September 22nd, 2017 End of the World?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
If not Jesus Christ who are they waiting for to come quickly?
to that i would say depends upon who "they" are; the faithful recognize that Christ is with them always, and "came quickly," and the rest are waiting for antichrist i guess. Waiting for Jesus (Who is "with us always") to do something else ("it is finished") so that the kingdom ("right beside you," right now) might be realized ("Understand I AM").

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
"blessed are those who have not seen, and yet have faith."

those waiting for Jesus to appear on a White Horse are miracle-seekers, pure and simple

JAA

Aug 4, 2017
Jessup
Faith
Muslim
Country
United States
that is debatable, but not even the point; they have some grasp of the sun, is all that matters
That's the point. They don't have any idea about the Sun in the Bible. If asked what is the dragon? What are the Horns? Heads? Beasts? Stars? You cannot know unless you ASK the Bible.

JAA

Aug 4, 2017
Jessup
Faith
Muslim
Country
United States
"blessed are those who have not seen, and yet have faith."

those waiting for Jesus to appear on a White Horse are miracle-seekers, pure and simple
No.

Jesus Christ asked if he would find faith on the Earth when he returns.

Faith means believing what he said.

JAA

Aug 4, 2017
Jessup
Faith
Muslim
Country
United States
so you say; but satan believes what Christ said too ok. A pox on believers, imo.
Then why did Jesus Christ wonder if he would find faith on the Earth when he returns?

Most people don't believe what the Bible says, they believe what they tell the Bible to say.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Then why did Jesus Christ wonder if he would find faith on the Earth when he returns?
why are you insisting that He has not returned, when He plainly said "I must leave, so that I may send a Comforter" or, in a different metaphor, "I am always with you, even to the end of the age?" You are reading that exactly like a good little logical thinker is supposed to imo. You are being massaged again, and your pov is being considered in the writing.

That is a contrived statement pitched to an anticipated pov, that reveals itself as either hypocritical or understanding of the nature of truth, and we are both, sometimes one, sometimes another, "two men in a bed."

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Most people don't believe what the Bible says, they believe what they tell the Bible to say.
yes, and you eagerly desire to see Jesus with your eyes coming in the literal clouds (clouds being rather pointedly symbolic of something here, i don't even have to define them, do i) with a sword literally protruding from His mouth, i guess

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
to that i would say depends upon who "they" are; the faithful recognize that Christ is with them always, and "came quickly," and the rest are waiting for antichrist i guess. Waiting for Jesus (Who is "with us always") to do something else ("it is finished") so that the kingdom ("right beside you," right now) might be realized ("Understand I AM").
edit

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
"At least we are bracing for the potential of a time of trouble."

then you are not following Christ, Who commands us to not be worrying about tomorrow. With all due respect.
"I came...to bring a sword."

you are bracing for trouble, and i am here to bring the trouble. The trouble is loving your neighbor, see, that is the trouble. This behavior simply will not be allowed to manifest in the earth without a fight. Try feeding some homeless people, and see if you don't get into trouble.

satan is scared to death of Armageddon, ok; he reads, and he knows that is his end. You are not supposed to be afraid of Armageddon, or Tribulation, etc. you are supposed to be initiating it without even meaning to, yet knowing that no good deed will go unpunished. Do good deeds expecting punishment for them, and respond accordingly, meaning don't react. Trust me, people will start looking at you like your face is lit up ok.

and of course we all daydream about being worshipped, but just wait til it happens to you, you think you got probs now lol. talk about a test.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand the preterist position, etc, but I go by my own Psalm 22 form of interpretation. For example, centuries before it happened Isaiah saw the Crucifixion and said he was beaten so badly he no longer looked like a human being. And the prophecy was fulfilled with an actual crucifixion. From this POV of scripture interpreting itself and a literal fulfillment the prophecies left to be fulfilled are many. The Battle of Atmageddon, birds eating the vanquished, the dead saints being raised, Jesus ruling from Jerusalem with all of the saints from the OT, the blind seeing, the deaf hearing, weapons beaten into farm equipment, God giving us a single pure language, and a machine to thresh down mountains, the lion lieing down with the Lamb, etc.
I am not a preterist, and would have to look it up to even be clear on the difference between that and what I know in the Lord by revelation, although I do know it is different.

I assure you, each of those things on your list, has been fulfilled, as follows:
  1. Following the cross and Christ's declaration (prophecy) of "Jerusalem, Jerusalem" (meaning "peace, peace"), that we have entered into the times of the gentiles and the fulfillment of Joel's prophecy of God pouring out His spirit upon all flesh. This is not a time of worldly fulfillment, but of spiritual fulfillment...not that your list has not already been fulfilled, but that it has. As for Armegeddon, this is a parable in need of explanation: Jerusalem is "My peace" which Christ left to us, and although you should already know, I tell you, we are indeed surrounded and under attack by every nation and people, and it is the Lord who fights and saves us, just as it has been foretold.
  2. The vanquished, are those who went and do go into battle without Christ living in them.
  3. The dead saints was fulfilled immediately after Christ's death on the cross for a witness, but more important "the dead in Christ" is Israel, the "first" whom are "last", whom were given the promise of resurrection. They are with Him.
  4. Jesus rules even now, and His saints with Him; and, yes, from Jerusalem - His "peace", which we have until the end.
  5. As for the rest, this we have in the pureness of His Holy Spirit.
This is the harvest. Then comes the end, to "each in his own order."

Reactions: Pisteuo

JAA

Aug 4, 2017
Jessup
Faith
Muslim
Country
United States
Revelation also says It is finished and it is done when the kingdoms of the world become the Kingdom of God.

Preterists have to ask themselves why the Apostle John never told anyone that everything had been accomplished even though he lived for decades after Jesus Christ ascended into Heaven.

JAA

Aug 4, 2017
Jessup
Faith
Muslim
Country
United States
why are you insisting that He has not returned, when He plainly said "I must leave, so that I may send a Comforter" or, in a different metaphor, "I am always with you, even to the end of the age?" You are reading that exactly like a good little logical thinker is supposed to imo. You are being massaged again, and your pov is being considered in the writing.

That is a contrived statement pitched to an anticipated pov, that reveals itself as either hypocritical or understanding of the nature of truth, and we are both, sometimes one, sometimes another, "two men in a bed."
Polycarp, John's student waited for Christmas to return.

There are many schools of interpretation and people from opposing camps can get together from now till the end of time and never change the other persons mind. We know all the arguments and have chosen sides. I'm just here to say look at this. That's all. What people do with it is up to them.

JAA

Aug 4, 2017
Jessup
Faith
Muslim
Country
United States
fwiw i believed all that for the longest myself, ok. 20 years. taught sunday school on it. all that.
Did you teach about the Annual Holy Days and their fulfillment? About Bible prophecy and how Matthew 24 explains the Seals in plain language? That the 22 Psalm described how Jesus Christ experienced the Crucifixion?

JAA

Aug 4, 2017
Jessup
Faith
Muslim
Country
United States
Polycarp, John's student waited for Christmas to return.

There are many schools of interpretation and people from opposing camps can get together from now till the end of time and never change the other persons mind. We know all the arguments and have chosen sides. I'm just here to say look at this. That's all. What people do with it is up to them.
This cell has a mind of it's own, especially the spellcheck. The Polycarp post was far from over and I was going to add some of his writings and others to show that they believed on the Second Coming. But all of that is off topic and a diversion. People with opposing views will never agree. I'm just posting this for those who will consider it.

JAA

Aug 4, 2017
Jessup
Faith
Muslim
Country
United States
yes, and you eagerly desire to see Jesus with your eyes coming in the literal clouds (clouds being rather pointedly symbolic of something here, i don't even have to define them, do i) with a sword literally protruding from His mouth, i guess
The angel said he will return the same way he left.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Greetings,

I'm brand new here and I was just wondering if anyone else thinks that Jesus Christ will return this Feast of Trumpets.

I have studied Bible Prophecy for decades, mostly by typing out the verses, and even though the events have not happened the way Bible experts insist they must, every prophecy has been fulfilled except Jerusalem being taken. And perhaps the Sun and the Moon.

But I can't imagine in my wildest imagination that this is all true and out of all the people on Earth I am the only person to notice all of this.
September 22nd, 2017 End of the World?

So you going to be here on the 23 september? I do hope you will drop by then and not run and hide.

Oh yes and I just thought of something else will you put you bank account over to me? On the 21 september? No you wont so stop this nonsense.

Reactions: bbyrd009 and ScottA