• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thing is....
God's righteousness, is the Cross of Christ.
To teach that this is only given to a baby believer, is a strange idea.
You have a lot of those.

Of course, because of the cross of Christ and His blood. Don't assume I deny that.

But do you honestly believe a baby Christian has all there is to be revealed given to him at the beginning? If so, you don't understand Romans 1:17, and many other scriptures you don't seem to understand, and even more unfounded accusations.
The Cross of Christ is "the Grace by which we stand".
The Cross of Christ is where we connect to God spiritually, and its where God's Grace literally exists.
The Grace of God is our power, and its the Cross of Christ........... as the Cross of Christ, this Gospel, and the Cross itself is our "power unto salvation" as well as our "Victory" over sin, the world, the flesh, the devil.
There you go believing in the wood rather than the Spirit of Jesus and His blood.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
But do you honestly believe a baby Christian has all there is to be revealed given to him at the beginning?

There you go believing in the wood rather than the Spirit of Jesus and His blood.

What a "baby Christian has at the beginning"... is Salvation, Righteousness.... being "made righteous"" by "the GifT of Salvation" who is Jesus on the Cross......
Later, they learn Theology and Spiritually.
If they learn Paul's doctrine then they wont be found trying to offer their Christian walk as EQUAL TO the Righteousness of God in Christ.
If they are a heretic, they will talk about "their Righteousness", and works.... commandments....and so forth.

And..

Paul said that "the Preaching of the Cross" is His Gospel.
Im flattered that you identify me with Paul.
Im not worthy of that ID.

So, Let me show you Paul and that Wood....
Read
Carefully

-
KJ21
For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
ASV
For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
AMP
for I made the decision to know nothing [that is, to forego philosophical or theological discussions regarding inconsequential things and opinions while] among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified [and the meaning of His redemptive, substitutionary death and His resurrection].
AMPC
For I resolved to know nothing (to be acquainted with nothing, to make a display of the knowledge of nothing, and to be conscious of nothing) among you except Jesus Christ (the Messiah) and Him crucified.
BRG
For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
CSB
I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.
CEB
I had made up my mind not to think about anything while I was with you except Jesus Christ, and to preach him as crucified.
CJB
for I had decided that while I was with you I would forget everything except Yeshua the Messiah, and even him only as someone who had been executed on a stake as a criminal.
CEV
In fact, while I was with you, I made up my mind to speak only about Jesus Christ, who had been nailed to a cross.
DARBY
For I did not judge [it well] to know anything among you save Jesus Christ, and *him* crucified.
DLNT
For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ— and this One having been crucified.
DRA
For I judged not myself to know anything among you, but Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
ERV
I decided that while I was with you I would forget about everything except Jesus Christ and his death on the cross.
EHV
For I had no intention of knowing anything among you except Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
ESV
For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.
ESVUK
For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.
EXB
[L For] I ·decided [resolved] that while I was with you I would ·forget about everything [L not know anything] except Jesus Christ and his death on the cross.
GNV
For I esteemed not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
GW
While I was with you, I decided to deal with only one subject—Jesus Christ, who was crucified.
GNT
For while I was with you, I made up my mind to forget everything except Jesus Christ and especially his death on the cross.
HCSB
For I didn’t think it was a good idea to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
ICB

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reader,

"Salvation by : faith alone'..

See that?

This means......God sent Christ to the Cross to become your Salvation......your sin bearer....... your forgiveness., and your Eternal LIFE.

Christ was on the Cross all ALONE, doing that for you and me.

Put your FAITH there, Give God your faith, as He accepts nothing else to thereby take what Jesus has done for you, and apply it to you, as:

= "the Gift of Salvation" and "the gift of Salvation"

"Faith alone", means........Faith specific.........It means faith only in ONE..........."alone".....nothing else, or as Jesus said.....I am THE WAY... not a way or some way to the Father, but ME ALONE>......JUST ME ALONE.... John 14:6

It means when you take Jesus, God takes YOU.

You dont WORK For that as that is your """ FAITH is counted as righteousness."""

The working........The Fruit bearing, comes after you have given God your faith., as now you have entered, by being born again.

= "justification BY faith"....

You are now in the WALK of FAITH.......... because you are born again.

God saved you, as "Grace through faith", based on the CROSS, and now you are IN that Salvation, as a ""new creation in Christ."

You HAVE IT. = born again.

See that Reader?

Now you do the = "present your body as a living sacrifice"......"mortify your members".... "get water baptized " part.,.. not to be saved or stay saved ...but because you ARE SAVED.
For some it is impossible to believe the natural mind is overcome.
And that I think is because their natural mind is in the forefront of their theology.

Which is why they boil it down to, I help save myself and to stay saved. If I stumble I can lose it all.

If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead (Romans 10:9-10), you will be saved by grace (Galatians 5:8-9). This is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God (Galatians 5:16)

We can open threads and argue till we turn blue against that natural mind. It will never relent. Because it is of the self. Self-absorbed, self-centered, self-reliant.

Satanic.
Worldly. Carnal.

Reactions: mailmandan

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
In your OP, you said faith in Jesus is what saves only.

IN the TITLE of my Thread, you mean.

But in the body of the Thread, i teach that Salvation is Jesus, and God extends and imputes this Sacrifice of Christ, the Blood Atonement, through faith.

Faith is not the Savior, however, God only Accepts FAITH, to save you.
Never your works.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nowhere in Scriptures does it say one is "saved by faith alone," rather "For it is by grace we are saved through faith..." and "faith without works is dead..." (James 2:26). They both go hand in hand.

"...not by faith only." (James 2:24)
"Faith only" per James 2:24 is an empty profession of faith/dead faith that remains alone - "barren of works" (James 2:14) which is not to be confused with faith that trusts in Christ alone for salvation. (Romans 4:5-6)

James is discussing the evidence of faith (says-claims to have faith but has no works/I will show you my faith by my works - James 2:14-18) and not the initial act of being accounted as righteous with God. (Romans 4:2-3)

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you are trying to speak about talking to people about their salvaton.
Don't worry, i do this for hours nearly every day.

If you are speaking about standing up in Church and telling the members what Jesus has done for you, etc.... then, ive done that also.
Yes sir, that is our primary works. Can you think of any other works we Christians do?

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For some it is impossible to believe the natural mind is overcome.
And that I think is because their natural mind is in the forefront of their theology.

Which is why they boil it down to, I help save myself and to stay saved. If I stumble I can lose it all.

If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead (Romans 10:9-10), you will be saved by grace (Galatians 5:8-9). This is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God (Galatians 5:16)

We can open threads and argue till we turn blue against that natural mind. It will never relent. Because it is of the self. Self-absorbed, self-centered, self-reliant.

Satanic.
Worldly. Carnal.
You nailed it! 1 Corinthians 2:14 - But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

• Love
Reactions: ButterflyJones

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
"Faith only" per James 2:24 is an empty profession of faith/dead faith that remains alone - "barren of works" (James 2:14) which is not to be confused with faith that trusts in Christ alone for salvation. (Romans 4:5-6)

James is discussing the evidence of faith (says-claims to have faith but has no works/I will show you my faith by my works - James 2:14-18) and not the initial act of being accounted as righteous with God. (Romans 4:2-3)

thats it.

these people can't understand that we do this.....>"present your body a living sacrifice", because we are SAVED., not to be save or stay saved.

They also can't understand that JESUS is Salvation......He is Salvation, and if you have Him in you, then you have Salvation.

Also...
James, isn't teaching that faith is the savior...>He's teaching that faith that is real, with being born again the proof you are saved...will manifest some deeds, "fruit". And if that is not happening then Salvation is still there but the walk of faith is missing its dead.
This person is probably backslidden..... and they are certainly not very engaged with God and their Christianity.

James explains all this as......"i will show you my faith by my works", that prove my faith is vital, connected... up and running.
And he says....>"i will show YOU my faith by my works".....So, that is not Showing God.......that is showing others.....as its people who see that we have any spiritual fruit.........or not.
We dont have to show this to God as He sees inside us.......as He lives in there......"Christ IN YOU, the hope of Glory".

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because it is of the self. Self-absorbed, self-centered, self-reliant.

Here’ what “self-absorbed, self-centered, self-reliant” behavior leads to:

“This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.” (2 Timothy 3:1-5)

Obeying the Bible and ceasing from sin, being diligent to make our calling and election in the faith sure, is not being “self-reliant, self-absorbed”, IT’S BEING FAITHFUL TO GOD!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Obeying the Bible and ceasing from sin, being diligent to make our calling and election in the faith sure, is not being “self-reliant, self-absorbed”, IT’S BEING FAITHFUL TO GOD!

And its fine if you do all that which is on your List......, but if you teach that doing that LIST is how you stay saved, then you just Replaced Jesus's Sacrifice with all that stuff, which is LEGALISM.

Just remember one thing..
Only Who died on the Cross gets you to heaven and keeps you saved.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if you teach that doing that is how you stay saved

“And you, who were once alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy and without blemish, and without charge in His sight, if indeed you continue in the faith grounded and settled, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which you have heard and which was proclaimed in all the creation under Heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister,” (Colossians 1:21-23)

To stay saved you must obey this scripture.

Because even though you started in the faith without works, once you become born again and cleansed, you must maintain that faith in works (Titus 3:8) moving forward!

You have the power of the Spirit to do that now!

Unless you willingly turn away from it (Hebrews 10:26-29).

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And its fine if you do all that which is on your List......, but if you teach that doing that LIST is how you stay saved, then you just Replaced Jesus's Sacrifice with all that stuff, which is LEGALISM.

Just remember one thing..
Only Who died on the Cross gets you to heaven and keeps you saved.
Sadly,

That truth tears at people pride..

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here’ what “self-absorbed, self-centered, self-reliant” behavior leads to:

“This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.” (2 Timothy 3:1-5)

We work to make our God ordained Election by his grace alone sure?

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You nailed it! 1 Corinthians 2:14 - But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Amen. Often that chapter and verse are overlooked. It's God, not us, that saves us.

A

Anima

Faith is not the Savior, however, God only Accepts FAITH, to save you.
Never your works.

It's "by grace through faith" one is saved.

We should pray daily for faith. It's God's gift.

Faith is the only requisite for the accomplishment of mighty deeds. Certainly we have to work, we have to pray, but upon Faith alone depends the answer to our prayers – our works.

God gives it to us in response to our prayer, because it is the necessary weapon for us to possess for the dispersion of evil – the overcoming of all adverse conditions, and the accomplishment of all good in our lives, and then us having Faith, give it back to Him. It is the envelope in which every request to Him should be placed.

And yet “Faith without works is dead.” So, we need works, too, to feed our Faith in Him. As we seek to do, we feel our helplessness. We then turn to Him. In knowing Him, our Faith grows – and that Faith is all we need for His Power to work.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Saving faith cannot be faith alone, because saving faith is believing unto righteousness.

That is obviously not believing alone, because it adds something to believing, and it doesn't include the word alone: the faith that saves is believing unto righteousness.

This is the righteous elephant in the room, that is neglected in all the endless fruitless arguments about faith alone or not alone.

Blessed are they that keep judgment, and he that doeth righteousness at all times.

Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

Saving faith to confess the Lord Jesus unto salvation, is believing with the heart, that we can do righteousness, even as He is righteous.

It is believing that we can walk as He walked, by the same power of God and divine nature of Jesus, that is given unto us by His Father.

Those who say they are saved by faith alone, are preaching the words of another gospel, that is never preached for Jesus Christ.

The only righteousness they believe unto, is a righteousness that is claimed by faith alone, not done.

And especially, those who say it is impossible to do righteousness as He is righteous, declare their unbelief: they do not believe unto righteousness, and so they do not believe the Lord Jesus.

They believe in a gospel of another christ, that saves them with their sinning. They do believe the Lord Christ Jesus, that saves His people from their sinning, because they do not believe unto righteousness, but only unto continued sinning.

Faith alone believing unto more sinning, and not unto righteousness is a false gospel of another christ.

Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Faith alone is the devils' faith, that believes Jesus is Lord, but not unto righteousness. No man is saved, just because they agree the Lord is the Lord. I suppose that makes them better than unbelievers, but no better than the devils that also have faith alone.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Faith alone is the devils' faith, that believes Jesus is Lord, but not unto righteousness. No man is saved, just because they agree the Lord is the Lord

A believer is "saved" because their "faith is counted as Righteousness".
Once this happens, God births their spirit as "Born again" which is to become a "new Creation" In Christ".

God does all that as "the gift of Salvation".
All the believer does is : Believe and Receive.

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Michigan/Sterling Heights
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A believer is "saved" because their "faith is counted as Righteousness".
Once this happens, God births their spirit as "Born again" which is to become a "new Creation" In Christ".

God does all that as "the gift of Salvation".
All the believer does is : Believe and Receive.
To believe as you do is to ignore all of the relative scriptures. Read the account of the Ethiopian eunuch. What did he do and what was the exchange between him and Philip? He did more and was told more than just believe. And likewise, the jews on the day of Pentecost were told more than just believe. Read the accounts in Acts 2 and 8. You're wrong and contrary to God's word.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
To believe as you do is to ignore all of the relative scriptures.

Actually, you should read it.

It says .... that Philip told the Eunuch that He could be water baptized, if he had "believed with all his heart, first".

See that?

FAITH comes before the water..

Jesus said." All that believe in me, i give unto them eternal life".

He didnt say...>"all that get wet, get dunked, get confirmed, get sprinkled, i give unto you""

So, "water cults" teach that you get wet to go to Heaven.

Jesus does not.

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Michigan/Sterling Heights
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, you should read it.

It says .... that Philip told the Eunuch that He could be water baptized, if he had "believed with all his heart, first".

See that?

FAITH comes before the water..

Jesus said." All that believe in me, i give unto them eternal life".

He didnt say...>"all that get wet, get dunked, get confirmed, get sprinkled, i give unto you""

So, "water cults" teach that you get wet to go to Heaven.

Jesus does not.
Why did the Ethiopian eunuch even mention water and baptism? He knew absolutely nothing about it nor it's relevance. Very obviously, it must have been part of the gospel message that Philip taught him. You read it and Acts 2:38-47. The combination of those accounts along with Romans 10:9 relates the message of salvation.