Saved to perish?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are judging the post on the one hand and yet admit you are confused as to it's purpose?
You have been deceitful on purpose - not clear. It is clear your purpose is to confuse, deceive, or some such thing.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is no 'may' about it. It is as definite as any verse in Scripture...

Revelation 14:9-10 (KJV) And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

There is no "forever" in the verse. If it was meant to be so it would be written in. Unless you have a preference and wish to add in a length of time of your choice.

But there are many other verses that say that the second death is final....dead.

And many confuse the destiny of an eternal wandering in outer darkness for being the same as the lake of fire. Again that is by a fictional preference. It happens a lot.

Reactions: faithfulness

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have been deceitful on purpose - not clear. It is clear your purpose is to confuse, deceive, or some such thing.
A judge of motives, good going. Do you read minds as well as hearts?

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no "forever" in the verse. If it was meant to be so it would be written in. Unless you have a preference and wish to add in a length of time of your choice.

But there are many other verses that say that the second death is final....dead.

And many confuse the destiny of an eternal wandering in outer darkness for being the same as the lake of fire. Again that is by a fictional preference. It happens a lot.
I didn't realise we were talking about the 'eternity' of hell but rather the fireyness of it. You originally said it was a dark place and I added the heat component.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Title: "Saved to Perish"
Final Day (people "Saved" (they believe) on earth, Who Perish in judgment) : Matthew 7:22
"Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness!’…"
Berean Study Bible · Download

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Title: "Saved to Perish"
Final Day (people "Saved" (they believe) on earth, Who Perish in judgment) : Matthew 7:22
"Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness!’…"
Berean Study Bible · Download
Those were the ones not born again (never knew you) and they were trusting in their own works..
Matthew 7:22 KJV
[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, "the sinning saint dilemma" is a guaranteed thread spinner, and not a bad one to push a slow day on the forum along.
Actually it's the Galatian syndrome...adding our works to the Work of Christ as post #66 tried to pull.

Reactions: Stumpmaster

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those were the ones not born again (never knew you) and they were trusting in their own works..
Matthew 7:22 KJV
[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
So?
They THOUGHT they were born again,
They ARE TOLD they are born again,
like many today,
They BELIEVE they are born again....

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually it's the Galatian syndrome...adding our works to the Work of Christ as post #66 tried to pull.
hmmm.... accompanied with a rapid, normal or slow heart beat ,
high temperature (over 90 deg f) ,
breathing in and out .....
water running from their eyes
(with God joining in laughter at the plans of the wicked !)

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I didn't realise we were talking about the 'eternity' of hell but rather the fireyness of it. You originally said it was a dark place and I added the heat component.

There is no combining of darkness and light. Fire brings light. You may have to think about it for awhile.

Outer darkness has NOTHING to do with hell or the lake of fire. These are opposites.

Reactions: faithfulness

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So?
They THOUGHT they were born again,
They ARE TOLD they are born again,
like many today,
They BELIEVE they are born again....
If you were born again, you would know it. The main point was that those people were appealing to their works...those born again know better.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you were born again, you would know it. The main point was that those people were appealing to their works...those born again know better.
No, hopefully not apparently you ? , they believed they were born again, and they were not.

It does not matter at all WHY they thought they were born again - Jesus Tells Them be gone...

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmmm.... accompanied with a rapid, normal or slow heart beat ,
high temperature (over 90 deg f) ,
breathing in and out .....
water running from their eyes
(with God joining in laughter at the plans of the wicked !)
Is your name Stumpmaster?

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no combining of darkness and light. Fire brings light. You may have to think about it for awhile.

Outer darkness has NOTHING to do with hell or the lake of fire. These are opposites.
With man it may be impossible, but not with God.
Hint: There are two different types of 'light' in Genesis 1.