Shall we discuss this?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Barney, don't you guys teach the Jesus is Michael the Archangel that gave his life?[/QUOTE

Michael is the only holy angel other than Gabriel named in the Bible, and the only one called “archangel.” Jude 9
Michael was called “the prince of Daniel’s people,” “the great prince who is standing in behalf of the sons of Daniel’s people.” Da 10: 13, 20, 21; 12:1 This points to Michael as the angel who led the Israelites through the wilderness. Exodus 23:20, 21, 23; 32:34; 33:2. Lending support to this conclusion is the fact that "Michael the archangel had a difference with the Devil and was disputing about Moses' body" Jude 9

Scriptural evidence indicates that the name Michael applied to God’s Son before he left heaven to become Jesus Christ and also after his return. Michael is the only one said to be “the archangel,” meaning “chief angel,” or “principal angel.” The term occurs in the Bible only in the singular. It seems to imply to me that there is but one whom God has designated chief, or head, of the angelic host. A 1 Thessalonians 4:16 the voice of the resurrected Lord Jesus Christ is described as being that of an archangel, suggesting that he is, in fact, himself the archangel. This text depicts him as descending from heaven with “a commanding call.” It is only logical, therefore, that the voice expressing this commanding call be described by a word that would not diminish or detract from the great authority that Christ Jesus now has as King of kings and Lord of lords. If the designation “archangel” applied, not to Jesus Christ, but to other angels, then the reference to “an archangel’s voice” would not be appropriate. In that case it would be describing a voice of lesser authority than that of the Son of God.

There are also other correspondencies establishing that Michael is actually the Son of God. Daniel, after making the first reference to Michael Daniel 10:13 recorded a prophecy reaching down to “the time of the end” Daniel 11:40 and then stated: “And during that time Michael will stand up, the great prince who is standing in behalf of the sons of Daniel’s people.” Daniel 12:1 Michael’s ‘standing up’ was to be associated with “a time of distress such as has not been made to occur since there came to be a nation until that time.” Daniel 12:1 In Daniel’s prophecy, ‘standing up’ frequently refers to the action of a king, either taking up his royal power or acting effectively in his capacity as king. Daniel 11:2-4, 7, 16b, 20, 21 This supports the conclusion that Michael is Jesus Christ, since Jesus is Jehovah’s appointed King, commissioned to destroy all the nations at Har–Magedon. Revelations 11:15; 16:14-16

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
By definition, you are then attempting to discredit what Scripture plainly says, and more important is that you neglect to supply any Scripture in context that says differently.

Therefore, your reply is merely an unsupported "nuh-uh"
Which bit, And teh word became flesh or the part, This is my son in whom I am well pleased hear Him.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you really do teach that Michael the Archangel became a sperm cell, then eventually grew into a man then died for our sins.

I didn't know that someone taught "God was in an angel(Michael), reconciling the world to Himself, etc" or "In the beginning was an angel, and angel was with God and an angel was God" too.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you really do teach that Michael the Archangel became a sperm cell, then eventually grew into a man then died for our sins.

I didn't know that someone taught "God was in an angel(Michael), reconciling the world to Himself, etc" or "In the beginning was an angel, and angel was with God and an angel was God" too.

That's how you choose to see things because of what I posted, that's not what I was saying.

icxn

Oct 6, 2018
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point is that when Jesus says he has a Father and God at John 20:17 he wasn't a man, so I don't agree with your statement that the reason Jesus called his Father his God was that he was a man.
Forty pages of arguing and agitation without any resolution. Why add more? Why not part ways in peace?

Quote:
One day some Arians came to see Abba Sisoes on Abba Anthony's mountain and they began to speak against the orthodox faith. The old man gave them no answer but he called his disciple and said to him, 'Abraham, bring me the book of Saint Athanasius and read it.' Then they were silent as their heresy was unmasked and he sent them away in peace. - The Desert Fathers

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Forty pages of arguing and agitation without any resolution. Why add more? Why not part ways in peace?

Quote:
One day some Arians came to see Abba Sisoes on Abba Anthony's mountain and they began to speak against the orthodox faith. The old man gave them no answer but he called his disciple and said to him, 'Abraham, bring me the book of Saint Athanasius and read it.' Then they were silent as their heresy was unmasked and he sent them away in peace. - The Desert Fathers

I don't consider disagreeing someone a heresy, but I'll go in peace let you think what you want

Reactions: Truther

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't consider disagreeing someone a heresy, but I'll go in peace let you think what you want
No, you stick around and argue your ideas anytime you want on my threads.

It is better to debate a cause without settling it, than to settle it without debating it...agreed?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it wasn't Jesus who "became flesh and dwelt among us" then who was it?

"The Word was God"
The spoken word of God was made flesh.

Let's make a deal here...

I will not call your spoken word a separate and distinct person if you will not call the spoken word of God a separate and distinct person, okay?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're making that up!

Col 1 By Him all things were created.
Gen 1 In the beginning GOD created the Heavens and the Earth.

Jesus is God!
The spoken word in Gen 1 made everything.(God said....)

The spoken word was eventually made flesh....

20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord ...

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you stick around and argue your ideas anytime you want on my threads.

It is better to debate a cause without settling it, than to settle it without debating it...agreed?

I don't think arguing about ideas is what someone should do. Debating and arguing are not the same thing, at least I don't think so.