Saved by Faith vs Repentance and Obeying the Commandments

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is gonna be looking at the heart through and through, perhaps some people may have some crazy ideas, but are the actively seeking for God in faith? It's hard to tell on the internet, @L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d. It is hard to read hearts as only God can.

I agree we cannot read hearts.
I also stand behind what @marks says we can glean a lot of who is or is NOT a part of the family of the God I serve in what they say.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, and the strongest indicator of that is

"Hey I don't believe in God, or Believe in Jesus"

Or "They have no kindness towards you and only desire malicious intent".

There are people who are still creations of God and not yet Sons or Daughters.

All we can do as believe is Share with others even if people may think we are crazy, or not even worthy to be around - Jesus is the prime example of what a life lived for God is like.

Glad you were at least not offended by me just saying something to you about it, I appreciate it.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People can say they believe in God but they can just be so piss poor mean to other people and talk down to them and think evil thoughts of them....

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is gonna be looking at the heart through and through, perhaps some people may have some crazy ideas, but are the actively seeking for God in faith? It's hard to tell on the internet, @L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d. It is hard to read hearts as only God can.
Just so.

I think that some will develop a "cognitive bias" against someone with whom they disagree. They don't agree with someone's POV on something near and dear to them, maybe feel threatened or something, and begin to think negatively about that person.

"If I don't like what you are saying, if I just think of you as some unspiritual person, or whatever I think, I don't have to care what you are saying, after all, you are just . . ."

I don't think this sort of thing is entirely uncommon!

We need to be paying close attention to our own hearts/minds, to try to see if we ourselves are being judgmental and rejecting, or are creating some other barrier against truly edifying interactions.

Much love!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do my best in life to judge no one else but myself. Have I failed in life at that? Yes I have. Only Jesus by the spirit of Christ really helps me.

Jesus tells us not to judge least we be judged, are there people who may have strange ideas about the Bible ? Sure.

Jesus was sent to set the captives free if anyone is in bondage, but if people like to be in bondage what can one do?

Love kindness, peace, pursue in gentleness by the spirit.

I found out when I was overcome with anxiety this past year and self committed to our psych ward that the mind is fragile and tricky. Too much junk up there blows fuses. That's WHY WE ARE CAUTIONED ON HOW AND WHAT TO THINK ON, AS WELL AS WHAT WE LET IN !

I now have a softness to those who have mental issues. Even though my husband, son and now my grandson had / has mental disease , I never saw it from their view, it saddens me that I didn't!

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
Keeping the commandments is good, that will lead to eternal life.
Giving up everything for the sake of the kingdom is better. Not many of us are chosen for this degree of servitude, and it is NOT a command.
It's both/and, good/better not either/or.
Either/or is false dichotomous thinking.
Not sure of what you are saying here but in the case of the rich young ruler (Lk 18) Jesus knew his heart and that he would allow his riches to stand between himself and following Christ. Yet in the very next chapter Lk 19 Jesus meets another rich individual Zacchaeus but he was not told to give away all his wealth as the rich young ruler for Jesus knew he would not allow his wealth to stand in the way. Giving up everything therefore was not a command given to Zacchaeus as it was to the rich young ruler.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just so.

I think that some will develop a "cognitive bias" against someone with whom they disagree. They don't agree with someone's POV on something near and dear to them, maybe feel threatened or something, and begin to think negatively about that person.

That has happened to me with others sure if gonna be honest. However, I have to remind myself that even though we disagree they still believe, and they are part of the family just as well, even with their strange ideas. Sometimes I can be harsh, its just me personally.

"If I don't like what you are saying, if I just think of you as some unspiritual person, or whatever I think, I don't have to care what you are saying, after all, you are just . . ."

Surely this has happened to you before. You know some people have told me if you don't believe the trinity your not a true Christian... stuff like that. Sometimes we have to put our childish ways away and let people make their decision, and love them either way.

We need to be paying close attention to our own hearts/minds, to try to see if we ourselves are being judgmental and rejecting, or are creating some other barrier against truly edifying interactions.

Yes I agree and that takes a little work to mend in our own gardens? I suppose. :)
Much love!

Reactions: marks and L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, and the strongest indicator of that is

"Hey I don't believe in God, or Believe in Jesus"

Or "They have no kindness towards you and only desire malicious intent".

There are people who are still creations of God and not yet Sons or Daughters.

All we can do as believe is Share with others even if people may think we are crazy, or not even worthy to be around - Jesus is the prime example of what a life lived for God is like.

Glad you were at least not offended by me just saying something to you about it, I appreciate it.

Lol silly youngin,
I do not get offended that easily but I can get fired up at the first letter of the word...lol

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I found out when I was overcome with anxiety this past year and self committed to our psych ward that the mind is fragile and tricky. Too much junk up there blows fuses. That's WHY WE ARE CAUTIONED ON HOW AND WHAT TO THINK ON, AS WELL AS WHAT WE LET IN !

Your right about the mind. Your encouragement leads us to look to Romans 12:1-2 to renew the mind.

I now have a softness to those who have mental issues. Even though my husband, son and now my grandson had / has mental disease , I never saw it from their view, it saddens me that I didn't!

That is good, that is the type of work field I work in is with people have mental handicaps.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And its hard sometimes working with them, just to say that haha...

Sometimes you Gotta put them in a basket hold.

It is amazing that GOd loves these people too and they can't even read or write!

Amazing how much we as Christians fight over things that we do read or write about... Haha.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just so.

Much love!

Oh I really bombed out at 1st century lady today.
I called her a spoof having her own righteousness , her one gospel, her own way but NOT GOD'S.

Reactions: MatthewG and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I really bombed out at 1st century lady today.
I called her a spoof having her own righteousness , her one gospel, her own way but NOT GOD'S.
I saw that. Sometimes it's difficult, but I haven't seen anyone not do the same at some time! And when you come to learn what she is really meaning, she does not mean "sinless", some sins are "ok" for her, that is, won't result in your new spiritual death. But that you must forgive others everything against you so that you will be then forgiven for these certain sins. It's all in the presentation.

Much love!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I saw that. Sometimes it's difficult, but I haven't seen anyone not do the same at some time! And when you come to learn what she is really meaning, she does not mean "sinless", some sins are "ok" for her, that is, won't result in your new spiritual death. But that you must forgive others everything against you so that you will be then forgiven for these certain sins. It's all in the presentation.

Much love!

Oh I have seen that !
I guess I had enough of her self righteous attitude to implode on me and only some leaked out........, sorry.

Reactions: marks

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's what I see cynical. God is able to enlighten us, even when we are in error about something. We can trust Him for this as with all else, I'm certain you know this.

Much love!
Of course He can. I didn’t say He wasn’t able to correct. But then, that would necessitate our actually having something wrong, TO correct, wouldn’t it? Unless we resist Him and instead cling to the leaven and think every doctrine we have is good and complete and without any error.

This whole side leg began when devin was trying to work out both sides of something he saw rather than pick a side and argue it, ignoring the other side. Then Lambano came with more verses. It was a good thing they were working on.
Any time mens doctrines begin to make themselves appear more merciful than God, it’s a sure sign they’ve got something wrong and haven’t worked in the verses that seem to oppose.

Last edited:
  • Haha

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How a person responds during doctrinal disagreements tells me so much about that person. Someone who will follow the disagreement through to the end, I love to see that.
I like to see that too. Usually, people become too offended for it to happen though.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believe me, I do, the Spirit stops me like I've run into a brick wall when IT RISES.

God is not a respecter of persons and the only special ppl are those that please God to their fullest, not based on what they think but what God knows.

We cannot curry favour with God except we are his and walk in his word and please him by being in his will.

Even then, I'm very very leery of ppl always seeing & talking with angels. Especially if they have weakness they have acknowledged here. God brought us the last special messenger in the human form of himself, Jesus. We have his full message of salvation all the way to the end of his word !
I’m Leary of them too. But neither do I think it CANT happen. But I’m pretty sure there are more fake Chanel bags out there than real ones.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we reveal ourselves by our fruit.
But sometimes our words can reveal arrogance, anger, etc. Flesh.
I fully agree.

I see our fruit being our character, the fruit of the Spirit. A good character will show itself, as will a poor character. And yes, the emotions, the pride, yes. We should be watching ourselves, so we will see it first, and use that delete button.

Much love!