Shall we discuss this?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why don't you supply us with the biblical examples to which you refer?
Some of the best examples in the Gospel of John are found between chapters 14 and 17.

And I [JESUS] will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter [THE HOLY SPIRIT], that He may abide with you for ever... But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, [THE NAME OF JESUS] he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. (Jn 14:16, 26)

It is simply amazing that people who call themselves Christians have no clue about the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. They should be ashamed of themselves. Even Muslims have a better understanding of their god Allah (who is clearly not the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob),

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God....

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:...

12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Are you uncomfortable with such strange 1st century terms from the Apostles and Jesus?

Should we greet one another like Paul did in Eph 1:3(above)?
Perspectives.
If Jesus acknowledges people speak the truth, does that make Him not the truth. The Father is God to all.
How could Jesus not call the Father His God?
When the Father sees Jesus He sees God.lingustically to call something God means for us humans we are not. This is an implied assumption, but this does not apply to Jesus.

Implied assumptions is how we speak most of the time but fail in unique situations like Jesus talking about the Father.
God bless you

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The fact is, the farther we get from a dead language, the less we know.

Just imagine how accurate these "scholars" will be in 500 years...LOL
Truth is not limited by time. God's word is eternal. By dwelling in Him do we begin to see what matters.
It is not the historical aspect of the garden of Eden that matters but the relationship realities that exist.

Most of scripture is about what is significant, eternally. In our hearts we know this but in the world it's temptations loom large. God bless you

Reactions: Enoch111

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, of course not.

Just a brother reading John's writings literally and astonished of how they contradict Christendom's teachings.

The status quo is straight up RCC in their Godhead ideas.
John's writings contradict Christianity? So you just pick out the parts of the Bible you like and make your own religion!

Reactions: Renniks

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fact is, God is inside Jesus' omnipresent body now, qualifying Jesus as his inner God by default.

This happened to Jesus' human spirit after his God resurrected it(him) from the dead.
Guess you haven't heard, Jesus is God.

John 1 The Word was God.
The Word became flesh and dwelt among us.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I actually understand it better than most teachers...to a fault.

I think of things they inadvertently teach before they teach it.

Like when Jesus was made by a divinely created sperm cell to mate with Mary's egg cell, creating both the son of God and the son of man(David).

Incarnationists are aghast to find this out...that Mary was the biological mother of God's flesh....AKA, mother of God.

I just gave you the missing clue of how Mary got her RCC stature.

Thank me later.
How many Books of the Bible do you reject?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is that funny? It's trinitarian. Jesus was fully human and fully God and worked with and through the spirit and vice versa.
It says Jesus was full of God(Holy Ghost), not fully God.

I also am full of the Holy Ghost, but not a bit God.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truther,

You didn't tell us you quoted from John 20:17; Eph 1:3; and Rev 3:12. When you remove the context, you don't provide the opportunity to accurately interpret.

So you are a non-trinitarian.

Oz
The verses interpret themselves, which verses are non trinitarian, non oneness and non incarnationist.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not disagree with the 3 verses of the OP. I probably disagree with your interpretation as you seem to be promoting non-trinitarianism.
i just posted the 3 verses to see who can explain to me how Jesus, who was in heaven for years, was speaking about his God still.

These verses are universally ignored by Christendom, and never elaborated on in ministry.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't cross it if I have no idea what it is anyway...
GINOLJC, to all.

First that a good assessment. but why say then,
Sorry, but I find that about as clear as mud.
Jesus is God, and that's it? No father?
now you have no Idea what it is anyway? proverb states, Proverbs 18:13 "He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him."

so you called it "MUD", and now you don't know? I made myself clear in post #252. but if you like to discuss this doctrine of "diversified oneness", there is no shame in my game. but if you get stuck in the mud as you say, it's on you....

PICJAG.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i just posted the 3 verses to see who can explain to me how Jesus, who was in heaven for years, was speaking about his God still.

These verses are universally ignored by Christendom, and never elaborated on in ministry.
John 3:13
13 No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven.

Jesus is God the Creator!

Col 1 By Jesus all things were created!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perspectives.
If Jesus acknowledges people speak the truth, does that make Him not the truth. The Father is God to all.
How could Jesus not call the Father His God?
When the Father sees Jesus He sees God.lingustically to call something God means for us humans we are not. This is an implied assumption, but this does not apply to Jesus.

Implied assumptions is how we speak most of the time but fail in unique situations like Jesus talking about the Father.
God bless you
All I am saying is I am trying to begin to speak 1st century vernacular like they did.

I am learning to say "Jesus' God" etc in my everyday conversations.

It is as 1st century as it can get.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth is not limited by time. God's word is eternal. By dwelling in Him do we begin to see what matters.
It is not the historical aspect of the garden of Eden that matters but the relationship realities that exist.

Most of scripture is about what is significant, eternally. In our hearts we know this but in the world it's temptations loom large. God bless you
The truth in our language was translated for us 400 years ago, not, will be translated for us some 400 years from now.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John's writings contradict Christianity? So you just pick out the parts of the Bible you like and make your own religion!
No, I can post numerous verses like the OP verses that cause Christianity to draw back.

Why?

Maybe they have the wrong idea?

I think so.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The truth in our language was translated for us 400 years ago, not, will be translated for us some 400 years from now.
Which Books of the Bible do you reject? Are you an expert in Bible languages? 2 very simple questions!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Guess you haven't heard, Jesus is God.

John 1 The Word was God.
The Word became flesh and dwelt among us.
The spoken word was MADE flesh(KJV).

Get it right.