Silly question, but a thought provoking one:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God did no such thing. Acts 17:31 informs us that God chose the man Jesus. This is not at all the same as God became incarnate.
What is this Jesus if he is not God, and he is not an angel, and was not in the form of a man until he was birthed into this world, yet he exists eternally and was with God before he took the shape of a human?

The only conclusion to come to is that God is three in one. A mystery that we can not fathom in our worm-like existence and just have to accept is real and true, despite our inability to understand it. I don't think it right to dispose of it just because we can't understand it in our small selves. You know for a time, man would have laughed if you told him iron can float on water, or that iron can fly like a bird in the air. There are just some things we can't understand in our limited knowledge. That doesn't make what we can't understand untrue.

Last edited:

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Besides so he could be the 'life for life' required by the law, he took humanity upon himself to become a compassionate High Priest...

...He had to be made like His brothers in every way, so that He might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, in order to make atonement for the sins of the people. Because He Himself suffered when He was tempted, He is able to help those who are being tempted." Hebrews 2:17-18

I agree with @Helen, that's just nonsense.
But the law, including a life for a life, existed because God planned the fall before the foundation of the world.
Which is where was also created then the sin sacrifice that was that lamb. Slain before the foundation of the world that God called good on the sixth day.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the law, including a life for a life, existed because God planned the fall before the foundation of the world.
Which is where was also created then the sin sacrifice that was that lamb. Slain before the foundation of the world that God called good on the sixth day.
I guess you're not getting the point.
Jesus had to become human like us in order to be the fair and equitable life that is required as payment for life...life for life, tooth for tooth, blood for blood, foot for foot, eye for eye. He could have just said, "okay, I'll just let you guys off." But he didn't. Instead he took the hard way and actually satisfied his own law, though he could have easily just decided the law didn't have to be kept regarding the penalty for sin and just let us off. The question little Billy should be asking is why didn't God pardon us like a President does? You know, just lets them go scot free without actually paying the penalty himself for what they've done.

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess you're not getting the point.
Jesus had to become human like us in order to be the fair and equitable life that is required as payment for life...life for life, tooth for tooth, blood for blood, foot for foot, eye for eye. He could have just said, "okay, I'll just let you guys off." But he didn't. Instead he took the hard way and actually satisfied his own law, though he could have easily just decided the law didn't have to be kept regarding the penalty for sin and just let us off. The question little Billy should be asking is why didn't God pardon us like a President does? You know, just lets them go scot free without actually paying the penalty himself for what they've done.
Oh, I got the point.
Though it would appear you did not get mine.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Apparently what is being lost or overlooked here is the definition of “redemption”.
Why was Christ called our “Redeemer”?

His perfect sinless life, paid the “life for life” part of God’s law. In order for justice to be done, an equivalent had to be offered to cancel a debt. If a man was deeply in debt, with no way to pay it, he was to offer his services to the one to whom he owed the debt until it was paid in full. He, or one of his children, would become the servant of that man until the debt was fully cancelled. The only other way to cancel the debt was for a benevolent relative or friend (who had the means) to pay the debt for him, and free him or his child from that servitude.

So why did Jesus have to become a human and offer his life for Adam’s children?

What Adam lost by his disobedience was his own perfect sinless life.....he died as a payment his own debt. But he also lost perfect sinless life for all of his children who inherited his defects. Jesus came to ransom them (all of us as Adam’s offspring) out of that slavery to inevitable sin and death. Jesus had to come from outside of the sinful human race in order to offer ‘a sinless life for a sinless life’. No human born of Adam had the correct price. (Romans 5:12) God provided the ransom price that justice demanded. The Redeemer did not have to be God to pay it....all he needed to be was sinless. Jesus had to be a mortal human in every respect in order to die a death like Adam’s. It is why he is called “the last Adam”. (1 Corinthians 15:45)

If we understand what “redemption” is, and how God sent Jesus who willingly paid the price, it all makes perfect sense. No greater love has ever been demonstrated.....

Here's something I find interesting; Jesus forgave the paralytic without requiring anything.....he did it in other situations also like the thief beside him and the woman caught in adultery.....no sacrifice, no repentance, no confession, no baptism, no anything.....he just forgave and to validate that it was not just words he had the paralytic skipping out of there.

Sooooo, dare we ask the question it is begging? Does God require sacrifice to forgive.....any sort of sacrifice? Perhaps we need to redefine 'sacrifice' ?

Reactions: bbyrd009

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Here's something I find interesting; Jesus forgave the paralytic without requiring anything.....he did it in other situations also like the thief beside him and the woman caught in adultery.....no sacrifice, no repentance, no confession, no baptism, no anything.....he just forgave and to validate that it was not just words he had the paralytic skipping out of there.

Sooooo, dare we ask the question it is begging? Does God require sacrifice to forgive.....any sort of sacrifice? Perhaps we need to redefine 'sacrifice' ?
If Jesus hadn’t been the one to pay for the redemption of the human race, no forgiveness would have been possible. He forgave them in advance of his sacrifice.....on the basis of it.
Prior to that the sacrifices of animals provided temporary forgiveness.

Hebrews 9:22...
“Yes, according to the Law nearly all things are cleansed with blood, and unless blood is poured out no forgiveness takes place.”
Christ’s blood was poured out for the forgiveness of sins.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Only his body part? Either he died or he didn’t.

Who are “we”.

“I” am not my flesh , that is only part of me. Just as egg shell is just part of the egg, it’s not the life of the egg.
Romans 7 & 8 shows this. Paul was the “I” / man inside , his flesh was not him.
Just as I am not my body.
We are souls , clothed and walking around with a body of clay , as the Bible says.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If Jesus hadn’t been the one to pay for the redemption of the human race, no forgiveness would have been possible. He forgave them in advance of his sacrifice.....on the basis of it.
Prior to that the sacrifices of animals provided temporary forgiveness.

Hebrews 9:22...
“Yes, according to the Law nearly all things are cleansed with blood, and unless blood is poured out no forgiveness takes place.”
Christ’s blood was poured out for the forgiveness of sins.
Do you think there could be another way of looking at it/seeing it?

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
ha, ya think?
No son of man may die for another’s sins
If we understand what “redemption” is, and how God sent Jesus who willingly paid the price, it all makes perfect sense. No greater love has ever been demonstrated
yet No son of man has not been annulled or anything
has it?
Besides so he could be the 'life for life' required by the law, he took humanity upon himself
ha bc under the law nearly every sin requires blood huh ferris

plus you guys surely already know an eye for an eye is meant to be limiting, right

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
What is nonsense is the impossibility of God dying. If Jesus were God, who raised him from the dead?

The 'life for life' standard necessary means the sacrifice must be made by one who can die. This being cannot be God because Scripture tells us God does not change. Death is the ultimate change.
I said “you are Elohim”

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

word

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More JW nonsense. If God did not become incarnate, then you are still in your sins.

Totally wrong and completely illogical. Where is this in the Bible?

And I'm not JW.

This is right and logical. The only reason you and I are out of our sins is because Jesus is not God for he is our only mediator to God. (Unless you mean something else by 'still in your sins') Of course, to say Jesus is God and our only mediator to God is an abuse of language usage.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only his body part? Either he died or he didn’t.

Who are “we”.

What an odd question and totally irrelevant for the point does not hinge on who we are but death.

The Bible says over and over again that Jesus died. Your doctrine does not accept this because of your doctrine. 2 Cor 1:13 explicitly states there is no hidden meaning in the Apostles writings. Jesus died. Scripture does not say part of Jesus died. Adding the word 'part' changes Scripture.

The theological importance of Jesus being a man only and completely dying then being resurrected cannot be over-stated! It is the very heart of the Good News! Otherwise, trinitarians position must be that a man who is only a man who died and was resurrected into a glorified body has not happened yet.

And so you cancel the word of God in order to hand down your own tradition.
Mark 7:13

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is this Jesus if he is not God, and he is not an angel, and was not in the form of a man until he was birthed into this world, yet he exists eternally and was with God before he took the shape of a human?

False Alternative. The Bible says Jesus is a man selected by God, sent by God, was told what to say by God, submitted to the will of God who died and that God resurrected him. Even Rev 1:1 states the resurrected Jesus received a revelation from God! Furthermore, the Bible says the Father is the God our our Lord Jesus and 'for us, there is one God, the Father.' Jesus himself said his Father is the only true God and that he had not yet gone to his God. As explicit as can be.

Then there is the title of Jesus. Christ means Messiah, which means Anointed. This means Jesus was the passive object of action. Who Anointed Jesus? God. Jesus is God's Anointed.

Again, you cling to forms and shapes of what is not reality to support your doctrine. Where do you get the idea that Jesus existed eternally? Scripture says Jesus is the firstborn of all Creation.

Think about your own language usage: Jesus was with God. I accept that and realize a pre-carnate existence is possible for all men, for Scripture tells us God knew us before we were born. This alternative has the virtue of not contradicting Scripture. Are all men only in the form and shape of a human or does A is A apply? And who did Jesus teach us to pray to? Finally, what do singular pronouns signify?

I am the LORD your God, and there is no other
Joel 2:27