September 22nd, 2017 End of the World?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JAA

Aug 4, 2017
Jessup
Faith
Muslim
Country
United States
and of course Jerusalem has been "taken" many times; it is a symbol
No.
Zechariah 14.
Jerusalem will be taken then Jesus Christ returns with all the armies of Heaven to destroy the attackers, cast the Beast and False Prophet into Hell and the Good News, rule the entire Earth as King.

JAA

Aug 4, 2017
Jessup
Faith
Muslim
Country
United States
i didn't remember it being in Rev...can you quote it? ty

thought it was OT, might be wrong though

Revelation 2:5
Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.
In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

Revelation 2:16
Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

Revelation 3:11
Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

Revelation 22:7
Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.

Revelation 22:12
And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Revelation 22:20
He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Jerusalem will be taken then Jesus Christ returns with all the armies of Heaven to destroy the attackers, cast the Beast and False Prophet into Hell and the Good News, rule the entire Earth as King.
you are taking "the Revelation of Christ" literally, and making prognostications about tomorrow, contrary to Scripture. Might be best to at least say that these are your opinions, and you do not know for sure.

Reactions: Sword

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Revelation 2:5
Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

Revelation 2:16
Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

Revelation 3:11
Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

Revelation 22:7
Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.

Revelation 22:12
And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Revelation 22:20
He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
not rebukes to those who say "come quickly" though, are they. It's some obscure passage in one of the prophets, if i remember right

JAA

Aug 4, 2017
Jessup
Faith
Muslim
Country
United States
you are taking "the Revelation of Christ" literally, and making prognostications about tomorrow, contrary to Scripture. Might be best to at least say that these are your opinions, and you do not know for sure.

It's what the scriptures say.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I believe that we are probably in the "Beginning of the End"...I don't believe that we are at the End of the End yet. We could well be in the beginning of the great tribulation...with the rise of those who are beheading, raping and killing often now...it has started, but I cannot see the fulness being as close as next month!!!
Sadly the days will get MUCH darker than this. We still have more peace then grief, we christians are not yet outlawed or imprisoned in the west.
I'd like to think that we are at the end, but I cannot.

Reactions: pia and Job

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
It's what the scriptures say.
well, that is what you understand them to say, but that does not mean that is what is meant, necessarily. The context should be "Revelation of Christ" imo, not "when Jesus comes back to put on that crown, which is never going to happen."

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Sadly the days will get MUCH darker than this.
why do you say this? We live in a miracle right now, and no one who ever says this ever admits to wanting to live even 100 years ago.
with the rise
it is postulated to us as a "rise" by the "news," but for all we know it is in decline

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
it is postulated to us as a "rise" by the "news," but for all we know it is in decline

Well , I have guess I do have to agree with you...darn, you messed with my thinking. :D
You got me there...my mouth often says that I do not believe what is in the media these days...but obviously my mind must accept it more than I think.

But, I do believe that the great tribulation will be much worse than we have now. Many before us have suffered far worse woes...we have it soft and easy.
But, as you say...the book of Revelation is about the revelation of Jesus Christ...not the days of darkness. I
hope that you are right and I am wrong. I hope those in Rev 7:9-17 are those who have suffered and not us who have yet to suffer...I have no martyr wish!! I'm a coward, I hate pain. :rolleyes:

Reactions: pia

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
with the rise of those who are beheading, raping and killing often now...it has started, but I cannot see the fulness being as close as next month!!!
Nothing new in all the earth. Theres no more beheadings today than at any other time. The british kicked the heads off of aborigial children for fun.
What about the killing fields of cambodia same as isis nothing new on all the earth. Chinas wars. Japans wars beheadings.

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Helen

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
great illustrations of Christ "coming quickly," though not what i was looking for--ty!
No its not what you were looking for all of them are Christ talking.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Nothing new in all the earth. Theres no more beheadings today than at any other time. The british kicked the heads off of aborigial children for fun.
What about the killing fields of cambodia same as isis nothing new on all the earth. Chinas wars. Japans wars beheadings.

Yes I have to agree :oops: ...bbyrd009 said the same to me.
( in the mouth of two witnesses. :) )
I obviously needed a reminder that the media messes with our heads and spins "news" however they want it to come across.

Reactions: Sword

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there is even a passage that rebukes those who say "come quickly, Lord," that i haven't been able to find lately...

Is this it?

2 Peter 3
11 Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness,
12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat?

o

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Is this it?

2 Peter 3
11 Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness,
12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat?

o
no. again, this is a reflection of a good understanding of "come quickly," iow not one based upon false pride that one is somehow immune from the day of the Lord; which is what the prophet was kind of saying. wish i could recall the key phrase, it is phrased differently, took me like a month to find it last time i looked lol. I wanna say Ezekiel or Isaiah, one of the majors, but i'm not sure.

the point was to contrast those in that passage in 2Peter with those who use the phrase in a literal fashion, expecting a physical return.