• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read John 3:16 and then read 2 Corinthians 5:19.

read them carefully.

We need to read all of Scripture as a cohesive whole. If our understanding of any part of Scripture causes contradiction elsewhere, then our understanding is lacking, for the Word of God NEVER contradicts!

• Love
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
"If you walk in the Spirit, you shall not commit deeds of the Flesh"

"use not your Liberty in Christ, to enjoy an occasional work of the flesh".

The New Man is born again, In Christ, as one with God.
Amen!!....but, we+learn to walk in the Spirit.

What about our old man?...that dies daily?
Online commentary.
We all face the struggle of dealing with our flesh. Paul said, “For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace, because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God...” (Romans 8:6-7) Imagine it!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Took me a while for the Lord to show me what this all meant...I understand it fully now....thank you and Praise God.

The born again, were birthed by God's Spirit, into God's Kingdom.
There is no sin found there, and God only sees YOU as, that one.

So, the disconnect is.... that so many have........

"but im down here and sometimes im not a very good person'...

So, they see that happen, which leads them to believe that its this behavior that defines them, before God, from day to day.
And that is exactly what isn't true.

So, what is true, is that God only sees us, as "made righteous", "in Christ", .... forever.

We, have to get that same perspective, regarding who we have become "in Christ", and never let that MIND, change.
And once that is in place, then CHRISTianty becomes as God wills it to be, for us.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Amen!!....but, we+learn to walk in the Spirit.

What about our old man?...that dies daily?

The "old man is crucified with Christ"....

And day to day, we are to "carry our Cross", which is to submit our TIME to God, as what is most important.

"dying daily" is to be willing daily to put God first, before ourselves... ... regarding .our own wants and desires.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So, they see that happen, which leads them to believe that its this behavior that defines them, before God, from day to day.

So, what is true, is that God only sees us, as "made righteous", "in Christ", .... forever.

We, have to get that same perspective, regarding who we have become "in Christ", and never let that MIND, change.
And once that is in place, then CHRISTianty becomes as God wills it to be, for us.

Why does Scripture tell us God chastens whom He loves? What is He chastening whom He calls sons/daughters for? Is it not to drive them to repentance for not walking perfectly in the Spirit as we should?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

It’s renewing that old mindset.....takes time...once you understand it...it’s easy to rebuke what the enemy wants us to believe.

Reactions: rwb

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh gee, back to the law of Moses v. the law of the Spirit.

Until you understand that GOD IS the Law. You won't understand.
God's law is written in our hearts and minds. It is not the written law given to Moses as far as sacrifices for the remission of sins.
It's not about washing your hands and your plates. It's not an outward...

oh gee nevermind..
This gets old.

Talk about babes..
What can I say?

Hugs

Reactions: L.A.M.B. and rwb

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
We need to read all of Scripture as a cohesive whole.

Wrong again.

The "scriptures" (The NT) says you are to STUDY "to show yourself approved unto God"

The 'fakirs" the religious, always say..>"read the bible".
No,
STUDTY the bible. is what the Bible tells you to do.

READ, a novel
READ, a dictionary
READ a cereal box.

Study the Bible.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The "old man is crucified with Christ"....

And day to day, we are to "carry our Cross", which is to submit our TIME to God, as what is most important.

"dying daily" is to be willing daily to put God first, before ourselves... ... regarding .our own wants and desires.
Yes indeed....again we have to get to this place..thank you @Behold and obviously the Lord first.

Reactions: Behold

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God is "A Spirit" not a law.
So, That's anti-cross, Cult nonsense, that you've stated.
Nothing more.
And he is Alive and Active in our hearts...he speaks to our hearts via his Spirit, all those who are Born Again....Praise His Holy Name.

Born Again by the Spirit of God.

According to, Hebrew 4:12, “the word of God is alive and active. The description of the Bible as “living” means that it has a vital power inherent to itself. Jesus likened the Word of God to seed in Mathew 13. Seed, like the Bible, is not dead, but living, and it has the ability to bring forth more life abundantly.

Reactions: Behold

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong again.

The "scriptures" (The NT) says you are to STUDY "to show yourself approved unto God"

The 'fakirs" the religious, always say..>"read the bible".
No,
STUDTY the bible. is what the Bible tells you to do.

READ, a novel
READ, a dictionary
READ a cereal box.

Study the Bible.

Behold, if you believe that saints of Christ can live in bodies of death without ever succumbing to sin, then it is you who needs to study the Bible and stop taking verses here and there to create a doctrine the whole of Scripture denies. Yes, we are in Christ saints; saints who are not yet made perfect, which is why we are all subjected to discipline that comes to us from God when we sin.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Jesus want the term "born again" corrupted as some do, to excuse their ignorance, their sin, to have their own understanding be prevalent over his truth, to be "the gospel" to others ?

NO, he said this,
John 17:17
Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Why does Scripture tell us God chastens whom He loves? What is He chastening whom He calls sons/daughters for? Is it not to drive them to repentance

First of all, @rwb , Its "the goodness of God that leads you to repentance".

"goodness"... not a beating.

Notice when Peter was first introduced to Jesus..
Peter was skeptical, cynical, and what did Jesus do. ??????

"peter, cast your net"... = "so many fish were caught that Peter's boat nearly sunk"

Peter's reaction? "LORD, im a sinful man". "Peter fell to his KNEES"..

See that REPENTANCE? And that came because Jesus BLESSED HIM first.... = "the goodness of God, leads you to repentance"..

Listen @rwb .....Even the verse you quoted, that you dont understand.... says nothing about bringing them, or "driving them" to repentance.

The answer for you is.... you need to throw away your teacher, your commentaries, and get out of the cult that has taught you a lot of anti-New Testament, deception, "doctrines of devil's".

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Romans 8:7-11​

Romans 8:7-11 KJV​

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
See that REPENTANCE? And that came because Jesus BLESSED HIM first.... = "the goodness of God, leads you to repentance"..Its "the goodness of God that leads you to repentance".

Amen!!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PROVERBS 8:5
"O ye simple, understand wisdom: and, ye fools, be ye of an understanding heart."

James 1:5
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

1 CORINTHIANS 14:20
"Brethren, be not children in understanding howbeit in malice be ye children,but in understanding be men."

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
John 101 "I tell you the truth, the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber.2 The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep.3 The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.4When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice.5 But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice."6 Jesus used this figure of speech, but they did not understand what he was telling them.7 Therefore Jesus said again, "I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep.8 All who ever came before me were thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them.9 I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. [1] He will come in and go out, and find pasture.10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.11 "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.12 The hired hand is not the shepherd who owns the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it.13 The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep.14 "I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me--15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father--and I lay down my life for the sheep

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom 8:2
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Jer 31:33
But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Rom 2:14
For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
Rom 2:15
Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another

There is the law written in stone given to those who had stoney hearts, obstinate hard hearted people.
Then there is the law written in our hearts which is spiritual.

God did not abolish his law. He simply translated it from stone into flesh.
Because the stone hearted could not recieve it. And the flesh hearted is.

Mat 5:17
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Jas 2:8
If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:

Gal 6:2
Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

Did you know that the commandement to love thy neighbor is also found in the law of Moses?

Lev 19:18
Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.

Should we abolish it?

hugs