Should Christian's Oppose Russia's Social Values?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm glad that I live in a free democracy! The above is inhuman nonsense.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The West and the US have been in a free-fall downwards tailspin, of social and spiritual decadence and moral decline for many decades.

They will not regain any moral and spiritual altitude until after a massive crash, of a massive war, massive starvations covering the lands of the so-called 'free' and massive deaths occurring on main street. A very bleak outlook I know, although I will stand firm on this realistic view.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Am i misunderstanding you?
Are you saying that If Putin agrees with Paul in Romans 1, and also agrees with God who has declared that "Adam and EVE" ..not.. "Adam and STEVE" are a "marriage", then you disagree with this in favor of Gay Rights, Gay Adoption, and Teaching 6 yr olds in public schools that "if you want to be Gay, then that is ok"

Help me to understand this, that you are thinking, Jim B, so that i can see your Christianity in the true Light that reveals it.
Did i understand you correctly?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The West and the US have been in a free-fall downwards tailspin, of social and spiritual decadence and moral decline for many decades.

They will not regain any moral and spiritual altitude until after a massive crash, of a massive war, massive starvations covering the lands of the so-called 'free' and massive deaths occurring on main street. A very bleak outlook I know, although I will stand firm on this realistic view.

Realistic -- in your opinion (which is all that it is). IMHO it's nonsense.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Restricting Killing the unborn and pushing homosexuality on innocent children in Kindergarten public classrooms inhuman?

It's my hope and prayer the American society will do the same, witha complete abolishment on non-emergency abortion

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
It's my hope and prayer the Amerucan society will do the same, witha complete abolishment on non-emergency abortion

They have been trying to legislate in TEXAS, exactly what you just wrote.
If they can get this completely authorized into law and the Texas Supreme Court not flip it, then this could be the precedent that can be used to destroy "roe vs wade".
They will try.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Russian laws restricting homosexual parades and literature in society and schools?
How about a Russian constitution which bars a tyrant from remaining in office indefinitely, and robbing the country while the citizens struggle? How about a Charter of Rights and Freedoms and an independent judiciary to ensure that the citizens are not slaves? Given the history of Russia there will never be true freedom in that country. And given the recent history of North America, the politicians love tyranny while a significant portion of the population does not care for freedom.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Restricting Killing the unborn and pushing homosexuality on innocent children in Kindergarten public classrooms inhuman?

It's my hope and prayer the American society will do the same, witha complete abolishment on non-emergency abortion

In case you're not aware, this thread is about Russia's social values. Your changing the subject to US abortions is irrelevant. Either stick to the subject or start another thread.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In case you're not aware, this thread is about Russia's social values. Your changing the subject to US abortions is irrelevant. Either stick to the subject or start another thread.
Sounds like a liberal attempt to derail the thread, looks like the KGB is active, smiles!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Russian laws restricting homosexual parades and literature in society and schools?

Russian constitution allowing for marriage only by male and female?

Russian laws restricting abortion to first 12 weeks, surpassing Americas recent 16 weeks in the Texas Heart Beat Bill?

Russian Laws, American Laws....are promulgated by A FEW Russian and A Few American Law makers.
American citizens “pretend” there is a GREAT DIFFERENCE, between Russian Law makers and American Law makers.
There ISN’T.

There ARE Differences between the Russian Constitution and the American Constitution.....
HOWEVER there is NO Difference in “POLITICIANS” from nation to nation of those who SIT in seats Blasting out LAWS, that in fact OPPRESS the citizenry of the People at Large, they are seated to SERVE.

It SOUNDS “good” on paper...
The People...CAN NOT DO THAT.
The People...CAN DO THIS.

* When ANY Government ALLOWS...they are “granting” the People a “PRIVILEGE”...

* When ANY Government FORBIDS...they are oppressing the People’s God given “RIGHT to choose”.

* By the very Nature of Gods Creation of mankind; Every individual has his OWN God given RIGHT to MAKE his own decisions and choices...

* Does a Politician lawmaker, REALLY have some Grand Power seeded to them, To DICTATE what a Individual CAN or CANNOT personally CHOOSE?

* According to the US Constitution...NO they do not.
* There is not ONE power in the US Constitution granted to sitting Law makers to MAKE decisions on MARRIAGE or FAMILY REPRODUCTION or EDUCATION and whole host of other things they do.
* Sitting law makers have EARNED their Reputation of Corrupt for a reason.
They routinely OVERSTEP their bounds of authority.
* And sadly a great number of Citizens routinely encourage and praise their OVERSTEPPING their bounds of authority.

Reactions: Ziggy

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Russian Laws, American Laws....are promulgated by A FEW Russian and A Few American Law makers.
American citizens “pretend” there is a GREAT DIFFERENCE, between Russian Law makers and American Law makers.
There ISN’T.

There ARE Differences between the Russian Constitution and the American Constitution.....
HOWEVER there is NO Difference in “POLITICIANS” from nation to nation of those who SIT in seats Blasting out LAWS, that in fact OPPRESS the citizenry of the People at Large, they are seated to SERVE.

It SOUNDS “good” on paper...
The People...CAN NOT DO THAT.
The People...CAN DO THIS.

* When ANY Government ALLOWS...they are “granting” the People a “PRIVILEGE”...

* When ANY Government FORBIDS...they are oppressing the People’s God given “RIGHT to choose”.

* By the very Nature of Gods Creation of mankind; Every individual has his OWN God given RIGHT to MAKE his own decisions and choices...

* Does a Politician lawmaker, REALLY have some Grand Power seeded to them, To DICTATE what a Individual CAN or CANNOT personally CHOOSE?

* According to the US Constitution...NO they do not.
* There is not ONE power in the US Constitution granted to sitting Law makers to MAKE decisions on MARRIAGE or FAMILY REPRODUCTION or EDUCATION and whole host of other things they do.
* Sitting law makers have EARNED their Reputation of Corrupt for a reason.
They routinely OVERSTEP their bounds of authority.
* And sadly a great number of Citizens routinely encourage and praise their OVERSTEPPING their bounds of authority.
Sounds like Blah, Blah, to me

There is no protection for homosexuality and same sex marriage in the US constitution, you must live on a deserted Island close to Australia?

Reactions: JohnPaul

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like Blah, Blah, to me

There is no protection for homosexuality and same sex marriage in the US constitution, you must live on a deserted Island close to Australia?

Obviously reading and comprehension escapes you. As I said;

There is not ONE power in the US Constitution granted to sitting Law makers to MAKE decisions on MARRIAGE or FAMILY REPRODUCTION or EDUCATION and whole host of other things they do.

There is no protection for homosexuality and same sex marriage in the US constitution....

The PROTECTION is PROTECTION of an individual to exercise his own Right to Choose for himself.

When you decide what an other is FORBIDDEN to choose...you are part of the problem, not the solution.

Even God Himself DOES NOT FORBID an individuals RIGHT to choose.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You don’t live in a FREE democracy. No such thing.
Democracy’s have “rulers”.
Republic’s have “servants”.

American Governments are Republics, which means Representative Servants seated to Protect ALL the citizens RIGHTS.

A Democracy, means Majority MOB RULE. The Majority Decides what they WANT, regardless IF it Tramples the Rights of the Minority.
And BTW, the US Politicians Preaching “democracy rule”....Preaching “they ARE the Rulers”....has repeatedly shown, the Minorities Rights DO become Trampled...and the Majority hug and kiss rolling around in their bed under their Pseudo Title of “ruler”...

I pledge allegiance to ..... ? The Republic. The Republic is a Nation of Laws...
Not a nation of Mob Rulers.

Reactions: Ziggy

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obviously reading and comprehension escapes you. As I said;

There is not ONE power in the US Constitution granted to sitting Law makers to MAKE decisions on MARRIAGE or FAMILY REPRODUCTION or EDUCATION and whole host of other things they do.

The PROTECTION is PROTECTION of an individual to exercise his own Right to Choose for himself.

When you decide what an other is FORBIDDEN to choose...you are part of the problem, not the solution.

Once again, their is no protection in the US constitution, for citizens making "Choices" as you suggest, It appears your still on that deserted island

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again, their is no protection in the US constitution, for citizens making "Choices" as you suggest, It appears your still on that deserted island

Yipes...I guess you missed the Declaration...that ALL men are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights...... UNDER which the Constitution was established to PROTECT those unalienable Rights.

Obviously if you don’t KNOW what unalienable Rights YOU HAVE, there should be no expectation you would be concerned about an Others unalienable Rights. :rolleyes:

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yipes...I guess you missed the Declaration...that ALL men are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights...... UNDER which the Constitution was established to PROTECT those unalienable Rights.

Obviously if you don’t KNOW what unalienable Rights YOU HAVE, there should be no expectation you would be concerned about an Others unalienable Rights. :rolleyes:
I didnt miss a thing, the US constitution dosent protect a "Choice", with same sex marriage being a prime example

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didnt miss a thing, the US constitution dosent protect a "Choice", with same sex marriage being a prime example

Same sex marriage? Seriously? Do you require a governments permission to hook up with whom you please? Do you require a government to acknowledge your hook up? WHY?

BEFORE the USA was established....
Intent was DECLARED, and called the Declaration of Independence...
Thereafter, BASED on the DECLARED INTENT, came the Articles of Confederation.
Thereafter, BASED on the DECLARED INTENT, and Articles of Confederation, came the US CONSTITUTION.
The US Constitution WAS a Phenomenal Document created by Statesmen.
Too bad it has become a DOORMAT for greedy career Blood sucking creatures, AKA...career poli-TIC-ions.

Seems the BASIS for INTENT escapes your understanding of importance.
No matter, be comforted that you are accounted among the Many and I’ll continue to be comforted being accounted among the Few.

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Personally, i'm with the biblical view that abortion is completely unacceptable under any circumstances. Human reasoning tends to look for loopholes as to why their situation qualifies as an "emergency".

God and the U.S. Constitution allows people to make their own choices, but none of that means homosexuality is a legally protected right. If you're going to make this argument, then someone can just as well argue that pedophilia and necrophilia are protected rights. God and the U.S. Constitution allows for someone to make their own life choices, but both entities also outline in concrete terms what is or isn't lawful.

You may not be aware of this, but homosexuality used to be criminalized in most states before the country started its drift towards embracing depravity and rejecting biblical morality. It wasn't until after that shift was underway that liberals used the Constitution as a pretext for arguing that morally despicable things like homosexuality and abortion were legally protected rights.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about a Russian constitution which bars a tyrant from remaining in office indefinitely, and robbing the country while the citizens struggle? How about a Charter of Rights and Freedoms and an independent judiciary to ensure that the citizens are not slaves? Given the history of Russia there will never be true freedom in that country. And given the recent history of North America, the politicians love tyranny while a significant portion of the population does not care for freedom.
There is a system being fast created and all under the very guise that it is for freedom .
This beast system will do all to rid the earth of the true non conforming lambs .
When the build back better speaks , my advice is know and understand they are even more hyprocritcal and even worse
than those they try and accuse and look bad .
THE BBB , IS worse than russia and china combinded . And that is bad . Very bad .
BUT nothing will stop the beast system from being set up . THIS was all foretold .
ALL we can do IS POINT TO JESUS , STAY in bibles and teach that lovely sound doctrine and be doing all to point the people to Christ .