Should members need to disclose their denomination?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both- Avoid participation, and expose the evil. Realize how Satan works to lead people astray and corrupt their minds, even possessing them.
False religions and philosophies abound. It is good to learn about all these things so you can warn others. Satan's purpose is to lead people away from Christ and the truth. If he can't, he'll send tares into amd among the CHURCH (Body of Christ) to deceive, corrupt, discourage those who are seeking God, the lost who are drawn to God but not yet confirmed; to steal the seeds planted, create a false religion within our religion that in fact may disqualify them from realizing a true faith in Christ.
Thank you for your input Ronald.

Reactions: Ronald David Bruno

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Personally I am against "labels" where people identify their doctrine of faith by claiming they are Baptist, Methodist, JW's, Catholic or whatever denomination they belong to. The reason is because when they do so others who do not share their doctrines immediately pass judgment on them for what their doctrine states.
Why can't we simply just say we are Christians who believe in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour?.
I attended many churches growing up because we moved a lot. Whatever church had a bus that picked up kids is where I went. Been to Episcopal, Baptist, Methodist, Latter Day Saints, Assembly of God, Church of Christ and Seventh Day Adventist....
They all had different doctrines but all taught from the Bible.
As an adult I decided to be non-denominational because I simply trusted God's Word to be sufficient in teaching me His Ways.
So we are in a world where there is a continuous war between the different denominations and it destroys the message of Love, Hope and Peace amongst us.
How do we ever become one mind, in one accord when we pick apart each other's faith?
Just my 2 cents...

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And if those who hold to false beliefs show up, they can be simply refuted with the actual Scriptures. So we can commend this Board for allowing all kinds of heretics to show up and be exposed for their heresies. The primary heresy is the rejection of the deity of Christ -- the fact that Jesus of Nazareth is in fact "GOD (THEOS) manifest in the flesh" (1 Tim 3:16 KJB).
There is also the question of manners and respect.

Perfectly good discussions are frequently hijacked into trinity and deity debates. Rudeness, ad hominems, numerous fallacies, even the trinity debate gets so "low brow"! Such things should not be.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
idt we seek controversy so much as a refining of another’s written profession, being as how we lack most of the cues in this written mode of communication? So it might often at least be a lazy way of clarifying, rather than asking a clarifying question. Of course some ppl would argue with a “post” anyway narf
Lazy, yes, and not very effective or on target, but, yeah, you've got a good point, some people are just lousy communicators.

Much love!

Reactions: Heart2Soul and Rita

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
um, man, marks, i feel you here, but a guy has to eat, right? so i dunno if they are mutually agreeable, but i do see in it a model of irl that is imo sorely lacking most other places, or they are trying it but with waaay too heavy a hand imo, and i see you are changing, and as grudgingly as might have put it a year ago—when i was banned—i gotta admit that this forum has changed me too, which i guess i obv needed, huh?

so what im trying to get at is, find a way to coexist with the trolls here, who after all need this place the most, and although you def dont come to mind as needing this next part much, understand when you are being forgiven too, which imo is double hard as a forum operator, and more or less requires some Catholic background, at least in my experience
This sounds like you are describing something like, "making the best of things knowing different people are here for different things.

We're changing, yes, but we aren't going to know if we'd be better or worse off in a different environment, only to trust God that He still works all our foolishness for good.

Much love!

Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would think the word Cult would come from the word culture.
I wonder if the Jews in the synagogue felt that christianity was a cult?
Because the reason they killed Jesus was because he was teaching "according to them" unscriptual ideas.
It's not a cult to us because we believe what Jesus said.
But to other people who do not believe in christianity, they would consider us a cult, no?

It really don't matter to me one way or another, it's just another label.
just thinking..
hugs
My dad tells me I'm in a cult all the time. We laugh about it.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wouldn't touch the Da Vinci Code with a 10ft pole.
No disrespect @lforrest but the content and stories she espouses sounds scripted to me, literally Davinci Code with the Rosicrucian and Merovingian Bloodlines and all that other nonsense she claims, I don’t think those topics should be encouraged and then posting Satanic Ritual dates that affect people, sounds like scripted stuff to me to put it politely, if you believe in Jehovah and Christ as your Savior those supposed Satanic dates won’t do squat to you, I walk through the valley of death for I fear no evil, Satan has no control whatsoever over me because I’m cloaked with the blood of Christ and the shield of his father Jehovah Almighty.

Reactions: amigo de christo

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
No disrespect @lforrest but the content and stories she espouses sounds scripted to me, literally Davinci Code with the Rosicrucian and Merovingian Bloodlines and all that other nonsense she claims, I don’t think those topics should be encouraged and then posting Satanic Ritual dates that affect people, sounds like scripted stuff to me to put it politely, if you believe in Jehovah and Christ as your Savior those supposed Satanic dates won’t do squat to you, I walk through the valley of death for I fear no evil, Satan has no control whatsoever over me because I’m cloaked with the blood of Christ and the shield of his father Jehovah Almighty.
Yet I know a born again Christian veteran with PTSD. And the anniversary effect is something some people with PTSD may experience.

Reactions: Lambano and Rita

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet I know a born again Christian veteran with PTSD. And the anniversary effect is something some people with PTSD may experience.
So I guess you believe her attention seeking stories? That’s cool we are all entitled to believe what we want, I choose to believe she is a malingerer.

Again no disrespect to you Sir, but if she believes the things she’s saying she needs to see a psychiatrist.

I choose to believe in Jehovah Almighty and renounce Satan and all of his false promises and he has no power over me for Christ is always with me.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
So I guess you believe her attention seeking stories? That’s cool we are all entitled to believe what we want, I choose to believe she is a malingerer.

Again no disrespect to you Sir, but if she believes the things she’s saying she needs to see a psychiatrist.

I believe that she has those memories. And that their obserdity has had the intended effect of obfuscating the truth from you.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that she has those memories. And that their obserdity has had the intended effect of obfuscating the truth from you.
There is no truth in her stories and that's all they are imaginative stories, people like her shouldn't be encouraged for they get other people to believe her warped out of this world story lines, perhaps she watches too many movies, because everything she's talked about I seen in The Davinci Code, Angels and Demons and Eyes Wide Shut to the T.

Status
Not open for further replies.