:4-9 – those who became partakers of the holy spirit and fell away

7. Hebrews 10:23-29, 35-39: "if we sin willfully", "if anyone draws back".

8. Matthew 24:13: He that endures to the end, the same shall be saved

9. Hebrews 3:4-6: Holding fast our confidence firm until the end

10. Matthew 24:13: "But the one who endures to the end will be saved"

11. 1 John 2:24-25 – "if what you heard from the beginning abides in you"

12. 2 John 8-9 : to "everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ

13. 2 Peter 1:5-11 : "Make every effort to supplement your faith"

14. Philippians 2:12-16: "work out your salvation with fear and trembling"

15. 1 Timothy 6:10-16: the love of money

16. Galatians 5:2-4 "Severed from Christ"

17. 2 Timothy 2:11-13: "if we deny him, he will also deny us"

18. James 5:19-20: the wandered brother

19. Some will abandon the faith

20. 1 Timothy 5:8: "he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever"

22. The real family of Jesus: "Those who hear the Word of God and do it"

23. 1 Corinthians 5:5: "so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord"

24. Peter 2: "It would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness"

25. Jude: "Turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness" - a much relevant warning

26. 1 Cor. 9:27 ....Lest I myself might become a castaway

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

So salvation by “faith alone” is completely false and impossible!
This has already been discussed.

This is the issue of "rightly dividing the world of truth", which you have not done. There are "the dead in Christ", and also "the living in Christ." But you have mixed the two, when they actually come to Christ differently. Thus Paul's counsel to correctly handle the word of truth, as they were on the historical cusp of "passing from death to life", of which Jesus is the Beginning and the End.

So, it is only when "the dead in Christ" die, who must endure to the end, in the way that you made it appear.

However, as for "the living in Christ" this is still true-- but not in the way you have presented it. The living rather, come to "the end" by dying to the flesh: "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me." If then, we have come to Christ, whether in death or in life, we have come to the end-- as Christ is the End.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 10:26--No sacrafice left for any who practice sin( work iniquity), and at judgement those who do practice sin will hear these words from Jesus( Matthew 7:22-23) He tells them-- Get away from me you who work iniquity i must confess i never even knew you. And these are those believe their christian. You need new teachers, you have found these-2Corinthians 11:12-15
You are not "rightly handling the word of truth."

What you have quoted only pertains to "the dead in Christ" of whom Christ was the Last. But for we of whom He is "the First born of many sons" born of the spirit of God, "it is finished", for we "have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer we who live, but Christ lives in us."

However, for those who believe that it is not finished, it indeed is not. And it is these who purpose to crucify Christ daily "until the end", which they themselves have not yet seen. Which testimony is against themselves.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are other things that arent living beings referred to in ways of a living being in the bible. One can believe Jesus or not. We all choose the path we walk. Few will find the road.
There is no honest reckoning in that response.

The scriptures say that the by the same measure we use, so shall it be measured to us. So be it.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

defending thee faith is not the same as sharing thee faith

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus did not open the door my friend. He said it is finished. Paid in full. He took what was against us, contrary to us and nailed it to the cross

Yu can’t pay for sin my friend

The penalty of sin is death, the gift of God is eternal life. Through christ.

It appears you have not yet repented. You still somehow think you can save yourself. Your problem runs deeper than the fact that Jesus is the great I am, and word, and the son of man, which you reject. Your problem is you reject also what he did.

Before you tell others to repent. My advise is you repent.

what is the “IT” you are referring to?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This has already been discussed.

This is the issue of "rightly dividing the world of truth", which you have not done. There are "the dead in Christ", and also "the living in Christ." But you have mixed the two, when they actually come to Christ differently. Thus Paul's counsel to correctly handle the word of truth, as they were on the historical cusp of "passing from death to life", of which Jesus is the Beginning and the End.

So, it is only when "the dead in Christ" die, who must endure to the end, in the way that you made it appear.

However, as for "the living in Christ" this is still true-- but not in the way you have presented it. The living rather, come to "the end" by dying to the flesh: "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me." If then, we have come to Christ, whether in death or in life, we have come to the end-- as Christ is the End.

the dead in Christ are already dead, those who are baptized Christians who have physically died, baptized Christians who are still alive are to endure to the end, or death!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John says whoever practices sin has never seen God or known God. however is born of God cannot sin.

You need to resolve the two passages.

if a child of God can not practice sin, then Heb 10 is not written to those born of God.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be more specific....
Who is SIN AGAINST?...that one is “repenting and turning around” from?
What exactly is the SIN?...that one “repents of and turns around from”?
Who exactly is FORGIVING that SIN?... one “repents and turns around from”?

These unacceptable sins-1Corinthians 6:9-11,, Galations 5:19-21--Both spots teach-will NOT enter Gods kingdom. If one practices 1 of them-Paul mentioned spiritism, The greek word = Farmacia, So drug addiction is apart of that. So both those lists and all the false god worship on earth = 99% of all mortals practice at least 1 of them. That is why-FEW will find the road.
Noahs day violence and immoral sex was the reason God destroyed all of those 99.9%

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not "rightly handling the word of truth."

What you have quoted only pertains to "the dead in Christ" of whom Christ was the Last. But for we of whom He is "the First born of many sons" born of the spirit of God, "it is finished", for we "have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer we who live, but Christ lives in us."

However, for those who believe that it is not finished, it indeed is not. And it is these who purpose to crucify Christ daily "until the end", which they themselves have not yet seen. Which testimony is against themselves.

You best believe Jesus at Matt 7:22-23-- he said truth. And all those think they were saved and believed.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no honest reckoning in that response.

The scriptures say that the by the same measure we use, so shall it be measured to us. So be it.

Jesus said Few will find the road. Do you agree with him? Matthew 7:13-14

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John says whoever practices sin has never seen God or known God. however is born of God cannot sin.

You need to resolve the two passages.

if a child of God can not practice sin, then Heb 10 is not written to those born of God.

Exactly if one practices a sin, no matter what they believe or if a man tells them they are saved, they arent. They arent born of God like they believe or are told they are. They are just fooling themselves.