Senate Watch: The Republican Party in Ruins

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Senator Cruz recently warned about a potential bloodbath for the Republican Party. For once, I have to agree with Cruz. While it is possible that Republicans could retain control over the Senate, it is only remotely possible.

Real Clear Politics' map of the Senate with no toss-ups has Democrats winding up with 51 seats to the Republicans' 49.

Chart here:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/senate/2020_elections_senate_map_no_toss_ups.html

My own projection is 50 - 50. I'm not sure where my projection differs from theirs. I think most people agree however that Republicans will win in Alabama. That is the only seat held by a Democrat that anyone thinks will be won by his Republican challenger. Let's start with that race then.

Jeff Sessions used to hold that seat and probably still would if he hadn't quit to become Attorney General for Trump. The contest in 2017 to replace him was a disaster for Republicans with Judge Moore being the Republican candidate. Moore's reputation was left in tatters, but Doug Jones still won only by a slim margin: 50.0% to 48.3%.

"Ten Commanments" Judge Moore ran again in the current primary but lost to Tommy Tuberville 32% to 5%. Sessions also ran with Trump endorsing Tuberville and Sessions came in second with 29%. Moral of this story: Don't join the Trump administration if you want job security. Many people think Trump's endorsement probably clinched it for Tuberville since Trump supporters thought Sessions had been disloyal to Trump.

The state is overwhelmingly Republican, so it is doubtful Jones can hold on there. RCP lists two polls, both of which favor Tuberville by 8% in February and by 12% in September-October. There was another poll by a group I'd never heard of, FM3 Research, which was done in October and which gives Jones a 1% lead. I don't know how reliable that company is, so I don't know how seriously to take their poll. They did show an interesting result however about how early voting is going there with 65% of the people who had already voted supporting Jones to Tuberville's 23% -- leaving 12% not saying how they voted.

If true, that means the Republican Party has to get out the vote. It might be possible for Jones to win there; and I suppose he might if Republicans don't go vote in big numbers. I expect Tuberville to win; but I'm not sure he will. Republicans in Alabama seem disenchanted with Trump somewhat. If they aren't excited by going to vote for Trump, that could hurt Tuberville. Trump's support in Alabama is definitely weaker than it was in 2016 when he won by 27.7%. Now he's ahead there by 6% in the latest poll -- 45% to 39%. A bigger older poll had Trump ahead of Biden by a mere 3%: 48% to 45%. Trump doesn't seem to have coat tails this time. He appears to be killing the Republican Party when he won by 28% in 2016 but now shows only a 6% lead.

Yes, Republicans know they need to get out the vote; and Tuberville knows he's ahead and is probably trying to stay as quiet as possible so he doesn't say something silly that could lose him the election.

Alabama Republicans pushing to excite their base to vote | WDHN - DothanFirst.com

With the November election coming up in less than three weeks, Republican candidates and members are making a push to get people out and vote for their party.

“We got to excite our base and get our base out to vote,” Houston County District 4 commissioner Brandon Shoupe said. “I think if we do that, you know I think we’ll win so that’s gonna be key making sure your people show up to the polls to go vote.”

Candidate Barry Moore said that staying on the president’s message of a strong economy despite the pandemic will help win people over that aren’t Republican and pushing that message will do just that.

“I think if we stay on the message and stand behind the president, we’ve got a great opportunity here to rally all folks to our party, and so we’re trying to unite right now and finish well, and that’s the plan to play well and finish well,” Moore said.

U.S. Senate candidate Tommy Tuberville was expected to be at the Republican women’s meeting in Dothan but sent a campaign representative instead.

Political analyst Steve Flowers said there may be a reason Tuberville isn’t showing or speaking to the media.

“If he says something out of the ordinary, he can hurt himself,” flowers said. “That’s why he hasn’t debated; it’s his race to lose.”

Reactions: bukka

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me turn now to the Senate seat in Arizona where incumbent Republican McSally is almost certain to lose to her Democratic challenger.

McSally is trying to navigate between a rock and a hard place, not wanting to lose Trump supporters on one hand but not wanting to look like his lackey on the other. Watch her dodge in her debate with Kelly.

First she was reluctant to endorse Trump. ere she is back in the days of being a Congresswoman reluctant to endorse Trump.

Then she backed him enthusiastically. She lost one election, perhaps over that, but then managed to get herself appointed to the Senate when Senator Flake resigned. She continued to back Trump almost fully until recently. The Lincoln Project ran an ad about it.

Now we see her refusing to give a direct answer to a simple question about Trump.

I think McSally's military record helped get her elected. But she waffled too many times about how Trump dealt with the military; and I think McSally lost some voters who expected her to be more pro-military. Kelly, the Democrat, showed more concern about how Trump had blasted McCain and the military. McSally dodged again when asked about his calling fallen soldiers "losers."

McSally, Ducey Sidestep Criticism of Trump After President Calls Fallen Soldiers ‘Losers’

Rep. Ruben Gallego (D-Phoenix) a combat veteran who was deployed to Iraq with the Marines and a vocal critic of Trump, tweeted Thursday that Trump has “no honor” and “can never understand the sacrifice” of American service members.

“Even in a thousand lifetimes Trump couldn’t come close to matching the honor, courage, & commitment of the men I served with & the men we buried,” Gallego wrote.

Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-Arizona) and Arizona Democratic Senate candidate Mark Kelly have since issued comments reiterating support for McCain, who represented Arizona as U.S. senator from 1987-2018 and ran for president twice.

A spokesperson for Sen. Martha McSally (R-Arizona) said in a statement that McSally “has no interest in moderating a fight between The Atlantic and the president over anonymously sourced accusations that have been debunked on the record. As a combat veteran herself, her views on the military and the heroes who sacrificed so much to protect our freedoms are well-documented.”

She also remained silent when Trump wanted to take money from the military to help fund his wall, hurting Arizona's economy.

McSally Stays Silent as Trump Administration Sucks Wall Funding From Military

Military operations play a big role in Arizona’s economy. A 2017 report found that the state’s six military installations and four National Guard Operations provided over 76,000 jobs and brought in more than $250 million in state and local revenue.

Trump is fighting to redirect $3.8 billion from the Department of Defense’s budget. This is in addition to the $6 billion he siphoned last year, which has already put the F-35 program at Luke Air Force Base and the Marine Corps Air Station at risk. If approved, the budget reduction would pull $156 million from the F-35 program.

The 162nd Air National Guard Air Force Reserve Test Center in Tucson is also expected to feel the effects of Trump’s demands. The National Guard and Reserve Equipment budget, which funds the test center, would lose $1.3 billion to the border wall project.

Although money for Arizona-based military projects could face cuts due to the shift, Republican Sen. Martha McSally has yet to publicly speak up for them.

McSally, who served in the Air Force for 22 years and was the country’s first woman to both fly a fighter plane in combat and command a fighter squadron, has positioned herself as a champion of the military. As recently as December 2019, she commented on the importance of the government letting service members know “we have their backs.”

However, she has yet to speak up for the projects at risk, and she did not immediately respond to The Copper Courier’s request for comment.

This is not the first time the senator has stood by similar moves by the Trump Administration. Last year, a $30 million construction project was cut at Fort Huachuca in southern Arizona due to budget shifts toward the border wall. McSally urged the Army to protect the fort, but she ultimately voted to allow the reallocation to happen.

At this point, nothing she says may matter. When one candidate is polling over 50% in a contest, it's over. There aren't enough people who are undecided to change things when they finally make up their minds. All six of the recent polls have Kelly ahead, even the right-leaning Trafalagar has him ahead. He's over 50% in the other five polls, averaging 50.3% to her 42.5%. This seat will almost surely flip to the Democrats. If Trump hadn't been President, perhaps Flake wouldn't have resigned in disgust and perhaps the seat would remain in Republican hands.

In the presidential race, Trump seems set to lose in Arizona too. Trump won there by 3.5% in 2016 and is now behind Biden by 3.5%. I don't see a path for Trump to win either with only 5.5% of the people undecided. Biden is too close to the 50% mark with 49.2% support to Trump's 45.2%. Biden needs only 0.8% of the undecideds to go his way while Trump would need 4.8% of them.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Giuliano I think you have your parties mixed up. For once, what's coming down is looking very bad for certain Democrats who have been insulated from criticism because the MSM have covered their rears for 47 years.

We'll see!

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For such a contentious election neither of the two parties has put up great candidates this election cycle.

ALL of them have major flaws.

It's been sliding down a slippery slope for a while now.

What I wouldn't give for a dark horse like Polk to walk away with it as in that election past. (James K Polk)

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Giuliano I think you have your parties mixed up. For once, what's coming down is looking very bad for certain Democrats who have been insulated from criticism because the MSM have covered their rears for 47 years.

We'll see!
I try to base my predictions on more than my guessing. In this case, I'm looking at what people tells pollsters and sometimes how much money they donate to campaigns. I am also trying to understand the economies of various states to see how that may affect the election.

At the moment, coronavirus is rising more in the red states. That also could affect the elections. Some people may feel Republicans left them down; and then too fewer Republicans chose to vote by mail. Trump supporters tend to be older than Biden ones. Will the elderly feel safe to go vote in person? If the virus continues to rise in the red states, my guess is that some of the elderly will stay at home instead of going to vote -- and that could hurt Trump as well as other Republican candidates.

Saying the MSM has covered rears for 47 years is a vague statement with no evidence given to support it. You don't even name names of the Democrats you think will lose. You have a talent for making vague undocumented statements.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I try to base my predictions on more than my guessing. In this case, I'm looking at what people tells pollsters and sometimes how much money they donate to campaigns. I am also trying to understand the economies of various states to see how that may affect the election.

At the moment, coronavirus is rising more in the red states. That also could affect the elections. Some people may feel Republicans left them down; and then too fewer Republicans chose to vote by mail. Trump supporters tend to be older than Biden ones. Will the elderly feel safe to go vote in person? If the virus continues to rise in the red states, my guess is that some of the elderly will stay at home instead of going to vote -- and that could hurt Trump as well as other Republican candidates.

Saying the MSM has covered rears for 47 years is a vague statement with no evidence given to support it. You don't even name names of the Democrats you think will lose. You have a talent for making vague undocumented statements.

I'll say one thing for you, @Giuliano , you certainly have more time to write loooong posts than I do. I have a job.

Let me be more specific. Biden has been in politics for 47 years. Many of those years, he has held some office. The fact that he has made it this long tells me that some of his "sins" have been covered up by liberal media outlets, which have outnumbered conservative ones for quite some time.

Edit: I can say for a FACT that during his 8 years as VP, the liberal media pretty much gave him a pass, but now we're seeing a change.

bukka

Jun 7, 2020
Western North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think, Prayer Warrior, that it's hard to disagree with Giuliano on these matters regarding the polls. His statistical and news research ability is much greater than our own. I tend to agree with him. He doesn't seem to make many errors. The Republicans are going to lose control of the Senate. If the Republicans had stood up to Trump and didn't do all the bowing and scraping before him, they would've retained control of the Senate. But it was not to be.

Reactions: Giuliano

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll say one thing for you, @Giuliano , you certainly have more time to write loooong posts than I do. I have a job.

Let me be more specific. Biden has been in politics for 47 years. Many of those years, he has held some office. The fact that he has made it this long tells me that some of his "sins" have been covered up by liberal media outlets, which have outnumbered conservative ones for quite some time.

Edit: I can say for a FACT that during his 8 years as VP, the liberal media pretty much gave him a pass, but now we're seeing a change.
You can say it's a fact and put it in capital letters, but none of that makes it true. I'm still waiting for evidence instead of pure speculation.

Here, just for fun, is Republican Senator Lindsay Graham talking about Biden.

And here is Graham talking about Trump before his "conversion" to Trumpism in an ad by Republicans Against Trump.

Perhaps I should discuss Graham's race in South Carolina next? He's ahead by a whisker on average; but I wouldn't bet a dime on him winning. I lived for about a year in South Carolina -- and I never thought I'd see the day when a race would be this close. A Democrat elected Senator from South Carolina? Who would have imagined it might be possible.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps I should discuss Graham's race in South Carolina next? He's ahead by a whisker on average; but I wouldn't bet a dime on him winning. I lived for about a year in South Carolina -- and I never thought I'd see the day when a race would be this close. A Democrat elected Senator from South Carolina? Who would have imagined it might be possible.
Thanks so much for the offer! :) :) :)

Last edited:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think, Prayer Warrior, that it's hard to disagree with Giuliano on these matters regarding the polls. His statistical and news research ability is much greater than our own. I tend to agree with him. He doesn't seem to make many errors. The Republicans are going to lose control of the Senate. If the Republicans had stood up to Trump and didn't do all the bowing and scraping before him, they would've retained control of the Senate. But it was not to be.
We'll have to wait and see if your prediction comes true.

It's a FACT that God will have His say in it! He may have mercy on us yet. This is my earnest prayer.

bukka

Jun 7, 2020
Western North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We'll have to wait and see if your prediction comes true.

It's a FACT that God will have His say in it! He may have mercy on us yet. This is my earnest prayer.

We shall see whether or not the Republicans can hold the Senate. The odds are against them. I agree that God will have His say in this, and I pray that God will have mercy upon us. We are much in need of his mercy.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find the Senate race in North Carolina very interesting -- perhaps a little too complicated, but still interesting.

The incumbent Republican Senator Thom Tillis is not very popular; and at the end of July, his Democratic challenger, Cal Cunningham, had a whopping 9.7% lead over him -- 49.7% to 40.0%. Then out came the news that Cunningham had sent sexy texts to a woman who wasn't his wife. Then the woman spoke up and admitted the affair. Her husband then called on Cunningham to drop out of the race and face military justice since he was in the military at the time of the affair -- and indeed the military is now investigating him.

Husband of woman who had affair with Cal Cunningham calls on him to drop out Senate race | Daily Mail Online

Though the race in North Carolina is critical for both Democrats and Republicans, it has been thrown into turmoil over allegations of personal misconduct by Cunningham, a married man who had an extramarital relationship this summer with a consultant.

In a statement obtained by the News & Observer, Army veteran, Jeremy Todd, said: 'If elected, I can only imagine how misplaced his judgment would be for the people he's charged to represent.

'I firmly believe Mr Cunningham should drop out of the Senate race and ask that his behavior and actions be reviewed under the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ).'

Todd's wife, Arlene Guzman Todd admitted last week to being intimate with Cunningham.

Cunningham's lead now is 1.7%. He is being investigated by the military since that kind of conduct creates the possibility of someone being blackmailed so it is a security threat. He could be charged with adultery which is a crime under military law.

Also on Wednesday, the US Army Reserve Command confirmed that it is investigating Cunningham, who is a lieutenant colonel in the Reserve.

'The Army Reserve is investigating the matters involving Lt Col James Cunningham. As such, we are unable to provide further details at this time,' the Army Reserve Command said in a statement to the News & Observer.

Extramarital affairs violate the UCMJ. According to the newspaper, whether Cunningham could face charges under the code may depend upon whether he was on active duty at the time of the affair.

Previously undisclosed text messages obtained by The Associated Press and additional interviews show that the relationship extended beyond suggestive texts, as was previously reported, to an intimate encounter as recent as July.

Tillis is widely seen as being too aligned with Trump and not caring that much about the people of North Carolina. His campaign has also had trouble raising money.

Cunningham keeps low in NC Senate race marked by his affair

Cunningham's campaign raised $28.3 million in the third quarter, quadrupling what Tillis' raised, and allowing the Democrat to hammer away with TV ads. Cunningham outraised Tillis again in the first two weeks of October, according to campaign reports.

But polls show the race narrowing, and the editorial boards of the Charlotte and Raleigh newspapers withheld an endorsement of Cunningham that they said they had been prepared to give him before the affair. “His lack of judgment ... should deeply trouble North Carolinians,” their editorial read. The papers did not endorse either candidate.

I'd not care to predict this race; but it's currently in the "lean Democrat" column since that's what the polls say. I would say if Republicans could get lots of people to vote for Trump, that would help Tillis. The presidential race is also tight with Biden ahead by 1.8%.

I found this letter to the editor (published today) from a veteran about Tillis. The question about diverting money from the military to build the border wall came up again.

Letter: Tillis Doesn't Help Us

As a service-connected Iraq veteran, I’m deeply disappointed by Sen. Thom Tillis and his continued support for Donald Trump.

Donald Trump does not respect service or sacrifice and refers to fallen soldiers as “suckers” and “losers.” By supporting Trump and his policies, Thom Tillis has proven that the only thing he serves is his own political career.

Tillis allowed $80 million — intended for an elementary school on Fort Bragg, a health care facility at Camp Lejeune, and other essential services across the state — to be diverted to paying for a border wall that does nothing for the state.

Tillis is poisoning North Carolinians. He abandoned the troops by voting to not fund PFAS blood testing and contamination clean up efforts on military bases. PFAS are toxic chemicals that can lead to cancer and have been found in the water systems of 328 military installations, including the supply at Fort Bragg.

He sided with billion-dollar health care companies to take away health care from over 2 million North Carolinians. About one in three North Carolinians have pre-existing conditions and would lose their care without the Affordable Care Act.

Sen. Tillis does not care about North Carolinians, including military families. His failure to lead has hurt all of us. We need a leader who will put our state and our families first over his own self-interest. He is not that leader.

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe the Republican Party will lose the Senate as retribution for electing Trump and forcing the country to endure 4 years of him. I suspect there will be a day of reckoning against the Republicans who elected him coming soon and maybe this presidential election will be its beginning.

Last edited:
Reactions: bukka and Giuliano

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe the Republican Party will lose the House as retribution for electing Trump and forcing the country to endure 4 years of him. I suspect there will be a day of reckoning against the Republicans who elected him coming soon and maybe this presidential election will be its beginning.
It could be a "bloodbath" to use the word Ted Cruz used.

Trump in a meeting with donors was said to admit holding onto the Senate was problematical. Perhaps he admitted it to them in private since it might motivate them to donate money while saying the opposite in public.

Trump told Republican donors holding Senate will be 'tough' – report

Shortly after Donald Trump insisted to reporters in Ohio he expected a “red wave” on election day, 3 November, it was reported on Saturday that he told Republican donors this week it would be “tough” for the party to hold on to the Senate.

Trump trails Joe Biden in most national and battleground state polls. Democrats hold the House of Representatives and expect to keep it, while many forecasters think they have a good chance of re-taking the Senate, which Republicans hold 53-47, thereby achieving unified government.

“I think the Senate is tough actually,” the Washington Post said Trump told donors in Nashville, Tennessee, on Thursday, before his last debate against Biden, according to an anonymous attendee. “The Senate is very tough.”

The Post said Trump also insisted Republicans “are going to take back the House”. As Democrats hold that chamber by 232-197, few forecasters think there is much chance of that.

Senate Republicans face defeat in Colorado, Maine, Arizona and perhaps North Carolina. Supposedly safer seats in Georgia, Iowa and Montana look far from secure. Trump reportedly told donors North Carolina would hold and Alabama would be taken back, but said there were “a couple” of senators he did not want to help.
Even Mississippi is looking closer than anyone would have predicted. The Republican is ahead by only 10% in the Senate race? In Mississippi?

I haven't been following the House races as I have done in a few prior elections; but Real Clear Politics is estimating 215 Democrats, 185 Republicans and 35 toss ups. You need 218 to have more than half. The odds of Republicans getting control are dim indeed.
Map here: RealClearPolitics - 2020 Election Maps - Battle for the House 2020

The elections in state legislatures will also likely be impacted to some degree. Congressional redistricting will be coming soon. Having an extra justice on the Supreme Court might help the Republicans too so they can rule in favor of Republicans.

bukka

Jun 7, 2020
Western North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trump has done one very good thing. He's stirred up emotions so deeply that he's got many people voting.

The mass of people voting may be so large that Republicans have legitimate reasons to be afraid. Republicans, whose policies favor the rich, generally do poorly politically when more people are voting. There are more poor voters than rich ones. And this explains the voter suppression that Republicans in various states are attempting.

This voter suppression is self defeating and will only do one thing. It will solidify a hatred of the Republicans wanting to steal from people the right to vote.

In a sense Trump is very right and is not exaggerating. If more people are voting, they'll never be electing Republicans again.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trump has done one very good thing. He's stirred up emotions so deeply that he's got many people voting.

The mass of people voting may be so large that Republicans have legitimate reasons to be afraid. Republicans, whose policies favor the rich, generally do poorly politically when more people are voting. There are more poor voters than rich ones. And this explains the voter suppression that Republicans in various states are attempting.

This voter suppression is self defeating and will only do one thing. It will solidify a hatred of the Republicans wanting to steal from people the right to vote.

In a sense Trump is very right and is not exaggerating. If more people are voting, they'll never be electing Republicans again.
There probably is no way I could convince you that the shoe is actually on the other foot.. is there?

HUGS

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I wouldn't be surprised if Donald Trump is remembered as one of the most hated Presidents in American history. I don't think history will be kind to him or to the conservatives who elected him. As I've mentioned before, the reputation of these conservatives has been severely tainted in the eyes of the general public. Non-Christians and Christians alike have often spoken out publicly about what they think of Trump conservatives.

Reactions: bukka and Giuliano

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I think this is an important issue. I for one do not see the struggle for the Supreme Court so much about abortion as it is getting justices on there that will favor rich people.

I have already voted; but how the Republicans are behaving here in Pennsylvania still annoys me. It's very clear they're trying to rig the election, all while saying the Democrats are going to cheat.

We have known for years that the Latino vote would become more important in certain states like Texas, North Carolina and Georgia. Also know was that if Republicans could not find a way to appeal to Latinos, those states would eventually turn blue. Under Bush, there were serious efforts to make the Republican Party an actual "big tent" party. That has been abandoned now. We have a president who tells white people he saved the suburbs by stopping the building of low income housing. I don't think that was helpful for attracting non-whites -- I thought it had a racist tone, and I think many blacks and Latinos did too. I doubt it did much to get more whites into the party since there are already blacks and Latinos living in suburbia. White people aren't that scared about it. The attempt to portray non-whites as poor and violent isn't working that well.

I expect Trump has energized black and Latino voters. They want to go vote against Trump. He doesn't seem to understand some things.

bukka

Jun 7, 2020
Western North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think this is an important issue. I for one do not see the struggle for the Supreme Court so much about abortion as it is getting justices on there that will favor rich people.

I agree, Giuliano.

I have already voted; but how the Republicans are behaving here in Pennsylvania still annoys me. It's very clear they're trying to rig the election, all while saying the Democrats are going to cheat.

And the problem with this is that too many people see through this deception.

We have known for years that the Latino vote would become more important in certain states like Texas, North Carolina and Georgia. Also know was that if Republicans could not find a way to appeal to Latinos, those states would eventually turn blue. Under Bush, there were serious efforts to make the Republican Party an actual "big tent" party. That has been abandoned now. We have a president who tells white people he saved the suburbs by stopping the building of low income housing. I don't think that was helpful for attracting non-whites -- I thought it had a racist tone, and I think many blacks and Latinos did too. I doubt it did much to get more whites into the party since there are already blacks and Latinos living in suburbia. White people aren't that scared about it. The attempt to portray non-whites as poor and violent isn't working that well.

I expect Trump has energized black and Latino voters. They want to go vote against Trump. He doesn't seem to understand some things.

I think also that it is not only the racism and the voter suppression. People are simply tired of Trump and all his bombastic antics. They want a normal man in the White House who can speak the truth, mostly, and have consideration for other people, especially those that disagree with him. That is why, I think, the Senate is lost to the Republicans.

Reactions: Giuliano