Should members need to disclose their denomination?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Timothy 2:23 KJV
But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

Titus 3:9 KJV
But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

Not all questions are good.

Much love!
Mark , WATCH THIS . Now listen real closely . THE NEWS MISSED THIS .
BUT I am telling us all , THAT ONE person on that TRAIN KNEW exactly WHO TO TURN TOO .
And the dark spirit in that man COULD NOT RESIST THE POWER OF that name .
IT GOT UP and HAD TO LET HER GO . I tell us all the demons tremble at that name .
LISTEN REAL CLOSE , you will hear something .

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
so stop arguing?
look at you, asking questions now :D

um, man, marks, i feel you here, but a guy has to eat, right? so i dunno if they are mutually agreeable, but i do see in it a model of irl that is imo sorely lacking most other places, or they are trying it but with waaay too heavy a hand imo, and i see you are changing, and as grudgingly as might have put it a year ago—when i was banned—i gotta admit that this forum has changed me too, which i guess i obv needed, huh?

so what im trying to get at is, find a way to coexist with the trolls here, who after all need this place the most, and although you def dont come to mind as needing this next part much, understand when you are being forgiven too, which imo is double hard as a forum operator, and more or less requires some Catholic background, at least in my experience
ha well they did, right

well, what part are you trying to get edified, marks? i often dont agree with you, your posts, per se, but i also often gain insights from them, even if they only register later

i can tell you something that might be hard to believe; if i were to suddenly, or even gradually start agreeing with all your stuff, it would come to drive you nuts too! It is only by being disagreed with that we grow imo.

well, its just…could you post an example of what seems to you to be an “edifying” discussion? if this thread isnt appropriate for that, start another even

trinitarian is a murky concept anyway, dont you think? Tbh i suspect that a big part of the concept is about…well, the same thing as having God’s Name be all vowels, YHWH. AEOU, pronounce that :)

anyway, you think a division of trinitarian/unitarian might be in order, i take it?
and the two shall become one?
this is a great q im thinking, will hafta marinate on that one :)
Perhaps some here are Too quick to label others trolls, Not looking you. We get tons of reports accusing others of trolling when there is a difference of opinion. It is better to think of a troll as an old fashioned mocker. Of which there are many warnings in the proverbs and psalms.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and yet questions are good . WHOSE IMAGE and superscription is this ........
I think it wise to ask questions . As for denominations , I SAY JUST FOLLOW CHRIST . Men do as men do ,
But lambs shall follow Christ .
And that’s what I’m doing, but we must also follow the Father.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is real simple my friend . HE who honors the SON , HONORS the FATHER .
FOLLOW CHRIST . FOR HE ALONE IS THE ONLY WAY UNTO THE FATHER . THERE simply is no other path , no other religoin
no other anything . I am long wore out with the ecuminical lie of rome and most even in protestantism
who are setting up a sensua love as being GOD . teaching folks that GOD is love , WHICH IS TRUE ,
YET bringing a version of said love which is false and not at all compatible to the LOVE OF GOD .
JESUS AINT THE MINISTIR OF SIN .
AND WHO WE OBEY IS WHOSE WE ARE . THESE are hard solid facts that this church age had better fast learn , BEFORE ITS TOO LATE
FOREVER .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think this Christian forum is the best as it’s not bias against a person’s belief in the Father and Son, this is how people learn by discussing and not getting banned because one’s belief conflicts with another, proper and respectful discussion is how things are accomplished.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is real simple my friend . HE who honors the SON , HONORS the FATHER .
FOLLOW CHRIST . FOR HE ALONE IS THE ONLY WAY UNTO THE FATHER . THERE simply is no other path , no other religoin
no other anything . I am long wore out with the ecuminical lie of rome and most even in protestantism
who are setting up a sensua love as being GOD . teaching folks that GOD is love , WHICH IS TRUE ,
YET bringing a version of said love which is false and not at all compatible to the LOVE OF GOD .
JESUS AINT THE MINISTIR OF SIN .
AND WHO WE OBEY IS WHOSE WE ARE . THESE are hard solid facts that this church age had better fast learn , BEFORE ITS TOO LATE
FOREVER .
I haven’t followed the Roman Catholic Church in over a decade.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
have you noticed this church age is HUGE on always hollering charity , aka love . YET KNOW IT NOT .
FOR i tell us all even if i gave all my goods yet behaved unseemingly , I HAVE NOT CHARITY and THUS NO HOPE FOR ME .
Folks need to learn those bibles .
This day and age they teach some charitable works and call that charity and all the while they
call some sins LOVE . Rather odd that while CHARITY does have charitable works , IT DONT SEEM charitable works
WITHOUT HAVING CHARITY ITSELF is gonna PROFIT ANYONE .
I TOO was once in boy scouts and we learned well to do good to all , to help the poor , YET I WAS A PAGAN LOST IN SIN .
SO lets look real close at the biblical definition of charity . I MEAN after all GOD IS LOVE
and if we love not , if we have not charity , WE DONT KNOW GOD .
SO notice it says you can even give all your goods to the poor and YET if one has not charity , IT PROFITS NOTHING .
SO we better know what BIBLICAL LOVE , CHARITY IS .
CHARITY REJOICES IN TRUTH ALONE . NOT IN INQUITY
and it sure DONT behave itself UNSEEMINGLY .
AND NOW A WORD from romans . AND LIKEWISE also the MEN leaving the natural use of the woman
burned in their lust one towards another working that which is .............UNSEEMINLY . OOPS . IT AINT LOVE AT ALL IS IT .
SO it wont matter how much one gave to the poor if they loved inquity , if they behaved themselves UNSEEMINGLY and or
SUPPORTED Those who did , WHAT DO YOU THINK JESUS IS GONNA SAY TO BOTH THOSE WHO DID THIS
and those WHO SUPPORTED IT .
WELL for that , how about i bring us HIS OWN WORDS .
MANY WILL SAY TO ME IN that day DIDNT WE DO MANY GOOD WORKS , MANY GOOD WORKS in your NAME
BUT HE WILL SAY , DEPART FROM ME YE WHO WORKED ........................INQUITY . I TELL US ALL JESUS AINT THE MINISTIR OF SIN
and this all inclusive age AINT GONNA MAKE IT . LEST they repent of their evil and TRULY COME TO THE TRUE JESUS .

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think this Christian forum is the best as it’s not bias against a person’s belief in the Father and Son, this is how people learn by discussing and not getting banned because one’s belief conflicts with another, proper and respectful discussion is how things are accomplished.
Perhaps we could have an 'I believe' thread so people could be open about their beliefs without the danger of argument.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
have you noticed this church age is HUGE on always hollering charity , aka love . YET KNOW IT NOT .
FOR i tell us all even if i gave all my goods yet behaved unseemingly , I HAVE NOT CHARITY and THUS NO HOPE FOR ME .
Folks need to learn those bibles .
This day and age they teach some charitable works and call that charity and all the while they
call some sins LOVE . Rather odd that while CHARITY does have charitable works , IT DONT SEEM charitable works
WITHOUT HAVING CHARITY ITSELF is gonna PROFIT ANYONE .
I TOO was once in boy scouts and we learned well to do good to all , to help the poor , YET I WAS A PAGAN LOST IN SIN .
SO lets look real close at the biblical definition of charity . I MEAN after all GOD IS LOVE
and if we love not , if we have not charity , WE DONT KNOW GOD .
SO notice it says you can even give all your goods to the poor and YET if one has not charity , IT PROFITS NOTHING .
SO we better know what BIBLICAL LOVE , CHARITY IS .
CHARITY REJOICES IN TRUTH ALONE . NOT IN INQUITY
and it sure DONT behave itself UNSEEMINGLY .
AND NOW A WORD from romans . AND LIKEWISE also the MEN leaving the natural use of the woman
burned in their lust one towards another working that which is .............UNSEEMINLY . OOPS . IT AINT LOVE AT ALL IS IT .
SO it wont matter how much one gave to the poor if they loved inquity , if they behaved themselves UNSEEMINGLY and or
SUPPORTED Those who did , WHAT DO YOU THINK JESUS IS GONNA SAY TO BOTH THOSE WHO DID THIS
and those WHO SUPPORTED IT .
WELL for that , how about i bring us HIS OWN WORDS .
MANY WILL SAY TO ME IN that day DIDNT WE DO MANY GOOD WORKS , MANY GOOD WORKS in your NAME
BUT HE WILL SAY , DEPART FROM ME YE WHO WORKED ........................INQUITY . I TELL US ALL JESUS AINT THE MINISTIR OF SIN
and this all inclusive age AINT GONNA MAKE IT . LEST they repent of their evil and TRULY COME TO THE TRUE JESUS .
I know brother.

Reactions: amigo de christo

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps we could have an 'I believe' thread so people could be open about their beliefs without the danger of argument.
I believe in Jehovah the father and Christ his Son, I have no bias against anyone who believes different.

Reactions: Pearl

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so stop arguing?
look at you, asking questions now :D

um, man, marks, i feel you here, but a guy has to eat, right? so i dunno if they are mutually agreeable, but i do see in it a model of irl that is imo sorely lacking most other places, or they are trying it but with waaay too heavy a hand imo, and i see you are changing, and as grudgingly as might have put it a year ago—when i was banned—i gotta admit that this forum has changed me too, which i guess i obv needed, huh?

so what im trying to get at is, find a way to coexist with the trolls here, who after all need this place the most, and although you def dont come to mind as needing this next part much, understand when you are being forgiven too, which imo is double hard as a forum operator, and more or less requires some Catholic background, at least in my experience
ha well they did, right

well, what part are you trying to get edified, marks? i often dont agree with you, your posts, per se, but i also often gain insights from them, even if they only register later

i can tell you something that might be hard to believe; if i were to suddenly, or even gradually start agreeing with all your stuff, it would come to drive you nuts too! It is only by being disagreed with that we grow imo.

well, its just…could you post an example of what seems to you to be an “edifying” discussion? if this thread isnt appropriate for that, start another even

trinitarian is a murky concept anyway, dont you think? Tbh i suspect that a big part of the concept is about…well, the same thing as having God’s Name be all vowels, YHWH. AEOU, pronounce that :)

anyway, you think a division of trinitarian/unitarian might be in order, i take it?
and the two shall become one?
this is a great q im thinking, will hafta marinate on that one :)
It would make your posts much easier to read if you wouldn't abbreviate so much. I can figure out some/most of what you're saying, but not all of it.

If it matters to you, you might consider it. It's not that many more letters to type.

God bless. :)

Reactions: marks and Pearl

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The statement of faith, board rules, all of it affirms this board is for those who believe in the Trinity of God the Father, Son, Holy Spirit, and that questions are allowed, but only that, not the determined onslaughts we've been seeing in increasing numbers. Which are specifically being allowed.

Much love!
I see this board as setting a standard for freedom of speech and equal opportunity for discussions of all kinds. I have often seen them handle issues of blatant faithlessness, or even pagan propaganda so I do see them deal with the extremes.

It's certainly not the wild west, but I think they do a great job of allowing us to discuss all aspects, perspectives, of Scripture. And they are much better about that than any Forum I have ever seen.

There are countless other Forums who will throw you out if you even mention anything anti-trinitarian. Those places always have a door open for people who prefer that level of censorship.

No offense intended. Just saying.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Understanding the trinity does not define a Christian
If it does in your book then how would you label me?
I still believe in Christ our saviour, doesn't that define me as a Christian?
Perhaps you label me a heretic. I don't care, you don't know me

There are over 40,000 Christian denominations. All disagree about something. Be careful in asserting that your way is the only way because you are most likely in error as everyone else is
Even so...

Reactions: JohnPaul

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There are countless other Forums who will throw you out if you even mention anything anti-trinitarian. Those places always have a door open for people who prefer that level of censorship.
Right. But the last thing we need here is censorship.

And if those who hold to false beliefs show up, they can be simply refuted with the actual Scriptures. So we can commend this Board for allowing all kinds of heretics to show up and be exposed for their heresies. The primary heresy is the rejection of the deity of Christ -- the fact that Jesus of Nazareth is in fact "GOD (THEOS) manifest in the flesh" (1 Tim 3:16 KJB).

Therefore the Holy Trinity is also rejected. But the heretics are facing eternal damnation and they all need to repent and believe the Bible before it is too late.

At the same time, those who are new to the faith or uncertain should redouble their efforts to study the Bible and discover the truth for themselves. And anyone who sincerely desires the truth will be shown the truth by God. It is only those who are running away from the truth who will be judicially blinded.

And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: (2 Thess 2:10,11)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
It would make your posts much easier to read if you wouldn't abbreviate so much. I can figure out some/most of what you're saying, but not all of it.

If it matters to you, you might consider it. It's not that many more letters to type.

God bless. :)
sorry, if you have chrome you can highlight them, and it will “say aloud” for you, or urban dictionary…but i am using only the most very basic ones here, on purpose. i typically type 100k words a day, so yikes! if i didnt have an ipad now, that anticipates words like anticipate halfway through i dunno where id be tbh

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
And towards what part of a man does controversy attract?
idt we seek controversy so much as a refining of another’s written profession, being as how we lack most of the cues in this written mode of communication? So it might often at least be a lazy way of clarifying, rather than asking a clarifying question. Of course some ppl would argue with a “post” anyway narf

Status
Not open for further replies.