Sanctification is not a Process

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you saying that God isn't merciful? That simply is not true...and a slander on the character of God. The animal sacrifice was to remind people that sin means death. The wages of sin is death. When people see the cost of sin....then maybe they think twice about sinning again.
God is merciful. But he is also just. He will not just forgive someones sin unless payment is made

That is where the cross comes in.. But you reject the cross. So you will never understand it.
There was no POWER over sin in those days. If you keep sinning now...when there is power over sin by grace....WHILE CLAIMING to be justified by Christ ...then you are doing despite to Christ and His sacrifice. You should see how by doing that you have not just sinned once, but twice...adding sin to sin.
There was more than enough power over sin in those days. Noah was found to be righteous, As was Abraham, As was Daniel.

The power of love worked just as much then as it does today. The issue of the law was to expose our guilt. and show us what was required to remove that guilt.

You do not understand the law. or the penalty or the payment. Again, the cross is foolishness to you
We are saved by the LIFE (blood) of Jesus because in HIM is no sin. We are to enter INTO Him BEFORE we claim to be justified ...although we should never make claims that test the Lord.
You can;t claim to be justified UNLESS he justifies you

We are justified through faith. By believing in the gift God offers us based on his sons death
There are sins that are not covered by the blood of Christ. A wilful sin overrides the gift of life....the same way that Adam sinned. He chose to behave in the way he did because he put other things above obedience to God.
If there are sins not covered. Then if we commit those sins we are doomed forever. there is no forgiveness.

Jesus said all sin will be forgiven men..
And believers do that all the time by making up theologies that dishonour God and who He really is.
Like you do?
Upon regeneration we are forgiven the sins that are PAST. You are inventing (through your indoctrination) a license to sin. Paul is against that....as well as every truthful source.

Rom. 3:25 “Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;”
The context here is the sins BEFORE Christ died to make redemption for those sins. Not your past sins. All of your sins were future when Christ died
And the word "remission" in the above verse means FREEDOM from sin...not just forgiveness. Without the shedding of blood there is no FREEDOM from sin. God is merciful and forgives and forgives and forgives......etc
It says he PASSED over. it does not say he gave us freedom from.

You still ow God the penalty of your sin. If jesus did not rredeem your sin. your still dead in your sin
If we sin, we have an advocate in Jesus....but God is not mocked. Grace is not a license to sin...it is the power over sin. Those who continue to sin are weak.....those who continue to sin while claiming to be justified by Christ add sin to sin.
Never said grace is a license to sin. However, unlike you. I do nto water down the law. I claim sin is sin, and as such, I own up to my sins.
I hope you stop mocking God, stop sinning willfully, and learn righteousness, humility and the fear of God.

Your works are as bloody rags because you prefer iniquity to the truth. Those who do righteousness are righteous. And God hears their prayer and visits them. Not so the unrighteous. So you will need to repent.
I hope you stop mocking God and thinking your sins will some how miraculously be washed away while you reject the cross. And mocking God by claiming your sins are mistakes or oopsies. and you did them on accident.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really...where is your name in the account? You are inventing an excuse to justify yourself. There is no need to do that. Only a religious ego wants that justification.

So I think you are full of hot air. Your words are delusional and not trust-worthy. Too religious. Too much assuming and presuming.
are you for real? Do you really believe this stuff?

Once again you attribute to me things YOU YOURSELF ARE DOING!!

I am not puffing myself up, It is God who justifies me, Your the one claiming you justify yourself

I am not preaching religion and good works to earn salvation. You are

I am not assuming anything, I am just claiming the promises of God.

You know. I am done with this. You can;t really believe the stuff you are saying, I think you are just here to play games and try to puff yourself up

Good luck man, I will expose your heresy for the sake of others. But I leave you to your sin and self righteousness

Reactions: mailmandan

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Making up sanctification
God is merciful. But he is also just. He will not just forgive someones sin unless payment is made

That's not how righteousness works...and certainly not how God is. John says...If we confess our sins HE is FAITHFUL AND JUST to forgive our sins.

I think you are still looking for a legalistic way to cover your own sins based on the sacrifice of Christ. But you aren't getting the gospel right at all. It's about an intimate walk IN Christ...not a scheme to get away with sinning. See...you say...it's no big deal...It"s all paid for! Like a shoplifter who thinks she has a rich uncle who will pay for all her thefts. But God will not be mocked.
That is where the cross comes in.. But you reject the cross. So you will never understand it.

You have no understanding of the power of the cross. Your idea is one of exploiting Jesus for your sins. But the cross is meant as the power that destroys sins in the flesh. But you reject the cross.
There was more than enough power over sin in those days. Noah was found to be righteous, As was Abraham, As was Daniel.

The power of love worked just as much then as it does today. The issue of the law was to expose our guilt. and show us what was required to remove that guilt.

You do not understand the law. or the penalty or the payment. Again, the cross is foolishness to you

You can;t claim to be justified UNLESS he justifies you

Exactly. And no one is finally justified before the end of the race. Don't be high-minded but fear! You can still be cut off!
We are justified through faith. By believing in the gift God offers us based on his sons death

That's not right. You don't name it and claim it with God. God is NOT like a used car salesman...although your teachers certainly were. You can't justify yourself based on your beliefs...that's just as bad as claiming to be justified for something you did.
If there are sins not covered. Then if we commit those sins we are doomed forever. there is no forgiveness.

You have no mercy? No surprise there. You have to condemn the righteous in order to claim righteousness for yourself. But it's all in your mind.

Jesus said all sin will be forgiven men..

Like you do?

The context here is the sins BEFORE Christ died to make redemption for those sins. Not your past sins. All of your sins were future when Christ died

It says he PASSED over. it does not say he gave us freedom from.

You have to look at the meaning of words. Aphesis means freedom. Check out the verses. Paresis is forgiveness. When speaking of past sins... it is paresis. When speaking of an ongoing remission...it is freedom. So then we are not to walk in sin any longer....and if we do, we are certainly not to claim we are justified by Christ...in our sin. Jesus is NOT a minister of sin. He minsters freedom from sin. So we are to repent from our own ways and surrender to God.
You still ow God the penalty of your sin. If jesus did not rredeem your sin. your still dead in your sin

If Jesus be not RAISED from the dead...you are still without a means to have freedom from sin.

So then arise from your dead faith about death and be raised into new life in Christ...and walk as He walked.
Never said grace is a license to sin. However, unlike you. I do nto water down the law. I claim sin is sin, and as such, I own up to my sins.

Fine. But know that IN Christ is no sin. Don't insult the Lord of grace to justify yourself in your sin.
I hope you stop mocking God and thinking your sins will some how miraculously be washed away while you reject the cross. And mocking God by claiming your sins are mistakes or oopsies. and you did them on accident.
You are rejecting the cross for yourself to die on...your idea of accepting the cross is to accept a scheme whereby you claim Jesus as YOUR sacrifice for your sins. So that you don't have to go to the cross yourself. That makes you an enemy of the cross.

That is illegal and will not go unpunished. Repent while there is still time. Pray to God to accept you.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are indeed your words. The verse you are misunderstanding is about FREEDOM from sin, not forgiveness.. Look up the Greek "aphesis".

Animals don't give people grace to overcome sin as Jesus overcame sin. Jesus did overcome sin...and He bids us overcome sin just as He did. How? By walking IN Him.
Read and weep my friend. You have no knowledge of the law or understanding of what was said

you will not find the word freedom from sin in this passage, The passage is about atoning the sin of the people. to cleanse the sin of the people

Lev 16:
3 [a]“Thus Aaron shall come into the Holy Place: with the blood of a young bull as a sin offering, and of a ram as a burnt offering. 4 He shall put the holy linen tunic and the linen trousers on his body; he shall be girded with a linen sash, and with the linen turban he shall be attired. These are holy garments. Therefore he shall wash his body in water, and put them on. 5 And he shall take from the congregation of the children of Israel two kids of the goats as a sin offering, and one ram as a burnt offering.

6 “Aaron shall offer the bull as a sin offering, which is for himself, and make atonement for himself and for his house. 7 He shall take the two goats and present them before the Lord at the door of the tabernacle of meeting. 8 Then Aaron shall cast lots for the two goats: one lot for the Lord and the other lot for the scapegoat. 9 And Aaron shall bring the goat on which the Lord’s lot fell, and offer it as a sin offering. 10 But the goat on which the lot fell to be the scapegoat shall be presented alive before the Lord, to make atonement upon it, and to let it go as the scapegoat into the wilderness.

11 “And Aaron shall bring the bull of the sin offering, which is for himself, and make atonement for himself and for his house, and shall kill the bull as the sin offering which is for himself. 12 Then he shall take a censer full of burning coals of fire from the altar before the Lord, with his hands full of sweet incense beaten fine, and bring it inside the veil. 13 And he shall put the incense on the fire before the Lord, that the cloud of incense may cover the mercy seat that is on the Testimony, lest he die. 14 He shall take some of the blood of the bull and sprinkle it with his finger on the mercy seat on the east side; and before the mercy seat he shall sprinkle some of the blood with his finger seven times.

15 “Then he shall kill the goat of the sin offering, which is for the people, bring its blood inside the veil, do with that blood as he did with the blood of the bull, and sprinkle it on the mercy seat and before the mercy seat. 16 So he shall make atonement for the Holy Place, because of the uncleanness of the children of Israel, and because of their transgressions, for all their sins; and so he shall do for the tabernacle of meeting which remains among them in the midst of their uncleanness. 17 There shall be no man in the tabernacle of meeting when he goes in to make atonement in the Holy Place, until he comes out, that he may make atonement for himself, for his household, and for all the assembly of Israel. 18 And he shall go out to the altar that is before the Lord, and make atonement for it, and shall take some of the blood of the bull and some of the blood of the goat, and put it on the horns of the altar all around. 19 Then he shall sprinkle some of the blood on it with his finger seven times, cleanse it, and consecrate[b] it from the [c]uncleanness of the children of Israel.

20 “And when he has made an end of atoning for the Holy Place, the tabernacle of meeting, and the altar, he shall bring the live goat. 21 Aaron shall lay both his hands on the head of the live goat, confess over it all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions, concerning all their sins, putting them on the head of the goat, and shall send it away into the wilderness by the hand of a suitable man. 22 The goat [d]shall bear on itself all their iniquities to an [e]uninhabited land; and he shall release the goat in the wilderness.

23 “Then Aaron shall come into the tabernacle of meeting, shall take off the linen garments which he put on when he went into the Holy Place, and shall leave them there. 24 And he shall wash his body with water in a holy place, put on his garments, come out and offer his burnt offering and the burnt offering of the people, and make [f]atonement for himself and for the people. 25 The fat of the sin offering he shall burn on the altar. 26 And he who released the goat as the scapegoat shall wash his clothes and bathe his body in water, and afterward he may come into the camp. 27 The bull for the sin offering and the goat for the sin offering, whose blood was brought in to make atonement in the Holy Place, shall be carried outside the camp. And they shall burn in the fire their skins, their flesh, and their offal. 28 Then he who burns them shall wash his clothes and bathe his body in water, and afterward he may come into the camp.

29 “This shall be a statute forever for you: In the seventh month, on the tenth day of the month, you shall afflict your souls, and do no work at all, whether a native of your own country or a stranger who dwells among you. 30 For on that day the priest shall make atonement for you, to cleanse you, that you may be clean from all your sins before the Lord. 31 It is a sabbath of solemn rest for you, and you shall afflict your souls. It is a statute forever. 32 And the priest, who is anointed and consecrated to minister as priest in his father’s place, shall make atonement, and put on the linen clothes, the holy garments; 33 then he shall make atonement for the Holy Sanctuary, and he shall make atonement for the tabernacle of meeting and for the altar, and he shall make atonement for the priests and for all the people of the assembly. 34 This shall be an everlasting statute for you, to make atonement for the children of Israel, for all their sins, once a year.” And he did as the Lord commanded Moses.

Atonement - Hebrew Kapher - To cover over, To pacify, To to make propitiation, to atone,

The blood sacrifice was made to cleanse the people of their sin.

You need to study my friend. You either make this stuff up. and are playing games. or you really do not get it. at which case. i will pray for you and those you have as your followers

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am amazed at the people who Mock God and thin k their sin is not willfull..

News flash. If you do not WANT to do something, YOU WILL NOT DO IT
Read Romans 7. The only way to be free of sin is to have the outer man crucified...to liberate the inner man to be translated to the higher kingdom walk. But I think I'm speaking way over your head here.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NIV: continue to work out your salvation
BEAREAN STUDY BIBLE: continue to work out your salvation
INTERNATIONAL STANDARD VERSION: continue to work out your salvation

Several other translations also add "continue". While that word in not in the Greek text, it would seem that a large number of translations believe that it is implied.
It's also a Present Tense verb, Middle/Deponent. The context shows it should be read as middle voice. Something we are doing continuously.

Where it says God is working in us to will and to do, this is also Present Tense, Active Voice. Something God is doing continuously.

This doesn't necessarily point to a "progressively improving process", only that God is presently working in me for my choosing and my doing to be pleasing to Him. And I am to with fear and trembling put that "working in" into practice in my life.

This could mean that God is building today on yesterday, but it can also mean that God is flowing full tilt through our lives, empowering every good thought and word and deed, and we are so blowing it if we are not operating in that flow. This verse doesn't specify that kind of information.

It's like the Fruit of the Spirit. There is a tendency to think of ourselves as becoming more loving, becoming more joyful, but I suggest that thinking is along the lines of character building, while the Spirit's fruit is our lives is the effect on us of walking in the Spirit, and the Holy Spirit Himself fills us with love, and joy, and peace, and all the rest, including self control.

Much love!

Reactions: Episkopos

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am amazed at the people who Mock God and thin k their sin is not willfull..

News flash. If you do not WANT to do something, YOU WILL NOT DO IT
That's right. Considering we've been freed from the power of the flesh, and we are free from sin, all the more so, I should say. We who actually have power over sin should all the more not walk in it!

Much love!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

@Eternally Grateful doesn’t understand this:

“Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?” (Hebrews 10:29)

He comes from the position that the only difference between a saved and an unsaved person is the profession of faith in Christ, nothing more.

Sins don’t matter.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He comes from the position that the only difference between a saved and an unsaved person is the profession of faith in Christ, nothing more.
I don't thing this is a fair representation of what he thinks/writes. Do you care to be accurate?

Much love!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Read and weep my friend. You have no knowledge of the law or understanding of what was said

you will not find the word freedom from sin in this passage, The passage is about atoning the sin of the people. to cleanse the sin of the people

Lev 16:
3 [a]“Thus Aaron shall come into the Holy Place: with the blood of a young bull as a sin offering, and of a ram as a burnt offering. 4 He shall put the holy linen tunic and the linen trousers on his body; he shall be girded with a linen sash, and with the linen turban he shall be attired. These are holy garments. Therefore he shall wash his body in water, and put them on. 5 And he shall take from the congregation of the children of Israel two kids of the goats as a sin offering, and one ram as a burnt offering.

6 “Aaron shall offer the bull as a sin offering, which is for himself, and make atonement for himself and for his house. 7 He shall take the two goats and present them before the Lord at the door of the tabernacle of meeting. 8 Then Aaron shall cast lots for the two goats: one lot for the Lord and the other lot for the scapegoat. 9 And Aaron shall bring the goat on which the Lord’s lot fell, and offer it as a sin offering. 10 But the goat on which the lot fell to be the scapegoat shall be presented alive before the Lord, to make atonement upon it, and to let it go as the scapegoat into the wilderness.

11 “And Aaron shall bring the bull of the sin offering, which is for himself, and make atonement for himself and for his house, and shall kill the bull as the sin offering which is for himself. 12 Then he shall take a censer full of burning coals of fire from the altar before the Lord, with his hands full of sweet incense beaten fine, and bring it inside the veil. 13 And he shall put the incense on the fire before the Lord, that the cloud of incense may cover the mercy seat that is on the Testimony, lest he die. 14 He shall take some of the blood of the bull and sprinkle it with his finger on the mercy seat on the east side; and before the mercy seat he shall sprinkle some of the blood with his finger seven times.

15 “Then he shall kill the goat of the sin offering, which is for the people, bring its blood inside the veil, do with that blood as he did with the blood of the bull, and sprinkle it on the mercy seat and before the mercy seat. 16 So he shall make atonement for the Holy Place, because of the uncleanness of the children of Israel, and because of their transgressions, for all their sins; and so he shall do for the tabernacle of meeting which remains among them in the midst of their uncleanness. 17 There shall be no man in the tabernacle of meeting when he goes in to make atonement in the Holy Place, until he comes out, that he may make atonement for himself, for his household, and for all the assembly of Israel. 18 And he shall go out to the altar that is before the Lord, and make atonement for it, and shall take some of the blood of the bull and some of the blood of the goat, and put it on the horns of the altar all around. 19 Then he shall sprinkle some of the blood on it with his finger seven times, cleanse it, and consecrate[b] it from the [c]uncleanness of the children of Israel.

20 “And when he has made an end of atoning for the Holy Place, the tabernacle of meeting, and the altar, he shall bring the live goat. 21 Aaron shall lay both his hands on the head of the live goat, confess over it all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions, concerning all their sins, putting them on the head of the goat, and shall send it away into the wilderness by the hand of a suitable man. 22 The goat [d]shall bear on itself all their iniquities to an [e]uninhabited land; and he shall release the goat in the wilderness.

23 “Then Aaron shall come into the tabernacle of meeting, shall take off the linen garments which he put on when he went into the Holy Place, and shall leave them there. 24 And he shall wash his body with water in a holy place, put on his garments, come out and offer his burnt offering and the burnt offering of the people, and make [f]atonement for himself and for the people. 25 The fat of the sin offering he shall burn on the altar. 26 And he who released the goat as the scapegoat shall wash his clothes and bathe his body in water, and afterward he may come into the camp. 27 The bull for the sin offering and the goat for the sin offering, whose blood was brought in to make atonement in the Holy Place, shall be carried outside the camp. And they shall burn in the fire their skins, their flesh, and their offal. 28 Then he who burns them shall wash his clothes and bathe his body in water, and afterward he may come into the camp.

29 “This shall be a statute forever for you: In the seventh month, on the tenth day of the month, you shall afflict your souls, and do no work at all, whether a native of your own country or a stranger who dwells among you. 30 For on that day the priest shall make atonemthe Lord commanded Moses.
Atonement - Hebrew Kapher - To cover over, To pacify, To to make propitiation, to atone,

The blood sacrifice was made to cleanse the people of their sin.

You need to study my friend. You either make this stuff up. and are playing games. or you really do not get it. at which case. i will pray for you and those you have as your followers
You are not understanding the purpose of the law of Moses. Although when you say this...

"The blood sacrifice was made to cleanse the people of their sin."...you are hitting on the truth although you don't realize its import.

The blood of Jesus is the life of Jesus...The life of Jesus is without sin. When we walk IN Him we walk as He walked. As He is so are we in this world. This can only be understood by going to the cross and being translated into the walk that is on the highway of holiness...the narrow way that very few will walk on.

It's not the death of Jesus that justifies people...it is His life. By entering into HIS life we are justified by His blood...His life.

Rom. 4:25 “Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.”

The message you hear today is that God loves us just the way we are. He has abandoned the righteous requirements of the law in order to save us. It is "Men don't change...God does!" What an ego boost!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Eternally Grateful doesn’t understand this:

“Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?” (Hebrews 10:29)

Sins don’t matter.
I usually take this persons quotes with a grain of salt.

But for the record. This poster just continues to prove he has no comprehension of what EG believe. His idea that EG think the only thing that comes between us is a profession of faith is in error.. But since he like another person is to proud to actually listen. and he is to busy trying to protect his own belief. I feel they will never see this..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not understanding the purpose of the law of Moses. Although when you say this...

"The blood sacrifice was made to cleanse the people of their sin."...you are hitting on the truth although you don't realize its import.

The blood of Jesus is the life of Jesus...The life of Jesus is without sin. When we walk IN Him we walk as He walked. As He is so are we in this world. This can only be understood by going to the cross and being translated into the walk that is on the highway of holiness...the narrow way that very few will walk on.

It's not the death of Jesus that justifies people...it is His life. By entering into HIS life we are justified by His blood...His life.

Rom. 4:25 “Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.”

The message you hear today is that God loves us just the way we are. He has abandoned the righteous requirements of the law in order to save us. It is "Men don't change...God does!" What an ego boost!
I will just show you passages of scripture. If you will not hear the word of God. you will not hear me

Heb 10:
10 For the law, having a shadow of the good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with these same sacrifices, which they offer continually year by year, make those who approach perfect. 2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? For the worshipers, once purified, would have had no more consciousness of sins. 3 But in those sacrifices there is a reminder of sins every year. 4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and goats could take away sins.

Christ’s Death Fulfills God’s Will​

5 Therefore, when He came into the world, He said:

“Sacrifice and offering You did not desire,
But a body You have prepared for Me.
6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin
You had no pleasure.
7 Then I said, ‘Behold, I have come—
In the volume of the book it is written of Me—
To do Your will, O God.’ ”

8 Previously saying, “Sacrifice and offering, burnt offerings, and offerings for sin You did not desire, nor had pleasure in them” (which are offered according to the law), 9 then He said, “Behold, I have come to do Your will, [b]O God.” He takes away the first that He may establish the second. 10 By that will we have been [c]sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Christ’s Death Perfects the Sanctified​

11 And every priest stands ministering daily and offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. 12 But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God, 13 from that time waiting till His enemies are made His footstool. 14 For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.

even the KJV says he HATH PERFECTED FOREVER

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

If its present tense then it isn't happening in the future. Give it some thought.
Present Tense continues as the future becomes present. The idea is the continuing moment that is now. It happens now, and now, and now, and now, you get the idea. You really may benefit from learning Kione Greek Verb Tenses. There are a number of good websites you can visit.

Present Tense
The present tense usually denotes continuous kind of action. It shows 'action in progress' or 'a state of persistence.' When used in the indicative mood, the present tense denotes action taking place or going on in the present time.

For example: "In Whom you also are being built together into a dwelling place of God in spirit." Eph 2:22
"Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together." Heb 10:25
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think this one makes the information fairly accessible, I think.

Much love!

Reactions: Johann

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
all he cares about is getting people to agree with him..
I don't know that to be true. I don't know other's motives, I can only guess, and I can be wrong. Sometimes it seems pretty plain. But then people can be complex.

So Jesus is the qualified judge of such things, but not me.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s the logical conclusion one can draw from those like him who believe no one stops sinning.

What am I missing???
Not to me. That seems like a major oversimplication, and it looks like the fruit of cognative bias. I'm not saying it is, but that's what it looks like to me.

Misrepresenting others isn't right. Bearing false witness and all that.

You've said that he thinks the only difference is a profession of faith. You've concluded that he doesn't believe in rebirth?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right on brother Matthew....sanctification is over a lifetime not the instant we are justified and declared righteous through God. We MUST mature before we are glorified indeed.
Although, do you realize, "those he called he also justified, and those he justified, he also glorified", all are in the same past tense. Interesting, isn't it?

Much love!