since the bible is perfect

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the theology of born again that
once saved is always saved

maybe they are right since
the father is in the son the son in the father the son can be in you and you in the son so you are connected to the father you can know you are saved if God let's you

what do you think @amadeus
i know you do not believe i also do not before but i am an open minded person i am welcome to new ideas or to ideas

but i still reject trinity hundred percent cause i found a concrete evidence that leads to killing the entirety of trinity theory it then sets me free

Hello to you Leve,

The Bible isn’t perfect, in translation sense unless you get as close to the Greek translation as possible. You also have other types of bibles that have more books in them than the Protestant bibles.

I personally believe the Protestant bibles are good enough for everything needed in the 66 canonical collection. If you desire to read other added material please feel free too.

The Bible though is inspired by God by and through men whom had the holy sprout throughout time.

I do not believe on the notion of the traditional man made doctrine of the trinity either, and I will not go around arguing against them because they believe it. I don’t care. Love is paramount. (Truth about who Jesus is and was it too of course in a biblical context).

The once saved always saved is something that all scripture needs to be taken in consideration and not just bits and pieces because people can walk away from the faith if they so desire toS

In my perspective it’s a two way street with God. God desired to connect with us through Jesus, and you have to have a desire to connect and continue to maintain that relationship by calling out in prayer reading scripture and not fall away from having that active faith in Jesus.

Just desired to be heard,

In love,
Matthew Gallagher

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oops, I meant Matthew 28..... :)
You're fine. :)

kelly-kiernan-1058695-unsplash.jpg

9 “Go, therefore, and disciple all nations; baptizing them in the Name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Ghost;

Father, Son and Holy Ghost aren't names.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please, go on. :)
Below is something I posted on this forum last June:

"And Joseph took them both, Ephraim in his right hand toward Israel's left hand, and Manasseh in his left hand toward Israel's right hand, and brought them near unto him.
And Israel stretched out his right hand, and laid it upon Ephraim's head, who was the younger, and his left hand upon Manasseh's head, guiding his hands wittingly; for Manasseh was the firstborn." Gen 48:13-14

The first born should have had the right hand laid of his head, but notice that Israel wittingly put his right hand on the head of the second born. This simply means that God knows what we are and what we are to be. That is which is expected may be reversed because of circumstances or some special part of God's plan.

"And the priest shall take some of the blood of the trespass offering, and the priest shall put it upon the tip of the right ear of him that is to be cleansed, and upon the thumb of his right hand, and upon the great toe of his right foot:" Lev 14:14

"Thy right hand, O LORD, is become glorious in power: thy right hand, O LORD, hath dashed in pieces the enemy." Ex 15:6

"And this is the blessing, wherewith Moses the man of God blessed the children of Israel before his death.

And he said, The LORD came from Sinai, and rose up from Seir unto them; he shined forth from mount Paran, and he came with ten thousands of saints: from his right hand went a fiery law for them." Deut 33:1-2

So who is this right hand of God or the One at the right hand of God?

"But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God." Acts 7:55-56

"A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left." Ecc 10:2

"And should not I spare Nineveh, that great city, wherein are more than sixscore thousand persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand; and also much cattle?" Jonah 4:11

"But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:
That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly." Matt 6:3-4

And where or what is the left hand of God?

"And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:" Matt 25:32-34

"Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:" Matt 25:41

There many other scriptures, especially in the OT regarding the hand of God. The right hand is often specified and is easy to see, while the left hand is not so clear. The above quoted verses from Matt 25:32-41 are the best ones for seeing what the end results for each is to be. We really do not want to be the left hand of God or end up as one of the goats. God uses goats as He uses sheep, but 100% better to work as a sheep.

Consider that Moses was working from or as the right hand of God, while, Pharaoh was working from or as the left hand of God. God will use whoever makes themselves available to accomplish His work. He did not make Pharaoh a goat. Pharaoh did that to himself and God uses that man's choice to accomplish the negative aspects of His plan.

Consider these words of Jesus:

"Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!
Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire." Matt 18:7-8

The man by whom the offence comes is the one who put himself in place to do the left hand work of God. How long should a man remain double minded, working first with God [the right hand], but then also at times working for God [the left hand]. We [believers] don't usually [if ever] consciously work for God as his left hand, but He uses that which is available to do that which needs to be done. Sometimes curses are necessary because of what a person did or did not do.

"A double minded man is unstable in all his ways." James 1:8

"Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded." James 4:8

Reactions: Abigail

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Below is something I posted on this forum last June:

"And Joseph took them both, Ephraim in his right hand toward Israel's left hand, and Manasseh in his left hand toward Israel's right hand, and brought them near unto him.
And Israel stretched out his right hand, and laid it upon Ephraim's head, who was the younger, and his left hand upon Manasseh's head, guiding his hands wittingly; for Manasseh was the firstborn." Gen 48:13-14

The first born should have had the right hand laid of his head, but notice that Israel wittingly put his right hand on the head of the second born. This simply means that God knows what we are and what we are to be. That is which is expected may be reversed because of circumstances or some special part of God's plan.

"And the priest shall take some of the blood of the trespass offering, and the priest shall put it upon the tip of the right ear of him that is to be cleansed, and upon the thumb of his right hand, and upon the great toe of his right foot:" Lev 14:14

"Thy right hand, O LORD, is become glorious in power: thy right hand, O LORD, hath dashed in pieces the enemy." Ex 15:6

"And this is the blessing, wherewith Moses the man of God blessed the children of Israel before his death.

And he said, The LORD came from Sinai, and rose up from Seir unto them; he shined forth from mount Paran, and he came with ten thousands of saints: from his right hand went a fiery law for them." Deut 33:1-2

So who is this right hand of God or the One at the right hand of God?

"But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God." Acts 7:55-56

"A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left." Ecc 10:2

"And should not I spare Nineveh, that great city, wherein are more than sixscore thousand persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand; and also much cattle?" Jonah 4:11

"But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:
That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly." Matt 6:3-4

And where or what is the left hand of God?

"And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:" Matt 25:32-34

"Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:" Matt 25:41

There many other scriptures, especially in the OT regarding the hand of God. The right hand is often specified and is easy to see, while the left hand is not so clear. The above quoted verses from Matt 25:32-41 are the best ones for seeing what the end results for each is to be. We really do not want to be the left hand of God or end up as one of the goats. God uses goats as He uses sheep, but 100% better to work as a sheep.

Consider that Moses was working from or as the right hand of God, while, Pharaoh was working from or as the left hand of God. God will use whoever makes themselves available to accomplish His work. He did not make Pharaoh a goat. Pharaoh did that to himself and God uses that man's choice to accomplish the negative aspects of His plan.

Consider these words of Jesus:

"Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!
Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire." Matt 18:7-8

The man by whom the offence comes is the one who put himself in place to do the left hand work of God. How long should a man remain double minded, working first with God [the right hand], but then also at times working for God [the left hand]. We [believers] don't usually [if ever] consciously work for God as his left hand, but He uses that which is available to do that which needs to be done. Sometimes curses are necessary because of what a person did or did not do.

"A double minded man is unstable in all his ways." James 1:8

"Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded." James 4:8

Thank you for taking the trouble to explain your earlier comment. :)

Are you familiar with 2 Samuel 24 and 1 Chronicles 21?

Reactions: amadeus

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Abigail I'm not sure of your church background; otherwise I might be able to answer better; but that's okay...
I don't see it as a matter of church background. God has many names in the Bible. And the passage states to Baptize in the name of.

God is Holy Spirit. Acts 5:3 Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? 4 Didn’t it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn’t the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied just to human beings but to God.

And of course Jesus was fully man and fully God.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always wondered why in the Old Testament both God and Satan enlisted king David to take a census.
Somewhat related to your specific question might be just exactly who Satan is and who he is not?

But almost certainly, whoever he is, he does work the work of the left hand of God, rather than the right.

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Somewhat related to your specific question might be just exactly who Satan is and who he is not?

But almost certainly, whoever he is, he does work the work of the left hand of God, rather than the right.
You're saying Satan is part of God then? And works as God wills?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for taking the trouble to explain your earlier comment. :)

Are you familiar with 2 Samuel 24 and 1 Chronicles 21?

Just so...!

Reactions: Abigail

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just so...!
This part of your post doesn't appear in the quote brackets: "Somewhat related to your specific question might be just exactly who Satan is and who he is not?

But almost certainly, whoever he is, he does work the work of the left hand of God, rather than the right."

OK, that would mean he's allowed by God to do that work. Right?

Reactions: amadeus