Should I be rebaptised?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God, ourselves, and others

I agree with you about good conversations
Thank you. I agree with you. Others will hold us accountable for our opinions. There will be ramifications here on earth which is temporary.

God holds us accountable for denying or not following the Truth. If our opinion about Scripture is opposite of Gods Truth then He will hold us accountable FOREVER.

Thank you for the good conversation....:)

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 17.17: The Lord Jesus said: "Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth." Psalm 119.105: "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."
John 1:1 says that Jesus is the Word:
In the beginning was the word and the word, was with God, and the word was God.

The Bible NEVER says that Jesus is Scripture, which is the WRITTEN Word.
Jesus is the ENTIRE Word of God - written, spoken, revealed. Sola Scriptura cuts God "off at the knees", so to speak . . .

2 Thess. 2:15
So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the traditions that you were taught by us, EITHER by our spoken word OR by our letter.

Now - in this passage, WHICH part is talking about the Word of God - and WHY?

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Stranger - this is just another one of your idiotic dodges because you LOST the debate over the whole "call no man 'Father'" issue.

I have been on this forum for years debating with you - and EVERY time you are backed into a corner, you ask me the SAME questions, which I have answered these repeatedly. WHY would I even consider myself a Christian if I don't consider Christ as my Lord and Savior, Einstein??

As for the meaning of "catholic" not only have I explained this to you in the past - I have repeatedly given you the Scriptural etymology for this word. However - I'll enlighten you ONE more time:

Acts 9:31 talks about how the Early Church grew throughout the region. The language used here describes the Catholic Church:
Acts 9:31
“Then the church throughout Judea, Galilee, and Samaria experienced peace and thus was strengthened. Living in the fear of the Lord and in the encouragement of the Holy Spirit, the church increased in numbers.”

According to Strong’s Greek Concordance which is used by Protestants AND Catholics alike – the verse is translated as:
“The true Church throughout all Judea . . .”

Here is the phrase in Greek:
η μεν ουν εκκλησια καθ ολης της ιουδαιας

The Catholic Church gets its name from the GREEK for “according to the whole” and “universal” - εκκλησια καθ ολης, which is pronounced “katah-holos”.

Εκκλησια (ekklesia) - A gathering of citizens called out from their homes into some public place, an assembly; CHURCH
καθ (katah) - Through out, according to
ολης (holos) - All, whole, completely
"Ekklesia Kata-holos"
= CATHOLIC CHURCH

Now - here is the definition of "PROTESTANT" - which is what YOU are:

Merriem Webster's Collegiate Dictionary

PROTESTANT (prot·es·tant | \ ˈprä-tə-stənt )
: a member of any of several church denominations denying the universal authority of the Pope and affirming the Reformation principles of justification by faith alone, the priesthood of all believers, and the primacy of the Bible as the only source of revealed truth

broadly: a Christian not of a Catholic or Eastern church

I never asked why would you consider yourself a Christian. I just asked when did you become a Christian. You want to say at infant baptism, on the faith of others. But Scripture says it is on your faith that you become a Christian. And there are many who are baptized that are not Christian, correct?

And Paul placed no emphasis on baptism to be saved, yet you want to use Paul as a 'father'. So, why do you not believe the gospel Paul preached?

Yes, catholic means universal. The whole church. The word catholic is not even in the Bible. It just speaks to the universal Church of Jesus Christ of which I am a part of. Of which you are too...if you are born-again.

Yes, I am a Protestant and a member of the universal or Catholic Church of Jesus Christ.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never asked why would you consider yourself a Christian. I just asked when did you become a Christian. You want to say at infant baptism, on the faith of others. But Scripture says it is on your faith that you become a Christian. And there are many who are baptized that are not Christian, correct?

And Paul placed no emphasis on baptism to be saved, yet you want to use Paul as a 'father'. So, why do you not believe the gospel Paul preached?

Yes, catholic means universal. The whole church. The word catholic is not even in the Bible. It just speaks to the universal Church of Jesus Christ of which I am a part of. Of which you are too...if you are born-again.

Yes, I am a Protestant and a member of the universal or Catholic Church of Jesus Christ.

Stranger
SCRIPTURE says that it is on my faith that I become a Christian?
Can you show me where it says that?? Chapter and Verse, please . . .

Secondly - and for about the twenty-seventh time - it is PAUL who called HIMSELF a "Father" to Timothy, Onesimus and the Corinthians - NOT me. You really need to get over it already and accept the Word of God . . .

Thirdly - as I educated you earlier - Acts 9:31 is where the words ekklesia kata holos (εκκλησια καθ ολης) are found, which mean CATHOLIC CHURCH.

Finally - yes, you ARE a Protestant who needs to come home to Christ's Catholic Church and stop living in rebellion against Him.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SCRIPTURE says that it is on my faith that I become a Christian?
Can you show me where it says that?? Chapter and Verse, please . . .

Secondly - and for about the twenty-seventh time - it is PAUL who called HIMSELF a "Father" to Timothy, Onesimus and the Corinthians - NOT me. You really need to get over it already and accept the Word of God . . .

Thirdly - as I educated you earlier - Acts 9:31 is where the words ekklesia kata holos (εκκλησια καθ ολης) are found, which mean CATHOLIC CHURCH.

Finally - yes, you ARE a Protestant who needs to come home to Christ's Catholic Church and stop living in rebellion against Him.

(John 3:18) (Acts 8:12) (Acts 8:35-38) (Rom. 10:9-10) etc. etc. etc.

Again, Paul placed no emphasis on water baptism. Thus do you believe the gospel Paul preached? Have you been born-again?

Yes, (Acts 9:31) speaks to the catholic church. The Church universal. So?

Yes, I know I am Protestant. I am part of the catholic church already. The Roman Church would never let me be a part of them.

Stranger

Reactions: Butterfly

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(John 3:18) (Acts 8:12) (Acts 8:35-38) (Rom. 10:9-10) etc. etc. etc.
NONE of these verses is about HOW a person becomes a Christian by “believing”.

Most of them are about coming to faith or being Baptized.
Rom. 9 says: If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

HOWEVERMatt. 7:21 states emphatically: "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but ONLY the one who DOES THE WILL of my Father who is in Heaven.”

A baby can be baptized, and grow up to do the will of the Father.
An adult can "declare" whatever he wants with his mouth but won't be saved if he doesn't DO the Father's will.

YOUR problem – as ALWAYS is context . . .
Again, Paul placed no emphasis on water baptism. Thus do you believe the gospel Paul preached? Have you been born-again?
Paul wasn’t the ONLY one who preached the Gospel.

Jesus Himself said that Baptism was NECESSARY (John 3:5, Mark 16:16).
Peter stated that Water Baptism SAVES us (1 Pet. 3:21) and forgives sin (Acts 2:38).

Again – CONTEXT is NOT your friend . . .
Yes, (Acts 9:31) speaks to the catholic church. The Church universal. So?
Yes, I know I am Protestant. I am part of the catholic church already. The Roman Church would never let me be a part of them.
Stranger
You can only be part of the Roman Church if you live in Rome.
As long as you live here in the States – you would have to settle for being an American Catholic like me.

UNTIL then, however, you’re a Protestant . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NONE of these verses is about HOW a person becomes a Christian by “believing”.

Most of them are about coming to faith or being Baptized.
Rom. 9 says: If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

HOWEVERMatt. 7:21 states emphatically: "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but ONLY the one who DOES THE WILL of my Father who is in Heaven.”

A baby can be baptized, and grow up to do the will of the Father.
An adult can "declare" whatever he wants with his mouth but won't be saved if he doesn't DO the Father's will.

YOUR problem – as ALWAYS is context . . .

Paul wasn’t the ONLY one who preached the Gospel.

Jesus Himself said that Baptism was NECESSARY (John 3:5, Mark 16:16).
Peter stated that Water Baptism SAVES us (1 Pet. 3:21) and forgives sin (Acts 2:38).

Again – CONTEXT is NOT your friend . . .

You can only be part of the Roman Church if you live in Rome.
As long as you live here in the States – you would have to settle for being an American Catholic like me.

UNTIL then, however, you’re a Protestant . . .

They all are about becoming a Christian by believing or faith. Then you have baptism. Which shows the emptiness of your infant baptism. And your statement that they do not pertain to faith reveals not just ignorance but blatant rejection of the Scripture.

(Rom. 9) says no such thing. You better check the list you get your copies from. No wonder you gave no verse...no such verse exists in (Rom. 9) But, if you had done your own work you would have known that. Go to (Rom. 10:9) and there you have the verse you are trying to use. But, that doesn't work because the next verse, that's (Rom. 10:10) is clear. "with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

Concerning the will of the Father, (Matt. 7:21), that is to believe on the Son. (John 6:29)

Did Paul get his gospel from the resurrected Christ or not? (Gal. 1:10-12) And this gospel was not known before. (Eph. 3:1-6) Correct?

I am an American catholic. I already told you. I just happen to be Protestant. You however are Roman. You serve a Roman pope. My my how it amazes me that the Romans don't like to admit what they are. Like I said before, if you're ashamed of being a Roman then you need to get out of the Roman church.

So, do you believe the Gospel Paul preached and his no emphasis on water baptism, much less infant baptism? And were you ever born-again? Why do Romanists hate to be born-again?

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They all are about becoming a Christian by believing or faith. Then you have baptism. Which shows the emptiness of your infant baptism. And your statement that they do not pertain to faith reveals not just ignorance but blatant rejection of the Scripture.

(Rom. 9) says no such thing. You better check the list you get your copies from. No wonder you gave no verse...no such verse exists in (Rom. 9) But, if you had done your own work you would have known that. Go to (Rom. 10:9) and there you have the verse you are trying to use. But, that doesn't work because the next verse, that's (Rom. 10:10) is clear. "with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

Concerning the will of the Father, (Matt. 7:21), that is to believe on the Son. (John 6:29)

Did Paul get his gospel from the resurrected Christ or not? (Gal. 1:10-12) And this gospel was not known before. (Eph. 3:1-6) Correct?

I am an American catholic. I already told you. I just happen to be Protestant. You however are Roman. You serve a Roman pope. My my how it amazes me that the Romans don't like to admit what they are. Like I said before, if you're ashamed of being a Roman then you need to get out of the Roman church.

So, do you believe the Gospel Paul preached and his no emphasis on water baptism, much less infant baptism? And were you ever born-again? Why do Romanists hate to be born-again?

Stranger
And what is to "believe in the Son" entail??
Let's see what the Word of GOD says . . .

- Being baptized (Matt. 28:19-20, John 3:5, Rom. 2:29, Rom. 6:1-11, Col. 2:12-17, 1 Peter 3:21)
- Picking up our cross daily to follow him (Matt. 16:24, Luke 9:23)
- DOING Works of mercy and charity (Matt. 19:21, 25:31–46, Luke 18:22)
- Obeying his commandments (John 14:15, 15:10)
- DOING the will of the Father (Matt. 7:21, James 1:22)
- SUFFERING with Christ (Matt. 10:38, 16:24, Mark 8:34, John 12:24, Rom. 8:17, 2 Cor. 1:5-7, Eph. 3:13, Phil. 1:29, 2 Tim. 1:8, 1 Peter 2:19-21, 4:1-2)

Faith = Belief + OBEDIENCE (Works)

James 2:19 says that even the DEMONS believe and tremble - so if ALL you do is "believe" - you're no better off than the DEMONS . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what is to "believe in the Son" entail??
Let's see what the Word of GOD says . . .

- Being baptized (Matt. 28:19-20, John 3:5, Rom. 2:29, Rom. 6:1-11, Col. 2:12-17, 1 Peter 3:21)
- Picking up our cross daily to follow him (Matt. 16:24, Luke 9:23)
- DOING Works of mercy and charity (Matt. 19:21, 25:31–46, Luke 18:22)
- Obeying his commandments (John 14:15, 15:10)
- DOING the will of the Father (Matt. 7:21, James 1:22)
- SUFFERING with Christ (Matt. 10:38, 16:24, Mark 8:34, John 12:24, Rom. 8:17, 2 Cor. 1:5-7, Eph. 3:13, Phil. 1:29, 2 Tim. 1:8, 1 Peter 2:19-21, 4:1-2)

Faith = Belief + OBEDIENCE (Works)

James 2:19 says that even the DEMONS believe and tremble - so if ALL you do is "believe" - you're no better off than the DEMONS . . .

Was Paul's gospel not different and unique compared to any that had gone before or not? (Gal. 1:10-12) (Eph. 3:1-6)

Yet with infant baptism, you are saying your salvation is due to the faith of another. Not yours. So, when did you believe on Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. When were you born-again?

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was Paul's gospel not different and unique compared to any that had gone before or not? (Gal. 1:10-12) (Eph. 3:1-6)

Yet with infant baptism, you are saying your salvation is due to the faith of another. Not yours. So, when did you believe on Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. When were you born-again?

Stranger
I have answered this repeatedly and I will not be grilled again.
Go back and R*E*A*D my posts where I state this over and over.

For some reason, YOU think that Paul was serious - but Jesus and Peter were just "kidding".
Paul ALSO states that Baptism is necessary and compared it to circumcision (Gal 3:26-27, Col 2:11-12).

Peter
points out - quite wisely, I might add, how people like you pervert Paul's words because you just don't understand them:
2 Pet. 3:16
His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have answered this repeatedly and I will not be grilled again.
Go back and R*E*A*D my posts where I state this over and over.

For some reason, YOU think that Paul was serious - but Jesus and Peter were just "kidding".
Paul ALSO states that Baptism is necessary and compared it to circumcision (Gal 3:26-27, Col 2:11-12).

Peter
points out - quite wisely, I might add, how people like you pervert Paul's words because you just don't understand them:
2 Pet. 3:16
His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

Your refusal to answer what (Gal. 1:10-12) and (Eph. 3:1-6) says, speaks for itself.

If you are telling me you were born-again by another's faith, what good is your faith? When did you exercise faith in Christ? Or rather, have you ever exercised faith in Christ? You are big on defending the Roman church. You have no desire to defend the things of Jesus Christ. Chew on that piece of bread.

What an answer? Paul and Peter were just kidding? God was just kidding? Oh the depths of unbelief.

You reject Paul's gospel. You reject Paul's view of water baptism. It all a big joke to you. Yet you tell me I don't understand Paul. Your so called 'first pope' couldn't understand what Paul said. And you and your present pope and papacy, fall right in line with him. You are not ignorant. You are rejecting.

Stranger

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your refusal to answer what (Gal. 1:10-12) and (Eph. 3:1-6) says, speaks for itself.

If you are telling me you were born-again by another's faith, what good is your faith? When did you exercise faith in Christ? Or rather, have you ever exercised faith in Christ? You are big on defending the Roman church. You have no desire to defend the things of Jesus Christ. Chew on that piece of bread.

What an answer? Paul and Peter were just kidding? God was just kidding? Oh the depths of unbelief.

You reject Paul's gospel. You reject Paul's view of water baptism. It all a big joke to you. Yet you tell me I don't understand Paul. Your so called 'first pope' couldn't understand what Paul said. And you and your present pope and papacy, fall right in line with him. You are not ignorant. You are rejecting.

Stranger
It's not a "refusal" to answer anything.
I simply won't let you change the subject anymore because you lost the debate.

I have answered the questions about WHEN and HOW I was reborn at least a DOZEN times. Every time you lose an argument - you bring it up again to draw attention away from your failure. Not this time . . .

As for your second stupid point in RED - this is the kind of statement that somebody who doesn't know Christ.
It's not Christ OR the Church. He identifies His very SELF with His Church (Acts 9:4-5).
Paul calls the Church the FULLNESS of Christ (Eph. 1:22-23).

YOU made the idiotic comment that I defend the Church and not Christ because YOU just don't get it.

Finally - your charge that Peter "couldn't understand" what Paul said about Baptism is possible the MOST moronic thing you've said on this thread. BOTH were writing under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

Thank you
for acknowledging that me and the present Pope fall in line with Peter's teachings, though. I like to think we are as well . . .

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have answered the questions about WHEN and HOW I was reborn at least a DOZEN times. Every time you lose an argument - you bring it up again to draw attention away from your failure. Not this time . . .

As for your second stupid point in RED - this is the kind of statement that somebody who doesn't know Christ.
It's not Christ OR the Church. He identifies His very SELF with His Church (Acts 9:4-5).
YOU made the idiotic comment that I defend the Church and not Christ because YOU just don't get it.
Finally - your charge that Peter "couldn't understand" what Paul said about Baptism is possible the MOST moronic thing you've said on this thread. BOTH were writing under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.
Thank you for acknowledging that me and the present Pope fall in line with Peter's teachings, though. I like to think we are as well . . .
Here's the thing, Christ's church has nothing to do with the Roman Catholic church ,so the RC Church is not the fullness of Christ. This is what is pitiful and what comes out sooner or later in conversations with many rc's, it is the false promises by the arrogance of the roman catholic church that teaches the deception, that makes the followers of the rcc think that their identity as a member of the rcc is what guarantees them heaven because of what the Bible says about "the Church" in the N.T.
The RCC flips the scripture upside down.
No , no the RCC does not save you. The N.T. is not referring to the Rcc.
Those who believe with faith in Jesus alone being the propitiation for their sins are born again from above belong to Christ's Church which is a spiritual church not a physical one.
Your rcc is not Christ's church referred to in the N.T.
The rcc preaches a false gospel and is apostate.
The RC church does Not = Christ's church.
You are the one that doesn't get it BOL.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thank you
for acknowledging that me and the present Pope fall in line with Peter's teachings, though. I like to think we are as well . . .

Was Paul's gospel not different than any that had gone before it? (Gal. 1:10-12) (Eph. 3:1-6)

No you haven't answered this either. When were you born-again? What period of your life? How old were you? When did 'you' place faith in Jesus Christ?

As to my so called 'stupid point in red', yes Christ identifies Himself with the Church. His Church. The catholic church. The universal church of every born-again believer in Christ. This even includes some who are in the Roman church. But, only if they are born-again.

Sorry, but Peter is the one who said Paul was hard to be understood. (2 Peter 3:16) And your pope and you follow in the same footsteps. But at least Peter was honest and Peter was trying to follow Christ. You and the pope are simply following an institution, that enslaves the born-again believers. You take away from the believers what you can and elevate yourselves. Polly gets a cracker, but no wine for them.

Stranger

Reactions: BreadOfLife

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's the thing, Christ's church has nothing to do with the Roman Catholic church ,so the RC Church is not the fullness of Christ. This is what is pitiful and what comes out sooner or later in conversations with many rc's, it is the false promises by the arrogance of the roman catholic church that teaches the deception, that makes the followers of the rcc think that their identity as a member of the rcc is what guarantees them heaven because of what the Bible says about "the Church" in the N.T.
The RCC flips the scripture upside down.
No , no the RCC does not save you. The N.T. is not referring to the Rcc.
Those who believe with faith in Jesus alone being the propitiation for their sins are born again from above belong to Christ's Church which is a spiritual church not a physical one.
Your rcc is not Christ's church referred to in the N.T.
The rcc preaches a false gospel and is apostate.
The RC church does Not = Christ's church.
You are the one that doesn't get it BOL.
You're absolutely right.
However - I NEVER claimed that the Roman Rite = Christ's Church. It is ONE of the Rites that comprises Christ's Catholic Church. Not sure how many time I have to drill that into your head before iut actually sticks . . .

The rest of your post is the usual clap trap with absolutely ZERO evidence.
You can accuse and point fingers until the cows come home but until you offer some actual evidence - you're just blowing wind out of your backside again.

Do your homework . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was Paul's gospel not different than any that had gone before it? (Gal. 1:10-12) (Eph. 3:1-6)

No you haven't answered this either. When were you born-again? What period of your life? How old were you? When did 'you' place faith in Jesus Christ?

As to my so called 'stupid point in red', yes Christ identifies Himself with the Church. His Church. The catholic church. The universal church of every born-again believer in Christ. This even includes some who are in the Roman church. But, only if they are born-again.

Sorry, but Peter is the one who said Paul was hard to be understood. (2 Peter 3:16) And your pope and you follow in the same footsteps. But at least Peter was honest and Peter was trying to follow Christ. You and the pope are simply following an institution, that enslaves the born-again believers. You take away from the believers what you can and elevate yourselves. Polly gets a cracker, but no wine for them.

Stranger
WRONG.
Peter said that Paul was hard to understand for the ignorant and unstable - like YOU - who twist his words to their own destruction. Peter wasn't talking about himself. Peter's words were JUST as inspired as Paul's.

As for Paul's Gospel being "different" - this is yet another moronic misinterpretation that MOST anti-Catholic fall into. Paul's "Gospel", if you want to call it that wasn't "different". He simply touched on different aspects that some of the other Epistles didn't. You can say the SAME thing for the Epistle or "Gospel" of James.

As to your ONLY honest comment ion RED - THANK YOU for finally seeing the light . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG.
Peter said that Paul was hard to understand for the ignorant and unstable - like YOU - who twist his words to their own destruction. Peter wasn't talking about himself. Peter's words were JUST as inspired as Paul's.

As for Paul's Gospel being "different" - this is yet another moronic misinterpretation that MOST anti-Catholic fall into. Paul's "Gospel", if you want to call it that wasn't "different". He simply touched on different aspects that some of the other Epistles didn't. You can say the SAME thing for the Epistle or "Gospel" of James.

As to your ONLY honest comment ion RED - THANK YOU for finally seeing the light . . .

I knew you would like that comment. But, both you and I know what I am saying when I say 'catholic'. And I have always said that.

Stranger

Acolyte

Oct 7, 2018
Midwest/usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Acolyte, I hope you got an answer to your question before the thread was de-railed.

I give myself to Jesus.. if the opportunity arises I will, but not going to beat myself up on it. Thank-you for asking.
Blessings.:)

Don't usually check this thread, its gone wild! Lol:eek:

Reactions: Pearl

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're absolutely right.
However - I NEVER claimed that the Roman Rite = Christ's Church. It is ONE of the Rites that comprises Christ's Catholic Church. Not sure how many time I have to drill that into your head before iut actually sticks . . .

The rest of your post is the usual clap trap with absolutely ZERO evidence.
You can accuse and point fingers until the cows come home but until you offer some actual evidence - you're just blowing wind out of your backside again.
Do your homework . . .
Not only do members of the rcc believe this because it is repeatedly preached to them, it is why the "catholic" term is used, which falsely tries to claim it is Christ's church, which is why I refuse to reinforce that falsehood. The cult religion is a corrupted counterfeit, I do my homework. You need to be deprogrammed.