Sign Gifts Semi-Safe House

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grunt Hemlock

Feb 25, 2021
WACO
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tongues, Prophecies, Slain In The Spirit, Visions, Anything Cessationists says no longer happens, Prayer Language vs message to the Church and others.

Several years ago, I attended a Charismatic Episcopal Church. They were strictly BY THE BOOK about every message being interpreted, and never was it by the person who spoke it. I usually sat in the front right, but one sunday sat in the rear left.

A message was given in Tongues. We all waited for an Interpretation. And waited. And waited some more. Then a CELL PHONE rang in the front right, a moment later an interpretation was given. It was just the timing, but seemed like the interpretation came in by phone, just a funny coincidence.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tongues, Prophecies, Slain In The Spirit, Visions, Anything Cessationists says no longer happens, Prayer Language vs message to the Church and others.

Several years ago, I attended a Charismatic Episcopal Church. They were strictly BY THE BOOK about every message being interpreted, and never was it by the person who spoke it. I usually sat in the front right, but one sunday sat in the rear left.

A message was given in Tongues. We all waited for an Interpretation. And waited. And waited some more. Then a CELL PHONE rang in the front right, a moment later an interpretation was given. It was just the timing, but seemed like the interpretation came in by phone, just a funny coincidence.

There was a Tongues and interpretation sunday in church. The message was basically about pressing into God. I don't remember all of it, but it was really neat. Back about ten years ago, one happened in a church I visited. The interpretation was on God's love, but all I could think of then was how freaked I was by the tongues.

This time I was just amazed. I just was asking God about it last week, because I pray in tongues, but know this is different. So pastor said there will be a series soon on these gifts of the Spirit. I really look forward to learning more about it. I never gave them a chance, because of my fear. But what I see, is it edifies believers and is a sign to unbelievers. God is so good.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My friend told me that it is rare to have a tongues interpreter these days. I wonder if it is something you study or it just pops in the head. Pastor's wife interpreted.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was this couple several years ago - Charle5 t eds and Frances Hunter.
Mrs Hunter prayed for me - touched my forehead - I floated over backwards in super-slow motion.

I know nothing about that yet. Ive seen it though in the past. What is it done for?

Grunt Hemlock

Feb 25, 2021
WACO
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You come up for prayer requests.
I was praying for my teeth - I later got dentures - but people were coming for various things...
Being slain in the spirit is not really in the Bible - I think something like it is described when King Saul was prophesying

Grunt Hemlock

Feb 25, 2021
WACO
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People come to be prayed for for various things - many people accept Christ for the first time.

Whoever is leading asks people to stand behind those having hands laid on them ( or simply touched )

This is not done for safety - because people who are slain float backwards - those who are "catching them" are doing this for the sake of appearances.

So I "caught" people and got slain myself - a sense of weightlessness, both in catching people (like they weighed nothing) and in floating backwards in slow motion.

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People come to be prayed for for various things - many people accept Christ for the first time.

Whoever is leading asks people to stand behind those having hands laid on them ( or simply touched )

This is not done for safety - because people who are slain float backwards - those who are "catching them" are doing this for the sake of appearances.

So I "caught" people and got slain myself - a sense of weightlessness, both in catching people (like they weighed nothing) and in floating backwards in slow motion.

So what is it for? Why DO you fall backwards? This is one of those I don't know scripture for or understand too well. I don't want to shrug it off though as false. I just want to understand it more first. See scriptures for it.

You come up for prayer requests.
I was praying for my teeth - I later got dentures - but people were coming for various things...
Being slain in the spirit is not really in the Bible - I think something like it is described when King Saul was prophesying

LOL. Well, your prayer was answered. Actual teeth would really be a miracle for sure. @Mark Balicki had a testimony of someone growing a new big toe though. That was pretty amazing.

@amadeus
@Heart2Soul
@Hidden In Him

Yall have any experiences with slain in the spirit?

This would be considered more a sign then a gift right?

So what causes you to fall down?

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Being slain in the spirit is not really in the Bible

I believe you are wrong.

- When the soldiers and Judas came to arrest Jesus and Jesus answered, “I am he,” (asserting his divinity) they collapsed on the ground (John 18:6).

- When John saw a vision of God in heaven, he fell as though dead (Revelation 1:17).

- Saul, when on his way to Damascus to persecute Christians fell to the ground when he heard God’s voice (Acts 9:3-4).

Grunt Hemlock

Feb 25, 2021
WACO
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I said - I dunno any scriptures that describe it - something about King Saul prophesying with a band of people he met is closest thing to it in the Bible

I don't know why people fall backwards
it is not a GIFT - but others have described it in the same way

Reactions: Mayflower

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what is it for? Why DO you fall backwards? This is one of those I don't know scripture for or understand too well. I don't want to shrug it off though as false. I just want to understand it more first. See scriptures for it.

LOL. Well, your prayer was answered. Actual teeth would really be a miracle for sure. @Mark Balicki had a testimony of someone growing a new big toe though. That was pretty amazing.

@amadeus
@Heart2Soul
@Hidden In Him

Yall have any experiences with slain in the spirit?

This would be considered more a sign then a gift right?

So what causes you to fall down?
I do! The Holy Spirit was present during an alter call and I was seeking God to give me laughter...I was 24 and never experienced a real true outburst of laughter. I would cover my mouth and smile and let out a quiet giggle.
So while at the alter praying the Holy Spirit came upon me and I fell backwards and began laughing uncontrollably...belly laughing and when I was about to regain my composure it would start all over again.
You know how laughter is contagious....well the whole congregation began to laugh and soon everyone was laughing uncontrollably.....tears running down your face laughter.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So when did yall first learn about these type of sign gifts and how have they enriched your spiritual lives?

I wasn't open to them at all until a few years ago. Teen Challenge is very much assembly of God, but I was closed to it mainly because I was very set in my ways. I was just there in recovery. I did get tongues as a prayer language though, Baptism of the Holy Spirit happened. They planted a seed that there was more revelation there. To seek it out. But tongues scared me and didn't start praying in them until a few years ago again. Mainly, because they always broke out in my head when I prayed. I rebuked them the longest time. But now!!!!! Now I just see good fruits come from it, especially since Ive come out in the open with it and changed to a church that believes this way. I feel more at peace praying in them freely to God and really do feel more empowered when I pray.

Dreams, I became open a couple years ago about. And I love reading in God's Word about dreams and how God used them. The ones I have seen Hidden interpret just amaze me. I love how God uses them to help and edify believers.

Then there is healing. And I never thought of it until my new church. I prayed for my friends to get well and stuff, but you just see it in a whole new light when you look at it sith eyes of faith. Like pastor says, I mean, look for an allergic reaction or something before stopping your insulin, but God does heal. Speak it, believe it, earnestly seek God, and wait for Him.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do! The Holy Spirit was present during an alter call and I was seeking God to give me laughter...I was 24 and never experienced a real true outburst of laughter. I would cover my mouth and smile and let out a quiet giggle.
So while at the alter praying the Holy Spirit came upon me and I fell backwards and began laughing uncontrollably...belly laughing and when I was about to regain my composure it would start all over again.
You know how laughter is contagious....well the whole congregation began to laugh and soon everyone was laughing uncontrollably.....tears running down your face laughter.

I have heard of this happening. Man, I was thinking prophecy/dreams/tongues, but these things just bring so many questions to my mind. Like things I have heard of before, but never really experienced. So this is considered "slain in the spirit" also?

In TC, to be honest, I fell down twice. But looking back, I was young then, I think I didn't understand what it was or know if anything really happened. Now I see these things, and from what I have tasted from these gifts and signs, I look at them more from the perspective, this can be real too, rather then be completely closed off to it or from the danger of it being from an emotional experience. I cant honestly say that was genuine in Teen Challenge. But I can pray about a real experience and what that is to be slain in the spirit. Is it just like a touch from God?

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe you are wrong.

- When the soldiers and Judas came to arrest Jesus and Jesus answered, “I am he,” (asserting his divinity) they collapsed on the ground (John 18:6).

- When John saw a vision of God in heaven, he fell as though dead (Revelation 1:17).

- Saul, when on his way to Damascus to persecute Christians fell to the ground when he heard God’s voice (Acts 9:3-4).

Thanks for the verses. Like seeing scripture in a whole new light. :)

Reactions: Triumph1300

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe you are wrong.

So basically falling down in awe of God? Like an awe-struck moment?