Self analysis of your Christian witness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is a good and faithful servant? I want details, people!
Consider that according to Jesus, there is none good but ONE, which is God [see Mark 10:18]. So then any person who can ever correctly be described as good must, as I understand it, have at least a bit of God in him.

The faithful part must be found in hearing from the Good [God in us?] and then following what we hear. People who follow people can be OK so long as they regularly check in with God to assure that what they are following comes from God. Remember the unnamed man of God from Judah to came north to Jeroboam the 1st King of the northern 10 tribes. He was definitely sent by God, but in the end he was killed by a lion because he acted one time based on another man's words without checking in with God. [I Kings 13].

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but Rich Man portrayed as desiring a drop of water is the parable being referred to; the one that fit the concept being discussed?
Perhaps it would be better to consider a different parable, such as Jesus being referred to as the Lamb of God. Would you do the same with this parable, and conclude that God is a sheep? Or, would you rather consider that it really has nothing to do with sheep...as I have been trying to impress upon you, as is the case of the other parable also?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
If you quote this, how is it that you do not acknowledge the difference between the two
? wasn't me said that that rich guy would have a pot of money, so you lost me there i guess, plus we are still not talking about the parable that the subject indicates, right? we are still talking about the other one who kept the law already?
but seem to suggest an evolving of that which is finite to be more like God
well thank God that is coming through at least lol, yes, we are called to be "like gods" right, to become like gods

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
? wasn't me said that that rich guy would have a pot of money, so you lost me there i guess, plus we are still not talking about the parable that the subject indicates, right? we are still talking about the other one who kept the law already?

well thank God that is coming through at least lol, yes, we are called to be "like gods" right, to become like gods
I believe our discussion has not so much been about the parables, but rather that the parables seem to support your idea of the world and its timeline also being relevant to God, as if He has gone from being timeless to make time His new realm...or something like that.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I believe our discussion has not so much been about the parables, but rather that the parables seem to support your idea of the world and its timeline also being relevant to God, as if He has gone from being timeless to make time His new realm...or something like that.
ah, i would not say that, as time apparently only applies in our realm, earth, material plane; so, good distinction.

the parable now being avoided was invoked bc of its value to the question, which i could restate if you like

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it was right out of the Book though?
Oh yes, many things are right out of the Book, but look what men have done with those things. How many supposedly Christian denominations are there now based on the Bible? Over 40,000 last I heard. The answers I have are well trusted or not, even by me.This is why it comes back to walking by faith even though we really do know some things. People disagree with one another on the things known and the things held by faith.

Of course I believe I am right but who does not. Me believing it only makes it right IF it agrees with God. This why it is so important for every believer to check in with God very regularly.

Discussions of philosophical questions raised by the Bible? I probably engage in them more than I should. Without God to direct my words, what is it that I am even doing?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha i tell you that there are many more than that, IRL.

ergo answers are not the right frame for truth, right.
Oracles are condemned, regardless of whether they are counterfeit or not, yes
Amen!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(works meet unto rebound)
Oh, okay...and you didn't like my pot full of money comment. Got it.

"and how does this serve the Rich Man, then?"

If the course of his life is such that he comes to realize that the benefits of money are short lived, and that the greater value is in eternal life...then he will have lost his money, but saved his life. This is the confidence that I spoke of.

But, if not, then he and his money receive the same fate.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
of course i believe that i am wrong in some regard, but who does not
to agree with you there, yes
Too many people have not learned to admit the possibility that they are wrong on even things that they absolutely certain they have right. This, as I believe it [LOL, am I possibly wrong?] is the needed pliability for God to redirect us to something more correct or even to show us we are very wrong.

there is a counterfeit for every belief, near as i can tell?
Go very slow on that one. People will argue on whether there is a separate devil entity or not. People will argue on things which as I see it are absolutely foolish. People will argue that there is always an absolute right and an absolute wrong. You've seen and probably even been involved in some of them on this forum. God is working here as well as out where we think we live. Where is that?

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
"and how does this serve the Rich Man, then?"

If the course of his life is such that he comes to realize that the benefits of money are short lived, and that the greater value is in eternal life...then he will have lost his money, but saved his life. This is the confidence that I spoke of.
but this is not the condition that we find him in, see; you have just avoided the point again

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What is a good and faithful servant? I want details, people!

The ones who love most, and are obsessed with the glorious Presence of God Himself.