Should members need to disclose their denomination?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no truth in her stories and that's all they are imaginative stories, people like her shouldn't be encouraged for they get other people to believe her warped out of this world story lines, perhaps she watches too many movies, because everything she's talked about I seen in The Davinci Code, Angels and Demons and Eyes Wide Shut to the T.
So because you don't believe them that makes it untrue?
And people don't believe in God so they must be right too, right?

Have you ever heard of MK Ultra? A government program that experimented on people with drugs and mind control?
MKUltra
Project MKUltra was the code name of an illegal human experimentation program designed and undertaken by the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency. The experiments were intended to develop procedures and identify drugs such as LSD that could be used in interrogations to weaken individuals and force confessions through brainwashing and psychological torture.Wikipedia

Now because you don't believe in certain ritualistic satanic practises, doesn't mean that other people don't.
In fact many people take them very seriously.
Just like you don't have to believe in God for God to be real,
you don't have to believe in satanic practises for them to be real.

It's NOT what you believe, it's what other people believe.
And they practise what they believe, whether you belive it or not.

Before you go calling people liars you should educate yourself. If your not willing to educate yourself, then don't accuse other people of knowing things you yourself have no knowledge of.
That's called ignorance.

Many people today are under the influence of demonic behavior, whether you want to admit it or not.
And it's good for people to know how they operate in order to avoid them when they walk across your path.
A lot of people have been victims of all kinds of abuse and many are looking for comfort and healing.
And the bible tells us that we should help our brothers and sisters when they are facing troubles, specially ones that are hard to understand or overcome.

Educate yourself on the ways the devil underminds innocent people. Usually through people you trust like doctors and psychologists, who have roles to play in the devil's schemes.

Unless you don't believe in the devil and satan and evil?
A lot of people live in a world where they never came in contact with such things.
Doesn't make them untrue, just makes them unknown to those that never encountered them.

Not everything is a "conspiracy theory". There really are conspiracy facts.
And satanism is real. Whether you believe it or not.

Do you believe in Angels?
Do you believe Jesus cast out devils?

What is so hard to believe about people who believe in satanism?
Not everyone follows Jesus.
That's a fact.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So because you don't believe them that makes it untrue?
And people don't believe in God so they must be right too, right?

Have you ever heard of MK Ultra? A government program that experimented on people with drugs and mind control?
MKUltra
Project MKUltra was the code name of an illegal human experimentation program designed and undertaken by the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency. The experiments were intended to develop procedures and identify drugs such as LSD that could be used in interrogations to weaken individuals and force confessions through brainwashing and psychological torture.Wikipedia

Now because you don't believe in certain ritualistic satanic practises, doesn't mean that other people don't.
In fact many people take them very seriously.
Just like you don't have to believe in God for God to be real,
you don't have to believe in satanic practises for them to be real.

It's NOT what you believe, it's what other people believe.
And they practise what they believe, whether you belive it or not.

Before you go calling people liars you should educate yourself. If your not willing to educate yourself, then don't accuse other people of knowing things you yourself have no knowledge of.
That's called ignorance.

Many people today are under the influence of demonic behavior, whether you want to admit it or not.
And it's good for people to know how they operate in order to avoid them when they walk across your path.
A lot of people have been victims of all kinds of abuse and many are looking for comfort and healing.
And the bible tells us that we should help our brothers and sisters when they are facing troubles, specially ones that are hard to understand or overcome.

Educate yourself on the ways the devil underminds innocent people. Usually through people you trust like doctors and psychologists, who have roles to play in the devil's schemes.

Unless you don't believe in the devil and satan and evil?
A lot of people live in a world where they never came in contact with such things.
Doesn't make them untrue, just makes them unknown to those that never encountered them.

Not everything is a "conspiracy theory". There really are conspiracy facts.
And satanism is real. Whether you believe it or not.

Do you believe in Angels?
Do you believe Jesus cast out devils?

What is so hard to believe about people who believe in satanism?
Not everyone follows Jesus.
That's a fact.
I believe In Jehovah, I let no evil near me as I believe in Christ, yes I've heard of all the things mentioned, I've also heard of Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, that doesn't make them real does it?

Yes I believe evil exists the devil exists, but I don't believe scripted stories that are almost identical to movies I've seen almost word for word.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe In Jehovah, I let no evil near me as I believe in Christ, yes I've heard of all the things mentioned, I've also heard of Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, that doesn't make them real does it?

Yes I believe evil exists the devil exists, but I don't believe scripted stories that are almost identical to movies I've seen almost word for word.
Do you know that the government and Hollywood work together to produce movies?
That most things we see in the movies that seems too far out or unbelievable, are things that the government is actually making the public aware to before they come right out and expose it.
I gave up movies a long time ago. Now I see them in the news everyday.
I don't do pagan holidays.
Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny are for commercial purposes only.
They set up little children to believe a lie, so they can pull the rug out from under them when they get bigger, thus making anything of "faith" not worth believing in. This is evil.

Some things going on in this world today are really hard to get your head around. I agree.
But it happens. It happens more than we are willing to admit.
Christians are good hearted people. It takes a strong person to look into the face of evil.
Most would rather look the other way and believe that no human being could possibly be capable of doing such things.
We can't see it, because it's too horrorfying, too grotesque,too unbelievable.

I believe there are slaughter houses that produce our meat.
I don't want to see the animals get slaughtered. I rather just go the market and pick up some chicken breasts or hamburg and not think about where it came from or how it got in the package.
I won't watch hunting programs. Or just about anything that has anything to do with animals.
It doesn't mean people don't hunt. It just means I rather not see it, or know about it.

There are adults in this world raping todlers. There are children being locked in attics and cellars.
There are women and children being tortured and raped and trafficked to the highest bidder.
These things are real and they happen every day.
Just because we don't see them happening in our own front yard, doesn't mean it don't exist.

It's a hard world for a lot of people.
Thank God we have been blessed not to have to be subjected to that kind of horror.
But don't discount someone else's testimony, just because you have been blessed not to.

Show some compassion, some empathy.
Not everyone's life looks like ours.
Some are pretty devastating.
Pray for them instead of criticising them.
If it isn't true, then you would have caused no harm.
And if it is true, then perhaps your prayers may do some good.

Think outside the box. It's a big world out there.
I rather leave it out there, but it always has a way of sneaking in when your least aware.
Pray Brother..
Pray.
Hugs

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know that the government and Hollywood work together to produce movies?
That most things we see in the movies that seems too far out or unbelievable, are things that the government is actually making the public aware to before they come right out and expose it.
I gave up movies a long time ago. Now I see them in the news everyday.
I don't do pagan holidays.
Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny are for commercial purposes only.
They set up little children to believe a lie, so they can pull the rug out from under them when they get bigger, thus making anything of "faith" not worth believing in. This is evil.

Some things going on in this world today are really hard to get your head around. I agree.
But it happens. It happens more than we are willing to admit.
Christians are good hearted people. It takes a strong person to look into the face of evil.
Most would rather look the other way and believe that no human being could possibly be capable of doing such things.
We can't see it, because it's too horrorfying, too grotesque,too unbelievable.

I believe there are slaughter houses that produce our meat.
I don't want to see the animals get slaughtered. I rather just go the market and pick up some chicken breasts or hamburg and not think about where it came from or how it got in the package.
I won't watch hunting programs. Or just about anything that has anything to do with animals.
It doesn't mean people don't hunt. It just means I rather not see it, or know about it.

There are adults in this world raping todlers. There are children being locked in attics and cellars.
There are women and children being tortured and raped and trafficked to the highest bidder.
These things are real and they happen every day.
Just because we don't see them happening in our own front yard, doesn't mean it don't exist.

It's a hard world for a lot of people.
Thank God we have been blessed not to have to be subjected to that kind of horror.
But don't discount someone else's testimony, just because you have been blessed not to.

Show some compassion, some empathy.
Not everyone's life looks like ours.
Some are pretty devastating.
Pray for them instead of criticising them.
If it isn't true, then you would have caused no harm.
And if it is true, then perhaps your prayers may do some good.

Think outside the box. It's a big world out there.
I rather leave it out there, but it always has a way of sneaking in when your least aware.
Pray Brother..
Pray.
Hugs
So you actually believe this lady and her fantastic stories?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is that any of us believe the many fantastic stories written in the Bible?

"So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." John 8:7

"The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord.
It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household?" Matt 10:24-25

"Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed." John 20:29

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is that any of us believe the many fantastic stories written in the Bible?

"So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." John 8:7

"The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord.
It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household?" Matt 10:24-25

"Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed." John 20:29
I have not seen our Savior Jesus Christ yet I believe, I know evil exists in the world, but I also know when things are made up for grabbing attention and sympathy. I’ve never seen the Devil but know he exists and that the power of Jehovah and his only begotten Son our Savior protect me from the adversary.

The stories this lady tells are scripted word for word nothing that can’t be looked up or seen in a movie.

If you choose to believe her, we’ll then good for you Amadeus, as it’s your right and my right not to.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We seem to have a raft of folks arguing against the trinity and the identity of Jesus.

If members were unable to hide behind the term 'Christian' it would save a lot of time.

Thoughts... ???
Ones affiliation with a denomination/religion gives a point of reference to ones system of beliefs whether they are orthodox or heterodox.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ones affiliation with a denomination/religion gives a point of reference to ones system of beliefs whether they are orthodox or heterodox.
Only if the outside person has an accurate understanding of to the other group’s theology that exactly match that person’s beliefs.

Frankly a lot of time that doesn’t happen. An outsider can have a very inaccurate grasp of what another group believes. Or the group’s beliefs on this particular issue could be “it’s non essential” and group members have a wide variety of views on the subject. Or even a person simply just disagrees with their denomination on this issue.

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only the outside person has an accurate understanding of to the other group’s theology that exactly match that person’s beliefs.

Frankly a lot of time that doesn’t happen. An outsider can have a very inaccurate grasp of what another group believes. Or the group’s beliefs on this particular issue could be “it’s non essential” and group members have a wide variety of views on the subject. Or even a person simply just disagrees with their denomination on this issue.
That is true but it at-least you get an idea about who they believe God is, their view on inspiration of scripture, salvation by grace, resurrection of Jesus, the afterlife etc...

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.
Because I've heard the same "TESTIMONY" from many people from many walks of life.

As I said: Thank God that you have been blessed not to have to give or experience these same testimonies.
They are only fantastic to you because you have not had to go through what others have.
Count your Blessings Brother.
And Pray for them rather than criticise or deny them.

I can show you, but I can't make you see.

Please Pray.
Hugs

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
op: Disclose denomination?

Probably not such a good idea, as when I was in one, I was PROUD!
That's probably why you copy-and-paste lies about them, I guess, and then run and hide (like you're still doing—you won't even admit your wrongdoing) without apologizing when you're busted.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.
Because I've heard the same "TESTIMONY" from many people from many walks of life.

As I said: Thank God that you have been blessed not to have to give or experience these same testimonies.
They are only fantastic to you because you have not had to go through what others have.

Please Pray.
Hugs
I’ve seen it all before they have a good movie about it called Eyes Wide Shut, don’t go believing all these conspiracy theories.

They are very easy to fall for, you only have to believe in Jehovah Almighty and Christ his only begotten son.

But if you choose to believe it’s your prerogative.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have not seen our Savior Jesus Christ yet I believe, I know evil exists in the world, but I also know when things are made up for grabbing attention and sympathy. I’ve never seen the Devil but know he exists and that the power of Jehovah and his only begotten Son our Savior protect me from the adversary.

The stories this lady tells are scripted word for word nothing that can’t be looked up or seen in a movie.

If you choose to believe her, we’ll then good for you Amadeus, as it’s your right and my right not to.
Even so my friend! We believe or we do not, but there is also a time remain silent is there not?

Jesus always knew when to open His mouth OR not. Unless we always have the mind of the God and know all things about a person as God does, would it not be better to remain silent than to insist on expressing an opinion that a person's testimony is not true? Are we not all supposed to live by faith rather than by knowledge?

Remember what faith is!
"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
... a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
Ecc 3:1, 7

Jesus who knew much more all of the time from His Father than any of us, did remain silent at times did He not?

"Then said Pilate unto him, Hearest thou not how many things they witness against thee?
And he answered him to never a word; insomuch that the governor marvelled greatly." Matt 27:13-14

Why did Jesus remain silent? Did he have no answer, or was it that he knew but at the moment was not to share his Father's will or purpose?

"And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." Matt 26:39

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even so my friend! We believe or we do not, but there is also a time remain silent is there not?

Jesus always knew when to open His mouth OR not. Unless we always have the mind of the God and know all things about a person as God does, would it not be better to remain silent than to insist on expressing an opinion that a person's testimony is not true? Are we not all supposed to live by faith rather than by knowledge?

Remember what faith is!
"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
... a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
Ecc 3:1, 7

Jesus who knew much more all of the time from His Father than any of us, did remain silent at times did He not?

"Then said Pilate unto him, Hearest thou not how many things they witness against thee?
And he answered him to never a word; insomuch that the governor marvelled greatly." Matt 27:13-14

Why did Jesus remain silent? Did he have no answer, or was it that he knew but at the moment was not to share his Father's will or purpose?

"And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." Matt 26:39
Thank you for those wise words Amadeus, I understand and shall keep quiet.

Reactions: amadeus

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A very large segment of Christianity today depends significantly upon the enthusiasm afforded by conspiracy theories to fuel a substantial substitute for true faith. This is a very unfortunate reality. People can fabricate conspiracies faster than Christians can investigate to see whether or not they are really and truly accurate.

The problem with this is twofold in nature (and very pleasing to the enemy of souls): First, as already mentioned, it can occupy the time and effort that would be better spent in service and devotion to God; second, it can place a believer in a position where he is making a habit of what amounts to little better than bearing false witness against people and organizations that they often really know little, if anything, about.

It is becoming a bigger and bigger problem in the environment of increasingly religio-political Evangelicalism, and it is a trick of the devil that bears some voicing of warning. And in the larger corporate context of faith, religious liberty is always a casualty of the amalgamation of church and state. As long and hard as the authors of western democratic republics worked at setting up a politically durable guard and instruction against this, it seems to be a lesson we are very slow to learn.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.

Please Pray.
Hugs
Watching this now.

Reactions: Ziggy
Status
Not open for further replies.