"Salvation" is the gift of Eternal Life - it's FOREVER.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said the one who sent him is-THE ONLY TRUE GOD-John 17:3 and the Father sent Jesus.
The holy spirit was a go between. God was seeking the answer. The holy spirit isnt a person.
The JW teachers were allowed in the catholic archives and found proof- the catholic Jerusalem bible-says-The water, spirit and blood are the 3 that bear witness in 1John5:7-- there is no trinity God. The new catholic encyclopedia says the appostles had no clue of a trinity God.
If Jesus was not God, your still dead in your sin

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Repentence and turning around( stopping the doing of a sin) gets sin blotted out. Acts 3:19
Um it goes far deeper than this my friend

The cross is what redeemed your sins

If CHrist was mer man, and not God. Your sins was never remitted. You can repent until your blue in the face. Your still dead in your sins.

Only God can redeem mankind of all sin. Mere mortal man can not do that. At best Jesus could have paid for one mans sin

Reactions: Renniks

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God disguised many things in his written word. The housed ivided that will not stand twist it all into oblivion because they do not have the Holy spirit. The one religion Jesus is with-1Cor 1:10) proves it is 1, has the holy spirit.
You have not reconciled the two different subjects of scripture, but only picked one and disregarded the other. All that does is mean you have jumped to the end beyond where are not and where Jesus said we cannot yet go. And this you do for lack of understanding, against what the scriptures say in full and what I have told you.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Um it goes far deeper than this my friend

The cross is what redeemed your sins

If CHrist was mer man, and not God. Your sins was never remitted. You can repent until your blue in the face. Your still dead in your sins.

Only God can redeem mankind of all sin. Mere mortal man can not do that. At best Jesus could have paid for one mans sin

Jesus death opened the door to all, Few step through it because they do not repent. Many of the trinity religions teach Jesus death covers all sin, and it is not true.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have not reconciled the two different subjects of scripture, but only picked one and disregarded the other. All that does is mean you have jumped to the end beyond where are not and where Jesus said we cannot yet go. And this you do for lack of understanding, against what the scriptures say in full and what I have told you.

You have said little, mostly mumbo jumbo with little meaning. I allready told you the bible is a two edged sword--yet its only 1 truth. It has good newsfor the righteous and bad news for the wicked-that is 1 truth.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If Jesus was not God, your still dead in your sin
Not only that, but unless the cultists believe that Jesus is the "I AM" -- the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob -- they shall die in their sins. Jesus also said "Before Abraham was I AM". That should have been capitalized in every English translation, but the translators failed in this regard.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have said little, mostly mumbo jumbo with little meaning. I allready told you the bible is a two edged sword--yet its only 1 truth. It has good newsfor the righteous and bad news for the wicked-that is 1 truth.
That is fine, but it does not address the issues that have come up in this thread and topic. You are lumping together things regarding salvation that we are counseled to properly handle (rightly divide). What you are doing has the effect of taking away from that one truth you speak of.

But I have no desire to argue the idea that there is only one truth. That is not at all what I am doing by reckoning with the greater truth in detail that speaks of two different groups coming to salvation in Christ by different means that must be distinctly handled, rather than combined before they are combined by Jesus "in the air", which is to say, "at His coming."

So, let us not argue about the one truth which we both agree upon, but also not pass over those things that God has not passed over in the scriptures, that we may give way to the fullness therein.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is fine, but it does not address the issues that have come up in this thread and topic. You are lumping together things regarding salvation that we are counseled to properly handle (rightly divide). What you are doing has the effect of taking away from that one truth you speak of.

But I have no desire to argue the idea that there is only one truth. That is not at all what I am doing by reckoning with the greater truth in detail that speaks of two different groups coming to salvation in Christ by different means that must be distinctly handled, rather than combined before they are combined by Jesus "in the air", which is to say, "at His coming."

So, let us not argue about the one truth which we both agree upon, but also not pass over those things that God has not passed over in the scriptures, that we may give way to the fullness therein.

Yes there are 2 groups, yet 1 flock--The little flock( Luke 12:32) and the other sheep)John 10:16)= the great crowd which no man can number(Rev 7:9)--Which means the little flock is numbered( Rev 14:3) = 144,000 are bought from the earth.) The rest stay on earth and are brought into Gods kingdom on earth. Prov 2:21-22-Matt 24:22)

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said the one who sent him is-THE ONLY TRUE GOD-John 17:3 and the Father sent Jesus.
The holy spirit was a go between. God was seeking the answer. The holy spirit isnt a person.
The JW teachers were allowed in the catholic archives and found proof- the catholic Jerusalem bible-says-The water, spirit and blood are the 3 that bear witness in 1John5:7-- there is no trinity God. The new catholic encyclopedia says the appostles had no clue of a trinity God.
What this assumes is that men directed God, rather than the other way around. But it is rather God whom has dominion over His own word, not those/we men who are prone to lose our way. This is in spite of our weaknesses, that by our weakness, He is made perfect.

For this reason Jesus told us to do as the priests say, but not as they do. By this we are not deceived, but included in the knowledge that such are the providence of God, and also why we have been counseled to beware of the teachings of men. So, we do not need to discuss what we know are the errors of those who went before, but should give God the glory for having brought us closer than they to all truth. That in spite of men's secrecy, God has revealed the fulness of Himself: first the Father, then the Son, and finally, the Holy Spirit (whom Christ called "He").

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes there are 2 groups, yet 1 flock--The little flock( Luke 12:32) and the other sheep)John 10:16)= the great crowd which no man can number(Rev 7:9)--Which means the little flock is numbered( Rev 14:3) = 144,000 are bought from the earth.) The rest stay on earth and are brought into Gods kingdom on earth. Prov 2:21-22-Matt 24:22)
Yes, that is what is written. But by your words, it is apparent that you do not full understand what you have quoted, while there is a greater spiritual meaning which you seem to be reluctant to enter into.

I recommend you stop resisting the Holy Spirit (Acts 7:51). This is His hour.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What this assumes is that men directed God, rather than the other way around. But it is rather God whom has dominion over His own word, not those/we men who are prone to lose our way. This is in spite of our weaknesses, that by our weakness, He is made perfect.

For this reason Jesus told us to do as the priests say, but not as they do. By this we are not deceived, but included in the knowledge that such are the providence of God, and also why we have been counseled to beware of the teachings of men. So, we do not need to discuss what we know are the errors of those who went before, but should give God the glory for having brought us closer than they to all truth. That in spite of men's secrecy, God has revealed the fulness of Himself: first the Father, then the Son, and finally, the Holy Spirit (whom Christ called "He").

Only by twisting the scriptures.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, that is what is written. But by your words, it is apparent that you do not full understand what you have quoted, while there is a greater spiritual meaning which you seem to be reluctant to enter into.

I recommend you stop resisting the Holy Spirit (Acts 7:51). This is His hour.

God will be showing us all soon and the words found in Ezekial he will tell all--They will have to know i am YHWH(Jehovah)
Hallowed be thy( Father) name--YHWH(Jehovah) -- there is no other name--Jesus did not say--our name-Just the Father. And he promised to keep on making his Fathers name known-John 17:26--He does that through the religion he is the head of.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only by twisting the scriptures.
You are not paying attention.

There is no way one can twist scripture to say that God has providence over His own word-- which is what I was saying.

To the contrary, it does take a considerable amount of twisting and a lack of faith, to imagine that He does not.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not paying attention.

There is no way one can twist scripture to say that God has providence over His own word-- which is what I was saying.

To the contrary, it does take a considerable amount of twisting and a lack of faith, to imagine that He does not.

Jesus says--The Father(one who sent him) is THE ONLY TRUE GOD John 17:3-- Paul says--There is one God to all the Father.1Cor 8:6-- Trinitarians say-The Father, son and holy spirit are the true God--Someone is in error, Its not Jesus or Paul. Its mistranslated versions of Gods word that is causing the error of a trinity god. It was made up at a council of catholicism near the end of the 4th century. No trinity was served by any true follower prior to that. It has caused much twisting of truth.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus death opened the door to all, Few step through it because they do not repent. Many of the trinity religions teach Jesus death covers all sin, and it is not true.
Jesus did not open the door my friend. He said it is finished. Paid in full. He took what was against us, contrary to us and nailed it to the cross

Yu can’t pay for sin my friend

The penalty of sin is death, the gift of God is eternal life. Through christ.

It appears you have not yet repented. You still somehow think you can save yourself. Your problem runs deeper than the fact that Jesus is the great I am, and word, and the son of man, which you reject. Your problem is you reject also what he did.

Before you tell others to repent. My advise is you repent.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus says--The Father(one who sent him) is THE ONLY TRUE GOD John 17:3-- Paul says--There is one God to all the Father.1Cor 8:6-- Trinitarians say-The Father, son and holy spirit are the true God--Someone is in error, Its not Jesus or Paul. Its mistranslated versions of Gods word that is causing the error of a trinity god. It was made up at a council of catholicism near the end of the 4th century. No trinity was served by any true follower prior to that. It has caused much twisting of truth.
Let's walk through it. For which I will ask you:

• Was Jesus wrong to give the Holy Spirit the title of "Helper" and to call Him "He" (John 14:16), as one would speak of a person? Or was He wrong to command his disciples, saying, "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit...?"
If you answer No, your claims are in error. If you answer Yes, then you are against Christ.​

But let's continue:
  • Was God called "Our Father" (Matthew 6:9) before or after Jesus referred to Him as such?
  • Did the Father say, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased” (Matthew 3:17) before or after Jesus came into His ministry?
  • Did Jesus say "that they may know You [Father], the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent" (John 17:3), before or after Pentecost and the Spirit first being poured out upon all flesh according to the prophesy of Joel?
Let us reason then, that your claim seems to be based on the definition and understanding of God, only according to what was before each addition came, i.e., before the Father was the Father, before the Son was the Son, and also before the Spirit was known as He, the Holy Spirit. However, redefining the fulness of God is exactly what has occurred, each in their own time by revelation. All of which shows you to be stuck between the Son and the Spirit...just as Israel was and is stuck between the LORD and the Lord. Do you now see the error?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There is that little thingy.....called ACCEPTING Jesus’ Offering of Forgiveness.

Reactions: ScottA

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The New Testament teaches how to be saved and how to stay saved.

It is certainly possible for a born again believer to be lost. The New Testament warns the believers about the consequences of willingly returning to sin after receiving the gospel.

You’re position does not incline men to the fear of God. The fear of God is essential in keeping men from sinning.

“Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.” (Proverbs 3:7)

“by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil.” (Proverbs 16:6)

A BELIEVER, CAN STOP believing....by his own power.
A BORN AGAIN man, can NOT STOP believing.....by Gods Power.

FEAR God......some think that means to be AFRAID of God.
...................Know many adults, who were raised Catholic, left home and BECAUSE of their ruthless indoctrination to yield to every thing the nuns said, in Catholic schools, they were threatened constantly to be AFRAID of God, he would send them to hell, IF they did not follow every rule in school. Forget your homework.....smack with a ruler and told you were going to hell...!
It made them run far away from the Catholic Church as adults....and sadly run from God and want nothing to do with Him.

FEAR of God....is having complete reverence toward God.

You sound like you are a proponent of teaching the only way one can stop sinning.....IS TO BE AFRAID of GOD. That is false.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only when we die!

matt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Matthew 10:22
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Mark 13:13
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

Heb 6:11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:

1. Romans 11:22 – God’s kindness, if you continue in His kindness

2. Colossians 1:21-23 – holy and blameless, if you continue in the faith"

3. The race of faith: the example of Paul

4. Hebrews 12:22-25: "we shall not escape if we turn away from Him"

5. Hebrews 4:1-3, 9-12: "strive to enter the rest of God"

6.Hebrews 6:4-9 – those who became partakers of the holy spirit and fell away

7. Hebrews 10:23-29, 35-39: "if we sin willfully", "if anyone draws back".

8. Matthew 24:13: He that endures to the end, the same shall be saved

9. Hebrews 3:4-6: Holding fast our confidence firm until the end

10. Matthew 24:13: "But the one who endures to the end will be saved"

11. 1 John 2:24-25 – "if what you heard from the beginning abides in you"

12. 2 John 8-9 : to "everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ

13. 2 Peter 1:5-11 : "Make every effort to supplement your faith"

14. Philippians 2:12-16: "work out your salvation with fear and trembling"

15. 1 Timothy 6:10-16: the love of money

16. Galatians 5:2-4 "Severed from Christ"

17. 2 Timothy 2:11-13: "if we deny him, he will also deny us"

18. James 5:19-20: the wandered brother

19. Some will abandon the faith

20. 1 Timothy 5:8: "he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever"

22. The real family of Jesus: "Those who hear the Word of God and do it"

23. 1 Corinthians 5:5: "so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord"

24. Peter 2: "It would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness"

25. Jude: "Turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness" - a much relevant warning

26. 1 Cor. 9:27 ....Lest I myself might become a castaway

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

So salvation by “faith alone” is completely false and impossible!