Salvation Through Baptism ???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First you recognise that you are a sinner. Then you repent and receive salvation. And then you get baptised. Simples!
The essentials are there - but the Biblical order is off . . .
Acts 2:38
And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Without our response to God's call - we cannot hope to be saved.
Water Baptism is our response - and the gift of the Holy Spirit is HIS . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 10 must be read in light of Jeremiah 17:9.

Jeremiah 17:9
9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and it is exceedingly corrupt: who can know it?

The Natural Heart is where the Natural spirit of man IS.
The Natural spirit of man IS His "Natural Truth".
Who can KNOW "it", (a man's Natural spirit/truth)?
Answer: the Lord God Himself.
The point being:
Men can easily be deceived to Mind-fully or Heart-fully Believe A Lie.
God CAN NOT be fooled.

The importance of that is:
The Lord did not come to Earth to Save the Saved.
The Lord came to Earth to Offer Salvation to All men. And ANY man that Confesses True Heart-Full belief in the Lord God...becomes MADE Saved, BY mercy of God and through the Power of God.
The Confession...is a True Confession from a Natural spirit of man...that the Lord God Himself has the Power and Wisdom to Distinguish.

Scripture speaks of two baptisms physical (water) and spiritual.

Agree.
John's Baptism.
Jesus' Baptism.

Which baptism you do think saves?

John's Baptism was for the remission of repented Sins. It didn't save anyone.

Jesus' Baptism, is the Receiving Of the "Baptismal" Gift of Holy Spirit (among other Gifts received at the same time)...given to a man whose acceptance (By the Lord God) of a True-Heart-felt Confession of Belief, confessed, by the man.

"Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, is NOT speaking of water baptism.

Nor have I said it was.
Not sure why you are trying to stress that point with me.
My posts Expressly discount the Necessity of Water Baptism and Expressly Uphold the necessity of the Lord Gods Baptism to be gifted with the Holy Spirit....(and the personal backlash against me for holding that position is well reflected.)

It appears you are trying to impress upon me something my posts already reflect, I already believe.

Glory to God,
Taken

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No – I gave you OT Type and NT Fulfillment.

I listed the types of priesthood in the OT that were fulfilled in the NT;
The High Priest
Jesus, our High Priest

The Levitical Priesthood
The Ministerial Priesthood

The General Priesthood of the Jewish people
The General Priesthood of Christians

I gave you the Scriptural evidence for each.
For example – the Ministerial Priesthood in the NT is beautifully illustrated in the Epistle of James, where he describes what to do with sick and dying people:

James 15:13-15
Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise. Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the presbyters of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, HE WILL BE FORGIVEN.

All I can do is to show you the Biblical parallels – I can’t make you believe them.
Thanks for affirming my position!

There is no "office" of priest in the New Testament.

Reactions: mailmandan

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for affirming my position!

There is no "office" of priest in the New Testament.
Not sure how you could read my post and come to that conclusion.
But then again, there is a LOT of denial within Protestantism . . .. . .

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
@Marymog, and @Tong,

Both of you have been reprimanded by Heart2Soul (staff member) and I quote: "Please stay on topic....start a thread about Catholic Bibles or English Translations if you want to continue this discussion".
Thanks

But both of you are displaying the spirit of non-compliance.

After all what has been said, the bottom line is this: the word "catholic" means "universal." that is all the churches in the world belongs to one church, the church of Jesus Christ.

Scripture declares in Luke 9:49-50: "And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbade him, because he followed not with us.
50) And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us."

The above passages I believe is the crux regarding the "church" as being universal.

To God Be The Glory
@JunChosen , @Heart2Soul

I'm sorry for making an off topic post. Also I am sorry for responding to off topic posts, as I felt compelled to respond to post addressed to me, as I am in this response.

I just wonder why I was singly reprimanded when I commented about an off topic out of curiosity on an ongoing discussion in this same thread, when everybody else who do the same thing were not. I also wonder why I was singly reprimanded going off topic when off topic discussions are all over this thread and were not. I also wonder why I was reprimanded when going off topic while those who openly, nonchalantly, repeatedly slander are not. Is slander allowed and going of topic is not?

That said, I'll set aside my keyboard then and refrain from responding to off topic posts.

Tong
R0916

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@JunChosen , @Heart2Soul

I'm sorry for making an off topic post. Also I am sorry for responding to off topic posts, as I felt compelled to respond to post addressed to me, as I am in this response.

I just wonder why I was singly reprimanded when I commented about an off topic out of curiosity on an ongoing discussion in this same thread, when everybody else who do the same thing were not. I also wonder why I was singly reprimanded going off topic when off topic discussions are all over this thread and were not. I also wonder why I was reprimanded when going off topic while those who openly, nonchalantly, repeatedly slander are not. Is slander allowed and going of topic is not?

That said, I'll set aside my keyboard then and refrain from responding to off topic posts.

Tong
R0916
Marymog was also addressed....my attention was drawn to those posts through a report....I didn't read the entire thread. Wasn't singling you out I promise.

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First you recognise that you are a sinner. Then you repent and receive salvation. And then you get baptised. Simples!

1. Repent = Saved + Baptism (later on)

2. Believe + Baptism = Saved (Mark 16:16) (Acts 2:38,47 ; 8:5,12,13,26-40 ; 22:16))

Which one did God say?

Reactions: Grailhunter

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[QUOTE="BreadOfLife, post: 802071, member: 7345"]Before the 16th century – the Church WAS doctrinally universal – not divided into splintered factions.

So now you have the task of sorting out which church is for or against God.

Good luck with that.

To God Be The Glory[/QUOTE]

(Rom. 16:16) Churches of Christ

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Marymog was also addressed....my attention was drawn to those posts through a report....I didn't read the entire thread. Wasn't singling you out I promise.
Did not see any other public reprimand other than me in this thread. And somebody reported me for an out of topic post out of curiosity? Anyway, really no problem. As I indicated, I was just wondering.

Tong
R0917

Last edited:

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did not see any other public reprimand other than me in this thread. And somebody reported me for an out of topic post out of curiosity? Anyway, really no problem. As I indicated, I was just wondering.

In all fairness to @Heart2Soul, and if you had noticed, my post was addressed to both you and @Marymog.

Although everything in the Bible inter-relates, Christians tend to answer the subject matter at hand/OP without them bringing in scriptures that has nothing to do with the OP.

To God Be The Glory

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Without our response to God's call - we cannot hope to be saved.
Water Baptism is our response - and the gift of the Holy Spirit is HIS . . .

As I've said in the past, you teach heresy!

Scripture explicitly declares "As it is written, there is none righteous no, not one" AND "there is none that seeks after God no, not one" (Romans 3:10-11).

In the OT, the Jews fell into the trap of the sign of "
circumcision" as the people today, with "water baptism."

So tell me how can you or anyone else respond to God's call???
To God Be The Glory

Last edited:
Reactions: Candidus

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Scripture explicitly declares "As it is written, there is none righteous no, not one" AND "there is none that seeks after God no, not one" (Romans 3:10-11).

To God Be The Glory

The one word "WHOSOEVER" proves anyone can respond to God's call.

Reactions: BreadOfLife

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In the OT, the Jews fell into the trap of the sign of "
circumcision" as the people today, with "water baptism."

To God Be The Glory
WRONG.

Remember Jesus’s lament to Jerusalem:
Matt. 23:37
“O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and YOU WERE NOT WILLING!

Our response to God’s call and cooperation with His grace is necessary for our salvation.
You cannot be saved unless you cooperate with His grace.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The one word "WHOSOEVER" proves anyone can respond to God's call.
Do you mean John 3:16? There you must qualify who are the "whosoever."

John 3:16 is the most quoted verse in the world, yet is the most misunderstood.

The "whosoever" are those believers whom God elected before the foundation of the world.

To God Be The Glory

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you mean John 3:16? There you must qualify who are the "whosoever."

John 3:16 is the most quoted verse in the world, yet is the most misunderstood.

The "whosoever" are those believers whom God elected before the foundation of the world.

To God Be The Glory
Calvinists! Judgment before the foundation of the world to give Satan a quota. Proposing that all of reality is puppet show, by the Great Puppet Master god. False religion for sure.
And John 3:16 is not misunderstood.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG.

Remember Jesus’s lament to Jerusalem:
Matt. 23:37
“O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and YOU WERE NOT WILLING!
What part of "no one seeks after God, no, not one'" do you not understand? Of course they were not willing, they could not because mankind is spiritually dead! A corpse can't do anything.

Our response to God’s call and cooperation with His grace is necessary for our salvation.
You cannot be saved unless you cooperate with His grace.

You mean it's like a check that requires two signatures that if one does not sign the check is invalid? FYI, salvation is a gift and is of God, therefore is given only to believers!

To God Be The Glory

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What part of "no one seeks after God, no, not one'" do you not understand? Of course they were not willing, they could not because mankind is spiritually dead! A corpse can't do anything.

You mean it's like a check that requires two signatures that if one does not sign the check is invalid? FYI, salvation is a gift and is of God, therefore is given only to believers!

To God Be The Glory
Again the Calvinist speaks and twist the truth of the scriptures.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again the Calvinist speaks and twist the truth of the scriptures.

For a change, all you Calvin haters, why not give your interpretation to those scriptures you feel that are rendered twisted by Calvin. Is that fair instead of throwing insults so that we can reason together?

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For a change, all you Calvin haters, why not give your interpretation to those scriptures you feel that are rendered twisted. Is that fair instead of throwing insults so that we can reason together?

To God Be The Glory

A mind control religion that believes their minds are controlled….irony or hilarity?

When you put Calvinism in motion, it is horrid! As a movie it would be one of the scariest sci-fi horror flicks made. In stead of Invasion of the Body Snatchers, it would be Invasion of the Mind Snatcher. I sometimes consider that it maybe away of getting attention or a persecution complex. But that cannot be true either, because they hide it. They hide it because they know, that if people really knew what Calvinism or predestinationists believe, they would not want to have anything to do with it. That is why they very carefully hide their beliefs from their own congregations. Churches that believe that God denies Free-will is somewhere between sacrilegious or anti-God.

It makes people wonder what kind of heart they have? Just like the abortion doctor that gets up in the morning, cleans up, has breakfast and goes to work each day to murder a few babies. What kind of heart could do that? But Calvinism is a million times worse than that, because when you put it in motion, you describe and worship a god that does that to millions of men, women, and children. Babies damned to hell before they are born. Damning them to hell by no fault of their own, no hope, no mercy, no escape! It is like Satan has given himself a guaranteed quota. What kind of heart could bend a knee to that god? What kind of people think this is good? Is it all about feeling special? The elect, is that worth it? To believe this is right is hideous! Look in history, those that thought they were the elect were the worst of people. And it is not just the Nazis! Thinking that they are above somebody, warps your mind.

If Satan had a Bible in his lap, what scriptures would he quote? Condemnation, judgment, negativity, hate? If Satan had a Bible in his lap, what Christian denomination would he form? Schemer that he is, he would search the scriptures for scriptures that he could use against God… Predestination, let us make it a constant reality! God is a horrific puppet master that enslaves all humanity with no hope of escape! Damns them to Hell before they born!

He would push judgment before creation and predestine the innocent to hell, while laughing at those that are not damned because no good they did was of their own merit, but rather forced by him. In this church of Satan, no good would matter, only evil. Faith, love, compassion, prayer, grace, forgiveness, kindness, church attendance and good deeds would not matter or show character or true faith because they are all puppets on strings, every movement and thought being forced upon them, dummies of the satanic puppet master.

From the outside it seems this religion replaces God with Satan, but of course that is not true. Calvinism has hijacked our God to demonize Him much like the Moslems. No heresy can come close to equaling this. It slanders God in the worst way! Portraying him with the character of Satan!

Last edited:

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord came to Earth to Offer Salvation to All men. And ANY man that Confesses True Heart-Full belief in the Lord God...

I have found in all forums that people are set in their beliefs although when someone comes along bringing the true Gospel.

Case in point is the comment made above. Salvation is NEVER "offered" rather it is "given." The word "offer" connotes that salvation can be rejected or accepted, and neither of these methods are taught in Scripture.

To God Be The Glory