since the bible is perfect

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're saying Satan is part of God then? And works as God wills?
No! But what about men?

Every man, I believe, works either for God or with God. The latter ones working with God are the ones working in His will at the moment. They are working toward bringing it altogether as it ultimately will be with the Body of Christ in place with Jesus as the Head of it.

The ones working for God are those doing the left hand work, which might include anyone coming under judgement according the curses spoken by God. Unbelievers are used this way because what they want to do sometimes corresponds to what God needs to have done.

Believers, however, when they are not In the Spirit of God may find themselves being used in that left hand work as well. We really do not want to be there doing that, which is one reason Paul warns us:

"Quench not the Spirit" I Thess 5:19

Reactions: Abigail

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No! But what about men?

Every man, I believe, works either for God or with God. The latter ones working with God are the ones working in His will at the moment. They are working toward bringing it altogether as it ultimately will be with the Body of Christ in place with Jesus as the Head of it.

The ones working for God are those doing the left hand work, which might include anyone coming under judgement according the curses spoken by God. Unbelievers are used this way because what they want to do sometimes corresponds to what God needs to have done.

Believers, however, when they are not In the Spirit of God may find themselves being used in that left hand work as well. We really do not want to be there doing that, which is one reason Paul warns us:

"Quench not the Spirit" I Thess 5:19
I'm getting a bit confused here after reading that. Especially the first sentence in your reply.
You said, "But almost certainly, whoever he is, he does work the work of the left hand of God, rather than the right."

How would Satan do the work of the left hand of God without God's knowledge?

The Bible tells me that the hosts of Heaven stand on both the right and left hand. And God says that walking in his will entails neither turning left or right.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This part of your post doesn't appear in the quote brackets: "Somewhat related to your specific question might be just exactly who Satan is and who he is not?

But almost certainly, whoever he is, he does work the work of the left hand of God, rather than the right."

OK, that would mean he's allowed by God to do that work. Right?
Yes, he is allowed to do that work.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm getting a bit confused here after reading that. Especially the first sentence in your reply.
You said, "But almost certainly, whoever he is, he does work the work of the left hand of God, rather than the right."
Yes!
How would Satan do the work of the left hand of God without God's knowledge?
God knows! God, I believe, spoke His Word for us before there were any men at all... or before there was an Adam and Eve. Contained the written scriptures, we can see blessings and cursings.

We, human beings, make choices which either for or against God. It is our choice, but God knows ahead of time what each choice will be. For the ones requiring a left hand response His Word has already contains the precisely correct response. Satan, whoever he is, like men has no such foreknowledge, but God knows what Satan would do and when appropriate allows it.

Are there discussions between God and Satan as described in Job? Yes, but they may not be exactly as described.

The Bible tells me that the hosts of Heaven stand on both the right and left hand. And God says that walking in his will entails neither turning left or right.
Go straight down the pathway God has set for them or for us. Do you suppose that this would pertain to a devil or a demon whose purpose is to work always against God's perfect? Do you suppose a devil or demon stands with the host of heaven in any heaven?

Sometimes left or right as it is used in scriptrue may not mean evil or good. We need to understand God's message for us for the given moment and situation. That there are multiple dozens of denominations based on the Bible shows me that not everyone has all of the right answers all of the time... me included.

Do you understand why in the United States several decades ago, the teachers in public school would insist that young students use their right hand instead their left hand which was their best hand?

Consider the Book of Judges:

"But when the children of Israel cried unto the LORD, the LORD raised them up a deliverer, Ehud the son of Gera, a Benjamite, a man lefthanded: and by him the children of Israel sent a present unto Eglon the king of Moab" Judges 3:15

"Among all this people there were seven hundred chosen men lefthanded; every one could sling stones at an hair breadth, and not miss." Judges 20:16

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes!
What were Adam and Eve allowed to do that they should not have done?
Eaten of the tree of knowledge that then made them like unto God. And by Adam's act sin entered the world and condemned us all for all time.
Which is why we needed Jesus, who was God and also the second Adam to change all that.

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes!

God knows! God, I believe, spoke His Word for us before there were any men at all... or before there was an Adam and Eve. Contained the written scriptures, we can see blessings and cursings.

We, human beings, make choices which either for or against God. It is our choice, but God knows ahead of time what each choice will be. For the ones requiring a left hand response His Word has already contains the precisely correct response. Satan, whoever he is, like men has no such foreknowledge, but God knows what Satan would do and when appropriate allows it.

Are there discussions between God and Satan as described in Job? Yes, but they may not be exactly as described.

Go straight down the pathway God has set for them or for us. Do you suppose that this would pertain to a devil or a demon whose purpose is to work always against God's perfect? Do you suppose a devil or demon stands with the host of heaven in any heaven?

Sometimes left or right as it is used in scriptrue may not mean evil or good. We need to understand God's message for us for the given moment and situation. That there are multiple dozens of denominations based on the Bible shows me that not everyone has all of the right answers all of the time... me included.

Do you understand why in the United States several decades ago, the teachers in public school would insist that young students use their right hand instead their left hand which was their best hand?

Consider the Book of Judges:

"But when the children of Israel cried unto the LORD, the LORD raised them up a deliverer, Ehud the son of Gera, a Benjamite, a man lefthanded: and by him the children of Israel sent a present unto Eglon the king of Moab" Judges 3:15

"Among all this people there were seven hundred chosen men lefthanded; every one could sling stones at an hair breadth, and not miss." Judges 20:16
Thank you. :)

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
I serve Him because I love Him.
why do you love him? :)
We do live for God by faith rather than by absolute knowledge.
20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
We were discussing that you do not believe in the Trinity. So now you quote John 1:1 that the Word was not only God, but with God. So do you believe in a duelty?
i don't know if i should laugh or i should cry
when a person is an open minded
that person is vulnerable to all things

another person keeps pushing trinity while this person rejects it because of the word of God

you are simply confusing me so my answer is
hahaha :( i do not know what to believe in anymore

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Matthew 18:6 but woe to them who trips these little childrens it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

hope you guys are not doing these cause it's on you...

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

another person keeps pushing trinity while this person rejects it because of the word of God

I think maybe…from a previous post, I understand what you were saying…
Were you saying that God IS Spirit-the Holy Spirit, and so you cannot quite grasp a trinity, but you CAN sort of grasp God (who is the Holy Spirit) and Jesus?

Reactions: ThePuffyBlob

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
@Lifelong_sinner but you are right i did find the right words but can't change the fact that i sinned
@1stCenturyLady i was trying to hide it but my IQ is below average still now i am reluctant to admit it whatever i'll just deny myself

@amadeus @ScottA do not take sides
it would be very beneficial to my growth
i am learning by reading from your comments

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I believe in ONE God, but has three substances to Him that are inseparable making One God a Trinity. We are made in His image.

We have a body, a shell with organs and muscles, a brain and beating heart. This represents Jesus who came in the form of man to die to destroy the works of Satan.

Now comes the invisible substances that made Jesus God: Remember the Father and Holy Spirit are invisible and everywhere.
So inside Jesus' brain was the mind. The mind is invisible called the spirit. The mind is the Father. Jesus had the mind of the Father; that is how he could say He didn't do anything He didn't see the Father doing (in His mind) in heaven.

We also have a conscience and emotions represented by the heart. The conscience is invisible, but this is where God's eternal laws of love are written. Following your conscience when you are born again is what 1 John 3:21-22 is about.

Therefore, we are body, soul and spirit. One person.

A person that is not born again has an unregenerated mind. They have the spirit of satan speaking to them through their thoughts; that is why even though they may have read the Bible, they still struggle with sin. That is why we MUST be born again.

A born again person has the mind of Christ. 1 Corinthians 2:16.

Also, a born again person does not sin. 1 John 3:9. They have both the mind that Christ had from being born from the seed of His Father, and a conscience (the Holy Spirit) that kept Him sinless. By destroying the works of satan in us we have the divine nature of God. 2 Peter 1:2-4.

Last edited:

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Lifelong_sinner but you are right i did find the right words but can't change the fact that i sinned
@1stCenturyLady i was trying to hide it but my IQ is below average still now i am reluctant to admit it whatever i'll just deny myself

@amadeus @ScottA do not take sides
it would be very beneficial to my growth
i am learning by reading from your comments

I hope I explained it well enough for you.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why do you love him? :)
"We love him, because he first loved us." I John 4:19

Of course, I cannot speak for you or anyone else, but over many years God has shown me that He loves me. I have been working on returning His love but my love for Him continues to fall short.

20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.
Have any of us seen profane and babblings or oppositions of false science on this forum? Have any of us manifested any of these things? Help us dear Lord!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
21139_632023bc3dc093f523eb808dffceeda8.png

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amadues was here . Put those hands up my friend and let the glorious Lord be praised .
The lambs have all hope , our hope is the glorious Risen Savoir JESUS CHRIST .
The only name whereby one may be saved . Let all praise and thank the glorious LORD .