Scripture is not the last word.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is one group here, that pats themselves on the back for bearing thorns and briers to certain others on these boards, and then there is the other group, that does not bear briers or thorns but sits and takes it while they are "verbally" attacked by the first group.

I think that I will side with the group that isn't bearing briers and thorns; because Jesus said the other group consists of false prophets who come to you in sheep's clothing.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is you when ppl give you sound exegesis...

200.gif
No malice whatsoever in that post...:rolleyes:.

The reality is, your "sound exegesis" is so often contradicted by something else in the word of the Lord.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So which is greater? The Bible or the Spirit?
The Spirit, obviously.

Which is not to say that the words of holy scripture do not stand as the bastion of spiritual truth.

If anyone says something that is contradictory to scripture, I will take the holy scripture over and above what that person is saying any day of the week.

Now if they can show me how what they are saying isn't contrary to the scripture I am thinking of, then a discussion may ensue, in which I may become open to something new that the Lord had not previously revealed to me.

And if Jesus Himself said something that to me, seemed to be contradictory to something that I held dear in the Bible, I would have to listen to what Jesus has to say on the issue and go by what Jesus said.

Reactions: Nancy and ScottA

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is one group here, that pats themselves on the back for bearing thorns and briers to certain others on these boards, and then there is the other group, that does not bear briers or thorns but sits and takes it while they are "verbally" attacked by the first group.

I think that I will side with the group that isn't bearing briers and thorns; because Jesus said the other group consists of false prophets who come to you in sheep's clothing.
There is one side on here who uses sound exegesis and appeals to the scriptures and the other side uses eisegesis and appeals to their emotions.

I think I will side with the former and not the latter.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is one side on here who uses sound exegesis and appeals to the scriptures and the other side uses eisegesis and appeals to their emotions.

I think I will side with the former and not the latter.
Then you will side with the opposite side to what you are siding with now.

Laish

Feb 17, 2019
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I am saying is, some of you believe that it was only the 2nd Person of the Trinity who descended to become a Man.
Sort of still off . He became as the second Adam 100% man 100% God .

That God the Father somehow reproduced Himself and then sent His duplicate down to die for us on the Cross.
Nope Jesus always existed yea before time itself.

I contend that it was God Himself who descended to become a Man; who died on the Cross in fact
Yea God did , and as stated before He was 100% God 100% man .

That the duplication of the Lord took place in the incarnation of Christ: that Jesus was begotten in the incarnation.

What do you believe begotten means . It’s a translation of the Greek word μονογενής
or monogenēs in English type.
Give it a good look . If you have a dissent lexicon like A Greek-English Lexicon by H.G. Liddell and R. Scott. x A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and. Other Early Christian Literature
You will find it there . Strongs of a fair place to look if you don’t have one . You will only get a short one paragraph if that definition. A lexicon will give you a 1 to 3 page treatment of the subject.

If you had any understanding of the book of Isaiah you would know this.
Ok I am going to read again Isaiah tonight . Any hints ? Stuff in or out of context?
Blessings
Bill

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 TIM 4:2
"1 I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of His appearing and His kingdom:
2 Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke,and encourage with every form of patient instruction.
3For the time will come when men will not tolerate sound doctrine, but with itching ears they will gather around themselves teachers to suit their own desires.…"
Indeed. Quotable.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will and there you go again claiming to speak by the Holy Spirit's zero proof of your claims.
That is a lie.

I gave the proof in the Original Post.

Furthermore, anyone who can read and actually knows the scriptures, can read here for themselves to know that you have falsely accused me, and that I gave the proof from the beginning, and gave answer since then, though you did not deserve it for you insolence, you and your fellows.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sort of still off . He became as the second Adam 100% man 100% God .

Nope Jesus always existed yea before time itself.

Yea God did , and as stated before He was 100% God 100% man .

What do you believe begotten means . It’s a translation of the Greek word μονογενής
or monogenēs in English type.
Give it a good look . If you have a dissent lexicon like A Greek-English Lexicon by H.G. Liddell and R. Scott. x A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and. Other Early Christian Literature
You will find it there . Strongs of a fair place to look if you don’t have one . You will only get a short one paragraph if that definition. A lexicon will give you a 1 to 3 page treatment of the subject.

Ok I am going to read again Isaiah tonight . Any hints ? Stuff in or out of context?
Blessings
Bill

As a foundation for your understanding you need to understand that God is the Father, 1 Corinthians 8:6, Romans 15:6, James 3:9 (kjv), Ephesians 4:6.

That is who God is. He is the Father. One God, even the Father.

When you get around to verses stating that the Son is God, understand them in light of the plain meaning of Isaiah 9:6.

As for your hints, look for statements wherein the Lord God tells us that there is no one else besides Him, no God beside Him. Consider also the personal pronouns that are used in those statements. I'll save you some time: look in the latter section of the book (40-66).

Consider that if there is any God beside YHWH, that that God is YHWH, the same Person with the same name.

My primary point, however, has to do with the concept of whether the Son is eternally begotten as through some kind of eternal mirror; or whether He was begotten in the incarnation and then rose again to fill all things so that He might again exist outside of time (inhabiting eternity). Did the fulness of the Spirit of God (John 4:23-24) go down to inhabit a body of human flesh? Then the Son is fully the same Person as the Father (who is that Spirit); while He exists in a body of human flesh, existing also within the confines of the time domain, and the Father dwells in eternity (Isaiah 57:15)

Last edited:

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a lie.

I gave the proof in the Original Post.

Furthermore, anyone who can read and actually knows the scriptures, can read here for themselves to know that you have falsely accused me, and that I gave the proof from the beginning, and gave answer since then, though you did not deserve it for you insolence, you and your fellows.
We actually do know the scriptures that you refuse to quote. Some of us who read the scriptures know that only those who are deceived think they can write their own new chapters of the Bible.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We actually do know the scriptures that you refuse to quote. Some of us who read the scriptures know that only those who are deceived think they can write their own new chapters of the Bible.
Even Satan knows the scriptures. But while I have not added, you have surely taken away, namely many of the passages regarding works and gifts of the Spirit, among which are the promises of God and Christ.