Sign Gifts Semi-Safe House

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hemlock

Apr 6, 2021
WACO
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philadelphia was the only church that had nothing bad spoken against it.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I found this pretty amazing and thought I would share. A couple weeks ago, I had this day flash that my username was in royal blue on CF. I thought that was strange, because only administrators have usernames like that and that is something that wouldn't interest me... Today though, a moderator pm'd me and said I was an encouragement and asked if I ever considered being a CF ambassador or CF angel. I think basically, they pray for people/welcome people.

I told her I was going to wait. To be honest, this change has been fairly recent in me. I really feel changed/ transformed. I am different. But I want this transformation permanently baked into me as my identity rather then just having the honor of a title. I want to encourage others now, because Bible says to for one, but also because I feel like Holy Spirit has shown me how to truly minister to others' hearts and my own heart. I want the title inside of me, so that if I ever find a royal blue badge under my name, it is just another natural day in my Christian walk. Praying for people and welcoming people shouldn't be something you just apply for, but as a Christian, something we already are. Just took me a long time to find out what I should be doing on the forums...

Never got alerts for this, but that sounds great! I would like to think there is still hope for CF. I don't know when, but I do think the day will come when it experiences a revival of sorts.

All things in God's timing.

Reactions: Mayflower

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prophesy is also an unknown tongue but it is interpreted because it’s a message to a congregation.

There’s the unknown tongue never understood by any man, but when it’s a prophetical unknown tongue spoken aloud in church, someone else is given the interpretation.

Greetings, Curtis.

While I think tongues and interpretation can take the form of prophecy, prophecy in its standard form as described in scripture was not in tongues but directly communicated. This is implied in Paul's description given in 1 Corinthians 14:23-25.

God bless,
- H

Reactions: Mayflower

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greetings, Curtis.

While I think tongues and interpretation can take the form of prophecy, prophecy in its standard form as described in scripture was not in tongues but directly communicated. This is implied in Paul's description given in 1 Corinthians 14:23-25.

God bless,
- H

I deleted my first response to you, because after reviewing the chapter, I changed my mind on it and agree prophecy is a known tongue, but tongues with interpretation gives forth a message, too.

Shalom.

Hemlock

Apr 6, 2021
WACO
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prophecy is CONTRASTED with Tongues when Paul says "but rather that ye prophesy" - but when a message in tongues is interpreted, the interpretation is like a prophecy

I wonder if Paul knew we would be arguing centuries later about every word he wrote about things

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Prophecy is CONTRASTED with Tongues when Paul says "but rather that ye prophesy" - but when a message in tongues is interpreted, the interpretation is like a prophecy

I wonder if Paul knew we would be arguing centuries later about every word he wrote about things
It would have been nothing new to him. They were arguing with each other in the Corinthian church, with some going along with Peter, others saying that Peter was teaching nonsense and Paul was correct, while others said that Peter and Paul were off beam and Apollos had the real truth, and then there were others who said the whole lot of them were talking nonsense and they were following what Christ said in the Gospels.

Then others were getting drunk and gluttonous at the Lord's supper (it was a real supper then, not just a small snack that we have today), and others were expressing disgust at the drunkedness, and others moaning that they didn't get much food.

Then there were arguments about whether the person who was having nooky with his mother in law should or should not remain in the fellowship.

There were still more arguments about whether Christ had actually risen from the dead.

Also, some married women were arguing and questioning about prophecies given in the meetings, disrupting the flow of the meetings.

So the issue about people speaking in tongues without interpretation in the church was a pretty minor issue (blown up out of all proportion by modern anti-tongues cessationists) which was easily solved by Paul - "Speak prophecy instead of tongues when you are in church, and save your tongues for when you want to pray to yourself and to God."

So what's different today? Nothing. The same arguments are happening through all our churches. In fact, the Corinthian church had more of the Holy Spirit in it than the majority of our modern churches in spite of a prominent Bible teacher saying that the Corinthian church was riddled with paganism and demon influence - why? Because a few people were talking in tongues without interpretation! Sounds like that Bible teacher's opinions came out the backside of a horse!

Reactions: Hemlock