September 22nd, 2017 End of the World?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JAA

Aug 4, 2017
Jessup
Faith
Muslim
Country
United States
Not true.
Those are signs pointing to these events:

Matthew 24
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Same events:

Matthew 24
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

Revelation 6
12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

JAA

Aug 4, 2017
Jessup
Faith
Muslim
Country
United States
no. again, this is a reflection of a good understanding of "come quickly," iow not one based upon false pride that one is somehow immune from the day of the Lord; which is what the prophet was kind of saying. wish i could recall the key phrase, it is phrased differently, took me like a month to find it last time i looked lol. I wanna say Ezekiel or Isaiah, one of the majors, but i'm not sure.

the point was to contrast those in that passage in 2Peter with those who use the phrase in a literal fashion, expecting a physical return.

Ah, DOTL, that's easy...

Amos 5:18 King James Version (KJV)
18 Woe unto you that desire the day of the Lord! to what end is it for you? the day of the Lord is darkness, and not light.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greetings,

I'm brand new here and I was just wondering if anyone else thinks that Jesus Christ will return this Feast of Trumpets.

I have studied Bible Prophecy for decades, mostly by typing out the verses, and even though the events have not happened the way Bible experts insist they must, every prophecy has been fulfilled except Jerusalem being taken. And perhaps the Sun and the Moon.

But I can't imagine in my wildest imagination that this is all true and out of all the people on Earth I am the only person to notice all of this.
These are always correct - it is the end of the world for some...every day.

As for the manifest fulfillment of Jerusalem being taken...it has been taken.

As for the Sun and Moon, this is death...which comes to "each in his own order."

JAA

Aug 4, 2017
Jessup
Faith
Muslim
Country
United States
These are always correct - it is the end of the world for some...every day.

As for the manifest fulfillment of Jerusalem being taken...it has been taken.

As for the Sun and Moon, this is death...which comes to "each in his own order."

I use the Psalm 22 method of understanding prophecy while the world uses Psalm 23.

Everyone knows Psalm 23. It's about me, me, me, for me, gimme.

Psalm 22 teaches us how Jesus Christ being our innocent and sinless Creator felt as he suffered in agony in our place for our sins.

What is written in Psalm 22 actually happened.

What is written in prophecy will actually happen.

JAA

Aug 4, 2017
Jessup
Faith
Muslim
Country
United States
If I had to pick an end time date I would go with the scientist, Isaac Newton...

“And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half.” –Daniel 12:7

From a folio cataloged as Yahuda MS 7.3g, f. 13v:

"So then the time times & half a time are 42 months or 1260 days or three years & an half, reckoning twelve months to a year & 30 days to a month as was done in the Calendar of the primitive year. And the days of short lived Beasts being put for the years of lived kingdoms, the period of 1260 days, if dated from the complete conquest of the three kings A.C. 800, will end A.C. 2060.”" - – Isaac Newton

As Charlemagne was crowned king on December 25, 800 by Pope Leo the III so the day of Christ's coming will be on Christmas Day, 2060. If the rapture of the saints (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17) occurs seven years before the time of Christ’s coming the date of the rapture 12.25 2053. However… Isaac Newton notes…

“It may end later, but I see no reason for its ending sooner. This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fancifull men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, & by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail. Christ comes as a thief in the night, & it is not for us to know the times & seasons which God hath put into his own breast." –- Isaac Newton

Years ago I was mentioned in Wiki for using this same quote. I used to go with his 2060 date, too.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You ppl are silly.

Water has become the latest weapon in Isis’ arsenal, after militants closed the gates of a dam in western Iraq - allowing them easier access to government forces.

In a move that could expose residents in southern provinces to drought, Isis fighters have redirected the flow of the Euphrates River, to give them better access to government fighters on the southern bank, according to local officials.

Actually you're the silly one. You act as if you've discovered something new. I've been hearing these warnings for the last 40 years. The only things that changed are the names, places and dates.

You would-be prophets have no idea the damage you're doing.

Romans 2
24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.

o

Reactions: Helen

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not true.
Those are signs pointing to these events:

Matthew 24

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

You didn't answer my question

JAA

Aug 4, 2017
Jessup
Faith
Muslim
Country
United States
Actually you're the silly one. You act as if you've discovered something new. I've been hearing these warnings for the last 40 years. The only things that changed are the names, places and dates.

You would-be prophets have no idea the damage you're doing.

Romans 2
24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.

o
I haven't seen anyone on these forums claiming to be a prophet.

JAA

Aug 4, 2017
Jessup
Faith
Muslim
Country
United States
You didn't answer my question

I just found your question.
Those signs are to be watched for as each one happens we should be more awake. Each one being a louder alarm.
If they stop then those events were not the prophecised signs.
And when they reach the Sun being darkened and the Moon not giving it's light we should really take notice.
Then Jerusalem will be taken.
Then we know that the Second Coming is imenient.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Is it this one?
Revelation 22:20

20 "He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly.
Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus."

I thought it was worth trying it on you...but it's probs not the one.
the passage i recall is OT, and makes a comment more about the people who say "come quickly Lord" with a certain intent; which i would characterize as "those who are waiting for Jesus," although that is just my take. I remember thinking it was NT until i found it last, in the OT. "Come quickly" is phrased differently, which always throws me off. i haven't even been trying to find it--hoping it would just pop in :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
y
The millions and millions of people in IS territory could not buy or sell without allegiance to their Caliph, Caliphate and Flag.
you cannot buy or sell without "allegiance" to the dollar, either; at least unless you have embraced cryptocurrency or something

i'm curious--are you a patriot? patriotic?

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and even though the events have not happened the way Bible experts insist they must, every prophecy has been fulfilled except Jerusalem being taken. And perhaps the Sun and the Moon.

Who is the Beast and what was his Mark?

And please don't post any ISIS stuff. The Mark of the Beast is a worldwide event. I want to see what Mark looks like. If every prophecy has been fulfilled, you should have no problem posting an image of that Mark.

n

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
dwelling on what might happen tomorrow is a sign for you to understand and follow (pay heed to, learn about yourself from, correct), or ignore and be revealed ok

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is the Beast and what was his Mark?

And please don't post any ISIS stuff. The Mark of the Beast is a worldwide event. I want to see what Mark looks like. If every prophecy has been fulfilled, you should have no problem posting an image of that Mark.

n

People without Christ are the mark of the Beast - it is unredeemed humanity - slaves to worldliness/ego/Old Man

Reactions: bbyrd009

JAA

Aug 4, 2017
Jessup
Faith
Muslim
Country
United States
the passage i recall is OT, and makes a comment more about the people who say "come quickly Lord" with a certain intent; which i would characterize as "those who are waiting for Jesus," although that is just my take. I remember thinking it was NT until i found it last, in the OT. "Come quickly" is phrased differently, which always throws me off. i haven't even been trying to find it--hoping it would just pop in :)

They didn't know Jesus except in prophecy in the days and pages of the Old Testament.

JAA

Aug 4, 2017
Jessup
Faith
Muslim
Country
United States
Christ even specifically deemed the days He was in also "these last days."

The Holy Spirit was sent to the Church on the Feast of Weeks fulfilling that ancient Holy Day. Then Peter spoke a proved that the Last Days had already begun.