Shalom from Jerusalem

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tehilah BaAretz

Apr 19, 2011
Jerusalem, Israel
Hello to the board! I live in Jerusalem, Israel where I work as an Israeli tour guide. I've been a believer for many years and I am also ordained with the Assemblies of God (In Southern Missouri.) I see that there are members here who are solidly anti-Israel. Obviously, I am not but I don't mind answering questions from those who are provided the questions are civil and the answers are respected. Blessings and Shalom from Jerusalem!

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
Hello to the board! I live in Jerusalem, Israel where I work as an Israeli tour guide. I've been a believer for many years and I am also ordained with the Assemblies of God (In Southern Missouri.) I see that there are members here who are solidly anti-Israel. Obviously, I am not but I don't mind answering questions from those who are provided the questions are civil and the answers are respected. Blessings and Shalom from Jerusalem!

Hi and welcome.
Anyone who is anti Israel would have to be mislead some how, just like the jews ect are mislead about Jesus Christ.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sir... Honored to have you! God's blessings on Israel!

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007

Welcome to the board! Yes, I know what you mean about some anti-Israel feelings. I get some flack for including too much Israel in my theology but let's face it. They are the "people of the book" and the subject of the bible is mostly about Israel.

Do you speak Hebrew? I'd maybe like to learn some day down the road other than single words in Hebrew here and there (like a 2-year-old talks). There's this short but funny comedy skit on you tube all in Hebrew and I would love that somebody would translate that for me one day, although by their actions one can guess.

Tehilah BaAretz

Apr 19, 2011
Jerusalem, Israel
Welcome to the board! Yes, I know what you mean about some anti-Israel feelings. I get some flack for including too much Israel in my theology but let's face it. They are the "people of the book" and the subject of the bible is mostly about Israel.

Do you speak Hebrew? I'd maybe like to learn some day down the road other than single words in Hebrew here and there (like a 2-year-old talks). There's this short but funny comedy skit on you tube all in Hebrew and I would love that somebody would translate that for me one day, although by their actions one can guess.

I read, write and speak Hebrew. (I've been living in Israel for over 21 years.) I conduct most of my business in Hebrew as well. Obviously my mother tongue is English or maybe it would be more correct to say American. The Brits I know claim I don't speak English. Oh, well...

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom!

Sounds like we could use your experience. Unfortunately I'm limited to concordances and lexicons. I'd like to learn more about the language, but the learn Biblical Hebrews books I have only seem to be collecting dust.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada

I am solidly pro-Israel.

I never cease to be amazed how many (Christians) are not.

I feel it is extremely contradictory to be a Christian and yet not recognize the Nation of Israel is still significant in God's plan.

Tehilah BaAretz

Apr 19, 2011
Jerusalem, Israel
I'm just getting back from a week in South Africa. I'm delighted to report that there are many in South Africa who love our Messiah and who also love Israel. The barrage of anti-Israel activity by pro-Palestinian groups has had a lot of success but the Christians who have taken a stand for Israel are standing firm and even growing. We visited a wide variety of congregations and groups including Jewish activists, one Messianic congregation and several churches in a variety of communities. We tend to find friends in culturally mixed groups but visited ethnic congregations as well. Some of them don't have anyone available to mix with but welcome all who come anyway.
Funny thing about language. I don't speak any of the tribal languages but found I could fellowship with fellow believers with very little difficulty. Spirit seems to be more important than language!