Saved to perish?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quote the Gospel you are referring to.
Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures,
(1Co 15:1-4)

Which is a summary of Romans 1-3...esp 3

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures,
(1Co 15:1-4)
Which is a summary of Romans 1-3...esp 3
The Gospel preached to you, which you received, COULD be in which you stand, and by which you are being saved, IF YOU HOLD FAST TO THE WORD I PREACHED TO YOU

unless you believed in vain...

i.e. it COULD be of no good effect

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Gospel preached to you, which you received, COULD be in which you stand, and by which you are being saved, IF YOU HOLD FAST TO THE WORD I PREACHED TO YOU

unless you believed in vain...

i.e. it COULD be of no good effect
Ok, so you are saying we must add 'our holding fast' to what Christ has done in order to be saved?
IOW, faith in the Gospel.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, so you are saying we must add 'our holding fast' to what Christ has done in order to be saved?
IOW, faith in the Gospel.
Who said "IF YOU ENDURE TO THE END ?"
Jesus ....
I agree with Jesus.

Reactions: Nancy

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Jesus does NOT take away your free will before you physically die - so you can choose who you will follow until then... up to a point... , all as detailed in the Gospel.)

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Jesus does NOT take away your free will before you physically die - so you can choose who you will follow until then... up to a point... , all as detailed in the Gospel.)
Let's not get into free will...For it is God who works in us both to will and do
of His good pleasure.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Non sequitur, so you may have to
quote Scripture ,
or explain what you mean.
We were referring to Paul in 1Cor 11 and you slipped in Jesus speaking to the Jews about the Tribulation, not the Gospel.

Reactions: marks

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's not get into free will...For it is God who works in us both to will and do
of His good pleasure.
If you do not have free will, then it is or will be no use to have any discussion with you - it would mean you cannot be saved at all.... or being saved are just a bot (as noted in the last week - bots can and do carry on conversations, like the well known alexa, et al, and many of the bots are every day more in number than the members signed in )

Reactions: Nancy

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We were referring to Paul in 1Cor 11 and you slipped in Jesus speaking to the Jews about the Tribulation, not the Gospel.
What ?
(quote in context)
What you are saying is not correct as far as I can tell from this post and a few others...

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you do not have free will, then it is or will be no use to have any discussion with you - it would mean you cannot be saved at all.... or being saved are just a bot (as noted in the last week - bots can and do carry on conversations, like the well known alexa, et al, and many of the bots are every day more in number than the members signed in )
Do you turn every thread into a free-will (Arminian/Calvin) debate? No thanks.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you turn every thread into a free-will (Arminian/Calvin) debate? No thanks.
Never even thought of it - no. If you think or trust one or the other of those two groups, woe to you.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No matter what policit group, or religious group, or any group you are in ,

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What ?
(quote in context)
What you are saying is not correct as far as I can tell from this post and a few others...
We were talking about the Gospel as spelled out by Paul in 1Cor 11:1-4 and now you switched gears to Jesus speaking about the Great Trib. And now you say, "What you are saying is not correct as far as I can tell ". Adios amigo.