"Salvation" is the gift of Eternal Life - it's FOREVER.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Passover lamb is not refered to here?

Christ was intstituting the new covenant in his own blood as the high priest
Actually what is referred to here is the lamb of sacrifice which was the atoning lamb. Which the priest once a year went into the holy of holies.

What was the lamb sacrificed for?

Again, John said behold the lamb of God. Who does what

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are still looking at SIN, as acts between men, toward men.
SIN in DISBELIEF in the Lord God Almighty. Period.

IF a man BELIEVES, God Spirit is WITH that man.
IF a man STOPS Believing God Spirit is NOT WITH that man.
Jesus offered a BELIEVING man, “A WAY”, to NEVER Stop BELIEVING.
That WAY, is called ‘CONVERSION’...period.
WHEN a “conversion” occurs....Gods Spirit ENTERS “IN” that man, and by Gods Spirit (POWER) Keeps that man Forever IN BELIEF in the whole of God.
(Lord God Almighty)

A man “WITH” God......can fall away.............NOT SAVED
A man “WITH” God......can sin—->ie CAN REJECT God.

A man “IN” God..........can Never fall away....IS SAVED forever. <— OSAS
A man “IN” God..........can NEVER AGAIN SIN—->ie CAN NEVER REJECT God.
Sin by defenition is the greek word hamarte

By defenition it means “to miss the mark”

That is what sin is. Anything that falls short of Gods standard is sin.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. John the Baptist was not revealing the Passover lamb or a new covenant.
John the Baptist was revealing “his” Water Baptism and “the The Lamb of Gods” Holy Spirit Baptism.

Off point. Christ is not John the Baptist.

It is finished

the “it” is Passover
That’s what the high priest must say at the end of the Passover and Christ was wearing a seamless garment that was required of the high priest!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I shared the 2 lists God will not accept. When one knows its a sin and keeps on doing it = practicing a sin. But there will be no excuse for those who do not know what God wont accept. The bible has been there for centuries.
You missed the whole point

He who believes is not condemned

He who does not believe is condemned already because they have not believed

A non believer will practice sin, its all they know. But they are not condemned because of those sins, they are condemned because they did nto believe

A believer can not practice sin because they have been born of God

They are not saved because they do not practice sin, they are saved because they believed

Sin is the result of ones faith or lack of faith. It is a byproduct.

Faith or lack of faith is the ONLY difference between a believer and non believer as far as what makes a person saved.

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You best believe Jesus at Matt 7:22-23-- he said truth. And all those think they were saved and believed.
This again is just a misunderstanding of yet another passage of scripture.

Below in Matthew 7:22-23, you have misunderstood what Jesus meant by "knew." In biblical terms, and here in the context of the bride and the Bridegroom in marriage, "knew" means that the Bridegroom "never" came into those would-be brides. In other words, they were never born again of the spirit of God, and therefore, not saved.

"Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’" Matthew 7:22-23​

So...again you have jumped to the wrong conclusion, resulting in a false doctrine--which is not the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin by defenition is the greek word hamarte

By defenition it means “to miss the mark”

That is what sin is. Anything that falls short of Gods standard is sin.

And what IS the MARK?
WITH God or WITHOUT God.
BELIEVE or NOT BELIEVE.

No middle ground....Yes or No.
Matt 12:
[30] He that is not with me is against me...

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is finished

the “it” is Passover
That’s what the high priest must say at the end of the Passover and Christ was wearing a seamless garment that was required of the high priest!

IGNORE....The post was about John the Baptist.
Your wandering off point is irrelevant.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So John said, behold the lamb of God, who is the passover sacrifice?

Again, What did John say he came to do?

that’s the whole point of the lamb of God
The Passover sacrifice
Christ is both priest and victim

it is finished

the “it” is the Passover sacrifice

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually what is referred to here is the lamb of sacrifice which was the atoning lamb. Which the priest once a year went into the holy of holies.

What was the lamb sacrificed for?

Again, John said behold the lamb of God. Who does what

that is the Passover sacrifice of Christ

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ is high priest wearing the seamless garment of the high priest
The cross is the door post and lentil
The words the high priest must say at the end of the Passover sacrifice is “it is finished”!

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are implying SIN is acts between men, it isn’t.
SIN is Disbelief IN God.

Sin is worship to satan. 1Cor 6:9-11,, Galations 5:19-21--both spots teach--will not enter Gods kingdom if one practices one of these. And with all the false god worship on top of it= 99% on the earth.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You missed the whole point

He who believes is not condemned

He who does not believe is condemned already because they have not believed

A non believer will practice sin, its all they know. But they are not condemned because of those sins, they are condemned because they did nto believe

A believer can not practice sin because they have been born of God

They are not saved because they do not practice sin, they are saved because they believed

Sin is the result of ones faith or lack of faith. It is a byproduct.

Faith or lack of faith is the ONLY difference between a believer and non believer as far as what makes a person saved.

And Jesus teaches the opposite--Matthew 7:22-23--These believe 100%-- they work iniquity( practice a sin) Many Jaws will be dropped to the floor believing as you do. You need new teachers.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This again is just a misunderstanding of yet another passage of scripture.

Below in Matthew 7:22-23, you have misunderstood what Jesus meant by "knew." In biblical terms, and here in the context of the bride and the Bridegroom in marriage, "knew" means that the Bridegroom "never" came into those would-be brides. In other words, they were never born again of the spirit of God, and therefore, not saved.

"Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’" Matthew 7:22-23​

So...again you have jumped to the wrong conclusion, resulting in a false doctrine--which is not the gospel of Jesus Christ.

You should learn to understand english without twisting it. One who works iniquity is one who practices a sin=100% guarantee.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Salvation" is the gift of Eternal Life - it's FOREVER.
OP^

AMEN!

* Receive it NOW, before your physical death, by Gods Power “in” you assures, it is FOREVER. <—- ACCOMPLISHED

* Receive it AT PHYSICAL DEATH, it by your power “if” you can keep Believing. <—— VULNERABLE ...can fall away.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin is worship to satan. 1Cor 6:9-11,, Galations 5:19-21--both spots teach--will not enter Gods kingdom if one practices one of these. And with all the false god worship on top of it= 99% on the earth.

SIN is disbelief in God. Period.
What a person DOES who Does not Believe....are commission of SINS

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IGNORE....The post was about John the Baptist.
Your wandering off point is irrelevant.

it was et who is off topic saying it is finished refers to the finished work of Christ
And by some bizarre twist he thinks it refers to Faith alone

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what IS the MARK?
WITH God or WITHOUT God.
BELIEVE or NOT BELIEVE.

No middle ground....Yes or No.
Matt 12:
[30] He that is not with me is against me...
the mark is simple

Whoever keeps the whole law yet offends in one point is guilty

The mark is perfection.

Only one hum has kept that mark and that was Jesus.

everyone else has fallen short.

Gods standard of righteousness is perfect. If we do anything that falls outside that standard, we have sinned.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that’s the whole point of the lamb of God
The Passover sacrifice
Christ is both priest and victim

it is finished

the “it” is the Passover sacrifice
you continue to want to ignore what John said, its ok though, You go by what you have been taught, so I have to assume you do not know any better

John 1:29
The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!

When Jesus said paid in full. this is what he meant, He paid for (took away) the sin of the world, As paul said, he took what was contrary to us, against us and took it out of the way having nailed it to the cross.

What did he take that was against us? the penalty of sin.

The Passover lamb caused the angel of death to passover the house and the first born was saved.

Thin of this

he was not saved because he was good. Because he did works, because he did sacraments. He was saved because the family through faith sacrificed an innocent lamb

it goes the same for the sacrifice on the day of atonement.

The sins of the high priest and Israel were taken away because of the lamb, Not because they were good, not because they did works or did sacraments. But because a lamb was slaughtered and his blood pours on the ark of the covenant.

both of these examples totally destroy your sacramental works for salvation theory of salvation. Because in both OT examples. sin was not paid for by how good a person was or what they did, they were taken away because an innocent created was slaughtered.

This goes all the way back to Adam. How was their nakedness (sin) covered?

God slaughtered an animal. spilt its blood and covered Adam and eve.

Not because they were good. Not because they did works or did sacraments but because of gods grace.

Grace is picture all over the OT. Sadly, Your church has perverted what Grace really is, and inspite of the evidence. continues to lead people astray.

Once again, I beg of you. to study!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Jesus teaches the opposite--Matthew 7:22-23--These believe 100%-- they work iniquity( practice a sin) Many Jaws will be dropped to the floor believing as you do. You need new teachers.
so your saying people born of God practice sin?

Jesus contradicted John? Woo said whoever is born of God does not practice sin, whoever does has never seen or known God?

Many jews will droop to the floor. I agree. but it will not be mine. My God saved me, I am a new creature, as such, I am unable nore do I desire to practice sin, because

1. Sin is now poison to my spirit
2. I have the chastening of God and who can resist?

You need to explain yourself. why you think inspite of what Jesus said. it is not just those who believe that are not condemned.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Drunkenness is disbelief?