"Salvation" is the gift of Eternal Life - it's FOREVER.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a whole bible. Good news for the righteous, bad news for those God sees as wicked. Few are righteous in this satan ruled world. These believe-Matt 7:21-22--it will do them no good because they practice a sin-work iniquity.
There are non righteous no not one

Thats why christ came, to save sinners, of which you and I are

he who believes is not condemned

he who does not believe is condemned already

your to focused on sin. Yet not focused on your own sin, and her y miss the true gospel of grace

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are non righteous no not one

Thats why christ came, to save sinners, of which you and I are

he who believes is not condemned

he who does not believe is condemned already

your to focused on sin. Yet not focused on your own sin, and her y miss the true gospel of grace

Heb 10:26 is clear--No sacrafice left for ANY who practice a sin. Its the practice of a sin that is condemned.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dont count on it--Jesus specifically says they were ones who worked iniquity-Practiced a sin. Best to believe Jesus if you want to follow him.

Yes, count on it. They were not saved. They used the Lord’s NAME for their own glory!

Matt 7 [22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord , have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heb 10:26 is clear--No sacrafice left for ANY who practice a sin. Its the practice of a sin that is condemned.
Lol, ok whatever

Just ignore what jesus said.

Those who practice sin practice sin BECAUSE THEY ARE UNBELIEVERS

Its all they have

When they stand on judgment day, they will end up in hell because they have not believed, Not because they practiced sin, Sin was paid for on the cross.

Once again. Your focus is on the wrong thing. There will be people who we see today who do not appear to practice sin, who will be in hell.

There will be people we see today who struggle with addiction we will see in heaven.

Its faith vs unbelief, not how much sin we commit. Again, all it takes s one sin to be cursed, like Adam and Eve were cursed.

After that death sentence it does not matter. Your condemned, unless you are shown grace.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Judge me?...back at you....You are wrong.
Prove I am wrong.

Gods mark is perfection. It does not matter if you or I like that mark, that is what it is.

The only way it can be achieved is perfect love. As Jesus himself said, all the law and prophets are found in two commands. Love the lord your God and your neighbor. And who is your neighbor. even your enemy.

There is the mark. If I do anything not out of love, it is sin, If I serve self and not God or others, it is sin. If I act in pride and not love, it is sin.

Sadly we like to focus on the overt sins, such as coveting, adultry, fornication murder. Steeling etc etc.

But before we even succumb to these overt sins, we have already fallen short of Gods glory. By failing to put the needs of others over our own (love)

This my friend is falling short.

We can fall short without even commiting an overt sin. As jesus said, if we even look with lust at a woman…

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, count on it. They were not saved. They used the Lord’s NAME for their own glory!

Matt 7 [22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord , have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Few even know what Jesus teaches, I attended different trinity religions, they teach little of what Jesus teaches and much dogma. Its hard to obey Jesus( John 14:15-24) if one doesnt know what he teaches. Proof of ones love is obeying him. Every teaching, there is no pick and choose.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol, ok whatever

Just ignore what jesus said.

Those who practice sin practice sin BECAUSE THEY ARE UNBELIEVERS

Its all they have

When they stand on judgment day, they will end up in hell because they have not believed, Not because they practiced sin, Sin was paid for on the cross.

Once again. Your focus is on the wrong thing. There will be people who we see today who do not appear to practice sin, who will be in hell.

There will be people we see today who struggle with addiction we will see in heaven.

Its faith vs unbelief, not how much sin we commit. Again, all it takes s one sin to be cursed, like Adam and Eve were cursed.

After that death sentence it does not matter. Your condemned, unless you are shown grace.

And i showed you Matt 7:22-23==most assuredly are believers. And Hebrews 10:26 shows-No sacrifice left for any who practice sin. Its simple english. Jesus said those walking the broad and spacious path will be destroyed.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not have to PROVE what you speak for me IS WRONG.
I know my STANDING IN Christ, is NOT missing the MARK!
You missed the whole conversation.

This is not about YOUR standing in christ

My first post was this

Sin by defenition is the greek word hamarte

By defenition it means “to miss the mark”

That is what sin is. Anything that falls short of Gods standard is sin.

You responded by asking me what the mark was

Now your trying to say I was talking about your salvation?
smh

Hamarte - greek - To miss the mark, to miss, to fail in doing, to fail ones purpose. to sin,

the mark is perfection. TO fail to love, to fail to put the needs of others above your own.

My point was romans 3: 23. which says for ALL have sinned (missed the mark) and fallen short of the glory of God.

In this context. you and I have both missed the mark my friend. Apart from Grace we would both suffer the curse of failing to hit that mark.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And i showed you Matt 7:22-23==most assuredly are believers. And Hebrews 10:26 shows-No sacrifice left for any who practice sin. Its simple english. Jesus said those walking the broad and spacious path will be destroyed.
Um no they are not believers

Whoever sins has never seen or known God

are you going to sit there and say hebrews contradicts John? Are you saying John was wrong?

If a child of God CAN NOT PRACTICE SIN. then the passage you keep posting is NOT ABOUT CHILDREN OF GOD

as for the passage in question.

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

these are people that tried to get to heaven on their works. They are professing all their works to Jesus as if that is why he shoudl let them in. He said depart from me FOR I NEVER KNEW YOU.

This alone proves they were never believers..

so how can you claim they are believers

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Um no they are not believers

Whoever sins has never seen or known God

are you going to sit there and say hebrews contradicts John? Are you saying John was wrong?

If a child of God CAN NOT PRACTICE SIN. then the passage you keep posting is NOT ABOUT CHILDREN OF GOD

as for the passage in question.

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

these are people that tried to get to heaven on their works. They are professing all their works to Jesus as if that is why he shoudl let them in. He said depart from me FOR I NEVER KNEW YOU.

This alone proves they were never believers..

so how can you claim they are believers

Not one who doesnt believe in Jesus do those things mentioned.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Few even know what Jesus teaches, I attended different trinity religions, they teach little of what Jesus teaches and much dogma. Its hard to obey Jesus( John 14:15-24) if one doesnt know what he teaches. Proof of ones love is obeying him. Every teaching, there is no pick and choose.

I am not responsible for your choices of what you listen to.
I have no issue with what Jesus teaches.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not one who doesnt believe in Jesus do those things mentioned.

Jesus said HE NEVER KNEW THEM.

Please resolve that remark. How can they be saved yet Jesus never knew them?

If you look at history. People have been so called casting out demons for hundreds maybe thousands of years in the name of Jesus.

and there is no proof these people were saved

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not responsible for your choices of what you listen to.
I have no issue with what Jesus teaches.

Jesus directs his true followers to the Father. John 4:22-24-- See it starts with a warning about the god they serve. And tells all the Fathers will. He did not say--Father, son and holy spirit did he? Jesus assures all that the only ones entering Gods kingdom are those living now to do his Fathers will-Matthew 7:21

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[QUOTE="Eternally Grateful,

grace enables us to live for God and obey his will and commands

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Jn 15:1-5
I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said HE NEVER KNEW THEM.

Please resolve that remark. How can they be saved yet Jesus never knew them?

If you look at history. People have been so called casting out demons for hundreds maybe thousands of years in the name of Jesus.

and there is no proof these people were saved

They werent saved, but were told they were by these teachers-2Corinthians 11:12-15-- No man knows if another is saved.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

he created then in his own image

intellect (reason) & will (volition)

faith is an intellectual ascent to a truth revealed by Christ (Jude 1:3) and taught by his church (Matt 28:19) without any possible error (Jn 16:13)

sin is of the will

so why do fundamentalists say the only possible sin is unbelief