Scripture is not the last word.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Therefore, the scriptures, yes, even the elementary principles of Christ...
once they are elementary to our learning - are to be "left" behind,
that we may go on to "perfection"...which comes by "the Spirit of truth", or not at all.
You make Jesus Christ's teachings out to be spiritual kindergarten. Shame!
Firstly, Christ's teachings are anything but elementary!
True followers of Jesus never "leave behind the the teachings of Christ".
We don't leave Christ's teachings that we "go on to perfection"- that is spiritual deception.

Should be perfectly clear to anyone anchored in sound doctrine , who should be able to see that posts calling Christ's teachings "elementary principles" which we are "to leave behind on our way to perfection" --is a false teaching.

The true Holy Spirit of God always validates the scripture & does not lead away from scripture or away the Lord Christ Jesus.
Nothing has changed, the techniques of the devil are the same, the doctrines of demons, i.e.the spirits of deception, always subtley try to lead people away from Jesus words or away from God's Word, by making distortions of God's word just as Satan did in the garden of Eden.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread was started to point out that the scriptures prescribe a transition from the written word, to the word in spirit. Which has been done with quotes of the specific passages of scripture. But now you say that those very quotes of the scriptures are not even scripture, and team up with your fellows giving false witness of the same. Your rebuke has been against the very scriptures you use to speak against them. Such are the practices of the hypocrites, for which there are many scriptures and no need to quote them.

As such, you yourselves fulfill the prophecies of the false prophets speaking against the sound doctrine of the full word of God. As such, it is you yourselves who are now the very persons we were warned about, who pervert the word of God with their own teachings, adding and taking away, and putting up rules against the pure of heart who hear His voice without the stipulations that you yourselves impose.

And the proof of which is true and which is false, of who is actually against God and who is for Him, is now written here for all to see, ironically in quotations of your hatred. By the same measure that you have imposed, are you now judged and found guilty.
You are deceived and a deceiver.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You make Jesus Christ's teachings out to be spiritual kindergarten. Shame!
Firstly, Christ's teachings are anything but elementary!
True followers of Jesus never "leave behind the the teachings of Christ".
We don't leave Christ's teachings that we "go on to perfection"- that is spiritual deception.

Should be perfectly clear to anyone anchored in sound doctrine , who should be able to see that posts calling Christ's teachings "elementary principles" which we are "to leave behind on our way to perfection" --is a false teaching.

The true Holy Spirit of God always validates the scripture & does not lead away from scripture or away the Lord Christ Jesus.
Nothing has changed, the techniques of the devil are the same, the doctrines of demons, i.e.the spirits of deception, always subtley try to lead people away from Jesus words or away from God's Word, by making distortions of God's word just as Satan did in the garden of Eden.
Hahaha (not funny)!

You have me confused with the apostle Paul...or Jesus. Those are their words.

Apparently you don't actually know the scriptures...and your whole line is completely phony.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People are waxing ugly in this thread...may I remind you that unbelievers are watching, if there be no other reason for you behaving yourselves.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This might be true of those who possess the Holy Spirit of Mormonism, as defined by the first five chapters in the book of mormon (1 Nephi 1-5)...

But there is a voice of God that does not require mayhem....and He is the true Holy Spirit.

As God spoke to Samuel and Elijah in a still small voice...as well as very likely every other prophet who ever lived.
There is no such thing as the holy spirit of Mormonism. God spoke to prophets in the ot that way. He also spoke to the apostles this way. Those of your ilk are neither, and your false doctrines give you away. Since you cannot receive and also reject sound contextual doctrine it is apparent you're a false teacher, and so accordingly you say God speaks to you as he did the apostles and prophets.

Nope. He doesn't speak to you this way, you're deceived.

You aren't a prophet unless we're talking false prophet. Nevertheless none on here are true prophets and God isn't speaking to them audibly. Stop exalting yourself and humble yourself under sound biblical doctrine.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no such thing as the holy spirit of Mormonism. God spoke to prophets in the ot that way. He also spoke to the apostles this way. Those of your ilk are neither, and your false doctrines give you away. Since you cannot receive and also reject sound contextual doctrine it is apparent you're a false teacher, and so accordingly you say God speaks to you as he did the apostles and prophets.

Nope. He doesn't speak to you this way, you're deceived.

You aren't a prophet unless we're talking false prophet. Nevertheless none on here are true prophets and God isn't speaking to them audibly. Stop exalting yourself and humble yourself under sound biblical doctrine.
I am going to pray that the Holy Ghost convicts you; and also that the Lord will receive you as a son.

The "holy spirit of mormonism" is a "different spirit" spoken of in 2 Corinthians 11:3-4 (kjv). In 1 Nephi 1-5, the mormon holy spirit required Nephi to chop off the head of one of his enemies.

@Preacher4Truth, it should be clear to all that you are the true heretic here; for you have three fingers pointing back at you.

What did I ever do to you?

By all means, identify my "false doctrines" and enlighten us with the true doctrines (from the Bible) that refute them.

I certainly don't want to believe anything that is false; I would love for you to show me the error of my ways if there is any error in my doctrine.

But I know that you will not accept the challenge; because there is no truth behind your contention that I am preaching false doctrine.

But if you will accept the challenge, I am all ears to your correction.

Expect me, however, to dialogue with you if there is anything I see wrong with the doctrine that you will by every means have to set forth in contradiction to my own.

May the best doctrine win! (that is, if you even bite).

PS where did I in any way claim to be any kind of prophet?

Last edited:

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hahaha (not funny)!
You have me confused with the apostle Paul...or Jesus. Those are their words.
Apparently you don't actually know the scriptures...and your whole line is completely phony.
No wrong. Context, context, context.
It's not funny how you manipulate and misrepresent the scriptures to say something TOTALLY different then how it was actually written. Don't worry, no one would ever confuse you with Apostle Paul.
You have taken his words completely out of context and put your own spin upon them as per usual which is exactly as I stated. This is probably why you don't ever quote the actual scriptures.
If we want to understand scriptures and learn it's meaning we must read it in the context which it was written.
In Hebrews 5 Paul was scolding these believers specifically saying , you guys know the basics! why do you need someone to teach you AGAIN the "basic things about God's word?" He wanted them to be evangelizing to others but they weren't growing but were acting like new believers. They were not producing any good fruit.
Apostle Paul was not telling them to leave Christ's teachings or leave the scriptures. But that they should be maturing as believers in Christ , by producing fruit, teaching the gospel and leading others to Christ.

Hebrews 5 :11
There is much more we would like to say about this, but it is difficult to explain, especially since you are spiritually dull and don’t seem to listen. 12 You have been believers so long now that you ought to be teaching others. Instead, you need someone to teach you again the basic things about God’s word.c You are like babies who need milk and cannot eat solid food.
Hebrews 6 : 1 So let us stop going over the basic teachings about Christ again and again. Let us go on instead and become mature in our understanding. Surely we don’t need to start again with the fundamental importance of repenting from evil deeds and placing our faith in God. 2You don’t need further instruction about baptisms, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment. 3And so, God willing, we will move forward to further understanding.

4For it is impossible to bring back to repentance those who were once enlightened—those who have experienced the good things of heaven and shared in the Holy Spirit, 5who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the power of the age to come— 6 and who then turn away from God. It is impossible to bring such people back to repentance; by rejecting the Son of God, they themselves are nailing him to the cross once again and holding him up to public shame.

7When the ground soaks up the falling rain and bears a good crop for the farmer, it has God’s blessing. 8But if a field bears thorns and thistles, it is useless. The farmer will soon condemn that field and burn it.

9 Dear friends, even though we are talking this way, we really don’t believe it applies to you. We are confident that you are meant for better things, things that come with salvation. 10For God is not unjust. He will not forget how hard you have worked for him and how you have shown your love to him by caring for other believers,b as you still do. 11Our great desire is that you will keep on loving others as long as life lasts, in order to make certain that what you hope for will come true. 12Then you will not become spiritually dull and indifferent. Instead, you will follow the example of those who are going to inherit God’s promises because of their faith and endurance.God’s Promises Bring Hope...."

Last edited:

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No wrong. Context, context, context.
It's not funny how you manipulate and misrepresent the scriptures to say something TOTALLY different then how it was actually written. Don't worry, no one would ever confuse you with Apostle Paul.
You take his words completely out of context and put your own spin upon it which is exactly as I stated.
You misrepresent what Paul said by twisting scriptures as per usual.
Which is why you don't ever quote actual scriptures.
If we want to understand scriptures meaning we read it in the context which it was written.
In Hebrews 5 Paul was scolding these believers specifically saying , you guys know the basics! why do you need someone to teach you AGAIN the "basic things about God's word?" He wanted them to be evangelizing to others but they weren't growing but were acting like new believers. Apostle Paul was not telling them to leave Christ's teachings or leave the scriptures. But that they should be maturing as followers & leading others to Christ.

Hebrews 5 :11
There is much more we would like to say about this, but it is difficult to explain, especially since you are spiritually dull and don’t seem to listen. 12 You have been believers so long now that you ought to be teaching others. Instead, you need someone to teach you again the basic things about God’s word.c You are like babies who need milk and cannot eat solid food.
Hebrews 6 : 1 So let us stop going over the basic teachings about Christ again and again. Let us go on instead and become mature in our understanding. Surely we don’t need to start again with the fundamental importance of repenting from evil deeds and placing our faith in God. 2You don’t need further instruction about baptisms, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment. 3And so, God willing, we will move forward to further understanding.

4For it is impossible to bring back to repentance those who were once enlightened—those who have experienced the good things of heaven and shared in the Holy Spirit, 5who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the power of the age to come— 6 and who then turn away from God. It is impossible to bring such people back to repentance; by rejecting the Son of God, they themselves are nailing him to the cross once again and holding him up to public shame.

7When the ground soaks up the falling rain and bears a good crop for the farmer, it has God’s blessing. 8But if a field bears thorns and thistles, it is useless. The farmer will soon condemn that field and burn it.

9 Dear friends, even though we are talking this way, we really don’t believe it applies to you. We are confident that you are meant for better things, things that come with salvation. 10For God is not unjust. He will not forget how hard you have worked for him and how you have shown your love to him by caring for other believers,b as you still do. 11Our great desire is that you will keep on loving others as long as life lasts, in order to make certain that what you hope for will come true. 12Then you will not become spiritually dull and indifferent. Instead, you will follow the example of those who are going to inherit God’s promises because of their faith and endurance.God’s Promises Bring Hope...."
Yep. He doesn't read Scripture, nor honor Scripture, but ad libs and wings it. He's high on himself thinking he's a prophet. He's correct though, he's a prophet alright; a false prophet.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This right here needs stopped....NOW!

You’re believing the Father became the Son, which proves YOU do hold to false heretical teaching. Grow up and own up, man!
Ain't stopping...I pray the same for you.

That the Son is the Father (in Spirit) is clear from the following scriptures:

Isa 9:6, For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Jhn 4:23, But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Jhn 4:24, God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Jhn 14:7, If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
Jhn 14:8,
Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
Jhn 14:9, Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
Jhn 14:10, Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
Jhn 14:11, Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

I take it that you believe that there is a 2nd God that descended to become a Man, or that 1/3 of God descended to become a Man. I believe that it was God Himself.

That being said, my belief system in no way contradicts true Trinitarian doctrine.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man up and convince me of your truth...if you can't show the real money, you have no business claiming that I have a counterfeit.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Laish

Feb 17, 2019
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I take it that you believe that there is a 2nd God that descended to become a Man, or that 1/3 of God descended to become a Man. I believe that it was God Himself.
1/3 god ? What are you talking about? If your inferring Trinity you have it all wrong . Your trying to refute what you don’t comprehend. Again you brought a spoon to a gunfight.
Please read up on scripture and someone else’s doctrine before you attempt to rebut something . You have just demonstrated that you completely unequipped . Your going off on something that you seem to have 0 knowledge of .
Blessings
Bill