Should Christians Celebrate Halloween?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
As you've indicated this is the holiday for All Saints Eve, which is a Christian holiday. So I'm sure many Christians do celebrate Halloween and rightfully so. The fact that devil worshipers and Wicca have taken the holiday to themselves and worship evil on that day is of no concern to Christians. Perhaps they'll take over Christmas too? And then you'll stop celebrating that?

What you're saying is historically inaccurate.
You have it backwards.
The church adopted what we now call halloween (originally samhain) from the pagans not the other way around.

Last edited:
Reactions: TLHKAJ

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
I guess my answer to the op would be, if you fear Satan is greater than God then don’t participate.

This isn't a valid reason to celebrate it. I mean if you want to celebrate it that's one thing.
Scripture says give no place to satan would be a more fitting point.

Last edited:

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
See I know nothing about all saints day. Like a memorial day for good people. Which is nice. I think it is funny how holy days like Easter were pagan holidays, and Halloween was originally all saints day.

It was samhain (soween) before all saints day.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Like I said, I looked for news on the subject and it came up empty except for some false claims. Regarding @TLHKAJ, do they have any evidential information? I'm a factual person and require facts to form an opinion.

What is the point of trying to proove the claim of there not being satanic ritual abuse done on halloween?
Even though we all know there is more rituals on that day than an average day, why would you try and claim otherwise as a Christian and call it propaganda?

Last edited by a moderator:

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
So I would like to ask someone to point out some differences historically that make halloween worse than easter and christmas? Is halloween more attached to it's pagan roots or are these other two just as bad?

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
No I don't. You're really going to make a non-factual claim that is so rude and judgmental? Stick to the facts so you don't come across delusional please.

What about what I said is non factual and delusional? That satanic rituals take place on halloween?
Why don't you answer my question? Why would you even endeavour to downplay satanic ritual abuse?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about what I said is non factual and delusional? That satanic rituals take place on halloween?
Why don't you answer my question? Why would you even endeavour to downplay satanic ritual abuse?

I already posted factual information to back up my opinions. I looked into this claim and found no factual information to back up the claim. Do you have any factual information or just stories from potential questionable sources.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
I already posted factual information to back up my opinions. I looked into this claim and found no factual information to back up the claim. Do you have any factual information or just stories from potential questionable sources.

No you didn't provide factual info.

I asked you a question.
Why would you even endeavour to downplay satanic ritual abuse?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't consider your source factual.

My question is: Why would you endeavour to downplay satanic ritual abuse?

I didn't downplay satanic ritual abuse. I did however state that one person was found guilty of it in the history of the USA and is serving a life sentence.

I provided my facts, now where is your facts to back up your claims?

The wiki articles are clear with factual information.

Last edited:

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
I didn't downplay satanic ritual abuse. I did however state that one person was found guilty of it in the history of the USA and is serving a life sentence.

I provided my facts, now where is your facts to back up your claims?

The information in the wikipedia article you posted seems to downplay satanic ritual abuse and make it more of a conspiracy theory.
Until we address that I'm not discussing anything else with you.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The information in the wikipedia article you posted seems to downplay satanic ritual abuse and make it more of a conspiracy theory.
Until we address that I'm not discussing anything else with you.

Yes I did see that in the wikipedia article. If you will not provide any factual information then I agree that we shouldn't address the topic further. Speculation often leads to public hysteria. Which appears to be the case here.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Yes I did see that in the wikipedia article. If you will not provide any factual information then I agree that you shouldn't address the topic further. Speculation often leads to public hysteria. Which appears to be the case here.

So you agree that the article you posted is lying, yet you refer to it as fact?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you agree that the article you posted is lying, yet you refer to it as fact?

No, it appears to be an objective article that is non-biased. I would believe it over what is being stated in this thread.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Did you witness any SRA? Why do you make this claim?

I apologize for being so judgemental but the severity of this sra issue got a rise out of me.

I just can't comprehend a professing Christian denying spiriritual realities and instead subscribing to secular sources that deny them.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
To answer your question, I have seen the occult and people who deny spiritual realities like in that article are laughable to me.

Edit: but I haven't seen sra specifically.

Last edited: