Secret Sisters and Brother Messengers

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I am willing, But of course you do know what we do in secret, Will be revealed, LOL I have always been an open book, when asked anything I will always express Truth, My Life has a message to other's that just haven't lived long enough to fall into a pit,LOL!
So if I can understand what we are to accomplish, I am IN! Go for It!

I know what you mean. :D my secret sister at church figured me out. Bahaha

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ive been getting sleepier earlier though lately since I'm babysitting again and we have been quite busy, so when I get a response that everyone understands and still.wamts to be in, Ill start coming secret buddies. When y'all pm me your facts and encouragements, just put them in one conversation. And if you aren't on for a day or so, just make up for it with more facts when back. :p okay goodnight. Lol

Reactions: Helen

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't believe it is midnight and I can hardly keep my eyes open. This is great. :) goodnight!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  • So...now i send you a little something about myself, a fact or an admission? Then followed by some encouragement? Then you send it to a person and neither of us knows who the other is?

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After reading the rule's I don't know that I will be able at this time to participate! My situation is not good, and my time must be spent with my Wife, but if you choose to include me, I will try to do my best!

Oh well we discussed tons of.stuff trying to figure out how this would work and things. I might over think it. Idk. But it isn't Skype or anything. And if y'all aren't comfortable with revealing facts, because of being the internet and stuff, we don't have to do that. I just thought that would be fun to try to guess and things. But scriptures and praying, that would be good. And if every day is too much, the goal is just to encourage and uplift one another. Support each other in our walk with God.

Any suggestions welcome before we start. Hopefully.In not overthinking and making it more difficult. :D (I have ideas, but am not keen on managing them. Lol)

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  • So...now i send you a little something about myself, a fact or an admission? Then followed by some encouragement? Then you send it to a person and neither of us knows who the other is?

Yep, but facts are not necessary. Only if y'all are comfortable. Just be fun to try to guess who your buddy is. :)

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And prolly a lot of y'all are older, So don't mind a bro if you are a gal or sis if you are a dude. But I know Ill prefer a sister being married. So if anyone has that preference, feel free to let me know. :)

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So tell y'all what. Send me what y'all want for your buddy, and Ill start telling y'all who your buddy you are blessing is. :)

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Alright. All names have been matched and I sent pm's,

Some may or may have not given me notes already to send, but here is an example of what to do.

Fact: my school mascot was a mustang (true of me :D)

Buddy, remember Philippians 4:13 and be encouraged.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

Any other questions, let me know. Since I named all the titles "your secret buddy" in pm, I am going to change it to who you have, so I am not confused. Do me a favor and post your messages with like Day#1 etc, in that pm. :)

Example title: My notes to soso (your secret buddy)
Example title: secret buddy to soso (you)

So each of you will have two pms

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Okay, got it...and you should have received mine this am. :)

Reactions: Mayflower

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry Mayflower, there is a lot going on with me right now and my life will be changing drastically very soon. So, if you don't mind. This isn't something I want to be spending so much time on I had just thought people could send you a simple prayer request, you would send that prayer request to the next person in line and, do the same as they come in. We would pray that specific request for the person every day for a month and then, see what developed in their lives, if the request has not been resolved, we just keep it in prayer :) Your idea does sound fun though! ♥
BTW-this could be done in PM...

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry Mayflower, there is a lot going on with me right now and my life will be changing drastically very soon. So, if you don't mind. This isn't something I want to be spending so much time on I had just thought people could send you a simple prayer request, you would send that prayer request to the next person in line and, do the same as they come in. We would pray that specific request for the person every day for a month and then, see what developed in their lives, if the request has not been resolved, we just keep it in prayer :) Your idea does sound fun though! ♥

Totally understand Nancy!!!! That other thread is for just that. :) would you just like to receive messages?

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Totally understand Nancy!!!! That other thread is for just that. :) would you just like to receive messages?
Oh, no that is okay, I just thought that would assure secrecy...I have to find that other thread...

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is the prayer thread Nancy!

Pray without Ceasing

This was an idea Amadeus mentioned that I really liked. I just had an idea for this too. This one is meant for more encouragement/blessing through scripture. ^-^

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ohhhh you are talking like chain letter through pm?

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ohhhh you are talking like chain letter through pm?
I guess, kind of. Nobody would be overwhelmed and we could concentrate on specific requests for our person...I dunno...maybe the Prayer forum would be even better as then, there will be more praying for a request...hmm. I suppose that's what it's for, lol.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess, kind of. Nobody would be overwhelmed and we could concentrate on specific requests for our person...I dunno...maybe the Prayer forum would be even better as then, there will be more praying for a request...hmm. I suppose that's what it's for, lol.

Lol. It is a good idea. I just am unsure how chain letters work and am working on this right now.

"A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.
Proverbs 17:17‭, ‬22 KJV"

I guess my idea for secret buddies is to pray for those prayer requests that they see their buddy write, but also to give them a good and timely word of encouragement through God's Word. Whether it is just that they are loved, that God is a Good Shepherd that leads them, all-Powerful, etc. Something that uplifts the heart. Because prayer is so important. But praising God and encouraging one another in Christ is also important.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy