Sanctification is not a Process

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Episkopos, I personally don’t care what you may believe is right or wrong but this is the last message I’ll send your way.

I’m not trying to battle anyone here; because your saved by faith through grace and the learning process can only be done if a person desires to learn anyway a total choice.

Not to say you need to learn anything but there are people out there who are still learning and growing into knowing who God is and who the Lord is out there today.

You know there is a process.

Would you like to share your testimony?

I use to hate people. And sometimes I still have that hate in me; but through the PROCESS of TIME; one learns through the mistake that are made; and when the Process of taking time to read the Bible comes on the scene.

It’s needed.

It’s important.

It renews the mind.

Let me ask you a question; even though when you first became a believer in Christ and received the Holy Spirit and you gave your life to God.

Was you just suddenly perfect? Or Mature? I know I wasn’t.

I can honestly say when I started really reading and learning about Jesus by myself I started becoming judgmental on everyone around me; thankfully though a teacher taught me that it’s not about being judgmental; it’s about growing into the vine who is Christ.

If you abide in him he will abide in you, which brings forth compassion, kindness, forgiveness, love, joy, forbearance, carrying others burdens and over all these are naturally not in our ability to do; they are form the spirit.

Therefore why do you question the understanding that; no one comes to God perfect or mature. They all come as children of God into the kingdom by faith; children meaning they have the spirit but they also get into their flesh and have arguing and bickering. Those who continue to grow in the spirit dying to the flesh and dying to sin; make and effort and choice to ask God to help by the spirit to overcome their natural tendencies of the heart which are all self predicated and not focused on God and others instead which is where a person should be in their heart.

Therefore how is there no process?
Forgiveness is not a process. Mercy is not a process. Love is not a process. Holiness is not a process.

All of these things just are. But to mature a human being takes a long time. Why wait that long before seeking God's face to be filled with His Spirit?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes the Holy Spirit is given to the person who believes in their heart that Jesus was risen from the dead by God.

Great. Now what is the process?

Going to put God in one’s life? Not asking God to help in one’s life? Not praying for all the people you know? Is this relationship just not even there to really experience the life of becoming more Christ like?

The Paul states it,

“Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with sighs too deep for words. And he who searches the hearts of men knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. We know that in everything God works for good with those who love him, who are called according to his purpose. For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the first-born among many brethren. And those whom he predestined he also called; and those whom he called he also justified; and those whom he justified he also glorified.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭8‬:‭26‬-‭30‬ ‭RSV‬‬

When we are weak the spirit helps in weakness but there is an effort to be made to ask God to help us in this weakness that the spirit is letting us know about which groans for us.

There seems to be the notion of becoming conformed like the image of the Fathers son.

That has to be a process just like seeding a seed and watering it.

If we don’t know to Go to God when one is weak; then there is no progression of having relationship in which one seeks out God in faith, and God rewards people who seek him out.

There is always room for growth spiritually, and it’s a day to day process of submitting to God and to love him, and to love others. But that is not always a constant if you aren’t thinking about it and having him on your mind and heart.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love is patient, love is kind, love is no boastful, or rude, love does not rejoice in injustice but when justice wins out, love keeps no records of wrongs.

How can one be patient with a person who is not patient? Is it not through self-deny a process of allowing Christ to come forward by and through the spirit of Christ that lives in you?

Is there no process to not learn these things? And the progression of at least actively trusting God and that he is there even when it feels or seems like he is not there at all. He provides breathe every day freely for all individuals out there in the world.

There is, anyway thank you for the conversation and will leave you be, @Episkopos.

Process and progression are part of life you grow up from a child to old age then you die. That is the cycle of it. The same is being born again from above; in now the spiritual sense.

God speed.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The tax collector never claimed to be righteous...that's why God justified him. And I never said you said you were holy...you are trying to build a mountain of self-effort to attain that...which you will never reach...because you are not seeking God by faith.
Jesus called him Justified
Jesus calls me justified

Your the one trying to build a mountain of self effort to attain what you will never attain. Not me.

How can you live with yourself and continue to attribute attributes of others who have nothing to do with it. That you yourself preach about yourself?
Exactly what I think about your outrageous claims...that you conveniently deny...which everyone here can read for themselves.

Why the games?
unlike you. I think most people can properly read what others say and understand

Games? If anyone here is playing games it is you.. The more I read you. the more I think that is all you do.

Reactions: mailmandan

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is always room for growth spiritually, and it’s a day to day process of submitting to God and to love him, and to love others. But that is not always a constant if you aren’t thinking about it and having him on your mind and heart.
Amen! 2 Peter 3:18 - but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

At the moment of salvation we are set apart/made holy in standing before God positionally in Christ. 1 Corinthians 6:11 - Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God. Acts 26:18 - to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.

Yet we also see progressive sanctification in which the reality of that holiness becomes more and more evident in our actions, words, thoughts, attitudes, and motives. 1 Thessalonians 4:3-4, we read - For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you should abstain from sexual immorality; that each of you should know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor.

So becoming washed, sanctified and justified in Christ is a one time event and is not a process, yet abstaining from sexual immorality is not a one time event, but an ongoing process. Here is how I understand it. The believer possess a positional, judicial standing of righteousness in Christ and, second, an ongoing process of growth in practical, progressive holiness which becomes increasingly evident in our actions, words, thoughts, attitudes, and motives.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
people forget the law. According to the law. The only way ones sins could be redeemed or forgiven was that an innocent animal. without spot or blemish had to shed his blood. There was no other means of forgiveness.

Once a year, on the day of atonement, The high priest went in. and he offered for the sin of the people for the past year.

However, year after year he had to continue to offer for the sin of the people. because the people kept sinning.

Hebrews lets us know that this blood of bulls and goats could never take away sin. But jesus. the true lamb of God died once, and sits at the right hand of the father making intercession for his people. who have been saved by his blood

This nonsense that he died for only sins up to a point, but we have to pay for our own after, this nonsense that we are made perfect immediately and no longer sin. is just that.. If Christ died for only sins up to a point. what or who will die for the sins you commit after that point? Without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness. that is what the good book says.

Our works will not pay for our sin. not now. not ever. We have the death penalty against us for every sin we have ever committed, and will commit.. Only one thing can pay for those sins for eternal forgiveness. That is the death of an innocent.

I pray peopel stop mocking Christ and his death. and own up to the sin they commit and stop watering down the law. or thinking they will be ok because they do works.. Our works are as bloody rags..

Reactions: mailmandan and APAK

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
he had to continue to offer for the sin of the people. because the people kept sinning.

Not true.

And I present the text that proves you wrong:

“For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.” (Hebrews 10:1-2)
“For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.” (Hebrews 10:4)

The issue was that the blood of bulls and goats could not take away sins, not that the people kept sinning!

Because it is later written in the same chapter:

“For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.” (Hebrews 10:26-27)

“He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?” (Hebrews 10:28-29)

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
people forget the law. According to the law. The only way ones sins could be redeemed or forgiven was that an innocent animal. without spot or blemish had to shed his blood. There was no other means of forgiveness.

Once a year, on the day of atonement, The high priest went in. and he offered for the sin of the people for the past year.

However, year after year he had to continue to offer for the sin of the people. because the people kept sinning.

Hebrews lets us know that this blood of bulls and goats could never take away sin. But jesus. the true lamb of God died once, and sits at the right hand of the father making intercession for his people. who have been saved by his blood

This nonsense that he died for only sins up to a point, but we have to pay for our own after, this nonsense that we are made perfect immediately and no longer sin. is just that.. If Christ died for only sins up to a point. what or who will die for the sins you commit after that point? Without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness. that is what the good book says.

Our works will not pay for our sin. not now. not ever. We have the death penalty against us for every sin we have ever committed, and will commit.. Only one thing can pay for those sins for eternal forgiveness. That is the death of an innocent.

I pray peopel stop mocking Christ and his death. and own up to the sin they commit and stop watering down the law. or thinking they will be ok because they do works.. Our works are as bloody rags..
Amen brother! Now to "sin willfully" (Hebrews 10:26) carries the idea of deliberate intention which stems from rejecting Christ deliberately. This is continuous action, a matter of practice. Now we don't walk along our daily life and "accidentally" fall into a pit called sin. We exercise our will but, the use of the participle clearly shows willful, continuous action, committed by those who draw back to perdition and do not believe to the saving of the soul. (vs. 39). The unrighteous practice sin (1 Corinthians 6:9-10; Galatians 5:19-21); not the righteous, who are born of God. (1 Corinthians 6:11; 1 John 3:9)

In context, the writer is addressing unbelieving Hebrews (mixed in with believing Hebrews - see verse 39) who fail to enter into the new covenant of grace by faith and receive God’s forgiveness through the blood of Jesus. If these Hebrews reject the new covenant of grace God that established through the blood of Jesus and instead, depend upon the works of the old covenant of law to rescue them from the coming judgment, then they can only expect to be consumed by fire as God's adversaries.

Hebrews 10:26 - For if we go on willfully and deliberately sinning after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice [to atone] for our sins [that is, no further offering to anticipate]. (AMP)

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Are you saying that God isn't merciful? That simply is not true...and a slander on the character of God. The animal sacrifice was to remind people that sin means death. The wages of sin is death. When people see the cost of sin....then maybe they think twice about sinning again.

There was no POWER over sin in those days. If you keep sinning now...when there is power over sin by grace....WHILE CLAIMING to be justified by Christ ...then you are doing despite to Christ and His sacrifice. You should see how by doing that you have not just sinned once, but twice...adding sin to sin.

We are saved by the LIFE (blood) of Jesus because in HIM is no sin. We are to enter INTO Him BEFORE we claim to be justified ...although we should never make claims that test the Lord.
There are sins that are not covered by the blood of Christ. A wilful sin overrides the gift of life....the same way that Adam sinned. He chose to behave in the way he did because he put other things above obedience to God.

And believers do that all the time by making up theologies that dishonour God and who He really is.

Upon regeneration we are forgiven the sins that are PAST. You are inventing (through your indoctrination) a license to sin. Paul is against that....as well as every truthful source.

Rom. 3:25 “Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;”

And the word "remission" in the above verse means FREEDOM from sin...not just forgiveness. Without the shedding of blood there is no FREEDOM from sin. God is merciful and forgives and forgives and forgives......etc

If we sin, we have an advocate in Jesus....but God is not mocked. Grace is not a license to sin...it is the power over sin. Those who continue to sin are weak.....those who continue to sin while claiming to be justified by Christ add sin to sin.

I hope you stop mocking God, stop sinning willfully, and learn righteousness, humility and the fear of God.

Your works are as bloody rags because you prefer iniquity to the truth. Those who do righteousness are righteous. And God hears their prayer and visits them. Not so the unrighteous. So you will need to repent.

Reactions: faithfulness

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the word 'sanctified' in Hebrews 10:29 is used to describe saved people who lost their salvation, then we have a contradiction because the writer of Hebrews in verse 10 said "sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all" (Hebrews 10:10) and in verse 14, we read, "perfected for all time those who are sanctified." (Hebrews 10:14) So in Hebrews 10:10, we clearly read ..WE have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. In Hebrews 10:14, we read - For by one offering He has perfected for all time THOSE who are sanctified. To go from sanctified back to un-sanctified would be in contradiction here.

*NOWHERE in context does it specifically say the person who "trampled under foot the Son of God, and has regarded as unclean the blood of the covenant" was "saved" and/or "lost their salvation." The reference to "the blood of the covenant that sanctified him" in verse 29 "on the surface" appears to be referring to a Christian, but this overlooks the fact that the word translated "sanctified" (which is the verb form of the adjective "holy") which means "set apart," and doesn't necessarily refer to salvation here.

Strong's Concordance
hagiazó: to make holy, consecrate, sanctify
Original Word: ἁγιάζω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: hagiazó
Phonetic Spelling: (hag-ee-ad'-zo)
Definition: to make holy, consecrate, sanctify
Usage: I make holy, treat as holy, set apart as holy, sanctify, hallow, purify.

In 1 Corinthians 7:14, Paul uses it to specifically refer to non-Christians who are "sanctified" or "set apart" by their believing spouse (and by this Paul does not mean that they are saved). A non-Christian can be "set apart" from other non-Christians without experiencing salvation as Paul explained. So the word "sanctified" means to be "set apart." If the word "sanctified" simply meant saved, then we would have to say that the seventh day was saved (Genesis 2:3), the tabernacle was saved (Exodus 29:43), Moses saved the people after coming down off the mountain (Exodus 19:14), the priests and the Levites saved themselves (1 Chronicles 15:14), the Father saved the Son (John 10:36), the Son saved Himself (John 17:19) and many other things that do not line up with scripture.

In verse 39, the writer of Hebrews sets up the CONTRAST that makes it clear to me that he was referring to make believers/nominal Christians, not saved people: But WE are not OF THOSE who draw back to perdition, but OF THOSE who believe to the saving of the soul. Those who draw back to perdition do not believe to the saving of the soul and those who believe to the saving of the soul do not draw back to perdition.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen! 2 Peter 3:18 - but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

There is real growth when a person is walking in holiness.
At the moment of salvation we are set apart/made holy in standing before God positionally in Christ. 1 Corinthians 6:11 - Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God. Acts 26:18 - to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.
What you call a"positional" standing (a made-up religious ideological term) is actually a SAMPLE of grace received as initial grace. This experience is meant to open our eyes to the reality of God and what is now available to us by a full measure of grace...to be sought for at the throne of God. We are only sanctified IN Christ. We are only sanctified by abiding in Him by faith.

That is not a life-long process. It is by faith.

Yet we also see progressive sanctification in which the reality of that holiness becomes more and more evident in our actions, words, thoughts, attitudes, and motives. 1 Thessalonians 4:3-4, we read - For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you should abstain from sexual immorality; that each of you should know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor.

This is false. We don't become more holy every time we abstain from sexual immorality. What Paul is saying is that we should refrain from physical sins while we are walking in holiness. The only way to get a saint, who knows the truth, to sin is through the body. Spiritual men have fallen through sexual immorality throughout history. The body is a weak link in the chain for those who walk the power of life in Christ.

Possessing our bodies IN sanctification doesn't mean we possess our bodies while trying to be holy. That is religion speaking...not the grace of God.
So becoming washed, sanctified and justified in Christ is a one time event and is not a process,
A one-time sample of grace given to the immature...in order to point him/her in the right direction.

yet abstaining from sexual immorality is not a one time event, but an ongoing process.
Keeping our vessel pure is by a process of maturity....not purity. Purity doesn't defend against impurity...maturity does. What is spoiled IS the purity when the body sins. That proves a lack of maturity...not purity. Without purity, the impurity does no further damage...because it is already impure.

Here is how I understand it. The believer possess a positional, judicial standing of righteousness in Christ and, second, an ongoing process of growth in practical, progressive holiness which becomes increasingly evident in our actions, words, thoughts, attitudes, and motives.
All wrong ideas. All wrong understanding. As in...look at how clean I am as my filth seems to be getting less and less.

I will tell you...you will never ever be pure that way. Since there is NO process of sanctification. You are trying to be made perfect in the flesh what was begun in the Spirit...if you ever were given the initial grace at all.

Regardless, you don't perfect grace by your efforts.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus called him Justified
Jesus calls me justified
Really...where is your name in the account? You are inventing an excuse to justify yourself. There is no need to do that. Only a religious ego wants that justification.

So I think you are full of hot air. Your words are delusional and not trust-worthy. Too religious. Too much assuming and presuming.

Your the one trying to build a mountain of self effort to attain what you will never attain. Not me.

I have already been translated into the kingdom walk...by faith. Twice....and both times I eventually failed due to immaturity. The first time I wanted out after 3 days...it was TOO MUCH for my selfish character at the time...but the second time after 2.5 years or so... and I didn't want to leave. I had grown significantly over the interim period but I didn't understand the way righteousness works at that time.
I can testify to the truth of the bible. Don't put your faith in the schemes of religious men who tell you you have to slowly earn grace over time. Grace is a gift...by faith. Listen to God...not men...not your own religious ego.
How can you live with yourself and continue to attribute attributes of others who have nothing to do with it. That you yourself preach about yourself?

unlike you. I think most people can properly read what others say and understand

The logic you follow is carnal....but also very religious. Only religious people, who have not experienced the walk IN Christ could possible agree with you. It takes only a moment to be translated into the holy kingdom walk in Zion. To be where HE is. All religious posers will take a life-time to find out they are no further ahead in holiness than before.
Games? If anyone here is playing games it is you.. The more I read you. the more I think that is all you do.
Seeing the world upside down is the result of getting the things of God exactly backwards.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now to "sin willfully" (Hebrews 10:26) carries the idea of deliberate intention which stems from rejecting Christ deliberately.

That “idea” of rejecting Christ deliberately is your own.

It isn’t even hinted at in the scripture.

In context, the writer is addressing unbelieving Hebrews

What a whopper of a falsehood!

#1. Unbelievers (deliberate Christ rejectors) aren’t sanctified by the blood.

#2. The writing is directed at these people in the audience:

“…holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling…” (Hebrews 3:1)

Last edited:
Reactions: Episkopos

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think we might just be arguing over words here, at least to some extent. Seems in scripture there is one sense in which sanctification is a process and another sense in which it is instantaneous. Just depends on what sense one is specifically talking about.

We need to be careful of being too rigid in how we are applying certain words in scripture.....the same word can be applied to different things....every time we see a particular word in scripture doesn't mean it is always talking about the exact same thing, and that's what I seem to see with the word sanctify or sanctification. It has a general meaning but isn't necessarily always talking about the same experience, if I can put it that way.

In one sense we are instantly sanctified when we are born again and receive His spirit within. But then in another sense we still need to be fully sanctified. So we begin a process or a journey which occurs over time...which is at least partly a hidden work, like a seed underground, our corn of wheat dying. Until, this leads us to, and makes us ready for, as I potentially believe (but not yet experienced), the application of a "finishing touch" so to speak, which again is instantaneous.

Being filled with the spirit.....considering the possibility that we can be filled with the Holy Spirit any number of times, after we come to faith, but maybe there is another sense of being filled, where that filling is complete for the simple reason the vessel has finally been fully emptied to make room for that.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think we might just be arguing over words here, at least to some extent. Seems in scripture there is one sense in which sanctification is a process and another sense in which it is instantaneous. Just depends on what sense one is specifically talking about.

We need to be careful of being too rigid in how we are applying certain words in scripture.....the same word can be applied to different things....every time we see a particular word in scripture doesn't mean it is always talking about the exact same thing, and that's what I seem to see with the word sanctify or sanctification. It has a general meaning but isn't necessarily always talking about the same experience, if I can put it that way.

In one sense we are instantly sanctified when we are born again and receive His spirit within. But then in another sense we still need to be fully sanctified. So we begin a process or a journey which occurs over time...which is at least partly a hidden work, like a seed underground, our corn of wheat dying.
Many people will seek to fulfill their calling using a religious ideology, rather than go to the throne of grace to seek the fulness of grace that overcomes sin.

The church will always be divided between those who are looking for a way to get away with their sins...and those who are trying to learn how God finishes their faith. There is no reasoning with the first group since they don't care about the power OVER sin...that costs them their lives. And the second group is slow to learn about the faith it takes to please God.

There is no process of sanctification. It is a gift of grace. What is a process is being weaned from the selfish nature that sees itself as being ok without God.

Until, this leads us to, and makes us ready for, as I potentially believe (but not yet experienced), the application of a "finishing touch" so to speak, which again is instantaneous.
That's right. It's a matter of faith and a perceived NEED of God. A person can live their whole life in smug assurance and never call upon the Lord. That's what organized churches are for. They want you to sleep your life away without any victory in Christ. They will sing a hymn and say...you already have everything that God wants you to have. Just wait to die...
Being filled with the spirit.....considering the possibility that we can be filled with the Holy Spirit any number of times, after we come to faith, but maybe there is another sense of being filled, where that filling is complete for the simple reason the vessel has finally been fully emptied to make room for that.
There are any number of full sanctifications a person can experience...fillings by the Spirit.

And to make matters more complicated...there is such a thing as TOPPING up by the Spirit to the one who is already walking in the Spirit...but the real growth...the new TALENT is obtained by first being emptied to be filled again.

My desire is to once again have the Source of Life in my inner man...as a fountain overflowing with eternal life through the keeping power of God. :)

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen brother! Now to "sin willfully" (Hebrews 10:26) carries the idea of deliberate intention which stems from rejecting Christ deliberately. This is continuous action, a matter of practice. Now we don't walk along our daily life and "accidentally" fall into a pit called sin. We exercise our will but, the use of the participle clearly shows willful, continuous action, committed by those who draw back to perdition and do not believe to the saving of the soul. (vs. 39). The unrighteous practice sin (1 Corinthians 6:9-10; Galatians 5:19-21); not the righteous, who are born of God. (1 Corinthians 6:11; 1 John 3:9)

In context, the writer is addressing unbelieving Hebrews (mixed in with believing Hebrews - see verse 39) who fail to enter into the new covenant of grace by faith and receive God’s forgiveness through the blood of Jesus. If these Hebrews reject the new covenant of grace God that established through the blood of Jesus and instead, depend upon the works of the old covenant of law to rescue them from the coming judgment, then they can only expect to be consumed by fire as God's adversaries.

Hebrews 10:26 - For if we go on willfully and deliberately sinning after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice [to atone] for our sins [that is, no further offering to anticipate]. (AMP)
they don;t understand the law.

Yes, the law can not copndemn us anymore. but that is because the blood of Jesus as the lamb of God took away our sin.

So either his death paid for ALL of our sin. or we still need to have a sacrifice to have future sin redeemed

Without the shedding of blood, there IS NO FORGIVENESS.

these are Gods words not mine

Reactions: mailmandan

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
they don;t understand the law.

Yes, the law can not copndemn us anymore. but that is because the blood of Jesus as the lamb of God took away our sin.

So either his death paid for ALL of our sin. or we still need to have a sacrifice to have future sin redeemed

Without the shedding of blood, there IS NO FORGIVENESS.

these are Gods words not mine
They are indeed your words. The verse you are misunderstanding is about FREEDOM from sin, not forgiveness.. Look up the Greek "aphesis".

Animals don't give people grace to overcome sin as Jesus overcame sin. Jesus did overcome sin...and He bids us overcome sin just as He did. How? By walking IN Him.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

ALL sins when you believed:

“…he was purged from his old sins.” (2 Peter 1:9)

Otherwise:

“…if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.” (Hebrews 10:26-27)