• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why don't you answer the question? Is eternal life eternal?

Stranger
Sure - when we leave this earth.

On salvation - the Bible is clear about THREE things:
We, as Christians are ALREADY SAVED (Rom. 5:1, 8:24, Eph. 2:5–8)
This is Initial Salvation – God give us the initial grace to believe.

However, because Salvation is a LIFELONG process – it ALSO says that I am BEING SAVED (1 Cor. 1:8, 2 Cor. 2:15, 7:1, Phil. 2:12, Heb 12:14).
This is Ongoing Sanctification – God is sanctifying us throughout our life as we cooperate with his grace.

Because of this, I have the hope that I WILL BE SAVED (Matt. 24:13, Rom. 5:9–10, 1 Cor. 3:12–15).
This is Final Sanctification/Salvation – We die and go to heaven having endured to the end.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, I am aware they are what I call Romanists. As all of the Church is Catholic. But, I find many Protestants who believe you can lose your salvation also.

Stranger

Ain't that the truth...and it quite amazes me. One has to wonder who they "see" Father God!! Even the so called "prodigal son", was in the pig pen and stunk to high heaven...yet he was very much still a son!!
His dad had been looking for his return to the table....but even when he was away..and " far off"....he was a son.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I am aware they are what I call Romanists. As all of the Church is Catholic. But, I find many Protestants who believe you can lose your salvation also.

Stranger
No such thing as a "Romanist" - just Catholic.
Anyway - this is not a "Catholic vs. Protestant" thread - so don't hijack it . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ain't that the truth...and it quite amazes me. One has to wonder who they "see" Father God!! Even the so called "prodigal son", was in the pig pen and stunk to high heaven...yet he was very much still a son!!
His dad had been looking for his return to the table....but even when he was away..and " far off"....he was a son.
BUT - he was DEAD and was alive again. He was LOST and was found.
These words cannot be taken lightly.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They have haven't they? They believe in works salvation.
They're Catholic you know.
This is a false anti-Catholic lie - but I'm not surprised, coming from you . . .

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
BUT - he was DEAD and was alive again. He was LOST and was found.
These words cannot be taken lightly.

I think you are straining at a gnat here and swallowing a camel. We know that is some change religions, Jew to Christian of Hindu to Christian then they are "dead to their family"!! ...Yes, I agree he was lost to his father....no argument there.....but that did not "un-son" him!! He was still a son, even though wayward.
So, you are saying that we can be saved, and then lost, and then found?
I guess that is fine...but it is not how I myself read the scriptures.
Bless you....H

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - "denying the Lord that bought them" simply means that they NOW deny Him. It doesn't mean that they ALWAYS did.
They HAVE a full, experiential knowledge of Jesus. Only a born again person can have that.

You cannot get around that pesky "Epignosis" . . .

Ah, now your forcing your belief upon the text. It means 'denying the Lord'. They are not Christian.

Stranger

Peanut

Jul 19, 2017
goodbye
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Stranger
Those type Protestants are what I like to call, wrong.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No such thing as a "Romanist" - just Catholic.
Anyway - this is not a "Catholic vs. Protestant" thread - so don't hijack it . . .

Sure there is. Catholic means universal. Of which Protestants are part of. Roman is a particular, a distinct. Shows how the term Roman Catholic is an oxymoron. Those of the Roman church I call Romanists. If you don't want to talk about it, then be quiet.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you are straining at a gnat here and swallowing a camel. We know that is some change religions, Jew to Christian of Hindu to Christian then they are "dead to their family"!! ...Yes, I agree he was lost to his father....no argument there.....but that did not "un-son" him!! He was still a son, even though wayward.
So, you are saying that we can be saved, and then lost, and then found?
I guess that is fine...but it is not how I myself read the scriptures.
Bless you....H
Yes, that is what I'm saying as the Parable of the Prodigal son teaches.
Had the son not had a change of heart - he would have been lost forever.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those type Protestants are what I like to call, wrong.
So - out of the tens of thousands of Protestant sects - YOU are the judge as to who is right and who is wrong?
Interesting . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure - when we leave this earth.

On salvation - the Bible is clear about THREE things:
We, as Christians are ALREADY SAVED (Rom. 5:1, 8:24, Eph. 2:5–8)
This is Initial Salvation – God give us the initial grace to believe.

However, because Salvation is a LIFELONG process – it ALSO says that I am BEING SAVED (1 Cor. 1:8, 2 Cor. 2:15, 7:1, Phil. 2:12, Heb 12:14).
This is Ongoing Sanctification – God is sanctifying us throughout our life as we cooperate with his grace.

Because of this, I have the hope that I WILL BE SAVED (Matt. 24:13, Rom. 5:9–10, 1 Cor. 3:12–15).
This is Final Sanctification/Salvation – We die and go to heaven having endured to the end.

When one believes in Christ does he have eternal life?

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure there is. Catholic means universal. Of which Protestants are part of. Roman is a particular, a distinct. Shows how the term Roman Catholic is an oxymoron. Those of the Roman church I call Romanists. If you don't want to talk about it, then be quiet.

Stranger
There is no such thing as a "Roman Church."
The official title of the Catholic Church is . . . "The Catholic Church" - and there is only ONE.

Anyway - this is not a "Protestant vs. Cathooic" thread so stop trying to hijack the thread . . .

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, that is what I'm saying as the Parable of the Prodigal son teaches.
Had the son not had a change of heart - he would have been lost forever.

Hmmm. Well I guess I will chew on that for a while. :)
I'll sit and incubate that for a while Ha!

" To me" a son, is a son, is a son.

Bless you....H

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When one believes in Christ does he have eternal life?

Stranger
Yup - unless he turns away from it and loses it.

You might have a "lifetime" subscription to a magazine - but it is up to YOU if you want to end it.
Does that mean that is was never a lifetime subscription??

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yup - unless he turns away from it and loses it.

You might have a "lifetime" subscription to a magazine - but it is up to YOU if you want to end it.
Does that mean that is was never a lifetime subscription??

Then it wasn't eternal. Just temporary. Yet Scripture calls it eternal.

Stranger