• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not the Gospel.
Not your gospel. It's my gospel from Paul by Scripture:

In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Salvation unto righteousness is by grace. Resurrection from the dead unto everlasting life is by reward.

Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,

Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.

Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God?

Only the righteous shall receive at the resurrection, the reward of inheriting the kingdom of God.

And John's gospel:

If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

Only them doing righteousness of God, are the righteous in Christ Jesus, even as He is righteous.

This is the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is not your gospel of faith alone.

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Faith unto righteousness saves the souls with confession of the mouth.

This is gospel of Paul and John, that saving faith is that which believes Jesus unto His righteousness, not unto continued sinning.

The gospel of faith alone is dead in unrighteousness.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a process. We are saved the moment we believe.
Believing with the heart unto righteousness, is the saving faith of Jesus, that believes we can do His righteousness at all times by His power and grace.

Blessed are they that keep judgment, and he that doeth righteousness at all times.

Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

Don't you don't believe that?

A 'process' of self-improvement, is not the grace and power of God in Christ Jesus.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you find some verses or scripture to support what you saying?

I don't try to teach anything of God, that I don't already have Scripture for. I'll give them here again for you.

Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy; for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.

Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,

Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

We are saved by grace to believe unto righteousness. But only the righteous receive the reward of inheriting the kingdom of God at the resurrection of the dead.

Being saved by grace in this life is good, but only those doing righteousness by grace attain to the resurrection of the dead unto everlasting life.

Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

Believing unto righteousness saves by grace today, but only doing the righteousness of God in the end, resurrects to inherit His righteous kingdom forever.

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't recall seeing so many people who think they know so many "facts" about the Christian faith that are just incorrect, because they try to reinvent the wheel from self-interpreting the Bible. It's mind boggling! Everyone seems to imagine themselves as their own Pope. No higher authority, as far as they're concerned. The buck stops nowhere.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't recall seeing so many people who think they know so many "facts" about the Christian faith that are just incorrect, because they try to reinvent the wheel from self-interpreting the Bible. It's mind boggling! Everyone seems to imagine themselves as their own Pope. No higher authority, as far as they're concerned. The buck stops nowhere.

Provide scripture to counter false doctrines.

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While Scripture is materially sufficient to provide answers, it must be correctly interpreted. Therein lies the problem. Scripture, like any book, is not self-interpreting. In fact, Scripture itself warns against personal interpertation of Scripture in 2 Peter 1:20-21.

If you needed brain surgery to save your life, and someone walked up to you and offered to do the surgery for you, claiming that the only education they had regarding brain surgery was that they had personally read the most authoritative book in the world on surgery, from cover to cover, would you allow them to perform the surgery? OR, would you prefer someone who read the same book, from cover to cover, under the supervision of medical school professors, who had actually performed brain surgery, and were there to point out all the nuences and provide context for the book?

I don't know about you, but I would prefer the latter.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While Scripture is materially sufficient to provide answers, it must be correctly interpreted.
Who needs scripture when one can just make up their own doctrine? Do you remember when the Catholic Church sold blessings in order to avoid purgatory?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your first sentence is quite a whopper, painting many people with a broad brush (and elevating yourself in the process). What is wrong with reading the Bible and understanding its message? It has been done for thousands of years.

We are blessed with a lot of Bibles in English, written for all levels of understanding of God's message to humankind.

I don't think that too many people "imagine themselves as their own Pope". In fact, I have never met anyone who imagines that!

However, regarding the Pope, he is the spiritual leader of the Catholic denomination, but it is a completely unScriptural office. There is no mention of the Pope or the Catholic denomination anywhere in Scripture. As such, both are the inventions of men, not God.

The Catholic leadership has convinced many people that the RCC is the church and that other denominations are false. That is a technique practiced by many people who want people to unquestioningly follow them.

The Catholic denomination has committed many, many atrocities worldwide, including (but not limited to) the murder of "heathens" who committed the unpardonable sin of not surrendering to their armies. Or more recently, the sexual abuse of children (that bankrupted the diocese near me).

Personally, I follow my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I am guided by the Holy Spirit, who was sent to me to guide me into all truth.

I don't follow some intermediary, regardless of the "theater" to justify his "infallible" leadership.

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not your gospel. It's my gospel from Paul by Scripture:

In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Salvation unto righteousness is by grace. Resurrection from the dead unto everlasting life is by reward.

Only the righteous shall receive at the resurrection, the reward of inheriting the kingdom of God.

And John's gospel:

If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

Only them doing righteousness of God, are the righteous in Christ Jesus, even as He is righteous.

This is the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is not your gospel of faith alone.

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Faith unto righteousness saves the souls with confession of the mouth.

This is gospel of Paul and John, that saving faith is that which believes Jesus unto His righteousness, not unto continued sinning.

The gospel of faith alone is dead in unrighteousness.
I'll stick with the Gospel of Jesus.

Claiming Paul and John had their own Gospel is a new one. Odd. But new.

Reactions: mailmandan

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your first sentence is quite a whopper, painting many people with a broad brush (and elevating yourself in the process). What is wrong with reading the Bible and understanding its message? It has been done for thousands of years.

We are blessed with a lot of Bibles in English, written for all levels of understanding of God's message to humankind.

I don't think that too many people "imagine themselves as their own Pope". In fact, I have never met anyone who imagines that!

However, regarding the Pope, he is the spiritual leader of the Catholic denomination, but it is a completely unScriptural office. There is no mention of the Pope or the Catholic denomination anywhere in Scripture. As such, both are the inventions of men, not God.

The Catholic leadership has convinced many people that the RCC is the church and that other denominations are false. That is a technique practiced by many people who want people to unquestioningly follow them.

The Catholic denomination has committed many, many atrocities worldwide, including (but not limited to) the murder of "heathens" who committed the unpardonable sin of not surrendering to their armies. Or more recently, the sexual abuse of children (that bankrupted the diocese near me).

Personally, I follow my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I am guided by the Holy Spirit, who was sent to me to guide me into all truth.
I don't follow some intermediary, regardless of the "theater" to justify his "infallible" leadership.
Jesus promised that the Holy Spirit would guide His CHURCH to all truth (John 16:12-15) - and NOT each individual. He made this promise to His inner circle at the Last Supper and NOT to the crowds.

YOUR false idea about being "personally guided" into confusion is the reason we have tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering Protestant sects that ALL teach different and competing doctrines yet ALL claim to have ven "led" to this confusion by the Holy Spirit.
What a mess . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who needs scripture when one can just make up their own doctrine? Do you remember when the Catholic Church sold blessings in order to avoid purgatory?
No - and neuther do YOU.

The Catholic Church NEVER sold indulgences OR blessings to avoud Purgatory.
This iwasa a abduse by some in the 15th century - a practice that was condemned by the Church.

Here's a question for YOU:
Do you remember the Commandement about NOT bearing false witness??

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Defending the abomination of the Catholic Church is a fool's errand.
That's an impotent statement - especially since ytiy can't prove your lie.
Tell me - what is the name of the Church document that [rmulgates the "selling" of indulgences? This should be easy for you.

I'll waith right here for your well-researched response . . .

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like Sola Scriptura?
(Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15-18, Luke 10:16, John 16:12-15, John 20:21-23).

You obviously DISAGREE with Paul that the original scriptures were sufficient for the man of God to be COMPLETE. You obviously believe that what Jesus and the apostles told us is INCOMPLETE.

2 Timothy 3:16-17
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God[a] may be complete, equipped for every good work.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus promised that the Holy Spirit would guide His CHURCH to all truth (John 16:12-15) - and NOT each individual. He made this promise to His inner circle at the Last Supper and NOT to the crowds.

YOUR false idea about being "personally guided" into confusion is the reason we have tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering Protestant sects that ALL teach different and competing doctrines yet ALL claim to have ven "led" to this confusion by the Holy Spirit.
What a mess . . .
Jesus's church is his body of followers, not the worldly abomination headquartered in Rome.

Pope.jpg